EVGA

Helpful ReplyEVGA CLC 240mm missreading radiator fans RPM

Author
lucasamora
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/11/07 23:04:24 (permalink)
Hi! Have this equipment for a few years now, and just upgraded my pc with a new motherboard and processor. But now my CLC software (EVGA Flow control - tried 2.0.9 and 2.0.8) keeps showing me rpm values that are not true. I can literally see my fans spinning and sometimes it shows 0 rpm on software. Other times they keep going up and down in a 2-3 sec interval.

I'm conneting radiator fans to the pump, as recommended, and connecting the pump cable to CPU_FAN. Is that the best option? I've been reading a few threads about EVGA CLCs and I see a lot of poeple connecting fans radiator directly to motherboard, or others using similar softwares instead of EVGA's (which are pretty aweful, i should admit). Attached my motherboard pump and fans layout. What's ur recommendation? I can clearly listen to my fans rotation going up and down very quickly and I'm almost sure their lifespan will be reduced by that.

I was maybe thinking about use AIO_PUMP for Pump, and CPU_FAN and CPU_OPT for the 2 radiator fans. Is it possible?
post edited by lucasamora - 2020/11/07 23:10:52

Attached Image(s)

Hoggle
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 10103
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: EVGA CLC 240mm missreading radiator fans RPM 2020/11/08 02:56:58 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby lucasamora 2020/11/08 10:43:40
In the bios of the motherboard make sure that the CPU_FAN is not set to auto but set to Full or 100% (depends on the motherboard of course). Auto or CPU fan control will lower the power to the fan header when the CPU is cool and provide more power when it's hot. That is fine when you just have a fan hooked into the header but when it also has a pump like an AIO does the motherboard is reducing power to the whole water cooler system. It's ok to use the AIO_Pump header but some motherboards will require you to disable CPU_Fan fan error reporting which reports if the CPU fan is spinning and will prevent boot if it doesn't see a CPU fan.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

coolmistry
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2502
  • Ribbons : 45
Re: EVGA CLC 240mm missreading radiator fans RPM 2020/11/08 03:16:02 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby lucasamora 2020/11/08 10:43:56
lucasamora
Hi! Have this equipment for a few years now, and just upgraded my pc with a new motherboard and processor. But now my CLC software (EVGA Flow control - tried 2.0.9 and 2.0.8) keeps showing me rpm values that are not true. I can literally see my fans spinning and sometimes it shows 0 rpm on software. Other times they keep going up and down in a 2-3 sec interval.

I'm conneting radiator fans to the pump, as recommended, and connecting the pump cable to CPU_FAN. Is that the best option? I've been reading a few threads about EVGA CLCs and I see a lot of poeple connecting fans radiator directly to motherboard, or others using similar softwares instead of EVGA's (which are pretty aweful, i should admit). Attached my motherboard pump and fans layout. What's ur recommendation? I can clearly listen to my fans rotation going up and down very quickly and I'm almost sure their lifespan will be reduced by that.

I was maybe thinking about use AIO_PUMP for Pump, and CPU_FAN and CPU_OPT for the 2 radiator fans. Is it possible?

Yup you can. I have my CLC 280 here and I am using onboard fan control which is better rather use CLC software which I don't need this and small USB lead for cooler pump. I have plug CLC cooler pump go to PWN fan pins set at 75% speed and the cooler fans for radiator go to CPU1 and CPU2 fans set on Auto Fans. It much quiet! Make sure cooler pump set at 100% speed but I set at 75% is good and much cooler and quiet...

You can check out my old post here post #5

Windows 11 Home 64bits up to Dated
i9 11900K 5,275 MHz (3,500 MHz) || EVGA Z590 FTW WIFI || 2 x Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti FE || 32Gb Dominator Platinum DDR3 3600mhz XMP OC 3800mhz || 500gb Samsung 980 Pro NVMe || 500gb Samsung 970 EVO and Sata M.2 (1 x SSD and 1xHHD) || EVGA CLCx 360 Cooler || EVGA Supernova 1300w X3 || EVGA Z10 Keyboard || EVGA TORQ X10 mouse ||EVGA DG 77 case || Acer Predator  X35 35" 200Hz G-Sync || Logitech Z906 5.1 system sounds SPDIF|| Kaspersky Internet Security
lucasamora
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA CLC 240mm missreading radiator fans RPM 2020/11/08 10:58:13 (permalink)
Hoggle
In the bios of the motherboard make sure that the CPU_FAN is not set to auto but set to Full or 100% (depends on the motherboard of course). Auto or CPU fan control will lower the power to the fan header when the CPU is cool and provide more power when it's hot. That is fine when you just have a fan hooked into the header but when it also has a pump like an AIO does the motherboard is reducing power to the whole water cooler system. It's ok to use the AIO_Pump header but some motherboards will require you to disable CPU_Fan fan error reporting which reports if the CPU fan is spinning and will prevent boot if it doesn't see a CPU fan.

My god, u just saved my life! By setting CPU_FAN to 100% in BIOS, all my problems were solved! Something that I didn't mention earlier: I thought I had lost one of my radiator fans (stopping suddenly), but now its working properly again. Attached screenshot with actual readings!

coolmistry

Yup you can. I have my CLC 280 here and I am using onboard fan control which is better rather use CLC software which I don't need this and small USB lead for cooler pump. I have plug CLC cooler pump go to PWN fan pins set at 75% speed and the cooler fans for radiator go to CPU1 and CPU2 fans set on Auto Fans. It much quiet! Make sure cooler pump set at 100% speed but I set at 75% is good and much cooler and quiet...

[<font]You can check out my old post here 

Wow! Thanks! I'm gonna try that!

Attached Image(s)

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile