Page: 1234 > Showing page 1 of 4
Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102313
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2015/03/12 13:51:44 (permalink)

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

101 Replies Related Threads

Gold Leader
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3939
    • Ribbons : 62
    Remember Descent, well meet the 4th Installment Descent Underground!!!! 2015/03/12 20:37:40 (permalink)
    Hai everyone here a new Descent game and yes it is happening finally!!

All behold the 4th Descent installment!!! Descent Underground!!!!! This is a Prequel to Descent First Strike! which was released on December 17, 1994.

https://www.kickstarter.c...os/descent-underground

Here are the livestreams that WingMan and his team did to talk more about the game and the focus of development.
    http://www.twitch.tv/descendentstudios/profile/past_broadcasts

This is THE moment we all have been waiting for  even I myself find it hard to even believe it is finally happening, feel free to support this fabulous project  8)

Here their main page:
    http://descendentstudios.com/

Here their forum:
    http://descendentstudios.com/community/
    Over there  I go as Obi-Wan Kenobi at the forums and I am just helping them get some publicity, they are using Unreal Engine 4.0 and the game will be fully SMP Friendly and have full 64 Bit Support.
    Also I made my intro with my Descent/Freespace collection which is the largest of it's kind in the world:
    http://descendentstudios....nt-collectors-intro-8/

Since I still enjoy playing Descent 1 & 2 and sometimes 3 as well I thought I'd pass this along here, so you new gen gamers can also try out this new game when its ready for Early Access :)
    The game is a 6DoF meaning Six Degrees of Freedom so it will be like flying a Harrier Jump Jet in many ways, DU will have Single player & full Multiplayer support over ISP and LAN,

But yer feel free to check it out it's pretty good looking and the gameplay will make this a hit I am thinking, we needed a new Descent badly and I am sure that this will surly give the Descent fans what they all have been waiting for, catch ya around my EVGA Buddies <3 HUUUUGZ :)

And here a link showing the so far planned roadmap
    http://descendentstudios....ew-from-above-roadmap/

Proving Grounds starts in August 2015 and goes on forever - as people will be testing new weapons and maps before they are approved to go into alpha testing.
    Alpha Testing starts in October 2015 - a few good pilots needed to help us balance all the game play.
    Backer Beta starts in January 2016 - you backed early, you play early.
    Launch (Single Player Prologue and Multi-Player) March 2016 - Wohoo!
    Epic Single Player Campaign August 2016
    post edited by Gold Leader - 2015/03/12 23:14:19

seta8967
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1813
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Remember Descent, well meet the 4th Installment Descent Underground!!!! 2015/03/12 21:09:09 (permalink)
    Can't see links at work. Is this the same guy who worked for Star Citizen, Eric "wingman" peterson? I think I saw Star Citizen promoting his product. How is the kickstarter doing, did they reach their goal? A couple days ago, they were still short, when SC promoted it.
    Brad_Hawthorne
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 23174
    • Ribbons : 39
    Re: Remember Descent, well meet the 4th Installment Descent Underground!!!! 2015/03/12 21:50:33 (permalink)
    seta8967
    Can't see links at work. Is this the same guy who worked for Star Citizen, Eric "wingman" peterson? I think I saw Star Citizen promoting his product. How is the kickstarter doing, did they reach their goal? A couple days ago, they were still short, when SC promoted it.

Yep, the core team are four from CIG Austin. The Kickstarter has only been going for 3 days now and they've already gotten 25%+ of their goal.

http://www.kicktraq.com/p...3/descent-underground/
    post edited by Brad_Hawthorne - 2015/03/12 21:52:41
    Gold Leader
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: Remember Descent, well meet the 4th Installment Descent Underground!!!! 2015/03/12 21:56:37 (permalink)
    The Kickstarter got them to 20% of their goal they still have about 28 days to go, not much I am thinking but I really hope they reach their goal, this is quite the dream come true for me as a Die hard Descent collector and player myself.

As for this Wingman I personally do not know him and  as Star Citizen goes the game Chris Roberts made I don't really know of the relations between Wingman and his job for RSI, but Ican ask, I did join their community the Devs , crew and members are very kind though

Here an update I was asked to pass along this if you want to know more about Wingman himself:
    Wingman's Background
    post edited by Gold Leader - 2015/03/12 21:59:31

Brad_Hawthorne
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: Remember Descent, well meet the 4th Installment Descent Underground!!!! 2015/03/12 22:01:12 (permalink)
    Gold Leader
    The Kickstarter got them to 20% of their goal they still have about 29 days to go, not much I am thinking but I really hope they reach their goal, this is quite the dream come true for me as a Die hard Descent collector and player myself.

As for this Wingman I personally do not know him and  as Star Citizen goes the game Chris Roberts made I don't really know of the relations between Wingman and his job for RSI, but Ican ask, I did join their community the Devs , crew and members are very kind though

Wingman was the head of the original development studio for Star Citizen in Austin. He also had a weekly show that featured constant updates on development status. The whole core of people involved with that show are now on the Descent team. Several very key people from CIG Austin defected over to the Descent development. They left CIG because Chris Roberts wanted to relocate key personnel to L.A. to work directly with him and those that left wanted to say in the Austin area with family and friends.

Wingman has a huge following from Star Citizen. THere is enough people from that group alone to fully fund the Kickstarter in short order.
    post edited by Brad_Hawthorne - 2015/03/12 22:05:14
    seta8967
    FTW Member
    Re: Remember Descent, well meet the 4th Installment Descent Underground!!!! 2015/03/12 22:12:07 (permalink)
    Brad_Hawthorne
    Gold Leader
    The Kickstarter got them to 20% of their goal they still have about 29 days to go, not much I am thinking but I really hope they reach their goal, this is quite the dream come true for me as a Die hard Descent collector and player myself.

Wingman was the head of the original development studio for Star Citizen in Austin. He also had a weekly show that featured constant updates on development status. The whole core of people involved with that show are now on the Descent team. Several very key people from CIG Austin defected over to the Descent development. They left CIG because Chris Roberts wanted to relocate key personnel to L.A. to work directly with him and those that left wanted to say in the Austin area with family and friends.

Wingman has a huge following from Star Citizen. THere is enough people from that group alone to fully fund the Kickstarter in short order.

I know its a huge deal on SC forums and reddit/r/starcitizen. I will pledge when i get home. The "wingman" is a great guy, i was sad when he left CIG. I am not the biggest fan of the new PR girl, she seems to lack the compassion that "wingman" had. I know that I can trust a game he is behind.
    Brad_Hawthorne
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: Remember Descent, well meet the 4th Installment Descent Underground!!!! 2015/03/12 22:30:47 (permalink)
    seta8967
    Brad_Hawthorne
    Gold Leader

Wingman has a huge following from Star Citizen. There is enough people from that group alone to fully fund the Kickstarter in short order.

I know its a huge deal on SC forums and reddit/r/starcitizen. I will pledge when i get home. The "wingman" is a great guy, i was sad when he left CIG. I am not the biggest fan of the new PR girl, she seems to lack the compassion that "wingman" had. I know that I can trust a game he is behind.

She isn't new to Star Citizen. She was around when there were only 4 or 5 on the team initially (including Wingman). She's just taken on more of a public role over time. She is ok, but she is no Wingman as far as charisma. Personally, I think she is better suited for doing behind the scenes marketing and keep the more charismatic face of SC to someone else like a Mark Skelton type of person.

Both titles will end up being good...just in their own different ways. Star Citizen has outgrown it's grass roots following and mirrors a full fledged AAA development. The Descent dev house is much smaller like how CIG was when it first started out. I think they're wanting to keep it much more grounded and down to earth with how it's developed and take the development method that made SC great and refine it to best fit Wingman's style. I always got a vibe that Wingman did things just a bit differently than CR and they had different development culture. CIG Austin and CIG Santa Monica were ran a lot differently. Where CR is a grand ideas and big picture studio head I think Wingman has a much better grounded sense of leadership. In many ways CR was the brains of SC, while Wingman was the soul. There is a whole different shift in creative development at CIG. Foundry 42 over in the UK is now doing a ton of what CIG Austin was initially doing. They've essentially have taken over the art assets pipeline. CIG Austin is now mostly dealing with game servers. A dynamic shift in what they're working on compared with what it used to do.
    post edited by Brad_Hawthorne - 2015/03/12 22:44:46
    XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: Remember Descent, well meet the 4th Installment Descent Underground!!!! 2015/03/12 22:33:34 (permalink)

I used to love playing Descent. This is awesome. I can finally take the Joystick back out of the closet after all these years.           

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    Gold Leader
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: Remember Descent, well meet the 4th Installment Descent Underground!!!! 2015/03/12 22:45:23 (permalink)
    XrayMan

I used to love playing Descent. This is awesome. I can finally take the Joystick back out of the closet after all these years.           

Yes you can my friend and I want to take you all on this trip , it's the one thing I always wanted and hearing about DU and then finding out that it is really happening even put tears to my face, I just never though we'd see a new Descent in what 20 years time ya know...made me emotional anyways they have 28 days Iam gonna do quite a big donation myself as holder of the world's Largest Descent Freespace collection I will support all such projects that are Descent related.

Anyways I have updated the first post with their YT Video so for the ones that had bad luck with the other links, that should fix that problem

XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: Remember Descent, well meet the 4th Installment Descent Underground!!!! 2015/03/12 22:48:39 (permalink)

Is there a year that it would be out?

&nbsp
    Gold Leader
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: Remember Descent, well meet the 4th Installment Descent Underground!!!! 2015/03/12 23:02:24 (permalink)
    XrayMan

Well they just started but I can ask this for ya :)
    Or you could join and ask yourself hehe They are really kind people XrayMan really
    Oh I am Ob-Wan Kenobi there btw I am in the chatbox atm :)

Update**

Well this worked, one of their members linked me this:

A roadmap, well what works right!
    post edited by Gold Leader - 2015/03/12 23:07:46

seta8967
    FTW Member
    Re: Remember Descent, well meet the 4th Installment Descent Underground!!!! 2015/03/12 23:09:32 (permalink)
    Brad_Hawthorne
    seta8967
    Brad_Hawthorne
    Gold Leader

Wingman has a huge following from Star Citizen. There is enough people from that group alone to fully fund the Kickstarter in short order.

She isn't new to Star Citizen. She was around when there were only 4 or 5 on the team initially (including Wingman). She's just taken on more of a public role over time. She is ok, but she is no Wingman as far as charisma. Personally, I think she is better suited for doing behind the scenes marketing and keep the more charismatic face of SC to someone else like a Mark Skelton type of person.

Didn't know she was with the team that long, still I agree with you. She doesn't fill the void that Wingman had, both physically and emotionally. Wingman had this personality that could make a introvert go out and have a good time. Sandi is more cold and I'm not sure if its she tries too hard, or she just comes off as not caring. something just doesn't feel very "Star Citizeny" about her. Plus a lot of subscribers are upset that she leaks subscriber exclusive content all the time, on her personal facebook page, but Wingman got reprimanded for leaking info on the forums and the Wingmans Chat, on SC official chat log.

XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: Remember Descent, well meet the 4th Installment Descent Underground!!!! 2015/03/12 23:15:48 (permalink)
    Gold Leader
    XrayMan

Well they just started but I can ask this for ya :)
    Or you could join and ask yourself hehe They are really kind people XrayMan really
    Oh I am Ob-Wan Kenobi there btw I am in the chatbox atm :)

Update**

Well this worked, one of their members linked me this:

A roadmap, well what works right!

August 2016 is sooo far away.       BTW, I like the SP of descent. I guess I could get into the MP aspect of it. Have to see. Can't wait to see some game play footage. Anyway, thanks for the new link. Keep us updated as developments occur.        

&nbsp
    Gold Leader
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: Remember Descent, well meet the 4th Installment Descent Underground!!!! 2015/03/13 00:46:45 (permalink)
    Oh yes I will and 2016 it will be here faster than most think bud :) The older you get the faster time goes by, for me it does anyway xD
    I mean look how quick 2014 went right and hay it's almost April xDD

srtie4k
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1589
    Re: Remember Descent, well meet the 4th Installment Descent Underground!!!! 2015/03/13 04:34:27 (permalink)
    I think it's necessary to point out that "this is not the Descent you're looking for". They've completely changed the concept from what it used to be, and melded components of strategy and MOBAs into this new hybrid kind of game, at least from what I've briefly seen and read about. This isn't solely a "blast everything that moves" game anymore.

Gaming Rig:
    Corsair Vegeance C70, Swiftech H220, Intel i7-3770K @ 4.5GHz (1.24V), Asus Sabertooth Z77, Corsair AX860, 16GB Corsair Vegeance DDR3-1600 CL9 1.35V, EVGA GTX 670 FTW, SanDisk Extreme 240GB SSD, Dell 2408WFP, Corsair K70 Cherry Red, Corsair M65, Logitech Z-5500 5.1
    Steambox/HTPC:
    Lian Li PC-Q01A, AMD A10-7800, ASRock FM2A88X-ITX, Seasonic ST30SF, 8GB Samsung DDR3-1600 @ 1866, Samsung 840 Evo 250GB MSATA SSD

Affiliate Code: KKDMX98FNV
    Bobmitch
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8328
    • Ribbons : 47
    Re: 'Descent' Franchise Finally Returns To PC 2015/03/13 06:06:11 (permalink)
    Ditto....Can't wait to see!

MSI MAG X670-E Tomahawk;  Ryzen 7 7800X3D; Asus TUF RTX 4070 TI OC; Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 PSU; 32 GB  Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 RGB; Corsair iCue Link H150i RGB 360MM AIO; 2-Western Digital Black 4 TB SN850X NVMe; Creative SoundBlaster Z;  Lian Li Lancool III; EVGA Z15 Keyboard; Razer Viper 8K Mouse

Heatware:  http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=72402    Affiliate code: 1L2RV0BNQ6                                          
    Associate Code:  UD82LJP3Y1FIQPR

Gold Leader
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: Remember Descent, well meet the 4th Installment Descent Underground!!!! 2015/03/13 09:37:25 (permalink)
    srtie4k
    I think it's necessary to point out that "this is not the Descent you're looking for". They've completely changed the concept from what it used to be, and melded components of strategy and MOBAs into this new hybrid kind of game, at least from what I've briefly seen and read about. This isn't solely a "blast everything that moves" game anymore.

Well it's not even made yet they told me in person that theyare going to make Descent make acomback this sia Prequel so as that goes I think there will bea lot more too it, I too are questioned but I won't let this chance slip away from me, I wanna give them a chance it still can turn out very well, so give it some patience, I think it's worth the wait, not something Ican say abouta lot of games but this one yeah it's something special, give it time my friend and it will surely evolve in to something major

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Remember Descent, well meet the 4th Installment Descent Underground!!!! 2015/03/13 09:45:22 (permalink)
    Locking this as a duplicate:

http://forums.evga.com/FindPost/2307243

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Remember Descent, well meet the 4th Installment Descent Underground!!!! 2015/03/13 10:38:01 (permalink)
    I unlocked the thread and combined both threads into one

Brad_Hawthorne
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: Remember Descent, well meet the 4th Installment Descent Underground!!!! 2015/03/13 11:50:57 (permalink)
    srtie4k

I think it's necessary to point out that it started out not being a Descent game at all, and a lot of the confusion stems from that. They only recently secured the rights to Descent. A lot changes when they shifted to Descent IP, instead of just doing something similar. They're still deciding what the game will be.
    Gold Leader
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: Remember Descent, well meet the 4th Installment Descent Underground!!!! 2015/03/13 14:15:50 (permalink)
    rjohnson11
    I unlocked the thread and combined both threads into one

Many many thanks for this rjohnson11  Really this means a huge lot to me 
    Dem Wuvs  for Descent never fade, new or old it's still Descent, ya noes xD 

seta8967
    FTW Member
    Re: Remember Descent, well meet the 4th Installment Descent Underground!!!! 2015/03/13 15:50:19 (permalink)
    Well I backed it, never played Descent, better be good Gold Leader! Went for the prospector package. I am pretty heavy on fighters in Star Citizen and wanted a change of pace.
    Gold Leader
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: Remember Descent, well meet the 4th Installment Descent Underground!!!! 2015/03/13 19:57:46 (permalink)
    seta8967
    Well I backed it, never played Descent, better be good Gold Leader! Went for the prospector package. I am pretty heavy on fighters in Star Citizen and wanted a change of pace.

Thanks man! I told dem you backed them up and they loved it :)
    you should join the forum we can meet in the chatbox and we can give you a tour of what Descent is xD

seta8967
    FTW Member
    Re: Remember Descent, well meet the 4th Installment Descent Underground!!!! 2015/03/14 21:26:57 (permalink)
    Gold Leader
    seta8967

Thanks man! I told dem you backed them up and they loved it :)
    you should join the forum we can meet in the chatbox and we can give you a tour of what Descent is xD

In good time, I live in Korea, so talking to people in Europe/Americas is difficult lol. I'll join the forum when I can also.
    Gold Leader
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: Remember Descent, well meet the 4th Installment Descent Underground!!!! 2015/03/15 01:15:33 (permalink)
    Oh yer fine man I tend to adapt to the slang being used xDDD
    We had four 8 Player Descent2 games of like 60 to 90 minutes each it was such a blast man!
    We used Team Speak for communication

post edited by Gold Leader - 2015/03/15 01:28:40

ManBearPig
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6130
    • Ribbons : 20
    Re: Remember Descent, well meet the 4th Installment Descent Underground!!!! 2015/03/15 16:14:20 (permalink)
    Always loved the Descent games and already have this game backed.

Funny how most of the games I am excited about coming out are games that I've backed on Kickstarter and not from actual publishers.

Gold Leader
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: Remember Descent, well meet the 4th Installment Descent Underground!!!! 2015/03/15 20:36:17 (permalink)
    ManBearPig
    Always loved the Descent games and already have this game backed.

Funny how most of the games I am excited about coming out are games that I've backed on Kickstarter and not from actual publishers.

Wow many thanks man!

Here their Facebook page btw :)
    https://www.facebook.com/DescendentStudios

All looking fancy hehe I too gonna back em up at the end of the month, I'll see what I can do heh

Gold Leader
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: Remember Descent, well meet the 4th Installment Descent Underground!!!! 2015/03/16 20:50:20 (permalink)
    Great news my EVGA buddies

Just a moment ago I was on this K-TAM Radio interview with the Descent Underground team and the K-TAM Reporter Beck-Altarr

Radio owner himself I too was interviewed as my Descent collection, how I came to it and what I think of the new Descent Underground,
    I am Obi-Wan Kenobi btw so nervous Ow gawd xD
    https://soundcloud.com/kt...he-monday-show-16-3-15
    post edited by Gold Leader - 2015/03/17 02:50:42

Gold Leader
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: Remember Descent, well meet the 4th Installment Descent Underground!!!! 2015/03/19 01:20:01 (permalink)
    Updates!!

As news updates go they can mostly be read here:
    http://descendentstudios.com/news

But I will gladly add them in this post for the extra details on this awesome mind blowing project

As from now we have well over 3500 Backers and surpassed the 210K mark in USD, yet our goal is far from reached, we hope to really reach our goal :)
    I try to keep the ones that worry calm and to remain positive that this project will work out, because it has to, it's our only chance to ever see a new Descent named game ever again, for most it's been 20 to 18 years ago as D1 & D2 go, and this game is just very important to us all.

As the latest news on the game goes here's a sneak peek to the Hangar bay:

And if we do pass our goal of 600K USD and reach 650K USD, all the backers get this Predecessor of the infamous Syssyx Style Pyro-GX Starfighter from Descent: First Strike 1994, which is named:

Torch KS:

Here the crew of eight people from Descendat Studio's that are working on Descent Underground:

Major thanks to them for making this game a possibility, an outcome to all of us Descenters worldwide  :cool:

Page: 1234 > Showing page 1 of 4
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile