EVGA

2080 FTW3 (Non super) normal Vbios power limited to 50%, OC bios high temps!

Author
Deadpool9068
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/03/21 16:28:11 (permalink)
So I've only recently started messing with my Vbios switch as I totally forgot about it when I got the card. When I swapped to the OC bios I immediately noticed higher temperatures even though I read it was only supposed to change the fan curce I was expecting lower temps not higher.

Anyway I realized that my normal bios doesnt ever go past 51% power usage and starts throttling back and I was able to confirm this with HWINFO sensors running, the wattage never really went over 150 probably 120-140 average. OC bios was well over 200s I'd say around 220-240w average.

After switching to OC bios I noticed the temps were immediately higher and my power usage is in the 90s which is to be expected and I benchmarked superposition and my scores were drastically different with the OC bios. Also I have a Meshify C case with all fans slots filled and set to maximum with ambient temps around 70 to 72f and my gpu is approaching 76-78C. I know it's still technically in the safe range it's just far hotter than I expected this card to run and was wondering if this is normal?

This turns my pc into a space heater while playing the new COD Warzone thing.

Has anyone heard of this before?

1 Reply Related Threads

Deadpool9068
    • Total Posts : 4
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: 2080 FTW3 (Non super) normal Vbios power limited to 50%, OC bios high temps! 2020/03/21 21:58:54 (permalink)
    It seems like a fan firmware update helped the issue with the latest x1 update. It's back in the mid 60's range I guess it was that fan firmware update that was messing with the fan profiles maybe. Anyway leaving it in OC mode seems to allow it to draw full power so I guess it's fine.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile