EVGA

3090 TI LOOKING LIKE MONSTER

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Author
nist7
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: 3090 TI LOOKING LIKE MONSTER 2022/01/05 08:56:44 (permalink)
snoopy3525
It sounds like nvidia is just trying to shuffle around and push the prices higher on their high end cards which started with the 3080 Ti.  My guess on probable sequence of events...

3080 Ti released ($1200 MSRP) already occurred
3090 will be discontinued ($1500)
3090 Ti released at ($2000)

Nvidia could eventually discontinue the 3070 and 3080 and came out with two different "Super" chips (or at least the 3080).  Could be priced around $1000 in between the 3080 Ti ($1200) and current 3080 ($800)

The question is, if one is on a Step-Up queue for the 3090, what happens if the chip is discontinued?  I presume this situation hasn't occurred yet , and I recall reading on the forums evga will eventually get the card for you to step-up to, but this doesn't sound possible.  Unless EVGA already has their orders in to nvidia for each step-up which a person applied for

Yeah I think the 90ti will be priced at $2k....AIB cards likely going to be priced 2500-3000. EVGA hopefully will have cards closer to OEM MSRP
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18926
  • Ribbons : 58
Re: 3090 TI LOOKING LIKE MONSTER 2022/01/05 09:20:10 (permalink)

EVGA always does a KingPin edition for the flagship GPU.. since the 3090Ti will be the new flagship card, it's a pretty good bet there will be a 3090Ti KingPin. Considering the 3090 KingPin Hydrocopper was priced at $2,350 from EVGA (when it was 'available'), I'd expect the 3090Ti KPHC will likely be priced a little higher - maybe $2,500+. ..and if there's a hybrid, maybe $2,350?

I don't know if EVGA will be doing the full FTW3 / XC3 lineup for the 3090Ti, but whatever they do, I'm guessing they'd be priced at minimum $2k and up for the FTW3 models, and maybe minimum $1,750 / $1,800 and up for the XC3 models.

Sound about right?

post edited by Nereus - 2022/01/05 09:25:50

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

nist7
Re: 3090 TI LOOKING LIKE MONSTER 2022/01/05 09:26:08 (permalink)
Nereus

EVGA always does a KingPin edition for the flagship GPU.. since the 3090Ti will be the new flagship card, it's a pretty good bet there will be a 3090Ti KingPin. Considering the 3090 KingPin Hydrocopper was priced at $2,350 from EVGA (when it was 'available'), I'd expect the 3090Ti KPHC will likely be priced a little higher - maybe $2,500. ..and if there's a hybrid, maybe $2,350? I don't know if EVGA will be doing the full FTW3 / XC3 lineup for the 3090Ti, but whatever they do, I'm guessing they'd be priced at minimum $2k and up from there for the FTW3 models, and maybe minimum $1,750 / $1,800 and up for the XC3 models.

Ah ok interesting....that's insane though....how much GPUs cost these days. But such is the time we live in.

I've also heard rumors that 90Ti are not going to be alot...since they need to bin out the best GA102 dies for the 90Ti....so looks like it could make sense for EVGA and other AIBs to make flagship cards instead of more "mass marketed" ones...since the top end cards like the kingpin probably have higher profit margin and if there's not that much 90Ti to go around...might as well make it a flagship model.

I'm gonna venture that Nvidia MSRP will be something like $1999 for the 90Ti and then AIB cards can be quite a bit higher...wouldn't be surprised if some AIBs price it closer to $3k with how everything is STILL selling out like hot cakes here in 2022
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: 3090 TI LOOKING LIKE MONSTER 2022/01/05 09:31:22 (permalink)
nist7
Nereus
EVGA always does a KingPin edition for the flagship GPU.. since the 3090Ti will be the new flagship card, it's a pretty good bet there will be a 3090Ti KingPin. Considering the 3090 KingPin Hydrocopper was priced at $2,350 from EVGA (when it was 'available'), I'd expect the 3090Ti KPHC will likely be priced a little higher - maybe $2,500. ..and if there's a hybrid, maybe $2,350? I don't know if EVGA will be doing the full FTW3 / XC3 lineup for the 3090Ti, but whatever they do, I'm guessing they'd be priced at minimum $2k and up from there for the FTW3 models, and maybe minimum $1,750 / $1,800 and up for the XC3 models.

Ah ok interesting....that's insane though....how much GPUs cost these days. But such is the time we live in.

I've also heard rumors that 90Ti are not going to be alot...since they need to bin out the best GA102 dies for the 90Ti....so looks like it could make sense for EVGA and other AIBs to make flagship cards instead of more "mass marketed" ones...since the top end cards like the kingpin probably have higher profit margin and if there's not that much 90Ti to go around...might as well make it a flagship model.

I'm gonna venture that Nvidia MSRP will be something like $1999 for the 90Ti and then AIB cards can be quite a bit higher...wouldn't be surprised if some AIBs price it closer to $3k with how everything is STILL selling out like hot cakes here in 2022

Yeah you might be right - very limited supply, and I may be low-balling it there.. considering the difference between the 3080 and the 3080Ti models is about $400+...  maybe $2,750 for the 3090TI KPHC... damn that's a lot of money for a GPU! You can built a fairly decent entire rig for that money lol.

post edited by Nereus - 2022/01/05 09:33:25

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

nist7
Re: 3090 TI LOOKING LIKE MONSTER 2022/01/05 09:40:03 (permalink)
Nereus
nist7
Nereus

Yeah you might be right - very limited supply, and I may be low-balling it there.. considering the difference between the 3080 and the 3080Ti models is about $400+...  maybe $2,750 for the 3090TI KPHC... damn that's a lot of money for a GPU! You can built a fairly decent entire rig for that money lol.

Shoot...no kidding....heck you can buy almost a decent rig with just the price of a 3090/6900xt/or some of the AIB priced 80Tis at $2k....but with 90 at 1499....I can easily see it priced at 1899/1999.

At my local microcenter, the only cards that are not selling out are 6700XTs priced at basically $1k and the 6900XTs at basically 2k...so literally those are 2x OEM MSRP cards that people finally will not cross line. WIth how popular and better Nvidia cards are still than AMD....I'd imaging it would take a HUGE price jump for those cards to stay on the shelf....but yeah even at 2000-2500...probably it'll sell pretty quickly. I can see Zotac putting out a $3k 90Ti....
Hoggle
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 10103
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: 3090 TI LOOKING LIKE MONSTER 2022/01/05 10:59:29 (permalink)
I think the price might have limiting factor on resellers. The 3080 can be marked up 50% pretty easily but a reseller isn't going to be able to get a 50% markup on a 3090Ti. That could really help since people who are reselling are cared mostly about the profit margin and also how little they can be spend. The 3090Ti is kind of priced outside the reseller range.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10323
  • Ribbons : 48
Re: 3090 TI LOOKING LIKE MONSTER 2022/01/05 12:16:43 (permalink)
Hoggle
I think the price might have limiting factor on resellers. The 3080 can be marked up 50% pretty easily but a reseller isn't going to be able to get a 50% markup on a 3090Ti. That could really help since people who are reselling are cared mostly about the profit margin and also how little they can be spend. The 3090Ti is kind of priced outside the reseller range.

You make a good point. 

Now add the newly improved "theft act", regardless if you're a resellers but the average joe and want to sell something like your new or used GPU, PC, pokemon cards etc. or a crafter on etsy or what have you, the IRS want's to know about it.    They changed it from $20,000+ annually to $600 in gross sales.  Ebay said they're going to lobby congress to change that threshold.  Lots of sellers threaten to leave and have left.  Oh and they're asking the looters to file too.  Google it if yall don't believe me. smh

While this is great against scalpers, it's horrible for everyone else.

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: 3090 TI LOOKING LIKE MONSTER 2022/01/05 12:29:22 (permalink)
GTXJackBauer
Hoggle

You make a good point. 

Now add the newly improved "theft act", regardless if you're a resellers but the average joe and want to sell something like your new or used GPU, PC, pokemon cards etc. or a crafter on etsy or what have you, the IRS want's to know about it.    They changed it from $20,000+ annually to $600 in gross sales.  Ebay said they're going to lobby congress to change that threshold.  Lots of sellers threaten to leave and have left.  Oh and they're asking the looters to file too.  Google it if yall don't believe me. smh

Reading that article, it seems the IRS want to track all online sales as income, although at present EBay, Paypal etc. are only reporting if the total sales in one year is >$20k or 200 items.. but that had me thinking... if people like me are just selling our own used computer gear because we're upgrading (and not scalping!), then freaking bring it on - most of my gear I buy new, and I never recoup the original cost, so if IRS want to take anything I sell on EBay etc into account as part of my total income, then sure, I'm running at a loss in that case, so I can therefore reduce my total taxable income accordingly! Haha - winning! And if scalpers have to pay tax on their gains, I'm all for it!

An interesting point: income from criminal activity such as theft or drug dealing is still taxable income, and I've seen that used in criminal court where a drug dealer had tax fraud charges added on top of his criminal charges for all the cash he got busted with - it's a convenient and easy way for Prosecutors to gain some added leverage to negotiate plea deals.

post edited by Nereus - 2022/01/05 12:34:07

GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: 3090 TI LOOKING LIKE MONSTER 2022/01/05 12:47:08 (permalink)
Nereus
GTXJackBauer
Hoggle

You make a good point. 

Reading that article, it seems the IRS want to track all online sales as income, although at present EBay, Paypal etc. are only reporting if the total sales in one year is >$20k or 200 items.. but that had me thinking... if people like me are just selling our own used computer gear because we're upgrading (and not scalping!), then freaking bring it on - most of my gear I buy new, and I never recoup the original cost, so if IRS want to take anything I sell on EBay etc into account as part of my total income, then sure, I'm running at a loss in that case, so I can therefore reduce my total taxable income accordingly! Haha - winning! And if scalpers have to pay tax on their gains, I'm all for it!

An interesting point: income from criminal activity such as theft or drug dealing is still taxable income, and I've seen that used in criminal court where a drug dealer had tax fraud charges added on top of his criminal charges for all the cash he got busted with - it's a convenient and easy way for Prosecutors to gain some added leverage to negotiate plea deals.

AFAIK, it got changed across the board and lessened to $600 on everything including paypal and all online transactions in general.  This is going to hurt the middle and lower bracket of folks trying to get by or just trying to sell a few things.

As for the DAs and the likes, they're releasing everyone on the fly.  All the top shops are constantly being looted with carjackings and armed robberies up the wazoo near me.  They're also apparently using tech devices like the apple air tags to track the vehicles they want.  The only good side I heard of that was the guy that stole the keys and vehicle was able to be tracked and arrested but chances are was released.  I got so many stories but I know this isn't the place here.

I hope EVGA finds their truck.
post edited by GTXJackBauer - 2022/01/05 12:48:14

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
actuallynick
  • Total Posts : 25
Re: 3090 TI LOOKING LIKE MONSTER 2022/01/05 12:48:11 (permalink)
can't wait
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: 3090 TI LOOKING LIKE MONSTER 2022/01/05 13:40:41 (permalink)
GTXJackBauer
Nereus
GTXJackBauer
Hoggle

You make a good point. 

AFAIK, it got changed across the board and lessened to $600 on everything including paypal and all online transactions in general.  This is going to hurt the middle and lower bracket of folks trying to get by or just trying to sell a few things.

As for the DAs and the likes, they're releasing everyone on the fly.  All the top shops are constantly being looted with carjackings and armed robberies up the wazoo near me.  They're also apparently using tech devices like the apple air tags to track the vehicles they want.  The only good side I heard of that was the guy that stole the keys and vehicle was able to be tracked and arrested but chances are was released.  I got so many stories but I know this isn't the place here.

I hope EVGA finds their truck.

Yeah.. we have a new DA for Manhattan as of a couple of days ago.. unbelievable. NYC is going to be a bloodbath. The new Mayor may be making some positive changes, but with a DA directing prosecutors not to prosecute, we are in deep deep trouble.

xtremegamer
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 427
Re: 3090 TI LOOKING LIKE MONSTER 2022/01/05 14:24:06 (permalink)
In terms of spec, the full GA102 GPU offers a monstrous 10,752 CUDA cores, though is packing the same 24GB of GDDR6X video memory as the OG card. That said, Nvidia is pushing the VRAM a little harder, to the tune of 21Gbps versus the 19.5Gbps of the original RTX 3090

12G-P5-3967-KR 6/3/2021 8:01:42 AM PT No
12G-P5-3958-KR 6/3/2021 9:47:16 AM PT No

Use My Associate Code To Get 3% Off Your Graphics Card  Purchase: 07N4WZTXMI5NA26

Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 49168
  • Ribbons : 199
Re: 3090 TI LOOKING LIKE MONSTER 2022/01/05 14:27:25 (permalink)
The kingpin edition is going to be special. Been awhile since people were able to buy a fully enabled chip from nvidia in kpe flavor. Last one was 780 ti kpe.
telehog
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 413
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: 3090 TI LOOKING LIKE MONSTER 2022/01/05 14:44:31 (permalink)
Sajin
The kingpin edition is going to be special. Been awhile since people were able to buy a fully enabled chip from nvidia in kpe flavor. Last one was 780 ti kpe.

Looking forward to seeing the difference  between  Rtx 3090 Kingpin and the New TI Kingpin . Any word on queue system on them ?  If queue stay as is I already have 2 Evga 30 ' s cards and very happy with both and won't have a chance at Kingpin TI . With PCB being different SLI without riser cables on  the TI kingpin won't work I guess.

Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 49168
  • Ribbons : 199
Re: 3090 TI LOOKING LIKE MONSTER 2022/01/05 14:47:38 (permalink)
No word on queue system yet.
kraade
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2369
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: 3090 TI LOOKING LIKE MONSTER 2022/01/05 16:30:56 (permalink)
snoopy3525
It sounds like nvidia is just trying to shuffle around and push the prices higher on their high end cards which started with the 3080 Ti.  My guess on probable sequence of events...

Nvidia could eventually discontinue the 3070 and 3080 and came out with two different "Super" chips (or at least the 3080).  Could be priced around $1000 in between the 3080 Ti ($1200) and current 3080 ($800)

The question is, if one is on a Step-Up queue for the 3090, what happens if the chip is discontinued?  I presume this situation hasn't occurred yet , and I recall reading on the forums evga will eventually get the card for you to step-up to, but this doesn't sound possible.  Unless EVGA already has their orders in to nvidia for each step-up which a person applied for

Seems probable and quite sad news for the 40 series if this trend continues we could see a mid tier 4080 at +2k. Profit over consumer value seems to be a trend without end.
degenerate
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 614
Re: 3090 TI LOOKING LIKE MONSTER 2022/01/05 18:54:00 (permalink)
If EVGA is to do a 3090Ti KPE they should bring back the legend, TiN.

|5900x|MSI B550 Unify-X|2x16GB G.Skill 3800 C14 @ 1900 FCLK|2TB WD SN850 M.2|EVGA 3090 KPE|EVGA 1600T2|Alienware '25' & LG 48" CX OLED|
mercIE
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 152
Re: 3090 TI LOOKING LIKE MONSTER 2022/01/05 18:55:50 (permalink)
That is one beefy GPU, impressive clock bump over the normal 3090
degenerate
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 614
Re: 3090 TI LOOKING LIKE MONSTER 2022/01/05 19:00:37 (permalink)
kraade
snoopy3525

Seems probable and quite sad news for the 40 series if this trend continues we could see a mid tier 4080 at +2k. Profit over consumer value seems to be a trend without end.

Gamers are too desperate to vote with their wallets *shrug*

|5900x|MSI B550 Unify-X|2x16GB G.Skill 3800 C14 @ 1900 FCLK|2TB WD SN850 M.2|EVGA 3090 KPE|EVGA 1600T2|Alienware '25' & LG 48" CX OLED|
Harriman
  • Total Posts : 53
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: 3090 TI LOOKING LIKE MONSTER 2022/01/06 03:55:01 (permalink)
Does anyone know if the 3090 TI is going to be a Kingpin upgrade only?? or are we getting XC/FTW variants as well???
Flint 1760
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 8295
  • Ribbons : 45
Re: 3090 TI LOOKING LIKE MONSTER 2022/01/06 04:06:08 (permalink)
There are only rumors that there will be a KingPin SKU, nothing official yet.  The only thing NVIDIA basically said was that it was coming and we’ll hear more about it sometime in January.

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: 3090 TI LOOKING LIKE MONSTER 2022/01/06 04:29:57 (permalink)
degenerate
If EVGA is to do a 3090Ti KPE they should bring back the legend, TiN.

That would be awesome. I don’t think that will happen since T|n moved to the US if I am not mistaken.
GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: 3090 TI LOOKING LIKE MONSTER 2022/01/06 04:33:14 (permalink)
snoopy3525

I honestly don't think it will start that high.  Maybe if there's a Kingpin or FTW3 ULTRA HYBRID or just on air.

If I had to predict, conservatively it's going to be a $50-$100 bump and put a max of $200 to be safe from the current 3090 pricing.  I truly don't think it will go beyond that.  There's too much at stake to do such a thing, imo. 

As for step-up, they'll only list what they can on their end.  They usually only allowed step ups to the base models unless that has changed since I haven't been around to see if that has changed or not.

Harriman
Does anyone know if the 3090 TI is going to be a Kingpin upgrade only?? or are we getting XC/FTW variants as well???

It should be similar to the current 3090 is my guess.  I mean it's always been that way.  

LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
cme4arv
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: 3090 TI LOOKING LIKE MONSTER 2022/01/06 04:36:36 (permalink)
Does NVIDA ever intend on having any inventory and why do the keep allowing retail stores to gouge the public on prices? I can't find a 3080, 380 ti, or 3090 that is available and when it is it's $1000 over retail.
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: 3090 TI LOOKING LIKE MONSTER 2022/01/06 08:47:00 (permalink)

Looking at the EVGA YouTube video, release is obviously January 27th, and the video shows 3 circles which seems to infer the iCX version is launching on that date... so KingPin variants might be further down the line.

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: 3090 TI LOOKING LIKE MONSTER 2022/01/06 09:25:13 (permalink)
Nereus

Looking at the EVGA YouTube video, release is obviously January 27th, and the video shows 3 circles which seems to infer the iCX version is launching on that date... so KingPin variants might be further down the line.

3 fans is the size of most 360mm or 420mm radiators. Not one GPU has had a circular fan shroud like that in the past, except for maybe the hybrid using aftermarket fans, and most GPUs don’t mount to the very top of a case.

I am hoping that EVGA is releasing an open air chassis, and with the timing of the video, which went live before the NVidia announcement and doesn’t line up with EVGA’s practice of abiding by NDA’s until after NVidia has made their announcements, it makes me believe that isn’t a GPU teaser, but maybe a hybrid cooler, AIO, or chassis teaser.
GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: 3090 TI LOOKING LIKE MONSTER 2022/01/06 10:11:18 (permalink)
Nereus

At first glance, I thought that was a air cooled chair for someone's bottom.

LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
gimeno
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 132
Re: 3090 TI LOOKING LIKE MONSTER 2022/01/07 08:40:39 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one
Nereus

3 fans is the size of most 360mm or 420mm radiators. Not one GPU has had a circular fan shroud like that in the past, except for maybe the hybrid using aftermarket fans, and most GPUs don’t mount to the very top of a case.

I am hoping that EVGA is releasing an open air chassis, and with the timing of the video, which went live before the NVidia announcement and doesn’t line up with EVGA’s practice of abiding by NDA’s until after NVidia has made their announcements, it makes me believe that isn’t a GPU teaser, but maybe a hybrid cooler, AIO, or chassis teaser.

I would love it if there were a better open-air chassis. Many today are poorly thought out and either too hefty, have stupid gimmicks that restrict airflow, are flimsy, have sharp edges, or have multiple sins.
gimeno
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 132
Re: 3090 TI LOOKING LIKE MONSTER 2022/01/07 09:06:47 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one
zippytek
still firmly in camp TEE EYE over here. if you want to say Tie make it Tie

They literally make it lol, and will continue to call it Ti because it stands for Titanium, meaning the first two letters would be pronounced exactly how they say it is pronounced. T.I. or T-I Would be pronounced as such, but you wouldn’t say T-I-tanium because it doesn’t make sense.

And I have always, and will probably always, call it T-I. Doesn’t change why they call it what they do.

Even Jensen Huang called them T-I at the 2080 Ti launch, and the 1080 Ti launch as well. My assumption would be that this was an employee preference.

From personal experience, I think this comes down to laziness on his part regarding how he communicates with spoken/written language.

I've always thought it reflects poorly on a company when they use someone who speaks lazily, uses slang, irregular acronyms, etc. to communicate as it distracts from what the audience should be focused on. 
gsrcrxsi
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 985
  • Ribbons : 5
Re: 3090 TI LOOKING LIKE MONSTER 2022/01/07 11:08:20 (permalink)
I just want to know if the 24GB memory will be configured in 24x 8Gbit (1GB) modules like the 3090, or in 12x 16Gbit (2GB) modules to give a 12-module config like the 3080Ti and keep all the memory on the front side for better cooling. that could make it worth it over the 3090.

Rig1: EPYC 7V12 | [4] RTX A4000
Rig2: EPYC 7B12 | [5] 3080Ti + [2] 2080Ti
Rig3: EPYC 7B12 | [6] 3070Ti + [2] 3060
Rig4: [2] EPYC 7742 | RTX A2000
Rig5: [2] EPYC 7642
Rig6: EPYC 7551 | [4] Titan V

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile