1080 Hybrid RGB Issue

Author
david_morgan7
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/08/15 07:25:43 (permalink)
Hello everyone,

I'm having an issue with my RGB on my 1080 hybrid. The EVGA logo only lights up red and the hybrid lettering will work for the full spectrum. I know the LEDs aren't burnt out or anything because when booting up the computer, sometimes it will be other colors for about 10 seconds not necessarily matching the stable color of the hybrid lettering. Then when I get to my desktop and Precision XOC starts with LED Sync, the EVGA logo will go red and the hybrid logo will begin the rainbow lighting I have it set to. When going through the spectrum the EVGA logo will go on and off as if it's following the hybrid logo. Colors with no or little reds will not show up with anything. Anything made primarily by red will just be red in the spectrum.

I've tried rolling back the drivers, clean installing the drivers, uninstalling Precision XOC. If anyone has a fix for this let me know! I recently rebuilt the computer and it worked fine when I first powered it up and then after I put it to sleep one time it was messed up when I powered it back up
post edited by david_morgan7 - 2018/08/15 07:30:54

7 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31005
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: 1080 Hybrid RGB Issue 2018/08/15 07:30:47 (permalink)
    Which version of Precision XOC ?

Was it a "clean install" or did you "upgrade" -- change version 0f XOC

OS ?

Was it a "clean install" or did you "upgrade" the OS ?

Nvidia Driver version ?

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

david_morgan7
    Re: 1080 Hybrid RGB Issue 2018/08/15 07:51:18 (permalink)
    It worked normally for a couple days when I rebuilt and then just randomly happened one day. I had never had this issue with the old build that it was in.

For Precision XOC I uninstalled and then deleted any program files for it. It is currently the most up to date version.

Running Windows 10

The SSD was pulled from the old build and put into this build so no software was touched during the rebuild. Clean install of windows 10 when I first built the PC.

Nvidia driver 398.82
    post edited by david_morgan7 - 2018/08/15 07:53:27
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: 1080 Hybrid RGB Issue 2018/08/15 08:05:41 (permalink)
    My thread some time ago - last August --->  https://forums.evga.com/FindPost/2707514

(excerpt)

Color has been selected ----> NOTE: if your LED does Not Work, make sure it is Not set to Black

This works: Appearance LED --> "EVGA LOGO" set to (LED Visualizer) --> set "Backplate"  (Static ON ) & (Follow Badge Color) --> Only way "Logo" stays On

However on Second GPU ---> these turn off the "Logo LED" - (on second card only)

Static On -->kills Logo LED only --> Backplate fixed LED
         Rainbow --> kills Logo LED only --> Backplate Rainbow functions
         Breathing --> kills Logo LED --> NO Breathing Backplate fixed LED

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

david_morgan7
    Re: 1080 Hybrid RGB Issue 2018/08/15 08:11:39 (permalink)
    Thanks! I'll read through it when I get a chance to sit at my computer and try switching the settings. If it's not working after that I'll try a full power off and re-seating the GPU. I've tried it before but doesn't hurt to try again
    EVGATech_AdamB
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1930
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: 1080 Hybrid RGB Issue 2018/08/15 15:53:51 (permalink)
    Unless you have a CLC cooler too, then I would recommend adjusting the LEDs for your graphics card directly through the PrecisionXOC settings and not use the LED Sync function. The LED Sync function can be a bit off if there is not a CLC cooler installed. In general, I find less issues if I click on the settings wheel of PrecisionXOC > click on the "Appearance LED" tab > change the settings then click OK.

Like our service? Please provide feedback for us at the link HERE
    david_morgan7
    Re: 1080 Hybrid RGB Issue 2018/08/16 05:38:12 (permalink)
    I've tried adjusting it from the Appearance LED tab as well. Still no luck. I still haven't gotten the chance to mess around with it since I posted this. I'll give this another shot
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: 1080 Hybrid RGB Issue 2018/08/16 06:47:59 (permalink)
    Notice in my setup I had to experiment to find a combo that worked with one of my two, EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3 Hybrids

But they OC Very Well & are Rock stable --- was not sending either of these back

Thanks for the update

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile