EVGA 280 mm CLC sound

Author
Hyperclast
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/05/12 21:44:57 (permalink)
Hello everyone! Hope you doing well.
Wanted to share with you an issue I'm dealing with my CLC regarding noises from the bottom radiator fan.
Yesterday I managed to install my CLC in my PC, it was the first time I built my own and I watched as many tutorials I could to build it with not much struggle. When I turned it on for the first time everything was fine, but I had to open my PC again because I realized I didn't connect the Pump mini USB to the mobo and I also connected the "To Motherboard" Head into the CPU_FAN pins instead of the AIO Pump, so my system wasn't detecting the CLC. After I entered the BIOS to turn off the CPU_FAN monitoring and plugged the USB correctly, my PC launched with no problem but after some time I started to hear a "metallic" like sound coming from the radiator fans, I know this because I accidently stopped the bottom fan when I was tweaking with my tower and the noise suddenly stopped.
I'm super noob when it comes to PC and even more to cooling systems, I don't know if this is a normal thing but every video I've seen reviewing this cooler it didn't sound like this. I really hope you could give me a hand with my problem pls.

Oh, and also I'll list my PC specs if they are useful in any way:
- CPU: Intel i5 8400 2.81 Ghz
- GPU: RX750 8gvram
- RAM: 16gb 
- Motherboard: Asus Z370 Prime
- Tower: XPG Invader 

(PS: I don't know if there is any way to attach audio into the post, but if there is, please let me know so I can show you how it sounds).

post edited by Hyperclast - 2021/05/13 05:34:27

3 Replies Related Threads

coolmistry
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2502
    • Ribbons : 45
    Re: EVGA 280 mm CLC sound 2021/05/13 09:30:25 (permalink)
    Hello and Welcome to the EVGA Forum!
    Maybe the fan blade might touch to radiator can be make noise so try take out the fans and have a look close at the close see anything fans blade light scratch on radiator? 
    Or if you are still under EVGA warranty for 5 years then you can RMA to replace new one! So contact EVGA Customer support 

Windows 11 Home 64bits up to Dated
    i9 11900K 5,275 MHz (3,500 MHz) || EVGA Z590 FTW WIFI || 2 x Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti FE || 32Gb Dominator Platinum DDR3 3600mhz XMP OC 3800mhz || 500gb Samsung 980 Pro NVMe || 500gb Samsung 970 EVO and Sata M.2 (1 x SSD and 1xHHD) || EVGA CLCx 360 Cooler || EVGA Supernova 1300w X3 || EVGA Z10 Keyboard || EVGA TORQ X10 mouse ||EVGA DG 77 case || Acer Predator  X35 35" 200Hz G-Sync || Logitech Z906 5.1 system sounds SPDIF|| Kaspersky Internet Security
    wmmills
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5679
    • Ribbons : 40
    Re: EVGA 280 mm CLC sound 2021/05/13 13:21:55 (permalink)
    Hyperclast
    Hello everyone! Hope you doing well.
    Wanted to share with you an issue I'm dealing with my CLC regarding noises from the bottom radiator fan.
    Yesterday I managed to install my CLC in my PC, it was the first time I built my own and I watched as many tutorials I could to build it with not much struggle. When I turned it on for the first time everything was fine, but I had to open my PC again because I realized I didn't connect the Pump mini USB to the mobo and I also connected the "To Motherboard" Head into the CPU_FAN pins instead of the AIO Pump, so my system wasn't detecting the CLC. After I entered the BIOS to turn off the CPU_FAN monitoring and plugged the USB correctly, my PC launched with no problem but after some time I started to hear a "metallic" like sound coming from the radiator fans, I know this because I accidently stopped the bottom fan when I was tweaking with my tower and the noise suddenly stopped.
    I'm super noob when it comes to PC and even more to cooling systems, I don't know if this is a normal thing but every video I've seen reviewing this cooler it didn't sound like this. I really hope you could give me a hand with my problem pls.

Oh, and also I'll list my PC specs if they are useful in any way:
    - CPU: Intel i5 8400 2.81 Ghz
    - GPU: RX750 8gvram
    - RAM: 16gb 
    - Motherboard: Asus Z370 Prime
    - Tower: XPG Invader 

(PS: I don't know if there is any way to attach audio into the post, but if there is, please let me know so I can show you how it sounds).

Yeah, sounds like the fans screws are either a little loose and when it turns on it tweaks the fan enough to touch the fins under it or that fan isnt sitting with a even amount of clearance around the all the blades, which means youll have to back the screws out and reset it up so there is enough clearance all the way around. It may also even be a wire that too close and is touching the fan blades.

MOBO: EVGA x299 Dark, CPU: I9 10900X, RAM: Patriot Viper RGB 3600 32gb, SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, M2: Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB, PSU: CoolerMaster M2 1500, CPU HSF: EVGA 240 CLC HSF~ P/P EK Furious Vardar, G-CARD:EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming w/Hybrid kit and Noctua IPPC 3000 P/P, CASE: LIAN-LI PC-V2010B w/ Window mod, OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, MON: Alienware AW3821DW

New EVGA product? Register it NOW with this link:
    http://www.evga.com/register/default.asp?affiliatecode=4QFQRAMOII
     Help Our Vets From K-2!
    [link=https://strongholdfreedom
    EVGATech_AnthonyS
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 149
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: EVGA 280 mm CLC sound 2021/05/15 11:20:03 (permalink)
    If you find that the fan continues to be an issue after the above suggestions, reach out to support@evga.com confirming your shipping address so we can offer available warranty options.

Like our service? Please provide feedback for us at the link HERE
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile