Curecoin

Author
Spongebob28
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 317
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
2013/12/03 22:17:16 (permalink)
What are your thoughts on this topic from Standfords folding forums?--->https://foldingforum.org/...c.php?f=16&t=25254

The Curecoin Foundation is being built in fully legal manner, and we already have lawyers working on the paperwork to make Curecoin Foundation its own entity, which will be solely responsible for any loss that might occur. Meaning that if someone decides to sue someone because they did not get paid on a WU, then the only entity they can sue will be my foundation. This will protect Stanford and FAH from any problems.

Also, to put everyone at peace with the project, if it is determined that Curecoin is impossible to launch without adverse effects to FAH, then I will halt the project completely. Currently the Curecoin Dev team has many great devs, and investors all ready to make Curecoin a real innovation. This project has the aid of many CS experts. Recently someone trained in CS by NASA has expressed their desire to join the dev team . Expect good things.

I dont have much time to reply to all the posts on the forum curecoin.us , but my team will likely answer any questions in a timely manner. Feel free to read over the info there. Some of the info is outdated as the project is still making changes to ensure security of the system.

Thanks all for you interest and your time
CygnusXI--->http://curecoin.us/index.php?topic=4.0

12 Replies Related Threads

Sightbane
    • Total Posts : 7
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Curecoin 2013/12/04 05:03:21 (permalink)
    It has potential, but how there have been some great posts which share my concerns. How do you actually ensure the currency is secure and how do you determine a value for the currency as well as a myriad of other technical issues, like point scaling how are points distributed, how will "wallets" work and how do you ensure the coins are allocated to actual miners, what sort of authentication would you use to handle non unique usernames and how would that be secured against hacking attempts. Given that there large hacking issues with bitcoins and other digital currencies why would this not be a target for large unscrupulous farms to turn their crunching power at the authentication server or distribution point, hijacking the system and either destroying the value of the currency or crippling people trust in the system and having them opt out. Who will be responsible for determining the points / currency and what about work units, ho wil you deal with new cores, cores being taken down, projects being taken down, what about those stupid 2k value work units that cripple your efficiency.

So far all i have gotten from the "creators" of Curecoin is that its like bitcoins but for  what about cost breakdowns, who is investing, how about actual business specifics as well as some cryptology and security talk.

P.s. concerns aside i would love to see those idiotic bitcoin pools be turned towards actual research, or maybe they are actually decrypting national telecom infrastructure algorithms and the inventor just added the allure of a currency to get people to opt in so they could cripple a target nation in a similar fashion to stuxnet except think larger scale.
    planetclown
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1692
    • Ribbons : 15
    Re: Curecoin 2013/12/04 11:34:31 (permalink)
    Sounds like a similar idea that Ripple Labs (ripple.com) is currently doing with the IBM sponsored World Community Grid (WCG) project on the crunching side.  Basically, Ripple is "giving away" X amount of their XRP currency per day, which is then divvied out to the entire Ripple team based on how much each person crunched that day.  I don't know much about the technicalities behind Ripple and their business, backing, verification, security, etc.  BTW I found out about Ripple Labs from Punchy in this recent post.

WCG has some of the same concepts as FaH in that there are multiple projects (cores) under the umbrella of the main project.  The subprojects come and go as compute time is needed, with potentially different amounts of points awarded per task processed.  While there is a BOINC benchmarking process in place for WCG, the points system doesn't seem to have as much disparity and outcry as FaH does.  Maybe that's more due to FaH's QRB setup and k-factors assigned to each project?  There have been WCG projects that support GPU which have rewarded more PPD than CPU alone, however there aren't any that support GPUs at this time.

Both are interesting ideas, and at least find a potentially good use for some of the raw mining power being used every day.
    post edited by planetclown - 2013/12/04 12:08:07

EVGA Associates code: OLY2307BPM0MXZU Click for a discount on your next purchase from EVGA.com

Panther-X
    • Total Posts : 54
    Re: Curecoin 2013/12/04 13:40:08 (permalink)
    I do believe that it is a highly ambitious project and wish all the best to CygnusXI and hope that it sees the light of day

There are some pretty complex issues which have been raised up and it would be nice to see how those issues are resolved. Since there are a lot of great minds backing this project, I am awaiting for some official drafts/publications as to how those issues will be solved on a global scale, not limited to just one country/region. That's a rather significant undertaking and personally, I wouldn't mind how long the development takes as long as the final CureCoin meets... I mean, exceeds out expectations

Assuming that this project successfully takes off, it would be a game changer for F@H and eventually, other Humanitarian DC Projects too. No doubt that it would go down as a significant moment in computer history!

EDIT -> Cleared the confusion of CygnusXI and Spongebob28 which I had.
    post edited by Panther-X - 2013/12/06 18:22:31

Spongebob28
    iCX Member
    Re: Curecoin 2013/12/04 21:43:57 (permalink)
    I just want to know how folding points will translate over to curecoins and then over too dollars.

Spongebob28
    iCX Member
    Re: Curecoin 2013/12/05 20:14:36 (permalink)
    I've done some more digging on this topic.  First, you have to join team 224497. Then you must join a mining pool at http://cryptobullionpools.com.  They (curecoin) will pay you in FRK coins (FrankoCoin) for WU (Work Units) done in FAH.  You will also need a wallet app from http://frankos.org.  1 FRk = 0.00573883 BTC = 5.680064 USD.  Dated 12/5/2013.

So, what are your thoughts and should we invest????
    post edited by Spongebob28 - 2013/12/05 20:16:07

tank1023
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5366
    • Ribbons : 16
    Re: Curecoin 2013/12/05 20:46:22 (permalink)
    I read some of the links posted, man the whole bitcoin stuff has it's own language. I'm not sure how it all works but I may be interested at throwing a GPU at it just to see.

Folding whatever I can :o)     
    http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=67403

TheWolf
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3800
    • Ribbons : 9
    Re: Curecoin 2013/12/06 01:07:42 (permalink)

EVGA Affiliate Code ZHKWRJB9D4 My HeatWare 

Sightbaine
    • Total Posts : 7
    Re: Curecoin 2013/12/06 02:51:06 (permalink)
    I still wouldnt go near this project unless given the go ahead from stanford, and it seems this is really bitcoin mining but with another fake digital currency valued based off bitcoins /sigh
    Cygnus-XI
    • Total Posts : 4
    Re: Curecoin 2013/12/23 20:51:16 (permalink)
    Team Curecoin is currently looking for a fundraiser / fund matching source for the $5000+ USD we will be donating to the FAH servers soon. 

Please visit my forum at curecoin dot us

Currently the launch of curecoin is halted  waiting for the approval of prof Vijay Pande. In the mean time we are still paying people with small amounts of crypto currency to fold for team curecoin and get a preview of what the system will be like. 

Please review these topic to answer some of your questions

edit, as a new member I guess I can not share these links below, but my forum address curecoin dot us is already listed in this thread. 

- Breakdown of 10% dev budget, created to sulf sustain the system. 

- Getting start guide to earn cryptocoins while folding

To answer a few more 
    Q I already see posts of people dumping core 15 WUs to get core 17 WUs....
    A Yes I see where this could become a problem, but my understanding of the system is that core17 WU's are where the real research gets done now. Plus, there is many cpu folders on the team as well. 

Q Does anyone know who the founders really are in real life?
    A Yes, my gplus profile is public, my name is Joshua Smith, I reside in Michigan USA. 

Thanks for your time
    Joshua Smith AKA CygnusXI

post edited by Cygnus-XI - 2013/12/23 20:53:48
    zeta2q
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: Curecoin 2014/05/19 07:32:24 (permalink)
    Hi all longtime lurker here.  I saw on the Stanford folding forums that Curecoin has launched, so looks like it's a legit project after all.  I had a look on one of these bitcoin - Curecoin exchanges and the price is went down a lot but back up again.  Right now it's at 0.0019 per bitcoin and a bitcoin is at about $450. So doing that works out at about 85 cents per Curecoin.  I'm not sure how many you can earn though with a smallish rig as I've not tried it yet.  Wondering if anyone has had a go with it?  I'm intrigued. 

Thanks

Edit:  Oops sorry I didn't realize there were other threads about this as they didn't have Curecoin in the title and I missed them.  
    post edited by zeta2q - 2014/05/19 08:46:19
    dianadsouza
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: Curecoin 2017/09/04 03:00:51 (permalink)
    CureCoin is estimated to be bringing in a large number of people throughout the world into the cryptocurrency world.
    Read out here more: 
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31005
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Curecoin 2017/09/04 09:20:55 (permalink)
    dianadsouza ----> new members can not post links 

Not sure why you posted a commented in a thread that's been silent over 3 years  -- better to just create a new thread

Please read this thread ---> https://forums.evga.com/What-are-the-rules-regarding-bumping-old-threads-m2709413.aspx#2709416

Moving to Cryptocurrency section

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile