CyberpowerPC with EVGA RTX 3080 card Crashing

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Author
atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 12753
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 25
Re: CyberpowerPC with EVGA RTX 3080 card Crashing 2021/03/06 10:00:57 (permalink)
daveoshinsky
There are three PCI-E connectors running to the GPU, and one PCI-E connector running to the corner of the motherboard. I picked one of the 8 pins to measure resistance with an ohmmeter. Resistance is near 0 ohms between the same pin on each pair of PCI-E pins running to the GPU (all 3 GPU PCI-E connectors are in parallel, on the same rail).  I measured resistance between that pin on a GPU PCI-E cable, and the same pin on the motherboard PCI-E cable. Also near 0 ohms. So everything is in parallel (GPU and motherboard), on the same PSU rail. The PSU itself has no visible name brand on it, or other specs on the box. It's screwed into the case, and I have not tried to remove the PSU, which is obviously connected by a number of cables to the various components. Everything is neatly cable tied together, so removing all of these cables and PSU will require a bunch of cable tie cutting.

I will rattle CyberpowerPC's cage next week when I have time, and during business  hours. For now, they haven't responded to my detailed emails to techsupport at cyberpowerpc. I will determine over the next few weeks whether this really is cyber junk or not. I cannot easily tell what kind of PSU they put into this PC. And it's not 100% clear to me whether having all of these PCI-E cables in parallel (same rail, GPU cables, and motherboard cable) is a reliable arrangement. I'm also not encouraged by the fact that they substituted a different motherboard than what I ordered, though it's using the same X570 chipset. According to this, the motherboard I received is not inferior to what I ordered:  copy & paste URL versus.com/en/asus-prime-x570-p-vs-gigabyte-x570-ud

Thank you for posting this.  But can you tell which motherboard you have?
Please check the top of the motherboard by the CPU to your left, you facing the board,  if the 4 and 8 pin connectors from the PSU are connected to the board. I think the board requires more juice.  If not, clearly the PSU is not good to handle the hardware in your machine. The PSU model number you provided, in amazon cost $74, for a 1000w PSU might be a steal, but like another member stated, it may not be 1000w 100% it might be pushing less than advertised.
Real quality 1000w PSUs does not cost that much, they cost more.  If I am not mistaken, you can reach them on facebook or twitter, if you like.

Those who abuse power, are nothing but scumbags! The challenge of power is how to use it and not abuse it. The abuse of power that seems to create the most unhappiness is when a person uses personal power to get ahead without regards to the welfare of others, people are obsessed with it. You can take a nice person and turn them into a slob, into an insane being, craving power, destroying anything that stands in their way.

Affiliate Code: 3T15O1S07G
transdogmifier
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6116
  • Ribbons : 17
Re: CyberpowerPC with EVGA RTX 3080 card Crashing 2021/03/06 11:11:24 (permalink)
daveoshinsky
I guess they substituted ASUS for Gigabyte (same X570 chipset). The BIOS that came with the PC was a version from 08/2020.  I saw crashes under load with both the older BIOS, and the current version 3405. So the latest v3405 didn't make matters worse, but also didn't fix anything.  I've seen a number of web pages devoted to crashes with these cards, e.g. .  I don't know if this kind of hardware issue is what is causing the problems with my system. The driver I'm running is the latest from NVidia (27.21.14.6172 dated 2/23/2021).

C:\Windows>wmic baseboard
Caption     ConfigOptions                                                             CreationClassName  Depth  Description  Height  HostingBoard  HotSwappable  InstallDate  Manufacturer           Model  Name        OtherIdentifyingInfo  PartNumber  PoweredOn  Product       Removable  Replaceable  RequirementsDescription  RequiresDaughterBoard  SerialNumber     SKU  SlotLayout  SpecialRequirements  Status  Tag         Version   Weight  Width
Base Board  {"Default string", "Default string", "Default string", "Default string"}  Win32_BaseBoard           Base Board           TRUE          FALSE                      ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.         Base Board                                    TRUE       PRIME X570-P  FALSE      TRUE                                  FALSE                  200873094000338                                        OK      Base Board  Rev X.0x

C:\Windows>

Atfrico, he did....He has an Asus Prime X570-P

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
Deepcool LT720
Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
Phanteks P500A Case

atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: CyberpowerPC with EVGA RTX 3080 card Crashing 2021/03/06 11:40:45 (permalink)
transdogmifier
daveoshinsky
I guess they substituted ASUS for Gigabyte (same X570 chipset). The BIOS that came with the PC was a version from 08/2020.  I saw crashes under load with both the older BIOS, and the current version 3405. So the latest v3405 didn't make matters worse, but also didn't fix anything.  I've seen a number of web pages devoted to crashes with these cards, e.g. .  I don't know if this kind of hardware issue is what is causing the problems with my system. The driver I'm running is the latest from NVidia (27.21.14.6172 dated 2/23/2021).

C:\Windows>wmic baseboard
Caption     ConfigOptions                                                             CreationClassName  Depth  Description  Height  HostingBoard  HotSwappable  InstallDate  Manufacturer           Model  Name        OtherIdentifyingInfo  PartNumber  PoweredOn  Product       Removable  Replaceable  RequirementsDescription  RequiresDaughterBoard  SerialNumber     SKU  SlotLayout  SpecialRequirements  Status  Tag         Version   Weight  Width
Base Board  {"Default string", "Default string", "Default string", "Default string"}  Win32_BaseBoard           Base Board           TRUE          FALSE                      ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.         Base Board                                    TRUE       PRIME X570-P  FALSE      TRUE                                  FALSE                  200873094000338                                        OK      Base Board  Rev X.0x

C:\Windows>

Atfrico, he did....He has an Asus Prime X570-P

I oversee that...lol. Thank you.  He has a solid board, cant say much about the PSU.
Like Sajin stated, try to boot the PC with 1 memory stick at a time to pinpoint if you have a memory stick defected, although i doubt it.  The problem with no having a reputable made PSU, is that you cannot set everything in auto when it comes to voltage, the board might or just simply the GPU will pull more voltage than advertise.

Those who abuse power, are nothing but scumbags! The challenge of power is how to use it and not abuse it. The abuse of power that seems to create the most unhappiness is when a person uses personal power to get ahead without regards to the welfare of others, people are obsessed with it. You can take a nice person and turn them into a slob, into an insane being, craving power, destroying anything that stands in their way.

Daviddswenson
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 159
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: CyberpowerPC with EVGA RTX 3080 card Crashing 2021/03/06 12:33:58 (permalink)
When I use that model number it pulls up a newegg listing and it says single rail so that may be the culprit. 

EVGA Z590 FTW
1000W G5
EK AIO Elite 360
1TB WD_Black SN750
Lian Li O11 Dynamic

12G-P5-3968-KR 6/3/2021 8:02:05 AM PT No
12G-P5-3967-KR 6/3/2021 7:44:09 AM PT Yes
glenn37216
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 475
  • Ribbons : 9
Re: CyberpowerPC with EVGA RTX 3080 card Crashing 2021/03/06 12:42:54 (permalink)
Could be the psu. That model has known problems with rail fluctuations... May not be efficiently enough for the power draw of the 3080. Ive had to send one back because of problems with a 2070... Same model. New one worked fine but was later replaced with a more reliable evga psu.
atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: CyberpowerPC with EVGA RTX 3080 card Crashing 2021/03/06 16:44:02 (permalink)
Daviddswenson
When I use that model number it pulls up a newegg listing and it says single rail so that may be the culprit. 

Buy a modular PSU worth the money. The one thing you cannot be cheap on your build is the PSU. 

daveoshinsky
  • Total Posts : 23
Re: CyberpowerPC with EVGA RTX 3080 card Crashing 2021/03/06 17:04:15 (permalink)
I posted earlier that measurements with an ohmmeter confirm that the motherboard and GPU PCIe connectors are on the same rail, which agrees with DavidDSwenson's findings on newegg listing.  It's a really cheap 1000 watt PSU - I saw it listed one place (walmart) for close to $90. That may be the culprit. I realized that I've been connecting PC power through a surge suppressor, so I tried a direct power connection to the wall. It still crashes after about 10 minutes Unigine Heaven 4.0 (ultimate quality, tempered glass re-installed so everything heats up faster). It then reboots, and often crashes again right away. I then turn the power off for a while, let it cool, and it seems to repair and reboot successfully.

It could be the PSU, bad GPU, bad CPU, bad memory, bad motherboard, or I'm not sure what else. If it's the PSU, why does it crash again after I reboot?  Unigine Heaven is no longer running after the reboot, but temperatures inside the case remain pretty warm. GPU temperature during the test never exceeds around 80 deg C. CPU temperature never exceeds around 70 deg C. The case near the PSU never feels hot. I realize that the problem could be voltage transients, but that's not been proved, and if that is what is happening, I can't tell it's the PSU without trying a different one.

I can buy a better quality PSU and try it. But that may well not be the problem. And installing it on a brand new CyberpowerPC will require that I remove and re-install all of the neatly tied power cables. The PC sure looks nice, but it doesn't run reliably.
daveoshinsky
Re: CyberpowerPC with EVGA RTX 3080 card Crashing 2021/03/06 17:06:52 (permalink)
P.S. I was seriously considering building the PC myself, but I'm not willing to pay a scalper price for an RTX 3080. CyberpowerPC can obtain those boards without any problem, but with a several weeks delay. By the time I'm done with this, I may end up rebuilding it. Great learning experience, if I don't fry any expensive components along the way.

atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: CyberpowerPC with EVGA RTX 3080 card Crashing 2021/03/06 17:18:56 (permalink)
daveoshinsky
I posted earlier that measurements with an ohmmeter confirm that the motherboard and GPU PCIe connectors are on the same rail, which agrees with DavidDSwenson's findings on newegg listing.  It's a really cheap 1000 watt PSU - I saw it listed one place (walmart) for close to $90. That may be the culprit. I realized that I've been connecting PC power through a surge suppressor, so I tried a direct power connection to the wall. It still crashes after about 10 minutes Unigine Heaven 4.0 (ultimate quality, tempered glass re-installed so everything heats up faster). It then reboots, and often crashes again right away. I then turn the power off for a while, let it cool, and it seems to repair and reboot successfully.

It could be the PSU, bad GPU, bad CPU, bad memory, bad motherboard, or I'm not sure what else. If it's the PSU, why does it crash again after I reboot?  Unigine Heaven is no longer running after the reboot, but temperatures inside the case remain pretty warm. GPU temperature during the test never exceeds around 80 deg C. CPU temperature never exceeds around 70 deg C. The case near the PSU never feels hot. I realize that the problem could be voltage transients, but that's not been proved, and if that is what is happening, I can't tell it's the PSU without trying a different one.

I can buy a better quality PSU and try it. But that may well not be the problem. And installing it on a brand new CyberpowerPC will require that I remove and re-install all of the neatly tied power cables. The PC sure looks nice, but it doesn't run reliably.

Ok if you think the hardware is overheating have a fan point at the inside of your PC, but in reality, and i tell you from experience, is the PSU, when hardware or electronics are not getting clean electricity surge to function, they tend to overheat. 
I had the Thermaltake tough power 1200w PSU for 5 years running my present build, and i noticed the rise of temps inside my PC and the CPU, even though i have a 360 rad loop running the CPU, only. I decided to get the best 1200w PSU at the time and it was the EVGA PSU 1200w Platinum. My CPU nnd PC temps dropped after the PSU swap and i learned that PSU is the one thing that can affect not the temps but the performance of all the parts in your PC.

donta1979
Primarch
  • Total Posts : 15887
  • Ribbons : 72
Re: CyberpowerPC with EVGA RTX 3080 card Crashing 2021/03/06 17:26:55 (permalink)
Welcome to the forums, also going to add this as a CPPC owner now. You first need to register your card with EVGA, the date you received your system in the mail is the date your 30 days starts ticking down as your purchase date. So get your video card registered with EVGA via the website, upload your invoice. open up your tracking of your pc in one window and and open up your invoice from Cyberpower on the other, while both windows are open hit print screen, Got to MS paint paste it and save as. Use that as your Invoice and proof of when you got your computer/EVGA video card. I imagine you have a KR part number so you qualify for warranty extension with EVGA so 5 or 10 years if you purchase it. You also qualify for stepup for the first 90 days. I would also register for the Advanced RMA/EAR with this if the card is broken EVGA will send you a new one first, once you get it you put the broken one in the box the new one came in, make sure its packed good take pictures put on the return shipping label EVGA gave you, and send the broken one back to EVGA ASAP. Makes RMA's a lot easier.

Heatware   

Retired from AAA Game Industry
Jeep Wranglers, English Bulldog Rescue
USAF, USANG, US ARMY Combat Veteran
My Build
Intel Core I9 13900K@6.1ghz, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 ARGB, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 7200mhz CL34 DDR5, ASUS Rog Strix Z790-E, ASUS Rog Strix OC 4090, ASUS ROG Wingwall Graphics Card Holder, Seagate limited Edition Cyberpunk 2077 m.2, 2x Samsung 980 m.2 1TB's, 980 & 990 Pro m.2 2TB's, ASUS ROG Hyperion GR701, ASUS ROG Thor 1200W Platinum II, Cablemod RT-Series Pro ModMesh Sleeved 12VHPWR Carbon, ASUS Rog Swift PG35VQ 35", Acer EI342CKR Pbmiippx 34", ROG Harpe Ace Aim Lab Edition mouse, Rog Claymore II keyboard, TCL home entertainment Sound Bar w/Wireless Sub, Steelseries Johnny Silverhand Headset Microsoft Cyberpunk 2077 Xbox controller
HeavyHemi
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 15665
  • Ribbons : 135
Re: CyberpowerPC with EVGA RTX 3080 card Crashing 2021/03/06 17:47:05 (permalink)
daveoshinsky
I have a new CyberpowerPC ..

I could not find any good reviews on that PSU. The fact that i's input power draw of 8 amps at 115v is less that its claimed rated MAX never mind continuous output... is not a good sign. I'd opine a garbage PSU is a prime suspect.

EVGA X99 FTWK / i7 6850K @ 4.5ghz / RTX 3080Ti FTW Ultra / 32GB Corsair LPX 3600mhz / Samsung 850Pro 256GB / Be Quiet BN516 Straight Power 12-1000w 80 Plus Platinum / Window 10 Pro

mmmsharp
  • Total Posts : 5
Re: CyberpowerPC with EVGA RTX 3080 card Crashing 2021/03/06 18:22:28 (permalink)
Just a thought.

the 3405 bios enables smart access memory resize bar for amd cpus (some folks mentioned this feature already).  when i did my bios update this week and set the resize bar to on in bios my pc would crash when benchmarking or gaming.  i didn't see if anyone asked if you have the setting on or off.    if it is on, try turning it off in the bios.

I dont think nvidia can take advantage of it yet, but i could be wrong.
atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: CyberpowerPC with EVGA RTX 3080 card Crashing 2021/03/06 18:22:29 (permalink)
daveoshinsky
P.S. I was seriously considering building the PC myself, but I'm not willing to pay a scalper price for an RTX 3080. CyberpowerPC can obtain those boards without any problem, but with a several weeks delay. By the time I'm done with this, I may end up rebuilding it. Great learning experience, if I don't fry any expensive components along the way.

I am in the same shoes as you were, and I will pull the trigger on getting a Cyberpower build too, since the scalpers are not going away. Don't feel bad, you are not the only member with PSU issues.  Donta also has a PSU that needs to be replaced from Cyberpower. 

short video to watch to refresh everyone's memory

post edited by atfrico - 2021/03/06 18:52:10

daveoshinsky
Re: CyberpowerPC with EVGA RTX 3080 card Crashing 2021/03/06 19:06:15 (permalink)
I checked the BIOS settings for memory resize bar, and it's OFF (I never turned it ON), so that is not the culprit.

Thanks to donta1979, I registered the card with EVGA. I also submitted a question about this whole thing to the online service center, referring back to this forum thread. I'll update the thread when I find out more, either from CyberpowerPC or EVGA.
donta1979
Primarch
  • Total Posts : 15887
  • Ribbons : 72
Re: CyberpowerPC with EVGA RTX 3080 card Crashing 2021/03/06 23:36:18 (permalink)
daveoshinsky
I checked the BIOS settings for memory resize bar, and it's OFF (I never turned it ON), so that is not the culprit.

Thanks to donta1979, I registered the card with EVGA. I also submitted a question about this whole thing to the online service center, referring back to this forum thread. I'll update the thread when I find out more, either from CyberpowerPC or EVGA.

If it happens to be the card I would only do an RMA with it though EVGA. 

Heatware   

Retired from AAA Game Industry
Jeep Wranglers, English Bulldog Rescue
USAF, USANG, US ARMY Combat Veteran
My Build
Intel Core I9 13900K@6.1ghz, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 ARGB, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 7200mhz CL34 DDR5, ASUS Rog Strix Z790-E, ASUS Rog Strix OC 4090, ASUS ROG Wingwall Graphics Card Holder, Seagate limited Edition Cyberpunk 2077 m.2, 2x Samsung 980 m.2 1TB's, 980 & 990 Pro m.2 2TB's, ASUS ROG Hyperion GR701, ASUS ROG Thor 1200W Platinum II, Cablemod RT-Series Pro ModMesh Sleeved 12VHPWR Carbon, ASUS Rog Swift PG35VQ 35", Acer EI342CKR Pbmiippx 34", ROG Harpe Ace Aim Lab Edition mouse, Rog Claymore II keyboard, TCL home entertainment Sound Bar w/Wireless Sub, Steelseries Johnny Silverhand Headset Microsoft Cyberpunk 2077 Xbox controller
blubbo
  • Total Posts : 14
Re: CyberpowerPC with EVGA RTX 3080 card Crashing 2021/03/07 08:33:11 (permalink)
ddi you check if they removed the plastic wrap from the cpu cooler?
tons, for real tons, of ppl on reddit posted screens of that wit ha cyberpower prebuilt.
Daviddswenson
Superclocked Member
Re: CyberpowerPC with EVGA RTX 3080 card Crashing 2021/03/07 08:43:46 (permalink)
blubbo
ddi you check if they removed the plastic wrap from the cpu cooler?
tons, for real tons, of ppl on reddit posted screens of that wit ha cyberpower prebuilt.

which plastic wrap? Hope you don’t mean the cold plate because that would be pretty sad lol. 

EVGA Z590 FTW
1000W G5
EK AIO Elite 360
1TB WD_Black SN750
Lian Li O11 Dynamic

daveoshinsky
Re: CyberpowerPC with EVGA RTX 3080 card Crashing 2021/03/07 09:03:58 (permalink)
There's no plastic wrap on the cpu cooler, and nothing else looks suspicious inside the case. The build looks quite professional to me, neater probably than I'd do it myself.

I heard back once from EVGA support. One of the suggestions was to try the GPU card in another system, but I don't have another system that can handle this GPU. He also provided info on how to test a PSU. Search for "How can I check my power supply's 12v rail voltage" on evga fan (I can't include the URL in these posts). I attached a digital multimeter to a cable near the back of the motherboard to measure the 12V rail voltages under heavy load (Unigine Heaven 4.0). At rest, it was 12.02V. The lowest I saw under load was 11.94V. It mostly fluctuated very slightly between 11.95V and 11.98V while running the benchmark. The PSU is fine, I think. While it's a cheap 1000W single rail design, the voltage appears rock solid under load. I've always thought that PSU's are important, but they've become more or less a commodity item. I don't buy gold-plated Monster Cables for audio applications, for the same reason as I'm usually OK with using a very ordinary PSU. The voltage measurements seem to agree with that, but I agree such a PSU may be more likely to fail than a fancier one. The single rail design by itself isn't an issue normally (??), but a multiple rail design could isolate the motherboard voltages from transients introduced by the GPU (which could actually reflect a hardware problem with the GPU). I just don't know whether insisting on multiple rails is analogous to insisting on expensive Monster Cable for your stereo.

What I have tried is to switch graphics cards in this CyberpowerPC system to a Sapphire Radeon RX 580 I yanked from an old Mac Pro. The Unigine Heaven 4.0 runs at a much slower frame rate, but the system has stayed up for 1 hour. The CPU temp with this $195 late 2019 graphics card is around 52 deg C, while the GPU is running around 70 deg C. It appears stable, which I can't say for the RTX 3080 GPU.

So thanks for all the great info. I'm thinking that an RMA for the EVGA RTX 3080 GPU is the next step, but will wait to hear back again from evga support. I've seen so many concerning articles that make it sound like these RTX 30 series card have various hardware issues, including "bad capacitors" in some early boards. I hope it wasn't a mistake to choose a bleeding edge NVidia card. I'm hoping to experiment with some deep learning and GPCPU (CUDA or OpenCL). I'm really not a gamer, but the gaming-related benchmarks like Unigine Heaven 4.0 are quite cool to watch. It certainly does turn a PC into a toaster oven   ;-)

daveoshinsky
Re: CyberpowerPC with EVGA RTX 3080 card Crashing 2021/03/07 09:17:04 (permalink)
BTW I recall removing a layer of clear plastic from the liquid cooler plate, along with packing material from inside the case. I can imagine that some people would miss those things, and end up with burning plastic. The Quick Start instructions from CyberpowerPC mention removing the packing material from inside the case, but nothing about the circular clear plastic wrap over the liquid CPU cooling plate.
post edited by daveoshinsky - 2021/03/07 09:20:36
Daviddswenson
Superclocked Member
Re: CyberpowerPC with EVGA RTX 3080 card Crashing 2021/03/07 09:23:46 (permalink)
You should probably tell people you’re a gamer if you have a 3080, gamers run are out for blood for anyone buying up cards not for gaming lol. 

EVGA Z590 FTW
1000W G5
EK AIO Elite 360
1TB WD_Black SN750
Lian Li O11 Dynamic

daveoshinsky
Re: CyberpowerPC with EVGA RTX 3080 card Crashing 2021/03/07 09:27:11 (permalink)
The scalping situation with these cards is really insane. I guess that gamers are the main victims, but they're not the only ones who would like to try out this kind of SOTA hardware.
Daviddswenson
Superclocked Member
Re: CyberpowerPC with EVGA RTX 3080 card Crashing 2021/03/07 09:27:17 (permalink)
Other thought that came to mind, its really hard to tell from the pic, but it looks like the card has really low clearance from the case (psu shroud probably). Have you run these tests case panels open, I doubt you can remove the psu shroud but I’m wondering if it’s being starved for airflow. 

EVGA Z590 FTW
1000W G5
EK AIO Elite 360
1TB WD_Black SN750
Lian Li O11 Dynamic

daveoshinsky
Re: CyberpowerPC with EVGA RTX 3080 card Crashing 2021/03/07 09:35:40 (permalink)
I have run the tests with the tempered glass removed. It ran for significantly longer (over 30 min) before crashing, but it still crashed. I also removed the back meta panel alone to measure the PSU voltage. That also appeared to run longer without crashing, but I didn't run that test until it crashed. Less ventilation clearly makes the situation worse, but more ventilation doesn't get rid of the crashes. I also observed that after crash and reboot, I often had to wait a while for everything to cool off before the system would stay up & running.

I did log the GPU temperatures up to crash using GPU-Z (also sent that to evga support), with the case closed, and I don't see any excessive GPU temperatures logged. The last line is right before a crash.

Date , GPU Clock [MHz] , Memory Clock [MHz] , GPU Temperature [°C] , Hot Spot [°C] , Memory Temperature [°C] , Fan 1 Speed (%) [%] , Fan 1 Speed (RPM) [RPM] , Fan 2 Speed (%) [%] , Fan 2 Speed (RPM) [RPM] , Memory Used [MB] , GPU Load [%] , Memory Controller Load [%] , Video Engine Load [%] , Bus Interface Load [%] , Board Power Draw [W] , GPU Chip Power Draw [W] , MVDDC Power Draw [W] , PWR_SRC Power Draw [W] , PWR_SRC Voltage [V] , PCIe Slot Power [W] , PCIe Slot Voltage [V] , 8-Pin #1 Power [W] , 8-Pin #1 Voltage [V] , 8-Pin #2 Power [W] , 8-Pin #2 Voltage [V] , 8-Pin #3 Power [W] , 8-Pin #3 Voltage [V] , Power Consumption (%) [% TDP] , PerfCap Reason [] , GPU Voltage [V] , EVGA iCX GPU2 [°C] , EVGA iCX MEM1 [°C] , EVGA iCX MEM2 [°C] , EVGA iCX MEM3 [°C] , EVGA iCX PWR1 [°C] , EVGA iCX PWR2 [°C] , EVGA iCX PWR3 [°C] , EVGA iCX PWR4 [°C] , EVGA iCX PWR5 [°C] , EVGA iCX Right Fan [RPM] , CPU Temperature [°C] , System Memory Used [MB] ,
2021-03-06 22:16:14 , 210.0 , 50.6 , 33.5 , 43.5 , 40.0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 862 , 27 , 24 , 0 , 0 , 23.5 , 7.3 , 6.1 , 9.7 , 12.1 , 2.0 , 12.0 , 11.8 , 12.1 , 7.4 , 12.1 , 2.4 , 12.1 , 6.2 , 16 , 0.7370 , 36 , 34 , 34 , 35 , 34 , 35 , 37 , 36 , 35 , 0 , 55.4 , 5161 ,
2021-03-06 22:16:15 , 210.0 , 50.6 , 33.4 , 43.4 , 40.0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 862 , 0 , 37 , 0 , 0 , 23.9 , 7.4 , 6.3 , 9.9 , 12.1 , 1.9 , 12.0 , 12.0 , 12.1 , 7.6 , 12.1 , 2.3 , 12.1 , 6.3 , 16 , 0.7370 , 36 , 34 , 34 , 35 , 34 , 35 , 37 , 36 , 35 , 0 , 55.3 , 5167 ,
2021-03-06 22:16:16 , 210.0 , 50.6 , 33.4 , 43.4 , 40.0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 862 , 1 , 28 , 0 , 0 , 24.0 , 7.4 , 6.5 , 10.1 , 12.1 , 2.0 , 12.0 , 12.0 , 12.1 , 7.7 , 12.1 , 2.4 , 12.1 , 6.3 , 16 , 0.7370 , 36 , 34 , 34 , 35 , 34 , 35 , 37 , 37 , 35 , 0 , 55.3 , 5161 ,
2021-03-06 22:27:40 , 1875.0 , 1212.7 , 72.7 , 84.3 , 82.0 , 96 , 2817 , 96 , 2819 , 2007 , 98 , 30 , 0 , 1 , 378.4 , 230.3 , 51.2 , 74.7 , 12.2 , 43.9 , 11.6 , 125.1 , 11.9 , 138.4 , 11.7 , 71.0 , 11.8 , 99.6 , 1 , 1.0250 , 70 , 67 , 65 , 68 , 62 , 66 , 73 , 69 , 63 , 2755 , 66.6 , 5582 ,
2021-03-06 22:27:41 , 1920.0 , 1212.7 , 71.9 , 82.8 , 82.0 , 96 , 2824 , 96 , 2819 , 2007 , 98 , 30 , 0 , 1 , 363.1 , 216.8 , 51.6 , 73.6 , 12.1 , 41.6 , 11.6 , 120.5 , 11.9 , 133.6 , 11.7 , 67.3 , 11.8 , 95.5 , 16 , 1.0810 , 70 , 67 , 65 , 68 , 62 , 66 , 73 , 69 , 64 , 2769 , 66.8 , 5584 ,
2021-03-06 22:27:42 , 1920.0 , 1212.7 , 72.5 , 84.1 , 82.0 , 96 , 2810 , 96 , 2819 , 2007 , 98 , 30 , 0 , 1 , 352.1 , 209.1 , 51.3 , 72.8 , 12.1 , 40.3 , 11.6 , 117.2 , 11.9 , 129.7 , 11.7 , 64.9 , 11.8 , 92.6 , 1 , 1.0250 , 70 , 67 , 65 , 68 , 62 , 66 , 73 , 69 , 64 , 2767 , 66.6 , 5580 ,
2021-03-06 22:27:43 , 1905.0 , 1212.7 , 72.0 , 83.2 , 82.0 , 96 , 2817 , 96 , 2827 , 2042 , 98 , 30 , 0 , 1 , 363.8 , 222.1 , 50.0 , 72.5 , 12.2 , 42.0 , 11.6 , 120.0 , 11.9 , 132.9 , 11.7 , 68.8 , 11.8 , 95.7 , 16 , 1.0810 , 70 , 68 , 65 , 68 , 62 , 66 , 73 , 69 , 64 , 2764 , 67.3 , 5585 ,
2021-03-06 22:27:44 , 1890.0 , 1212.7 , 71.8 , 82.9 , 82.0 , 96 , 2824 , 96 , 2819 , 2044 , 98 , 28 , 0 , 0 , 359.3 , 209.8 , 51.3 , 72.5 , 12.1 , 41.3 , 11.6 , 120.6 , 11.9 , 132.5 , 11.7 , 66.1 , 11.8 , 95.3 , 1 , 1.0500 , 70 , 68 , 65 , 68 , 62 , 66 , 73 , 69 , 64 , 2767 , 67.0 , 5585 ,
2021-03-06 22:27:45 , 1920.0 , 1212.7 , 72.4 , 84.1 , 82.0 , 96 , 2824 , 96 , 2819 , 2044 , 98 , 28 , 0 , 0 , 362.7 , 210.8 , 51.5 , 73.0 , 12.1 , 41.9 , 11.6 , 122.1 , 11.9 , 133.3 , 11.7 , 65.5 , 11.8 , 95.5 , 1 , 1.0250 , 70 , 67 , 65 , 68 , 62 , 66 , 73 , 69 , 64 , 2776 , 66.5 , 5583 ,
2021-03-06 22:27:46 , 1920.0 , 1212.7 , 72.0 , 82.5 , 82.0 , 96 , 2817 , 96 , 2819 , 2048 , 98 , 30 , 0 , 0 , 356.8 , 204.7 , 52.5 , 73.3 , 12.1 , 41.0 , 11.6 , 120.3 , 11.9 , 131.7 , 11.7 , 63.8 , 11.8 , 93.9 , 16 , 1.0810 , 70 , 67 , 65 , 68 , 62 , 66 , 73 , 69 , 64 , 2769 , 66.4 , 5587 ,
2021-03-06 22:27:47 , 1890.0 , 1212.7 , 72.1 , 83.1 , 82.0 , 96 , 2817 , 96 , 2812 , 1997 , 97 , 31 , 0 , 0 , 375.6 , 214.8 , 54.2 , 75.9 , 12.2 , 43.4 , 11.6 , 127.2 , 11.9 , 138.7 , 11.7 , 66.3 , 11.8 , 98.8 , 1 , 1.0250 , 70 , 67 , 65 , 69 , 62 , 66 , 73 , 69 , 64 , 2770 , 65.8 , 5583 ,
2021-03-06 22:27:48 , 1920.0 , 1212.7 , 72.1 , 83.5 , 82.0 , 96 , 2823 , 96 , 2819 , 1997 , 99 , 35 , 0 , 0 , 363.6 , 203.3 , 55.5 , 76.3 , 12.1 , 41.8 , 11.6 , 123.5 , 11.9 , 135.0 , 11.7 , 63.4 , 11.8 , 95.7 , 16 , 1.0810 , 70 , 67 , 65 , 69 , 62 , 66 , 73 , 69 , 64 , 2772 , 65.3 , 5586 ,
2021-03-06 22:27:49 , 1905.0 , 1212.7 , 72.2 , 83.2 , 82.0 , 96 , 2824 , 96 , 2819 , 1965 , 99 , 37 , 0 , 0 , 367.8 , 210.8 , 54.9 , 76.4 , 12.1 , 42.4 , 11.6 , 123.8 , 11.9 , 136.1 , 11.7 , 65.4 , 11.8 , 96.8 , 1 , 1.0500 , 70 , 67 , 65 , 69 , 62 , 66 , 73 , 69 , 63 , 2778 , 65.0 , 5587 ,
2021-03-06 22:27:50 , 1920.0 , 1212.7 , 71.7 , 82.1 , 82.0 , 96 , 2823 , 96 , 2827 , 1997 , 98 , 38 , 0 , 0 , 371.3 , 208.4 , 56.7 , 77.9 , 12.1 , 42.7 , 11.6 , 125.9 , 11.9 , 138.0 , 11.7 , 64.7 , 11.8 , 97.7 , 16 , 1.0810 , 70 , 67 , 65 , 69 , 62 , 66 , 73 , 69 , 63 , 2773 , 64.8 , 5588 ,
2021-03-06 22:27:51 , 1920.0 , 1212.7 , 72.1 , 82.9 , 82.0 , 96 , 2817 , 96 , 2819 , 1997 , 98 , 37 , 0 , 0 , 364.1 , 205.0 , 55.7 , 76.6 , 12.1 , 41.8 , 11.6 , 123.4 , 11.9 , 135.3 , 11.7 , 63.6 , 11.8 , 95.8 , 16 , 1.0810 , 70 , 68 , 65 , 69 , 62 , 66 , 73 , 69 , 63 , 2768 , 64.4 , 5584 ,
2021-03-06 22:27:52 , 1905.0 , 1212.7 , 72.0 , 82.8 , 84.0 , 96 , 2817 , 96 , 2819 , 1998 , 98 , 38 , 0 , 0 , 359.2 , 201.0 , 57.0 , 77.5 , 12.1 , 40.9 , 11.6 , 121.4 , 11.9 , 133.9 , 11.7 , 62.9 , 11.8 , 94.5 , 16 , 1.0810 , 70 , 68 , 65 , 69 , 62 , 66 , 73 , 69 , 63 , 2759 , 64.4 , 5584 ,
2021-03-06 22:27:53 , 1920.0 , 1212.7 , 72.3 , 83.5 , 82.0 , 96 , 2817 , 96 , 2812 , 1998 , 98 , 38 , 0 , 0 , 376.0 , 212.1 , 56.4 , 78.2 , 12.2 , 43.4 , 11.6 , 120.4 , 11.9 , 132.4 , 11.7 , 63.8 , 11.8 , 94.1 , 16 , 1.0810 , 70 , 68 , 65 , 69 , 62 , 66 , 73 , 69 , 64 , 2765 , 64.1 , 5581 ,
2021-03-06 22:27:54 , 1920.0 , 1212.7 , 72.3 , 83.3 , 82.0 , 96 , 2830 , 96 , 2819 , 1963 , 97 , 35 , 0 , 0 , 365.5 , 210.3 , 54.7 , 76.1 , 12.1 , 41.9 , 11.6 , 123.0 , 11.9 , 135.5 , 11.7 , 65.2 , 11.8 , 96.2 , 16 , 1.0810 , 70 , 68 , 65 , 69 , 62 , 66 , 73 , 69 , 64 , 2757 , 63.9 , 5581 ,
2021-03-06 22:27:55 , 1920.0 , 1212.7 , 72.4 , 83.8 , 84.0 , 96 , 2810 , 96 , 2819 , 2045 , 96 , 31 , 0 , 1 , 357.4 , 208.4 , 53.2 , 74.5 , 12.1 , 40.9 , 11.6 , 119.5 , 11.9 , 132.0 , 11.7 , 64.9 , 11.8 , 94.1 , 16 , 1.0810 , 70 , 68 , 65 , 69 , 62 , 67 , 73 , 69 , 64 , 2741 , 64.1 , 5586 ,
2021-03-06 22:27:56 , 1920.0 , 1212.7 , 72.7 , 84.4 , 82.0 , 96 , 2817 , 96 , 2819 , 2045 , 98 , 30 , 0 , 0 , 356.3 , 212.2 , 51.3 , 73.0 , 12.1 , 40.9 , 11.6 , 118.7 , 11.9 , 130.9 , 11.7 , 65.8 , 11.8 , 93.8 , 16 , 1.0810 , 70 , 67 , 65 , 68 , 62 , 66 , 73 , 69 , 64 , 2742 , 64.0 , 5584 ,

Daviddswenson
Superclocked Member
Re: CyberpowerPC with EVGA RTX 3080 card Crashing 2021/03/07 09:37:01 (permalink)
Also in case you raise an eyebrow about that, I know your gpu temp is ok before it crashes but there may be something else in the gpu getting too hot which doesn’t have a temp readout for you. When people do nitrogen cooling they can run into that problem. 

EVGA Z590 FTW
1000W G5
EK AIO Elite 360
1TB WD_Black SN750
Lian Li O11 Dynamic

atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: CyberpowerPC with EVGA RTX 3080 card Crashing 2021/03/07 09:49:40 (permalink)
Check the bios and set/run the fans at 80%. The fan GPU profile is set up at certain temps when it reaches to a certain temp, it shuts down. Probably the techs at cyberpower set it up for you.
Do you have precision installed?

daveoshinsky
Re: CyberpowerPC with EVGA RTX 3080 card Crashing 2021/03/07 09:55:39 (permalink)
Agreed about the unobserved temps. What you don't know CAN hurt you. Unless of course you're of the opinion that COVID-19 is just a gussied up influenza. (That last part was a joke, but might not be to some ;-)

This installation of the RTX 3080 is pretty plain vanilla, most likely. For example, I'm not trying to run multiple GPU's in one rig.  So I have to say at some point that:  if the GPU card isn't up to running in this system (while another GPU card is running fine), then it's a flaw in the GPU card that is at fault.
daveoshinsky
Re: CyberpowerPC with EVGA RTX 3080 card Crashing 2021/03/07 10:53:48 (permalink)
No precision installed, whatever that is. BIOS fan settings are set at all defaults, except I had to set it to ignore CPU fan. There is no CPU fan - liquid cooling in place of it. The case fans are always running, and this setup at low load is significantly noisier than my vintage 2014 HP PC with Intel i7 and Intel HD graphics. That system is way quieter, way less powerful, and so far way more reliable. I believe the reliability problems with this system are the fault of the GPU card. The other system I have sitting here, a mid 2010 Mac Pro, was also noisy at rest. It has now donated its Radeon RTX 580 graphics card to this system, until I have a reliable RTX 3080 card.
post edited by daveoshinsky - 2021/03/07 10:56:01
atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: CyberpowerPC with EVGA RTX 3080 card Crashing 2021/03/07 11:34:41 (permalink)
Lol on the influenza.  oh i know about that and more.

Well if you are going to RMA your GPU, I would suggest to ask  the Tech Dept. if they can install the hybrid kit for you, and you pay for the kit and the fee to do it, You like silent PCs? The hybrid kit will do that for ya. I own a GPU with the Hybrid kit and man it makes a difference on temps and noise...lol, i know is another extra $$ spend but it is worth it.  
If you think is the GPU, i would not hesitate to RMA it, you already test it another GPU in the same machine and is running well, so the problem is found.

Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 31005
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: CyberpowerPC with EVGA RTX 3080 card Crashing 2021/03/07 11:46:49 (permalink)
Another possibility - some PSUs have had false triggering of their over current protection (OCP) & shutdown the PC unexpectedly

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

daveoshinsky
Re: CyberpowerPC with EVGA RTX 3080 card Crashing 2021/03/07 12:01:39 (permalink)
Regarding the hybrid cooling kit, that is an interesting idea. It looks a bit tricky to install yourself on the GPU card, but I have the tools to do it. Those 2 fans would replace the 2 exhaust fans at the top of the case, which is obviously something I would have to modify (whether evga would install the heatsink portion of the kit on the new GPU card or not).

I've already pretty much eliminated the PSU as the culprit. An OCP trigger would not manifest itself in this kind of crash, in any case.
Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile