EVGA

Helpful ReplyEVGA Auctioning Off Limited Edition EVGA Next Gen Video Card For Charity. (RTX 4090)

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 21174
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 270
Re: EVGA Auctioning Off Limited Edition EVGA Next Gen Video Card For Charity. (RTX 4090) 2022/12/11 11:01:40 (permalink)
I'm telling you what an NVIDIA AIB can do. If you want an AIB to innovate, they will need to produce something other than an NVIDIA card.

YOU are saying that an NVIDIA AIB can rake in a huge profit on the 4090. I am telling you that you are wrong.

Now you are going off-topic because there is nowhere else for you to go.

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: EVGA Auctioning Off Limited Edition EVGA Next Gen Video Card For Charity. (RTX 4090) 2022/12/11 11:33:46 (permalink)
dragomirc
ty_ger07
It is pointless for me to respond if you won't educate yourself about this specific topic. There is no amount of innovation or foresight which will prevent NVIDIA from purposely undercutting the AIB's profit margin. The more they innovate, the more it costs them, the less profit they make. NVIDIA is making it a cookie-cutter AIB product line with very little room to innovate and controls the majority of the AIB's pricing, features, and performance. NVIDIA only tolerates innovation for small-run products and all other products have to be authorized by NVIDIA, firmware approved by NVIDIA, pricing controlled by NVIDIA, and cores and memory sold to the AIB by NVIDIA at steep markup.

You got lost, as you respond without understanding the whole picture, and most of the time have no basic education about economy, production, research/innovation, marketing, etc...

Strong ones dictate terms to the weak ones. The smart ones rule the less smart ones.
That's how the whole world is spinning, not just the GPU business.

Using Nvidia word too often just show how fact blind and wrongly focused you are. 
Being driven by hate/animosity toward the GPU leader in every aspect, disqualifies you for any serious discussion. 
Done with you. 

NVidia is literally on record saying they are going to lower production of consumer GPU’s to adjust the market price in their own favor.

So, how does the AIB’s make profit when the controlling party literally blocks them from being able to produce the very product they are attempting to make in an effort to make a product? This isn’t like 2020, 2021, and a good portion of 2022 where the product was non-stop being sold and therefore in huge demand. When crypto busted, NVidia cut their losses and AIB’s got stuck with the leftovers and had to figure out how to keep moving the boards, and NVidia openly admitted they would hold back stock to force the market to pay the higher prices. AIB’s don’t have a say in that.
dragomirc
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 760
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA Auctioning Off Limited Edition EVGA Next Gen Video Card For Charity. (RTX 4090) 2022/12/11 12:59:36 (permalink)
Nvidia is bullying AIB's as everyone who can is doing the same. 
I am not defending Nvidia, just saying that leadership of every AIB's has to foreseen end of abnormal demand for their GPUs.
Covid/crypto/mining perfect storm demands end, should be expected, and prompt significantly lower GPU production, as plan B.

Nvidia and AIBs were simply caught with pants down and paid the price. That part of business is called calculated risk and that's why is reserve fund for.
Let's say EVGA decided to eliminate future risk and quit doing GPU. 
Unfortunately, EVGA brand legacy is built and existed on the excellent GPU production and best customer support.

Time will tell are customer support, and other EVGA products enough to keep boat floating.
post edited by dragomirc - 2022/12/11 13:12:36
zippytek
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1185
  • Ribbons : 9
Re: EVGA Auctioning Off Limited Edition EVGA Next Gen Video Card For Charity. (RTX 4090) 2022/12/12 06:02:49 (permalink)
hit that auction link and it only showed up to page 2 and was still under $2000 oops
EVGATech_MatthewC
EVGA Tech Support
  • Total Posts : 128
Re: EVGA Auctioning Off Limited Edition EVGA Next Gen Video Card For Charity. (RTX 4090) 2022/12/12 10:46:10 (permalink)
Auction now being done on the forums, not eBay: https://forums.evga.com/E...-Charity-m3590023.aspx
GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10323
  • Ribbons : 48
Re: EVGA Auctioning Off Limited Edition EVGA Next Gen Video Card For Charity. (RTX 4090) 2022/12/16 09:39:51 (permalink)
ty_ger07

NVIDIA creates the innovation, stifles competing innovation, controls pricing, and controls the AIB's profit margin.

Nvidia was a nobody and with the help of EVGA became a house hold name imo.  Over the years they were tightening the noose.  I remember the EVBot drama several years back and can't clock too high.

I knew once I saw Nvidia sell their own GPUs that that was the start of a downward spiral for AIBs.

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
dragomirc
SSC Member
Re: EVGA Auctioning Off Limited Edition EVGA Next Gen Video Card For Charity. (RTX 4090) 2022/12/16 11:28:07 (permalink)
GTXJackBauer

Nvidia was a nobody and with the help of EVGA became a house hold name imo.  Over the years they were tightening the noose.  I remember the EVBot drama several years back and can't clock too high.
I knew once I saw Nvidia sell their own GPUs that that was the start of a downward spiral for AIBs.

What are you talking about???
It is just opposite from your opinion.
EVGA become famous manufacturing video cards thanks to Nvidia GPUs.

Nvidia was founded in 1993, and EVGA was founded 1999 (SIX years later), so without Nvidia, EVGA wouldn't exist (as top GPU manufacturer) 
EDIT:
According to the IBISWorld, EVGA dropped to 152 employees (from 250+) and shrink in revenue yet to be seen.
post edited by dragomirc - 2022/12/16 11:47:23
GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10323
  • Ribbons : 48
Re: EVGA Auctioning Off Limited Edition EVGA Next Gen Video Card For Charity. (RTX 4090) 2022/12/16 19:41:42 (permalink)
dragomirc
GTXJackBauer

What are you talking about???
It is just opposite from your opinion.
EVGA become famous manufacturing video cards thanks to Nvidia GPUs.

Nvidia was founded in 1993, and EVGA was founded 1999 (SIX years later), so without Nvidia, EVGA wouldn't exist (as top GPU manufacturer) 
EDIT:
According to the IBISWorld, EVGA dropped to 152 employees (from 250+) and shrink in revenue yet to be seen.

Nvidia became popular thanks to EVGA's popularity.  Is that better or still confused?
post edited by GTXJackBauer - 2022/12/17 00:59:38

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
dragomirc
SSC Member
Re: EVGA Auctioning Off Limited Edition EVGA Next Gen Video Card For Charity. (RTX 4090) 2022/12/17 06:21:44 (permalink)
GTXJackBauer
Nvidia became popular thanks to EVGA's popularity.  Is that better or still confused?

Only in LaLa land dwarf can offspring giants and kids can be older than parents.
Is that better or still confused?
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 31005
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: EVGA Auctioning Off Limited Edition EVGA Next Gen Video Card For Charity. (RTX 4090) 2022/12/17 08:47:24 (permalink)
Please stay ON Topic & stop posting "attacks" on others

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile