EVGA

Can't get pc to post after switching cases (EVGA Z370 Classified K)

Author
ebaaa
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2024/10/14 00:10:14 (permalink)
Swapped cases for a friend's PC and it is now not posting. I've tried all the troubleshooting steps I could do and scoured the internet for a solution but none has worked. 

It turns on, but doesn't post. While swapping cases I repasted the cpu/cooler (didn't remove cpu). I am getting the code "4C" on the debug screen tho. According to the instruction manual, this is a CPU issue. But all I did was change the paste, I didn't even remove the cpu,  so it can't be bent pins (right?...).
The LED error lights for the memory and the pE4 and PE2 (This is the PCIE slot that the GPU is in) slots are also on. And interesting enough, even tho the debug code is 4C, the CPU debug light isn't on.
I also did test the GPU, PSU, and RAM on a test rig and the test rig was able to boot up with no problem. The only component that I'm not able to test is the CPU since my test rig is an AM4 board. 
The PC did work about a month ago, but was not touched until I swapped it into a different case.

Things I've tried:
Changing from BIOS1 to BIOS2
Booting with only 1 ram stick, and in different slots. Also tried different sticks of ram
Tried a different PSU
Resat all cables and GPU
Double checked for any breaks in the wiring and made sure everything was properly seated
Removed CMOS battery for 10 minutes

Specs:
Board: EVGA Z370 Classified K
CPU: i5-8600K
GPU: ASUS ROG 1070TI
RAM: Corsair Vengence Pro RGB 2x8
PSU: EVGA Supernova G3 Supernova 750W 
Storage: Samsung 980 m.2

Any help is appreciated. About to just buy a new board lol. If that doesn't work, then new CPU as well. Thank you!

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile