EVGA

Helpful Reply1080ti ftw3 shipping date

Page: << < ..3132333435.. > >> Showing page 31 of 42
Author
DrTim
  • Total Posts : 44
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/09 01:31:07 (permalink)
Nope, no option for CC when ordering on the AU site. Only PP. Ordering from any other site would not allow to ship outside of that region.
Pet0r
  • Total Posts : 78
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/09 01:32:16 (permalink)
DrTim
Nope, no option for CC when ordering on the AU site. Only PP. Ordering from any other site would not allow to ship outside of that region.

I mean when you pay with Paypal, you select a credit card to use.  There's no CC option for EU either but Paypal billed my CC.  When it's telling you the cost in your local currency, there's a "hidden" option to force it to bill your Paypal payment card in the original currency instead. 
DrTim
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/09 01:33:25 (permalink)
Pet0r
DrTim

I mean when you pay with Paypal, you select a credit card to use.  There's no CC option for EU either but Paypal billed my CC.  When it's telling you the cost in your local currency, there's a "hidden" option to force it to bill your Paypal payment card in the original currency instead. 

Oh dam. You what? Where is that at?
Pet0r
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/09 01:35:57 (permalink)
DrTim
Pet0r
DrTim

So I haven't actually been billed yet, I just "pre-ordered", so I don't know if it's possible to do after you have pre-ordered but on the final payment, or whether it needs to be done when you first ordered the card.  But basically you click the amount it shows you in your local currency (or there's sometimes an option called "Other conversion options" near where it shows you the exchange rate), and then you can select "Bill me in the currency listed on the seller's invoice" (or something similar).  Then it doesn't convert the amount at all which is pretty nice if you have a no forex fee card.
DrTim
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/09 01:37:09 (permalink)
Pet0r
DrTim
Pet0r
DrTim

So I haven't actually been billed yet, I just "pre-ordered", so I don't know if it's possible to do after you have pre-ordered but on the final payment, or whether it needs to be done when you first ordered the card.  But basically you click the amount it shows you in your local currency (or there's sometimes an option called "Other conversion options" near where it shows you the exchange rate), and then you can select "Bill me in the currency listed on the seller's invoice" (or something similar).  Then it doesn't convert the amount at all which is pretty nice if you have a no forex fee card.

Cool, I'll look into that. 
Pet0r
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/09 01:41:03 (permalink)
DrTim
Pet0r
DrTim
Pet0r
DrTim

Cool, I'll look into that. 

Of course just make sure you know what your CC company charges in advance as quite a lot (at least here in the UK) charge a 2.99% foreign transaction fee, so while that is better than 3% on Paypal, it's just barely.  It's actually a great saving compared with the current prices because I'm locked in at €850 which should come out at around £720 for me as the final total, but the cheapest place you can pre-order the FTW3 anywhere other than the EVGA store is £799, with some stores being £829.
DrTim
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/09 01:43:15 (permalink)
Yea, I'll look into it for future Int'l transactions, as I'm pretty sure it's all gone through already with PP. But it's only an additional AUD$30. It still comes in at around 100-200 cheaper (at least) than the FTW3 from local Aus resellers.
TimStoll
  • Total Posts : 43
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/09 04:36:48 (permalink)
Still no billing from the EVGA EU Store... Support told me that the FTW3 will be shipped today... fingers crossed 
Pet0r
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/09 04:41:41 (permalink)
TimStoll
Still no billing from the EVGA EU Store... Support told me that the FTW3 will be shipped today... fingers crossed 

Watching my e-mail like a hawk here as well for payment for EU.  The guy above in AU mentioned he'd been asked to pay so hopefully we will in a few more hours.
juvir
  • Total Posts : 87
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/09 05:10:59 (permalink)
Hoping to see Amazon start shipping out today too.  Still about 4 more hours before they open here in the US.  We shall see...

Setup:
GPU(s): EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
CPU: Ryzen 7 1800x @4.02ghz
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VI Hero
Memory: Corsair Dominator 32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz 
Primary Storage: OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 P2, 80+ PLATINUM
CPU Cooling: Corsair H110i Extreme
Chassis: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
Primary Display: Viotek 34" 3440x1440 @100hz
Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma
Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma
skyda_Killer
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 140
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/09 05:14:35 (permalink)
blazin1414
juvir
skyda_Killer
GTXJackBauer
Ignotum

Seriously? lol

Welp, you can't please everyone, that's for sure.    He does seem confused on the shipping release dates, etc.

Explain how I'm "confused"  this particular card was released on the 1st May. It's now the nearly the 9th and no one in the UK/EU/AU has received any stock... why? because EVGA always prioritizes US orders. Even people who pre-ordered directly from EVGA (EU) have not received their FTW3 yet...  I'm not confused bud, I just don't like being fed lies from companies. There's no need to defend EVGA, they've handled the situation poorly. First it was lack of communication, then lies, then changing the estimated shipping dates. 

US based companies can get stock to US customers faster, just as ASUS (a Taiwan based company) can get to ASIA markets faster, etc.  It's not about prioritization, it's about localization.  And people call Americans entitled :D

LMAO, there's Americans complaining about missing out on the 1st May shipments then getting it shipped out on the 5th yet we (Australia) didn't get any info till a few days ago saying we weren't getting ours till the 10th (probably not even then) and we're paying more for the card XD so yeah Americans can be entitled.

pahaha this. Hypocrites the lot of them.

CPU: Intel i7 4790k @ 4.8ghz
MOBO: Asus Z97 PRO WIFI-AC
GPU: EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 
RAM/Memory: 16GB Kingston HyperX 1866Mhz 
HDD 1: 512GB Crucial SSD- OS
HDD 2: 4TB HGST- storage
HDD 3: 2TB Hitachi- more storage
PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA 850 G2
CASE: Corsair 760T (Arctic White)
juvir
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/09 05:17:23 (permalink)
skyda_Killer
blazin1414
juvir
skyda_Killer
GTXJackBauer
Ignotum

Seriously? lol

Welp, you can't please everyone, that's for sure.    He does seem confused on the shipping release dates, etc.

Explain how I'm "confused"  this particular card was released on the 1st May. It's now the nearly the 9th and no one in the UK/EU/AU has received any stock... why? because EVGA always prioritizes US orders. Even people who pre-ordered directly from EVGA (EU) have not received their FTW3 yet...  I'm not confused bud, I just don't like being fed lies from companies. There's no need to defend EVGA, they've handled the situation poorly. First it was lack of communication, then lies, then changing the estimated shipping dates. 

US based companies can get stock to US customers faster, just as ASUS (a Taiwan based company) can get to ASIA markets faster, etc.  It's not about prioritization, it's about localization.  And people call Americans entitled :D

LMAO, there's Americans complaining about missing out on the 1st May shipments then getting it shipped out on the 5th yet we (Australia) didn't get any info till a few days ago saying we weren't getting ours till the 10th (probably not even then) and we're paying more for the card XD so yeah Americans can be entitled.

That was my point, we're being called entitled, yet there's a European being even more entitled because there wasn't any in stock in the UK/EU/AU markets on the 1st.  Reading r important.

Setup:
TimStoll
  • Total Posts : 43
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/09 05:19:29 (permalink)
juvir
Hoping to see Amazon start shipping out today too.  Still about 4 more hours before they open here in the US.  We shall see...

kind of frustrating when probably even Amazon US is faster then EVGA in the EU/UK
juvir
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/09 05:21:08 (permalink)
TimStoll
juvir

kind of frustrating when probably even Amazon US is faster then EVGA in the EU/UK

Still comes down to localization though in that case.  They may have shipped to EVGA stores before retailers, in which case you'll get it before I will.  But Amazon HQ is 6 hours from EVGA HQ. 

Setup:
skyda_Killer
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 140
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/09 05:28:30 (permalink)
juvir
skyda_Killer
blazin1414
juvir
skyda_Killer
GTXJackBauer
Ignotum

Seriously? lol

That was my point, we're being called entitled, yet there's a European being even more entitled because there wasn't any in stock in the UK/EU/AU markets on the 1st.  Reading r important.

On my end, it's got nothing to do with being "entitled" bud. When a company takes pre-orders they should be up to the task of delivering. If not they shouldn't have taken so many orders in the first place. They've not only been slow at keeping up with their own orders but also slow at sending shipments to big online retailers. As I said before, it seems EVGA's manufacturing is preposterously slow. All the other big reputable brands like Asus, MSI, Zotac, and even Palit which isn't even that reputable have been able to keep up with demand, it's got nothing to do with localization either as you keep pointing out. It's simply just EVGA's sluggish manufacturing. 

CPU: Intel i7 4790k @ 4.8ghz
MOBO: Asus Z97 PRO WIFI-AC
GPU: EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 
RAM/Memory: 16GB Kingston HyperX 1866Mhz 
HDD 1: 512GB Crucial SSD- OS
HDD 2: 4TB HGST- storage
HDD 3: 2TB Hitachi- more storage
PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA 850 G2
CASE: Corsair 760T (Arctic White)
juvir
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/09 06:00:27 (permalink)
skyda_Killer
juvir
skyda_Killer
blazin1414
juvir
skyda_Killer
GTXJackBauer
Ignotum

Seriously? lol

On my end, it's got nothing to do with being "entitled" bud. When a company takes pre-orders they should be up to the task of delivering. If not they shouldn't have taken so many orders in the first place. They've not only been slow at keeping up with their own orders but also slow at sending shipments to big online retailers. As I said before, it seems EVGA's manufacturing is preposterously slow. All the other big reputable brands like Asus, MSI, Zotac, and even Palit which isn't even that reputable have been able to keep up with demand, it's got nothing to do with localization either as you keep pointing out. It's simply just EVGA's sluggish manufacturing. 

Palit = Taiwan
Zotac = Hong Kong
MSI = Taiwan
Asus = Taiwan
EVGA = US

There is quite a bit of "localization" involved when it comes to distribution involved after the manufacturing process.  Those other brands just happen to be more centralized to EU locations, whereas EVGA is located IN the US.  Please, research this before speaking on it again.

Setup:
RexSeraphim
  • Total Posts : 5
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/09 06:01:12 (permalink)
Newegg sent an email saying ETA has been updated to 5/10.
We will see.
JadenKatrell
  • Total Posts : 34
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/09 06:02:28 (permalink)
After the issues EVGA had with the 1080, I will happily accept quality over quantity. 

CPU: Intel i7 7700k @5.1ghz
GPU(s): EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3
Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus IX Code
Memory: Corsair Vengance RGB 32GB DDR4 @ 3000MHz 
Primary Storage: SAMSUNG 850 EVO M.2 2280 500GB
PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Grand TPG-1200M 1200W
CPU Cooling: NZXT Kraken X52
Chassis: Thermaltake Level 10 GT
Primary Display: Asus VG248QE 24" 144hz
Keyboard: RAZER Blackwidow Ultimate Gaming Elite
Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum RGB
Pet0r
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/09 06:05:01 (permalink)
juvir
Palit = Taiwan
Zotac = Hong Kong
MSI = Taiwan
Asus = Taiwan
EVGA = US

There is quite a bit of "localization" involved when it comes to distribution involved after the manufacturing process.  Those other brands just happen to be more centralized to EU locations, whereas EVGA is located IN the US.  Please, research this before speaking on it again.

While I agree with you that EVGA is clearly poised to be able to deliver cards to the US faster, the fact they are located in the US alone should mean they are acutely aware of the fact that they *cannot* managed to ship to EU/AU on the same day as the US and so simply should not quote the same day for estimates in the first place.  I am sure a lot of people in this thread would be a lot happier if they'd just said 10th May for EU/AU initially even if they were saying 1st May for US, they must have had a pretty good idea they were unlikely to be able to ship cards on the same dates inside and outside of the US.
juvir
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/09 06:05:38 (permalink)
JadenKatrell
After the issues EVGA had with the 1080, I will happily accept quality over quantity. 

Other than the 1080, honestly I have always preferred EVGA products.  They usually have the better produced product in the end, and it lasts longer.  I still have an old EVGA 9800GT in a machine the kids use, and it still runs beautifully.  I am willing to wait not only on the delayed launch, but on the delayed shipments.  I'm not sure why people are having kittens about this and whining like children.  If they truly have so many issues, why have they not truly lived up to their promises and canceled their pre-orders and ordered the lesser cards already available on the market?  Oh yeah... because they just want to whine

Setup:
juvir
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/09 06:06:58 (permalink)
Pet0r
juvir
Palit = Taiwan
Zotac = Hong Kong
MSI = Taiwan
Asus = Taiwan
EVGA = US

While I agree with you that EVGA is clearly poised to be able to deliver cards to the US faster, the fact they are located in the US alone should mean they are acutely aware of the fact that they *cannot* managed to ship to EU/AU on the same day as the US and so simply should not quote the same day for estimates in the first place.  I am sure a lot of people in this thread would be a lot happier if they'd just said 10th May for EU/AU initially even if they were saying 1st May for US, they must have had a pretty good idea they were unlikely to be able to ship cards on the same dates inside and outside of the US.

It's possible that the manufacturing plant ran into delays from suppliers that were unforseen.  Yes, the lack of communication was unfortunate, but i doubt it was planned to be different launch times.  Crap happens though, with all things.  Drink water, drive on.

Setup:
Pet0r
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/09 06:09:27 (permalink)
juvir
Pet0r
juvir
Palit = Taiwan
Zotac = Hong Kong
MSI = Taiwan
Asus = Taiwan
EVGA = US

It's possible that the manufacturing plant ran into delays from suppliers that were unforseen.  Yes, the lack of communication was unfortunate, but i doubt it was planned to be different launch times.  Crap happens though, with all things.  Drink water, drive on.

The lack of communication was really all I was annoyed about.  Personally I've never had an intention to cancel my pre-order even with the delay, and obviously it was disappointing but it's not the end of the world.  But EVGA in particular has done this previously from what I've seen here in the forum, mentioned same dates for US & RoW and then failed to deliver on the RoW dates.  I would think they'd be able to buy themselves a lot of good will in the future by just knocking the RoW estimated dates back a week or two.  That way they can probably meet the date and people are happy it doesn't overrun, and if they can deliver earlier, then great, people certainly aren't going to complain about that.
juvir
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/09 06:11:52 (permalink)
Pet0r
juvir
Pet0r
juvir
Palit = Taiwan
Zotac = Hong Kong
MSI = Taiwan
Asus = Taiwan
EVGA = US

The lack of communication was really all I was annoyed about.  Personally I've never had an intention to cancel my pre-order even with the delay, and obviously it was disappointing but it's not the end of the world.  But EVGA in particular has done this previously from what I've seen here in the forum, mentioned same dates for US & RoW and then failed to deliver on the RoW dates.  I would think they'd be able to buy themselves a lot of good will in the future by just knocking the RoW estimated dates back a week or two.  That way they can probably meet the date and people are happy it doesn't overrun, and if they can deliver earlier, then great, people certainly aren't going to complain about that.

The canceling pre-order comment wasn't directed, there have been plenty of people who have claimed as such on this thread though.  To 20 some odd pages later post about seeing their cards ship. 

Setup:
Pet0r
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/09 06:12:49 (permalink)
juvir

The canceling pre-order comment wasn't directed, there have been plenty of people who have claimed as such on this thread though.  To 20 some odd pages later post about seeing their cards ship. 

Oh I know it wasn't directed at me I just thought I'd mentioned it. 
juvir
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/09 06:16:52 (permalink)
This thread smells of reddit in a lot of places, and it's humorous to watch.  I'm happy to see people getting their cards shipped out, but the trolling is entertaining over my morning coffee.  I do enjoy getting to see news updates though. 

Setup:
Arsenic13
  • Total Posts : 60
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/09 06:22:28 (permalink)
Spoke to Amazon support and they had no updates, essentially telling me prior support mislead me. But if Juvir is right and shipments would go out when they open in a few hours, there's still hope?
juvir
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/09 06:28:40 (permalink)
Arsenic13
Spoke to Amazon support and they had no updates, essentially telling me prior support mislead me. But if Juvir is right and shipments would go out when they open in a few hours, there's still hope?

That's "if" they would ship today, they wouldn't even begin shipping them today for another 2 1/2 hours, when HQ opens (9am PST/12pm EST).  Support told me the same thing yesterday, that they didn't have any stock yet, and didn't know when it would arrive.  Amazon as a policy though does not tell customers when stock is going to arrive, so they aren't flooded with calls on that day. 

Setup:
Arsenic13
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/09 06:32:37 (permalink)
juvir
Arsenic13

That's "if" they would ship today, they wouldn't even begin shipping them today for another 2 1/2 hours, when HQ opens (9am PST/12pm EST).  Support told me the same thing yesterday, that they didn't have any stock yet, and didn't know when it would arrive.  Amazon as a policy though does not tell customers when stock is going to arrive, so they aren't flooded with calls on that day. 

Yeah, "if", which is what I'm hopeful for. Weird that I had two reps prior give stock updates. I guess some of them let it slip. Today's support person wouldn't budge but I got $10 off and another month of prime. That's cool.

I'll post back immediately if I get a shipping update. 
juvir
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/09 06:38:43 (permalink)
Arsenic13
juvir
Arsenic13

Yeah, "if", which is what I'm hopeful for. Weird that I had two reps prior give stock updates. I guess some of them let it slip. Today's support person wouldn't budge but I got $10 off and another month of prime. That's cool.

Or they lied to get you off the phone, which I have found more often than not.  They usually don't have access to stock updates so they don't let things slip.  Awesome you got free prime though!  I still only pay $80 a year, so they can't discount that any further for me, and they already upgraded it to free overnight shipping. 

Setup:
Arsenic13
Re: 1080ti ftw3 shipping date 2017/05/09 06:44:24 (permalink)
juvir
Arsenic13
juvir
Arsenic13

Or they lied to get you off the phone, which I have found more often than not.  They usually don't have access to stock updates so they don't let things slip.  Awesome you got free prime though!  I still only pay $80 a year, so they can't discount that any further for me, and they already upgraded it to free overnight shipping. 

No one lies on the internet D:

For a short window the other day I did see that the SC2 on Amazon (Sold by Amazon) was expected to be in stock today. This was on the product page, so MAYBE that applies to the whole EVGA line.

This waiting sucks. I've been on my 7970 for over a month 
Page: << < ..3132333435.. > >> Showing page 31 of 42
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile