EVGA

Am I covered by warranty?

Author
mungusCREEP
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/01/09 13:27:58 (permalink)
Back in August 2015 I purchased two EVGA GEFORCE 980tis and an EVGA Supernova 850 G2 gold power supply. I'm pretty sure I registered the GPUs but I can't remember if I registered the power supply. I was running these in SLI.

Anyway, Several days ago a got a few shutdowns saying thate voltage surges were detected but I couldn't isolate the problem. Yesterday while gaming the PC just shutdown and would not turn back on. I tried several combinations of both cards, single card, vga1 outputs on PSU and vga2 outputs on PSU. I can't get the PC to POST with the cards installed. I'm currently running off the onboard graphics. 

System: Asus Z170-A mobo, Skylake i5 6600k, Four - Crucial Ballistix 4GB DDR4 2666

Just wondering what options I have at this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
post edited by mungusCREEP - 2019/01/09 13:33:37

4 Replies Related Threads

Tech_JoseC
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 383
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Am I covered by warranty? 2019/01/09 13:50:42 (permalink)
    Hello, 

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your graphics card's and overall system. I will be sending you an email to see what other troubleshooting can be done and what your options are. 

-Jose C.
    bob16314
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8048
    • Ribbons : 761
    Re: Am I covered by warranty? 2019/01/09 15:03:14 (permalink)
    ASUS Anti-Surge Support has been known to be flaky/over sensative..You can turn it off the the BIOS -> Monitor section..But before you do that, you should make sure your mobo BIOS is updated to the latest version which may fix it.

If after turning off Anti-Surge Support and you don't have any more problems, just leave it off and don't worry about it..If you continue to have problems, the Anti-Surge Support that was being triggered almost always means the PSU is faulty.

* Corsair Obsidian 450D Mid-Tower - Airflow Edition * ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) * Intel i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz * 16GB G.SKILL Trident Z 4133MHz * Sabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 SSD * WD Black 500 GB HDD * Seasonic M12 II 750W * Corsair H115i Elite Capellix 280mm * EVGA GTX 760 SC * Win7 Home/Win10 Home * 

"Whatever it takes, as long as it works" - Me

mungusCREEP
    Re: Am I covered by warranty? 2019/01/09 15:59:58 (permalink)
    EVGATech_JoseC
    Hello, 

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your graphics card's and overall system. I will be sending you an email to see what other troubleshooting can be done and what your options are. 

-Jose C.

Thank you for the help. 
    bob16314
    ASUS Anti-Surge Support has been known to be flaky/over sensative..You can turn it off the the BIOS -> Monitor section..But before you do that, you should make sure your mobo BIOS is updated to the which may fix it.

If after turning off Anti-Surge Support and you don't have any more problems, just leave it off and don't worry about it..If you continue to have problems, the Anti-Surge Support that was being triggered almost always means the PSU is faulty.

Thank you for the advice. Ever since I got that first warning I've read a lot of people saying the same thing. Good to know.

mungusCREEP
    Re: Am I covered by warranty? 2019/01/30 17:45:52 (permalink)
    Thank you for everything.

After all is said and done I am back to 4k gaming. 

I urge anyone with issues to reach out to EVGA to help them. I will tell all my friends the same. They absolutely took care of me when they didn't even have to. 
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile