EVGA

Change 3080 FTW3 Ultra thermal paste and pads

Author
Nghtmare
  • Total Posts : 26
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/04/18 16:45:13 (permalink)
Does anyone know if changing these in the UK voids the warranty? I read it doesnt in the US but not sure here. I dont want to touch anything if it will.

1 Reply Related Threads

jaberwok
    • Total Posts : 1
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Change 3080 FTW3 Ultra thermal paste and pads 2021/04/19 16:52:33 (permalink)
    "Likewise, EVGA understands that enthusiasts are not always satisfied with the provided stock cooling options. Replacing heatsinks, fans, or thermal grease will NOT VOID your warranty. Want to install a waterblock on your new motherboard or graphics card? No problem. Planning on a long benching session with a DICE/LN2 pot? Good luck on the benching, but your warranty will still be intact after you’ve set new world records.
    Of course, there are some limitations to our warranties. If an EVGA motherboard or graphics card sustains physical (i.e. damage to the PCB or component due to slippage with a hand tool) or liquid damage, the warranty is void. Similarly, permanent changes to components or the PCB will void your warranty, including the removal of pre-attached components soldered to the board, or the addition of components that are not removable without heat or solvents. In other words, you may use Precision X1TM to raise the voltage on your graphics card while overclocking, but you may not solder on another power connector as an alternative."

This is from the FAQ Help Center (sorry, I don't know how to include a link to it.)

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile