EVGA

6.2.7 Super buggy with 1080ti ftw3

Author
Myler709x
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/07/04 10:47:25 (permalink)
Lately I've noticed that the OCX seems to be a bit buggy. My temp lights which I have set to turn green when they reach 60 degrees never seem to come on. I was just playing a few games and usually every now and then the power temp will go above 60 and sometimes the memory temp as well. I couldnt hear my fans running so I thought something was up so I jumped over on the over screen and they were both into the 70-75 degree range and the fans weren't spinning and no lights on the card. Once I clicked around a few times it all popped on and started working the fans came on and the lights turned green. This has been happening for a few weeks now. Anyone have this problem? I've reinstalled the drivers and it doesn't seem to help.

Thanks 

3 Replies Related Threads

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49170
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: 6.2.7 Super buggy with 1080ti ftw3 2018/07/04 11:10:44 (permalink)
    Try the following...

#1 Open the settings menu by selecting the cog wheel button inside precision.
    #2 Select the thermal led menu.
    #3 Press the ok button 5 times.
    #4 Close precision completely.
    #5 Use gpu-z to monitor your gpu temps if you need to monitor them.
    #6 Play game and see if your issue is resolved. 

Note: Your fans should definitely kick on before 80c even with precision not running.
    Tech_JoseC
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 383
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: 6.2.7 Super buggy with 1080ti ftw3 2018/07/05 19:19:46 (permalink)
    Myler709x
    Lately I've noticed that the OCX seems to be a bit buggy. My temp lights which I have set to turn green when they reach 60 degrees never seem to come on. I was just playing a few games and usually every now and then the power temp will go above 60 and sometimes the memory temp as well. I couldnt hear my fans running so I thought something was up so I jumped over on the over screen and they were both into the 70-75 degree range and the fans weren't spinning and no lights on the card. Once I clicked around a few times it all popped on and started working the fans came on and the lights turned green. This has been happening for a few weeks now. Anyone have this problem? I've reinstalled the drivers and it doesn't seem to help.

Thanks 

Hello Myler709x and welcome to the forums! 

If what Sajin posted did not work, 

Try uninstalling Precision XOC, then go into your C Drive, then Program Files x86. Delete the EVGA folder and uninstall your drivers after that. Once that is done, shut down your system, reseat the graphics card onto the PCIE slot on the motherboard. Then turn your system on and reinstall both your drivers and the PXOC software. If the issues persist, please feel free to contact our customer service team by calling 1.888.881.3842 or emailing us at support@evga.com for further assistance 

-Jose C.
    serge1940
    • Total Posts : 13
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: 6.2.7 Super buggy with 1080ti ftw3 2018/07/06 06:11:42 (permalink)
    Myler709x

Thanks 

I had the same problem. I think there's a problem with PrecisionXServer.exe and PXSW10_x64.exe. These programs get high CPU usage while I play Dragon Age Inquisition. I find blocking the files(renaming them) fixed a bunch of my problems. I do know that blocking these files will prevent me from using performance overlay but I have no interest in using it anyways.
    Hope that helps.

edit: I would also not use LEDsync especially if you have other led software such as Asus Aura, MSI Mystic Light, etc. It just makes things worse.
    post edited by serge1940 - 2018/07/06 06:13:51
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile