EVGA

BIOS Updates for Z690 DARK K|NGP|N (2.05) / CLASSIFIED (2.05) [Ring control/vcore voltage]

Page: < 12345 > Showing page 4 of 5
Author
TheAffxct
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 109
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: BIOS Updates for Z690 DARK K|NGP|N (2.05) / CLASSIFIED (2.05) [Ring control/vcore volt 2022/12/18 02:53:14 (permalink)
Thewebsiteisdown
Mr. Fox
TheAffxct
I just wanted to ask if anyone on here has managed to stabilise 7800-8200. I mean like TM5 ABSOLUT, Karhu 10K+, or HCI 600%+ and with some or other IMC test and verification of reboot stability. I don’t ask this as a taunt or challenge, I actually need to gauge what this board can do.

I’m not far from grabbing a new chip; I’m just waiting for a used 13900K to pop up and I suspect it’ll happen when the KS drops in a few weeks. I’m contemplating selling the Dark to a friend if it has a hard limit that defeats its use case for me.

I know that 8000+ GB3 runs have been done, but I specifically mean for daily reboot stability. I really just need to know if anyone out there can confirm this. I don’t need any sort of IMC voltages, ODTs or anything other than just your word, or a basic screenshot of a reasonable amount of testing with the speed and timings, and verification of reboot stability and daily usability so I can get an idea of how much is left in the tank on this thing.

TIA if anyone out there would be willing to reply to me on this.

I don't have memory modules that are of good enough quality to run those clock speeds with respectably tight timings with 100% stability, and certainly not of adequate quality for anything like TM5 Absolut. I'm not sure how many people do, but I doubt there are many. I am finding a lot of inconsistency in silicon quality with DDR5 and more expensive doesn't always equate to better. I have purchased and returned about 8 retail DDR5 kits in the past 6 months, most of which were rubbish, and none of them have been as stable as my four generic naked green SK Hynix DDR5 16GB M-die modules with no XMP profiles. I have had a couple of retail kits that could boot and run benchmarks at 8000, but as soon as I start to tighten up loose timingsand bump up the voltage to correct the sloppy write, copy and latency performance they tend to crap out in stability tests. Even an extraordinarily good silicon sample is going to throw errors with the lousy factory thermal solutions they ship with. The garbage they call heatsinks actually cause them to run hotter than naked sticks with a fan blowing on them, and unless you can keep them below 45°C (I have mine on water) you are going to see errors in TM5 and MemTest Pro.

I just purchased 7800 g skills at the micro center by me and a new 13900k cpu " third one " and same result for me here. Max stable is 7400mhz. Same as the last three memory kits and cpus. Can I have a good motherboard please evga? I have so much potential in hardware and unfortunately it would seem the motherboard is holding me back at this point. I just got unlucky and got a lower bin one apparently. It's still better than my z690 Apex that I had by 200Mhz in 1t and probably 400Mhz in 2t.

This CPU is the best one I've had yet VID wise. Obviously, the memory is good for $400 it better be lol.

EVGA hear me out. I've been doing overlocking since I was fifteen and have access to liquid nitrogen like no other for free lol. I broke records last night with h20 at 5.7Ghz " as far as 5.7Ghz speeds go on water " on hwbot with this below average kingpin motherboard. Throw ME A BONE PLEASE.

I definitely feel that one. Yeah third CPU with good core silicon suggests a strong MC SP given how RPL IMC scaling works. Third kit and this time the second best bin they sell. Yeah it’s no coincidence that my max stable data rate is 7400 as well then. I actually bumped into a dude in my YT comments who needed help tightening subs, but who has managed 7800 with his 7600 XMP kit on a Z790 Aorus Elite AX. I believe it’s a TG kit. On a freakin’ 6-layer board no less.
post edited by TheAffxct - 2022/12/18 03:32:43
Ekwb1103
  • Total Posts : 61
Re: BIOS Updates for Z690 DARK K|NGP|N (2.05) / CLASSIFIED (2.05) [Ring control/vcore volt 2022/12/18 05:06:06 (permalink)
cateno
hello

I buy finally  Z690 classified for EU , thx for this upgrade bios

Hi! which build you want to do? 13gen? mdie? :D i need to know how classified OC dram here, becouse i have problems

also i think on classified vcore voltage issue still left
post edited by Ekwb1103 - 2022/12/18 05:11:00

PC - 13700KF | Z690 Classified | 32gb DDR5 | 4080 Gaming OC | Lian Li Dynamic EVO | Lian Li Galahad 360 Uni | Deepcool PQ1000M | 10 UNI FAN SL
Devices - Gigabyte M27Q X | Razer Viper Ultimate | Razer Blackvidow V3 pro | Sennheiser RS175
Thewebsiteisdown
  • Total Posts : 16
Re: BIOS Updates for Z690 DARK K|NGP|N (2.05) / CLASSIFIED (2.05) [Ring control/vcore volt 2022/12/18 07:23:35 (permalink)
TheAffxct
I definitely feel that one. Yeah third CPU with good core silicon suggests a strong MC SP given how RPL IMC scaling works. Third kit and this time the second best bin they sell. Yeah it’s no coincidence that my max stable data rate is 7400 as well then. I actually bumped into a dude in my YT comments who needed help tightening subs, but who has managed 7800 with his 7600 XMP kit on a Z790 Aorus Elite AX. I believe it’s a TG kit. On a freakin’ 6-layer board no less.

Yeah this sucks. Love this board but, I'm stuck.
Mr. Fox
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 252
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: BIOS Updates for Z690 DARK K|NGP|N (2.05) / CLASSIFIED (2.05) [Ring control/vcore volt 2022/12/18 07:40:49 (permalink)
TheAffxct
Thewebsiteisdown
Mr. Fox
TheAffxct
I just wanted to ask if anyone on here has managed to stabilise 7800-8200. I mean like TM5 ABSOLUT, Karhu 10K+, or HCI 600%+ and with some or other IMC test and verification of reboot stability. I don’t ask this as a taunt or challenge, I actually need to gauge what this board can do.

I’m not far from grabbing a new chip; I’m just waiting for a used 13900K to pop up and I suspect it’ll happen when the KS drops in a few weeks. I’m contemplating selling the Dark to a friend if it has a hard limit that defeats its use case for me.

I know that 8000+ GB3 runs have been done, but I specifically mean for daily reboot stability. I really just need to know if anyone out there can confirm this. I don’t need any sort of IMC voltages, ODTs or anything other than just your word, or a basic screenshot of a reasonable amount of testing with the speed and timings, and verification of reboot stability and daily usability so I can get an idea of how much is left in the tank on this thing.

I don't have memory modules that are of good enough quality to run those clock speeds with respectably tight timings with 100% stability, and certainly not of adequate quality for anything like TM5 Absolut. I'm not sure how many people do, but I doubt there are many. I am finding a lot of inconsistency in silicon quality with DDR5 and more expensive doesn't always equate to better. I have purchased and returned about 8 retail DDR5 kits in the past 6 months, most of which were rubbish, and none of them have been as stable as my four generic naked green SK Hynix DDR5 16GB M-die modules with no XMP profiles. I have had a couple of retail kits that could boot and run benchmarks at 8000, but as soon as I start to tighten up loose timingsand bump up the voltage to correct the sloppy write, copy and latency performance they tend to crap out in stability tests. Even an extraordinarily good silicon sample is going to throw errors with the lousy factory thermal solutions they ship with. The garbage they call heatsinks actually cause them to run hotter than naked sticks with a fan blowing on them, and unless you can keep them below 45°C (I have mine on water) you are going to see errors in TM5 and MemTest Pro.

I just purchased 7800 g skills at the micro center by me and a new 13900k cpu " third one " and same result for me here. Max stable is 7400mhz. Same as the last three memory kits and cpus. Can I have a good motherboard please evga? I have so much potential in hardware and unfortunately it would seem the motherboard is holding me back at this point. I just got unlucky and got a lower bin one apparently. It's still better than my z690 Apex that I had by 200Mhz in 1t and probably 400Mhz in 2t.

This CPU is the best one I've had yet VID wise. Obviously, the memory is good for $400 it better be lol.

EVGA hear me out. I've been doing overlocking since I was fifteen and have access to liquid nitrogen like no other for free lol. I broke records last night with h20 at 5.7Ghz " as far as 5.7Ghz speeds go on water " on hwbot with this below average kingpin motherboard. Throw ME A BONE PLEASE.

I believe there are some chintzy A-die kits out there selling for top dollar. Unfortunately, this is the world we live in now... pay premium prices for mediocre rubbish. Dead giveaway on crappy A-die is the JEDEC clock being 4800 instead of 5600. The Team Group Delta is 5600. The G.SKILL trash I returned and the Corsair Vengeance rubbish I returned were 4800, not 5600. My generic M-die modules that were system pulls that I paid $80 each for (not even a matched kit) overclock better (better timings, faster speeds and lower latency) than the G.SKILL and Corsair A-die.

Proper A-die has JEDEC values like this generic SK Hynix example. Notice the tag on the module... 5600, not 4800. Modules like these are what Splave is selling in HWBOT marketplace. Side benefit of modules like these is no RGB garbage and they run cooler naked with a fan blowing on them than the expensive retail kits with fake heatsinks that look nice. They are beautifying heating blankets, not legit heatsinks. You're better off with nothing if you don't want to cook your memory.

post edited by Mr. Fox - 2022/12/18 07:50:08

Wraith // EVGA Z690 Dark K|NGP|N | 13900K | MSI 4090 Suprim X | 32GB DDR5 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 P2 | HC-500A Chiller | MO-RA3 360 D5*3 || EVGA DG-86
Banshee // ASUS Z690 Apex | 13900KF | ASROCK 6900 XT OC Formula | 32GB DDR5 | Corsair RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova D5*2 || Corsair 5000D Airflow
Half-Breed // Precision 17 7720 | 7920HQ (BGA filth) | Quadro P5000 16GB (MXM) | 32GB DDR4 || Grade A Off-Lease Refurb

cornerjack
  • Total Posts : 76
  • Ribbons : 5
Re: BIOS Updates for Z690 DARK K|NGP|N (2.05) / CLASSIFIED (2.05) [Ring control/vcore volt 2022/12/19 00:33:01 (permalink)
Best BIOS, very good job !

mildvswild
  • Total Posts : 4
Re: BIOS Updates for Z690 DARK K|NGP|N (2.05) / CLASSIFIED (2.05) [Ring control/vcore volt 2022/12/19 03:13:29 (permalink)
cornerjack
Best BIOS, very good job !

Awesome!
can you share voltage setup for me?? XD
TheAffxct
Superclocked Member
Re: BIOS Updates for Z690 DARK K|NGP|N (2.05) / CLASSIFIED (2.05) [Ring control/vcore volt 2022/12/19 03:45:33 (permalink)
Mr. Fox
TheAffxct
Thewebsiteisdown
Mr. Fox
TheAffxct

I believe there are some chintzy A-die kits out there selling for top dollar. Unfortunately, this is the world we live in now... pay premium prices for mediocre rubbish. Dead giveaway on crappy A-die is the JEDEC clock being 4800 instead of 5600. The Team Group Delta is 5600. The G.SKILL trash I returned and the Corsair Vengeance rubbish I returned were 4800, not 5600. My generic M-die modules that were system pulls that I paid $80 each for (not even a matched kit) overclock better (better timings, faster speeds and lower latency) than the G.SKILL and Corsair A-die.

Proper A-die has JEDEC values like this generic SK Hynix example. Notice the tag on the module... 5600, not 4800. Modules like these are what Splave is selling in HWBOT marketplace. Side benefit of modules like these is no RGB garbage and they run cooler naked with a fan blowing on them than the expensive retail kits with fake heatsinks that look nice. They are beautifying heating blankets, not legit heatsinks. You're better off with nothing if you don't want to cook your memory.

I grabbed the 6400C32 820A kit because they were relatively well priced where I live. Unfortunately stuff like the green A-die is pretty much inaccessible for me. I’m not sure if this matters though. I came across a guy on OCN who got 8200C34 out of my exact kit with a decent 13700K on a Z790 Apex. My kit can do 7400, but it just took a lot of effort maintaining reboot instability because my IMC is literally one of the worst RPL IMCs on Earth. Not figuratively, it actually statistically is depending on how much can be drawn from SP ratings. I guess this new info about the Dark also sheds more light on the situation.
Mr. Fox
iCX Member
Re: BIOS Updates for Z690 DARK K|NGP|N (2.05) / CLASSIFIED (2.05) [Ring control/vcore volt 2022/12/19 07:47:31 (permalink)
TheAffxct
Mr. Fox
TheAffxct
Thewebsiteisdown
Mr. Fox
TheAffxct

I grabbed the 6400C32 820A kit because they were relatively well priced where I live. Unfortunately stuff like the green A-die is pretty much inaccessible for me. I’m not sure if this matters though. I came across a guy on OCN who got 8200C34 out of my exact kit with a decent 13700K on a Z790 Apex. My kit can do 7400, but it just took a lot of effort maintaining reboot instability because my IMC is literally one of the worst RPL IMCs on Earth. Not figuratively, it actually statistically is depending on how much can be drawn from SP ratings. I guess this new info about the Dark also sheds more light on the situation.

It's probably an inferior silicon quality on your memory modules. They're all over the board just like CPUs.

Wraith // EVGA Z690 Dark K|NGP|N | 13900K | MSI 4090 Suprim X | 32GB DDR5 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 P2 | HC-500A Chiller | MO-RA3 360 D5*3 || EVGA DG-86
Banshee // ASUS Z690 Apex | 13900KF | ASROCK 6900 XT OC Formula | 32GB DDR5 | Corsair RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova D5*2 || Corsair 5000D Airflow
Half-Breed // Precision 17 7720 | 7920HQ (BGA filth) | Quadro P5000 16GB (MXM) | 32GB DDR4 || Grade A Off-Lease Refurb

TheAffxct
Superclocked Member
Re: BIOS Updates for Z690 DARK K|NGP|N (2.05) / CLASSIFIED (2.05) [Ring control/vcore volt 2022/12/19 12:13:57 (permalink)
Mr. Fox
TheAffxct
Mr. Fox
TheAffxct
Thewebsiteisdown
Mr. Fox
TheAffxct

It's probably an inferior silicon quality on your memory modules. They're all over the board just like CPUs.

How did the guy with the Apex manage 8200 then? I just don’t think it’s likely that all these kits can be to blame to be completely honest.
Mr. Fox
iCX Member
Re: BIOS Updates for Z690 DARK K|NGP|N (2.05) / CLASSIFIED (2.05) [Ring control/vcore volt 2022/12/19 15:14:39 (permalink)

TheAffxct
How did the guy with the Apex manage 8200 then? I just don’t think it’s likely that all these kits can be to blame to be completely honest.

Probably the same way @zippytek has managed to do the same on his Dark mobo. Different CPU, different motherboard, different memory... silicon lottery on all of them, QC sloppiness is the new normal and most consumers/gamers are not overclocking enthusiasts or even tech savvy. 

I have owned three different Team Group Delta DDR5-6200 kits, all three the same part number with remarkably different limits on overclocking and timing tightness, two Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6200 kits with similar variance, one Corsair 7200 A-die kit that was the least stable of all, the G.SKILL kit I just sent back for a refund, a pair of generic green SK Hynix M-die modules without XMP or heatsinks, and a pair of generic Sabrent M-die modules (also without XMP or heat sinks) and the generic Hynix and Sabrent modules overclock better, accept tighter timings and pass memory stress tests better than any of the more expensive branded modules.

In the past year or so I have made a point of only buying my parts from sellers with a lenient return policy. I won't accept mediocre garbage or play the lottery anymore. If they sell me something that doesn't perform the way I expect it to, including overclock capacity, I ask for and get a refund. That is happening a lot. For memory I am using my generic modules as the benchmark. Anything less gets an RMA and so far everything has been less. I just got lucky with the generic modules, but I use them as my baseline now, and the bar is set higher than I expected considering they were less than half the cost of branded rubbish.

I also test the CPUs and RAM modules on my EVGA and ASUS motherboards. I find the garbage parts are garbage on both motherboards and the good parts behave the same on both motherboards. So, I am reasonably confident that it is not an EVGA or an ASUS firmware problem when I encounter lackluster results. If they're not going to take necessary steps to cull and bin lousy silicon and QC the "enthusiast" parts before they sell them to me, I will do it myself, give them back their garbage and use the refund to try again with other parts.

I know they are very subjective and not scientific, but Amazon and NewEgg reviews by noobs can be very enlightening. If you look at how many supposedly high-end memory kits fail to boot using XMP profiles (all brands of hardware variations) and end up being used at a lower memory clock speeds it is pretty disturbing. I think there is a ton of inconsistency in memory quality, and a lot of lack of attention to SPD firmware engineering. The knee-jerk reaction is often to blame the motherboard/BIOS, yet we see examples (even in this forum) of the experience being all over the board.

This is my generic SK Hynix green M-die with v2.05. These were purchased as individual sticks on eBay (mismatched Dell system pull parts) for $80 each. (Different seller, but just like these. https://www.ebay.com/p/9052124584
http://valid.x86.fr/bq845g

post edited by Mr. Fox - 2022/12/19 19:14:46

salmanmarvasti
  • Total Posts : 15
Re: BIOS Updates for Z690 DARK K|NGP|N (2.05) / CLASSIFIED (2.05) [Ring control/vcore volt 2022/12/20 07:33:53 (permalink)
"Z690 Classified does not booting with  Samsung B-die "
I am getting that issue but more worrying is I tried z690-e strixx and that has the same issue but other way around. it will only work on one channel but it can see 32GB.
meanwhile the Asus strixx board can run my CPU at 5.8Ghz while the EVGA classified can't post past 5.4.
What is this? i thought this is a upgrade is Asus that much better in bios?
salmanmarvasti
Re: BIOS Updates for Z690 DARK K|NGP|N (2.05) / CLASSIFIED (2.05) [Ring control/vcore volt 2022/12/20 07:37:04 (permalink)
If I dont get any help or bios fix past this 2.05, my EVGA classified is going back to Amazon return and I am buying a CHEAP z790 which is more compatible and faster
B0baganoosh
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2365
  • Ribbons : 39
Re: BIOS Updates for Z690 DARK K|NGP|N (2.05) / CLASSIFIED (2.05) [Ring control/vcore volt 2022/12/20 08:56:25 (permalink)
salmanmarvasti
I am getting that issue but more worrying is I tried z690-e strixx and that has the same issue but other way around. it will only work on one channel but it can see 32GB.
meanwhile the Asus strixx board can run my CPU at 5.8Ghz while the EVGA classified can't post past 5.4.

I'd suggest starting your own thread so people can try to help you with your specific setup and please provide as much detail as possible. No idea what hardware you're trying to run with your z690 classy. I've had Samsung b-die (which is about the worst ddr5 out there) running xmp at 6000 for months, on both 12900k and 13900k. Not sure what settings you're trying to boot. Also, are you talking all core or single core? What voltage settings? What kind of cooling do you have? We need more details to help.

6Q6CPFHPBPCU691 is a discount code anyone can use.

i9 13900k - EVGA Z690 Classy - Nvidia RTX 4090 FE - G.Skill 32GB DDR5-6000  - WD SN850 2TB NVMe Gen4 - Be Quiet! Straight Power 12 1200W - Be Quiet! Dark Base 900 Pro. MO-RA3 420 Pro. Dark Palimpsest MODS RIGS post for build notes.
Mr. Fox
iCX Member
Re: BIOS Updates for Z690 DARK K|NGP|N (2.05) / CLASSIFIED (2.05) [Ring control/vcore volt 2022/12/20 10:44:39 (permalink)
B0baganoosh
salmanmarvasti

I'd suggest starting your own thread so people can try to help you with your specific setup and please provide as much detail as possible. No idea what hardware you're trying to run with your z690 classy. I've had Samsung b-die (which is about the worst ddr5 out there) running xmp at 6000 for months, on both 12900k and 13900k. Not sure what settings you're trying to boot. Also, are you talking all core or single core? What voltage settings? What kind of cooling do you have? We need more details to help.

Good suggestion. I had a Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5-6000 kit that was Samsung B-die. It was very stable and peformed well on my Z690 Dark, simply limited in maximum frequency capacity and the PMIC voltage was locked at 1.435 even with "Extreme Voltage Mode". https://extremehw.net/all...00-32gb-memory-review/

salmanmarvasti
Re: BIOS Updates for Z690 DARK K|NGP|N (2.05) / CLASSIFIED (2.05) [Ring control/vcore volt 2022/12/20 13:21:13 (permalink)
Mr. Fox
TheAffxct
rulik006
Z690 Classified does not booting with Samsung B-die 
with one stick in any slot motherboard wont boot - 53/54 loop
with two sticks it will boot, but will see only half 
Memory works perfectly with other boards - Msi Z690 Force and Asus Z690-F Strix

I think just flash back to 2.03, I don’t think 2.04/2.05 play nice with everyone’s individual board samples, memory ICs and CPU IMCs. That’s the only logical deduction. For some they run amazingly well, and for others, they compromise the memory subsystem.

Yeah, totally. 2.04 would have actually been acceptable for me if not for the ring clock issue. Memory overclocking was fantastic for me (Hynix M-die). I am going to revisit 2.05 when my TG Delta A-die kit arrives. If it works great I will keep the A-die. If it doesn't I will probably send it back for a refund. I am wondering if it is so optimized for A-die that it's just not any good for anything else.

where can I get 2.03, EVGA does not post any older bios.
My system Evga z690 Classified
intel i7 13700K
32GB Flare X5 (samsung B die) which will only post at 16gb and 5000ghz (16 gb is not seen even though it posts dual channel).
EVGA P2 1000w power supply
EK Basic 360mm AIO
I have tried many things -> Z690-e strixx board, also has memory issue but it works in single channel mode full 32gb seen.
THe EVGA board refuses to clock the cpu past 5.5 while the asus did 5.8GHz same setup.

salmanmarvasti
Re: BIOS Updates for Z690 DARK K|NGP|N (2.05) / CLASSIFIED (2.05) [Ring control/vcore volt 2022/12/20 13:41:06 (permalink)
B0baganoosh
salmanmarvasti

I created another thread. I am not the only one with the ddr5 issue with GSkill Flare X5 6000 (samsung b die) optimized for AMD.
Outside the ddr5 issue which is also seen (but differently) on the Asus Z690-E Strixx, the evga refuses to OC my CPU. Very unstable.
EK 360 Basic AIO -- CPU idle at 22C and max at 79C under EVGA bios load testing.
i7 13700K
EVGA P2 1000w psu (old but still good right?)
Cant overclock past 5.4ghz without unstabililty
Same system can overclock 5.8ghz with single channel on the Asus board, EVGA only sees 16GB but apparently in dual channel.

Mr. Fox
iCX Member
Re: BIOS Updates for Z690 DARK K|NGP|N (2.05) / CLASSIFIED (2.05) [Ring control/vcore volt 2022/12/20 14:06:47 (permalink)
Yes, v2.03 was a very good BIOS for the Dark. It was excellent for Samsung B-die and Hynix M-die. I did not download it for Classified since I do not own one.

Log in to My EVGA > My Products, find your mobo in the list and click the link to ask a question. EVGA Support can send you a link to it. The URL that was posted is likely still valid for downloading and the file is still there, but they deleted the link.

I might be able to guess at the URL based on what the syntax is for the Dark 2.03 file.

salmanmarvasti
Re: BIOS Updates for Z690 DARK K|NGP|N (2.05) / CLASSIFIED (2.05) [Ring control/vcore volt 2022/12/20 15:16:46 (permalink)
I know it can't be CPU issue as I had my i7 13700K replaced after trying 3 motherboards same issue. It can't be ddr5 stick as each one works inside the Asus strixx z690 in single channel. 

B0baganoosh
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2365
  • Ribbons : 39
Re: BIOS Updates for Z690 DARK K|NGP|N (2.05) / CLASSIFIED (2.05) [Ring control/vcore volt 2022/12/20 16:45:19 (permalink)
You can also search this section of the forums for "BIOS". You may have to click the link at the bottom of the results page to change the forum default setting from "last 30 days" to "beginning of time" if the page has slipped past 30 days. 2.03 was a beta bios, but did test very well for me as well for quite a while.

6Q6CPFHPBPCU691 is a discount code anyone can use.

i9 13900k - EVGA Z690 Classy - Nvidia RTX 4090 FE - G.Skill 32GB DDR5-6000  - WD SN850 2TB NVMe Gen4 - Be Quiet! Straight Power 12 1200W - Be Quiet! Dark Base 900 Pro. MO-RA3 420 Pro. Dark Palimpsest MODS RIGS post for build notes.
frankd3
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 512
  • Ribbons : 14
Re: BIOS Updates for Z690 DARK K|NGP|N (2.05) / CLASSIFIED (2.05) [Ring control/vcore volt 2022/12/20 16:56:34 (permalink)
Here's 2.03
https://forums.evga.com/FindPost/3582898

They do post old bios files but as B0baganoosh said this was a beta and not included with the normal official downloads.
post edited by frankd3 - 2022/12/20 16:59:43

EVGA Z590 FTW, i9-11900K, EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB, GSkill F4-3600C14D-32GTRSA, EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FTW3 Ultra, EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2, Corsair 5000D Airflow, BenQ EX2780Q 2560x1440, Windows 10 Pro

Mr. Fox
iCX Member
Re: BIOS Updates for Z690 DARK K|NGP|N (2.05) / CLASSIFIED (2.05) [Ring control/vcore volt 2022/12/20 17:05:50 (permalink)
It was included in the official downloads for a while. When they posted 2.04 they removed 2.03. I think they should have just left it and removed the "beta" label because there was absolutely nothing wrong with it. I still have it on two of the three BIOS positions on my Dark because it is very reliable and stable, and I can't identify anything about it that isn't right.

Kadao
  • Total Posts : 24
Re: BIOS Updates for Z690 DARK K|NGP|N (2.05) / CLASSIFIED (2.05) [Ring control/vcore volt 2022/12/21 12:40:30 (permalink)
Just writing back to say that testing with the new Gskill 8000 kit the bios works fine. Both sticks detected and can run at 8000 thought not fully stable. I can benchmark and have played games for about an hour without issues, but can't pass 2 minutes with TestMem5.
The issue with my a-die kit is still the same, I guess the 2.04 and 2.05 have issues with some memory kits.
zippytek
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1185
  • Ribbons : 9
Re: BIOS Updates for Z690 DARK K|NGP|N (2.05) / CLASSIFIED (2.05) [Ring control/vcore volt 2022/12/21 13:42:58 (permalink)
Kadao
Just writing back to say that testing with the new Gskill 8000 kit the bios works fine. Both sticks detected and can run at 8000 thought not fully stable. I can benchmark and have played games for about an hour without issues, but can't pass 2 minutes with TestMem5.
The issue with my a-die kit is still the same, I guess the 2.04 and 2.05 have issues with some memory kits.

what are the xmp voltages set for that kit, is it leaving mem vddq auto? in my experience, auto vddq ends up way too low for stability and should be about 20-30mV behind mem vdd. so you could try, for example:

mem vdd: 1.47-1.48
mem vddq: 1.45-1.46
Mr. Fox
iCX Member
Re: BIOS Updates for Z690 DARK K|NGP|N (2.05) / CLASSIFIED (2.05) [Ring control/vcore volt 2022/12/21 18:53:15 (permalink)
zippytek
Kadao

what are the xmp voltages set for that kit, is it leaving mem vddq auto? in my experience, auto vddq ends up way too low for stability and should be about 20-30mV behind mem vdd. so you could try, for example:

mem vdd: 1.47-1.48
mem vddq: 1.45-1.46

Totally agree with that. In fact, I generally do not use XMP profiles for anything but possibly a bootable starting point. If I do not use XMP (which my generic M-die does not even have) the EVGA BIOS automatically sets the memory VDDQ value just under the memory VDD when left on auto. The VDDQ value is only too low by default when I apply an XMP profile. I have even had good results selecting "manual" and applying the memory frequency and voltage, but leaving all of the timings set to auto. The automatically trained timings applied by my EVGA BIOS provides read/write/copy and latency results that are generally as good or better than what an XMP profile performs. I can see the values that the BIOS trained to when left on auto, set those manually, and begin to tune the performance from that point.

Kadao
  • Total Posts : 24
Re: BIOS Updates for Z690 DARK K|NGP|N (2.05) / CLASSIFIED (2.05) [Ring control/vcore volt 2022/12/22 11:28:49 (permalink)
Zippytek and Mr. Fox, 
Thanks for the feedback. The XMP timings are 38, 48, 48, 128 1.45V.
The XMP is not stable at 8000 even with the increased voltage as suggested. Only mem speed I get no errors with TestMem5 is at 7000 Mhz.
I can also run the Lumni 8000 daily profile at 8000, play games, do benchmarks, aida64 mem bench and all but with TestMem5 always gives errors.
drnilly007
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 106
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: BIOS Updates for Z690 DARK K|NGP|N (2.05) / CLASSIFIED (2.05) [Ring control/vcore volt 2022/12/22 19:51:30 (permalink)
This ram wont boot on the board, with either 2.05 or 2.03. New build with 13600k. Never once saw the bios. Think return to amazon is only way out of this. 12, 54, F7 error only...
https://www.gskill.com/sp...A2-TZ5RS-Specification

the Way, the Truth, the Life...did you know your His favorite!
Mr. Fox
iCX Member
Re: BIOS Updates for Z690 DARK K|NGP|N (2.05) / CLASSIFIED (2.05) [Ring control/vcore volt 2022/12/22 19:56:25 (permalink)
Looks like Brother Luumi is still rocking it hard on the Z690 Dark.
EVGA, please give us the BIOS that Luumi is using in this video (it is a beta v0.00 dated 10/17/2022).

post edited by Mr. Fox - 2022/12/22 20:14:19

Mr. Fox
iCX Member
Re: BIOS Updates for Z690 DARK K|NGP|N (2.05) / CLASSIFIED (2.05) [Ring control/vcore volt 2022/12/22 19:58:34 (permalink)
drnilly007
This ram wont boot on the board, with either 2.05 or 2.03. New build with 13600k. Never once saw the bios. Think return to amazon is only way out of this. 12, 54, F7 error only...
https://www.gskill.com/sp...A2-TZ5RS-Specification
Love your signature, bro. Have a Merry Christmas. Sorry to hear things aren't going great with your memory kit at the moment.

jollydet
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 164
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: BIOS Updates for Z690 DARK K|NGP|N (2.05) / CLASSIFIED (2.05) [Ring control/vcore volt 2022/12/22 21:21:12 (permalink)

Mr. Fox
Looks like Brother Luumi is still rocking it hard on the Z690 Dark.
EVGA, please give us the BIOS that Luumi is using in this video (it is a beta v0.00 dated 10/17/2022).

thats a z790 dark, check the title and his cpuz @ 4:51

Pietro767
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: BIOS Updates for Z690 DARK K|NGP|N (2.05) / CLASSIFIED (2.05) [Ring control/vcore volt 2022/12/23 04:38:50 (permalink)
Hi, I have this problem with my z690 dark kingpin, I would be happy to receive your opinion and maybe help.
My setup is 13700k and g skill 6400c32 (a die), I can stabilize it on 7400c34 with other timings in XMP , passing y cruncher and tm5 1usmus 20 cycles. But when i try to drop others timings, even without setting them too low I can't pass tm5. 
Page: < 12345 > Showing page 4 of 5
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile