EVGA

1080 Ti FTW3 LED Issues

Author
alphabr1vo
  • Total Posts : 16
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2017/05/25 17:40:47 (permalink)
I installed my 1080 Ti FTW3 a couple of days ago, and I noticed that when I have the LEDs set to pure white, the shade of white is noticeably different in the EVGA logo on the side, the EVGA logo on the backplate, and the LEDs in the fan area.  The EVGA logo on the side has a slight shade of purple to it (but is the closest to white); the EVGA logo on the backplate has a slight shade of yellow to it, and the LEDs in the fan area are a bluish green color.

Also, when the EVGA logo on the side and the fan LEDs are set to white, the GPU thermal sensor light (the one on the left with the "G") is overpowered by the bright light coming from the fan LED.  If I look at the thermal sensor light at any angle above straight on (completely level), the light basically looks like it is white.  All of the thermal sensor lights are very dim compared to the other LEDs on the card.

I have attached some photographs, but the differing shades of white and the thermal sensor light problem is much more apparent in-person. 

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile