EVGA

Are any of you allergic to pesticides? Certain types of Fish?

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
JGLuxe
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 7192
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 17
2015/04/13 18:37:19 (permalink)
Do any of you folks purchase organic fruits and vegetables because of the fact that you are allergic to pesticides or maybe you're just trying to live a healthier, cleaner lifestyle? Avoiding preservatives and such additives that come in certain foods and definitely, as mentioned before, Pesticides.

What about you folks that don't care for organic fruits/vegetables? Just the regular people that eat regular fruits and stuff, But are allergic to fish? I'm interested in this, If I have a couple of people that answer my question, Where do you purchase your stuff and why?

i9-12900ks @ | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA

47 Replies Related Threads

Brad_Hawthorne
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 23174
    • Ribbons : 39
    Re: Are any of you allergic to pesticides? Certain types of Fish? 2015/04/13 18:41:53 (permalink)
    Not sure what you mean by allergic to pesticides? Pesticides are poisons, so everyone is allergic to them.
    JGLuxe
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: Are any of you allergic to pesticides? Certain types of Fish? 2015/04/13 18:54:59 (permalink)
    Brad_Hawthorne
    Not sure what you mean by allergic to pesticides? Pesticides are poisons, so everyone is allergic to them.

My apologies, There are people who are extremely sensitive to the pesticides that are used when growing crops, That is what I meant by people allergic to pesticides.

Most people can just wash it and eat it, Some people will still get a reaction after washing the fruits for that same reason.

Thanks for clearing that up though, Brad.

kram36
    The Destroyer
    • Total Posts : 21477
    • Ribbons : 72
    Re: Are any of you allergic to pesticides? Certain types of Fish? 2015/04/13 19:07:37 (permalink)
    You live in Cali, there has to be half a dozen Natural Food stores in your area.
    seta8967
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1813
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Are any of you allergic to pesticides? Certain types of Fish? 2015/04/13 19:20:27 (permalink)
    I don't have allergies or any health issues, and will eat just about anything.

My daughter on the other hand, we try to keep her stuff organic and fresh. In Korea there are street vendors that grow their own and also a lot of organic/healthy eats  places around. Korea is also not a huge fan of pesticides (it seems every year there is a protest).

I will say that my daughter is also considered "underweight" (20% below average for her age), but normal height. There is little concerns about her growth and development as she only take a 30 mins nap vs 2 hour for normal kids, has a higher than normal energy, and is learning 2 languages and is average in both for her age. She has to do blood tests per military requirements because of her weight, but zero issues with any nutrients or diseases. I mostly attribute this from her mother keeping her on a strict diet of organics and stopping her from eating sugary foods (I am the cluprit most of the time). 

I know it doesn't help you in your search for organics, but I see the difference between my kids and others and my daughter is running circles around other kids and has zero skin fluctuations/issues which are both often caused by food. I really wish that it wasn't so expensive though, 5 dollars for 1/2 gallon of milk...
    JGLuxe
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: Are any of you allergic to pesticides? Certain types of Fish? 2015/04/13 19:43:42 (permalink)
    kram36
    You live in Cali, there has to be half a dozen Natural Food stores in your area.

Yes, But I work for a company that makes me not want to buy Organic foods, Ever.

Trust, I don't care, I'm about to contact a bunch of different branches to report my employer for all the things they are doing. I will begin collecting pictures, I'll probably post them here before submitting them to the corresponding agencies, But I was just curious to see how many people this applies to.

seta8967

My daughter on the other hand, we try to keep her stuff organic and fresh. In Korea there are street vendors that grow their own and also a lot of organic/healthy eats  places around. Korea is also not a huge fan of pesticides (it seems every year there is a protest).

I will say that my daughter is also considered "underweight" (20% below average for her age), but normal height. There is little concerns about her growth and development as she only take a 30 mins nap vs 2 hour for normal kids, has a higher than normal energy, and is learning 2 languages and is average in both for her age. She has to do blood tests per military requirements because of her weight, but zero issues with any nutrients or diseases. I mostly attribute this from her mother keeping her on a strict diet of organics and stopping her from eating sugary foods (I am the cluprit most of the time). 

I know it doesn't help you in your search for organics, but I see the difference between my kids and others and my daughter is running circles around other kids and has zero skin fluctuations/issues which are both often caused by food. I really wish that it wasn't so expensive though, 5 dollars for 1/2 gallon of milk...

I'm glad it's been working for your daughter, I'm not searching for organic food, I work for a freighter company that serves as an import/export facility for all these type of stuff, Unfortunately the Organic is no longer organic once it's picked. It was mixed with regular fruits, Which is actually against FDA rules and regulations. The storage facility stores pallets of fish (Which leak bloody water quite a lot) above the fruits at times. It's very disgusting, Actually.
    post edited by RushXTC - 2015/04/13 19:46:22

seta8967
    FTW Member
    Re: Are any of you allergic to pesticides? Certain types of Fish? 2015/04/13 20:01:09 (permalink)
    RushXTC
    kram36

Yes, But I work for a company that makes me not want to buy Organic foods, Ever.

Trust, I don't care, I'm about to contact a bunch of different branches to report my employer for all the things they are doing. I will begin collecting pictures, I'll probably post them here before submitting them to the corresponding agencies, But I was just curious to see how many people this applies to.

seta8967

I'm glad it's been working for your daughter, I'm not searching for organic food, I work for a freighter company that serves as an import/export facility for all these type of stuff, Unfortunately the Organic is no longer organic once it's picked. It was mixed with regular fruits, Which is actually against FDA rules and regulations. The storage facility stores pallets of fish (Which leak bloody water quite a lot) above the fruits at times. It's very disgusting, Actually.

Well glad I'm in Korea and buying korean local produce.... I personally hate fish and the idea of fish on some greens is rather disgusting. I would report it up, that is a very big offense in the FDA, especially with the organic craze going on.
    kram36
    The Destroyer
    Re: Are any of you allergic to pesticides? Certain types of Fish? 2015/04/13 20:07:16 (permalink)
    Look for a Korean food store. I actually have one down the street from me. seta8967, do you think those Korean food store would be as picky as what you get in Korea?
    JGLuxe
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: Are any of you allergic to pesticides? Certain types of Fish? 2015/04/13 20:18:58 (permalink)
    @Seta8967 you're absolutely right. The cross contamination is much greater than a meat and fish cross contamination, Especially for vegetarians that are likely to purchase such foods.

I've been on the job for a month and have been targeted by my managers over meaningless things, For this, I will get the company to straighten out by reporting to the corresponding agencies. I do not care if I end up losing my job, I will try my best to get this corrected by reporting straight to the companies HIRING my employer whom probably don't even realize the way the product is being stored.

seta8967
    FTW Member
    Re: Are any of you allergic to pesticides? Certain types of Fish? 2015/04/14 04:14:48 (permalink)
    kram36
    Look for a Korean food store. I actually have one down the street from me. seta8967, do you think those Korean food store would be as picky as what you get in Korea?

I'm not sure but I would say no. It is supply&demand along with convenience here in Korea. It is common for street vendors to grow their own vegetables in small farms outside the city and then sell it. Pesticides can get expensive, so most don't use them and simply put flowers that ward off bugs. America doesn't have the demand for organics as much as Korea does either, USA wants cheap food not organic. Your best bet is just to simply ask, they might be a organic company, as Korean "well being foods" have grown more and more in USA due to the huge health benefits of foods like bimimbap. If you get the chance try bimimbap, its very tasty and uses a lot of vegetables and has meat inside it. I love steak as much as the next man, but it's important especially in this day of computer working to watch what you eat.

RushXTC
    @Seta8967 you're absolutely right. The cross contamination is much greater than a meat and fish cross contamination, Especially for vegetarians that are likely to purchase such foods.

I've been on the job for a month and have been targeted by my managers over meaningless things, For this, I will get the company to straighten out by reporting to the corresponding agencies. I do not care if I end up losing my job, I will try my best to get this corrected by reporting straight to the companies HIRING my employer whom probably don't even realize the way the product is being stored.

Keep all your contacts in the FDA, and always use e-mail or get copies of paperwork. If you believe there was unfair play in the firing of you, it gives you ammo to prove to HR and unemployment that you were fired as retaliation. Always always keep photo's too, with dates and over a various time period. Companies will know when inspectors will come and then attempt to clean up the mess before the inspection can hit. I wish you the best of luck.
    kaninja
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8755
    • Ribbons : 25
    Re: Are any of you allergic to pesticides? Certain types of Fish? 2015/04/14 10:08:09 (permalink)
    Does your work have safe food handling practices and documentation?

Corsair 650D   -  i5 3570K @ 4.6GHz  -  Corsair H80i  -  MSI Z77 M-Power  -  16GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator Platinum
    WD 1TB Caviar Black x2  -  OCZ 120GB Vertex2 SSD  -  Corsair HX620  -  GTX285 SSC  -  Samsung T240  -  DIR-655

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102333
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: Are any of you allergic to pesticides? Certain types of Fish? 2015/04/14 10:11:23 (permalink)
    I'm allergic to about everything but I tend to stay away from chemicals. Luckily here in Europe pesticides are not used very much if at all.
    post edited by rjohnson11 - 2015/04/14 10:13:25

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

Randolla
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1873
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Are any of you allergic to pesticides? Certain types of Fish? 2015/04/14 13:50:06 (permalink)
    RushXTC

And the drama continues......

I wish you luck Rush.  I sincerely mean that.

Intel 5930K@ 4.3 Ghz
    ASUS Rampage 5 Extreme Motherboard 
    EVGA GeForce 1080Ti SC
    Case Labs Merlin Full Tower case 
    NZXT Kraken X61 Liquid CPU cooler
    32 Gbs G.Skill Ripjaws 4 DDR4 2666
    EVGA  Supernova P1200 PSU
    Acer Predator X34 Monitor
    Samsung 512 Gb XP941 M2 SSD

HT Omega eClaro Soundcard[
    JGLuxe
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: Are any of you allergic to pesticides? Certain types of Fish? 2015/04/14 14:56:31 (permalink)
    kaninja

Yes sir, They're certified for nearly everything when it comes to food handling, Including HACCP, However, Do they follow the rules and regulations? No.

Randolla
    RushXTC

It's not that I want to create drama, I just don't appreciate the fact that someone could potentially DIE from this.

kaninja
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8755
    • Ribbons : 25
    Re: Are any of you allergic to pesticides? Certain types of Fish? 2015/04/14 15:33:03 (permalink)
    Make copies of their own in house procedures......then document what they actually do. Then bring it up to managment......then escelate if they do nothing.

Corsair 650D   -  i5 3570K @ 4.6GHz  -  Corsair H80i  -  MSI Z77 M-Power  -  16GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator Platinum
    WD 1TB Caviar Black x2  -  OCZ 120GB Vertex2 SSD  -  Corsair HX620  -  GTX285 SSC  -  Samsung T240  -  DIR-655

Violence.
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1913
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re: Are any of you allergic to pesticides? Certain types of Fish? 2015/04/14 15:38:05 (permalink)
    I hold a license in my state for Pesticide usage on lawns and landscapes and i do have a few customers who are chemically sensitive. It does happen. Not very much at all but it does happen. 10 years in my trade ive only had a handful of people with this issue. I have done my trade in 2 counties in my state and have been in every single town in those counties,done alot of applications. Rare but it does happen. 

I have also seen people with an allergy to shell fish. Throat would swell up and so on. It happens also but is rare also. 
    knightsilver
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 9430
    • Ribbons : 14
    Re: Are any of you allergic to pesticides? Certain types of Fish? 2015/04/14 16:12:49 (permalink)
    What Brad said!

Rush, just move to the desert already....
    kram36
    The Destroyer
    Re: Are any of you allergic to pesticides? Certain types of Fish? 2015/04/14 16:28:42 (permalink)
    knightsilver
    What Brad said!

Rush, just move to the desert already....

He should come share the mountain with you.
    Randolla
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1873
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Are any of you allergic to pesticides? Certain types of Fish? 2015/04/15 07:57:34 (permalink)
    RushXTC
    kaninja

Yes sir, They're certified for nearly everything when it comes to food handling, Including HACCP, However, Do they follow the rules and regulations? No.

Randolla
    RushXTC

It's not that I want to create drama, I just don't appreciate the fact that someone could potentially DIE from this.

Just be careful about the can of worms that you may be opening.  It may not end with you just losing your job.  They may hire private investigators etc. to look into your life in an effort to discredit you.  They may even have connections to law enforcement. Do you really need that kind of scrutiny?

I suggest that any complaint you make to the "authorities" you make anonymously.  You really don't need a big corporation trying to dig up dirt on you.    

I

Intel 5930K@ 4.3 Ghz
    ASUS Rampage 5 Extreme Motherboard 
    EVGA GeForce 1080Ti SC
    Case Labs Merlin Full Tower case 
    NZXT Kraken X61 Liquid CPU cooler
    32 Gbs G.Skill Ripjaws 4 DDR4 2666
    EVGA  Supernova P1200 PSU
    Acer Predator X34 Monitor
    Samsung 512 Gb XP941 M2 SSD

HT Omega eClaro Soundcard[
    agent8
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8248
    • Ribbons : 20
    Re: Are any of you allergic to pesticides? Certain types of Fish? 2015/04/15 11:28:17 (permalink)
    I skip all that and grow my own. I've seen some so called "organic" stuff and unless you know for sure, it may not be organic at all. I have 2.5 acres and a few raised wicking beds and herb beds too. Sometimes the stuff I grow doesn't look all that great but it tastes good...
    JGLuxe
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: Are any of you allergic to pesticides? Certain types of Fish? 2015/04/15 11:33:35 (permalink)
    Randolla

Just be careful about the can of worms that you may be opening.  It may not end with you just losing your job.  They may hire private investigators etc. to look into your life in an effort to discredit you.  They may even have connections to law enforcement. Do you really need that kind of scrutiny?

I suggest that any complaint you make to the "authorities" you make anonymously.  You really don't need a big corporation trying to dig up dirt on you.    

Most definitely will be anonymous because I still want to work here, Just don't like the way they handle certain things when it comes to maintenance, food handling, etc.

kram36
    The Destroyer
    Re: Are any of you allergic to pesticides? Certain types of Fish? 2015/04/15 13:02:42 (permalink)
    RushXTC
    Randolla

Most definitely will be anonymous because I still want to work here, Just don't like the way they handle certain things when it comes to maintenance, food handling, etc.

Your concern is valid and I commend you for wanting things to be done right. I also agree with Randolla, stay as anonymous as you can possibly be.
    blacksapphire08
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8875
    • Ribbons : 22
    Re: Are any of you allergic to pesticides? Certain types of Fish? 2015/04/16 20:47:10 (permalink)
    Yeah my fiance went vegan and pretty much buys only organic produce. I still eat meat/dairy/etc but I noticed that organic greens taste a lot better. The downside is it costs a fortune and I wish she would cut down some. I'm going to make her grow her own veggies from now on lol.

RainStryke
    The Advocate
    • Total Posts : 15872
    • Ribbons : 60
    Re: Are any of you allergic to pesticides? Certain types of Fish? 2015/04/16 23:46:58 (permalink)

Main PC | Secondary PC
    Intel i9 10900K | Intel i7 9700K

MSI MEG Z490 ACE | Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Master
    ASUS TUF RTX 3090 | NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super
    32GB G.Skill Trident Z Royal 4000MHz CL18 | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4266MHz CL17
    SuperFlower Platinum SE 1200w | Seasonic X-1250
    Samsung EVO 970 1TB and Crucial P5 1TB | Intel 760p 1TB and Crucial MX100 512GB
    Cougar Vortex CF-V12HPB x9 | Cougar Vortex CF-V12SPB-RGB x5

3DMark Results:Time Spy|Port Royal

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102333
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: Are any of you allergic to pesticides? Certain types of Fish? 2015/04/17 00:12:02 (permalink)
    I can't eat much fish and especially not shellfish. I am limited to about 10-12 shrimp and no more. My mother is the same way so it's probably hereditary. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

kram36
    The Destroyer
    Re: Are any of you allergic to pesticides? Certain types of Fish? 2015/04/22 10:58:45 (permalink)
    RainStryke
    You should check this out:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxE9sYatPAs

That's very interesting. Plants not treated with insecticides actually produce their own insecticides that are more harmful to humans?
    RainStryke
    The Advocate
    Re: Are any of you allergic to pesticides? Certain types of Fish? 2015/04/22 16:40:52 (permalink)
    kram36
    RainStryke

That's very interesting. Plants not treated with insecticides actually produce their own insecticides that are more harmful to humans?

Not sure they are more harmful than man made insecticides, but they are adapting to become more poisonous to it's predators to survive.

Main PC | Secondary PC

32GB G.Skill Trident Z Royal 4000MHz CL18 | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4266MHz CL17

kram36
    The Destroyer
    Re: Are any of you allergic to pesticides? Certain types of Fish? 2015/04/22 19:46:25 (permalink)
    RainStryke
    kram36
    RainStryke

Not sure they are more harmful than man made insecticides, but they are adapting to become more poisonous to it's predators to survive.

But the ones that are mutating to become more poisonous to it's predators are the ones that are not treated with insecticides.

The last statement in the video is.

"My advise to you. If you eat natural foods, do it because you like the flavor. Don't do it because you think you're avoiding the carcinogenesis, if anything, it just the opposite"
    post edited by kram36 - 2015/04/22 20:11:26
    RainStryke
    The Advocate
    Re: Are any of you allergic to pesticides? Certain types of Fish? 2015/04/23 08:29:04 (permalink)
    Yeah, but he's not saying one is worse than the other. He's just saying don't think that one is better than the other unless your opinion is based off of taste.

Main PC | Secondary PC

kram36
    The Destroyer
    Re: Are any of you allergic to pesticides? Certain types of Fish? 2015/04/23 12:20:49 (permalink)
    RainStryke
    Yeah, but he's not saying one is worse than the other. He's just saying don't think that one is better than the other unless your opinion is based off of taste.

His last statement contradicts what you're saying.

"My advise to you. If you eat natural foods, do it because you like the flavor. Don't do it because you think you're avoiding the carcinogenesis, if anything, it just the opposite"
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile