alligator attack at disney resort in fl

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
nateman_doo
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 11233
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 56
Re: alligator attack at disney resort in fl 2016/06/17 14:54:38 (permalink)
honestly this is heartbreaking.  Must not be many parents here, because some of the responses here are not what i expect (and my heart sinks reading them).  I have high opinions of most everyone here in the forum.  Please show some respect for the parents, (natural selection at work or not) they went on vacation and lost the most precious thing in the world to them.

Imagine being that poor boy.  Your wading in the water without a care in the world and some huge animal strikes and drags you under.  The speed and power of that animal are terrifying.  You feel pain like you have never felt in your life, and now your underwater, with your body broken by an alligator strike drowning in the murky depths with your parents meer feet away, wondering why your body isnt responding to your commands... wondering why mommy or daddy isnt saving you.  Children have no concept of how the animal kingdom really works, which is kill or be killed.

I am from Jersey, we dont have alligators.  That is not something that would even register on my radar.  We have cottonmouths and water moccasins, but not alligators.  I would keep my kid out of waters like that for fear of watersnakes, but not because of alligators.  Now I will learn from these people's mistake if I am ever in Florida by a body of water.  Disney has visitors from all over the world.  If they were from outside the US and do not know alligators are from Florida, then who's fault is it?  Since they were on Disney property I feel they should have signs.  We have signs by some lakes that say don't ice skate.  Thats certainly not something people in Florida need to worry about, but if they come up to Jersey it may be a hazard that is not on their radar.  

Please, don't poke fun when a child dies, Most of the time it's usually a parents failing.  That is the biggest fear in the world that any parent has. (except Casey Anthony... but that is a whole other ball of wax - she should be drug under by alligators) 
revenantx02
EGC Admin
  • Total Posts : 1457
  • Ribbons : 8
Re: alligator attack at disney resort in fl 2016/06/17 19:41:42 (permalink)
nateman_doo
honestly this is heartbreaking.  Must not be many parents here, because some of the responses here are not what i expect (and my heart sinks reading them).  I have high opinions of most everyone here in the forum.  Please show some respect for the parents, (natural selection at work or not) they went on vacation and lost the most precious thing in the world to them.

Imagine being that poor boy.  Your wading in the water without a care in the world and some huge animal strikes and drags you under.  The speed and power of that animal are terrifying.  You feel pain like you have never felt in your life, and now your underwater, with your body broken by an alligator strike drowning in the murky depths with your parents meer feet away, wondering why your body isnt responding to your commands... wondering why mommy or daddy isnt saving you.  Children have no concept of how the animal kingdom really works, which is kill or be killed.

I am from Jersey, we dont have alligators.  That is not something that would even register on my radar.  We have cottonmouths and water moccasins, but not alligators.  I would keep my kid out of waters like that for fear of watersnakes, but not because of alligators.  Now I will learn from these people's mistake if I am ever in Florida by a body of water.  Disney has visitors from all over the world.  If they were from outside the US and do not know alligators are from Florida, then who's fault is it?  Since they were on Disney property I feel they should have signs.  We have signs by some lakes that say don't ice skate.  Thats certainly not something people in Florida need to worry about, but if they come up to Jersey it may be a hazard that is not on their radar.  

Please, don't poke fun when a child dies, Most of the time it's usually a parents failing.  That is the biggest fear in the world that any parent has. (except Casey Anthony... but that is a whole other ball of wax - she should be drug under by alligators) 

I agree Nateman.

Hearing the story/article of this made me truly feel sad. I couldn't imagine how I would feel if it happened to my four year old daughter.

It is a terrible thing that happened.

atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 12753
  • Ribbons : 25
Re: alligator attack at disney resort in fl 2016/06/18 11:31:12 (permalink)
transdogmifier

Ignorance is no excuse. Litigation in this case is pure greed.

Edit out...this is simply a matter (to me) of common sense. I'm quite sure everyone knows that Alligators exist IN FLORIDA
and *ANY* large body of water, or indeed waterway, is potential habit for them. If you sue because you didn't bother to
follow "Do not swim in water" signs, you deserve to lose *AND* pay the litigation costs for Disney too.

The resort was ignorant after all

http://www.cnn.com/2016/0...-child-disney-florida/

Bruno747
atfrico
It is kind of strange to hear this type of news, but like most people who live in Florida, you either find snakes or alligators anywhere. If i was a lawyer i would have call the parents right away. The parents have a litigation case in here and a legit one, negligence is one i can come up with since they just posted a no swimming sign but fail to disclosed alligators present in the lagoon.

I hope your kidding, that kind of comment is just another example of how people in the US fail to take personal responsibility and have no common sense. They were in mid Florida next to a pond that obviously is not a pool with murky water. Anyone should assume it has alligators in it for their own safety. I'm tempted to change careers and become a judge just to throw cases like this out and give the counsel and plaintiff a strong talking to about common sense and personal responsibility. Especially in this case...failed to disclose alligators present? Would that have helped that 2 year old that couldn't read? Does disney need to start testing young children before they come in to make sure they understand a sign with an alligator on it means turn around and walk away? Maybe posting them 2-3' off the ground to get them right in the face of small children?

How carefully do I have to disclose every potential danger for idiots just to cover my rear and protect myself from their ignorance and outright stupidity?

In fact, now that I think about it, the US govt needs to provide every state with funds to put warnings every few feet of beach that there are sharks and stingrays and jellyfish and barracudas and all the other critters in the water capable of injuring people. Next shark attack victim should sue the city, county, state, and us govt according to the above logic.

Apparently my logic went to the right ears:  

http://www.nbcnews.com/ne...attack-florida-n594626

Those who abuse power, are nothing but scumbags! The challenge of power is how to use it and not abuse it. The abuse of power that seems to create the most unhappiness is when a person uses personal power to get ahead without regards to the welfare of others, people are obsessed with it. You can take a nice person and turn them into a slob, into an insane being, craving power, destroying anything that stands in their way.

Affiliate Code: 3T15O1S07G
bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
  • Total Posts : 38977
  • Ribbons : 282
Re: alligator attack at disney resort in fl 2016/06/18 11:38:57 (permalink)
Deleted
post edited by bcavnaugh - 2016/06/21 19:51:09

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

Bruno747
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3909
  • Ribbons : 5
Re: alligator attack at disney resort in fl 2016/06/18 15:06:59 (permalink)
atfrico

Be sure to let me know how well those alligator signs stop another two year old when the parent(s) take their eyes off him or her for a few moments.

X399 Designare EX, Threadripper 1950x, Overkill Water 560mm dual pass radiator. Heatkiller IV Block Dual 960 EVO 500gb Raid 0 bootable, Quad Channel 64gb DDR4 @ 2933/15-16-16-31, RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra, Corsair RM850x, Tower 900
atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 12753
Re: alligator attack at disney resort in fl 2016/06/19 06:55:58 (permalink)
Bruno747
atfrico

Be sure to let me know how well those alligator signs stop another two year old when the parent(s) take their eyes off him or her for a few moments.

Of course massa, i'll let you know the moment your common sense comes back to you

Those who abuse power, are nothing but scumbags! The challenge of power is how to use it and not abuse it. The abuse of power that seems to create the most unhappiness is when a person uses personal power to get ahead without regards to the welfare of others, people are obsessed with it. You can take a nice person and turn them into a slob, into an insane being, craving power, destroying anything that stands in their way.

Affiliate Code: 3T15O1S07G
bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
  • Total Posts : 38977
  • Ribbons : 282
Re: alligator attack at disney resort in fl 2016/06/19 09:11:28 (permalink)
Deleted
post edited by bcavnaugh - 2016/06/21 19:49:34

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

Brad_Hawthorne
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 23174
  • Ribbons : 39
Re: alligator attack at disney resort in fl 2016/06/19 12:56:24 (permalink)
The moment they put those signs up an alligator will eat someone on land around there. Then they'll sue because the sign only mentions water. Maybe they'll also sue the alligator because it didn't properly follow the instructions on the sign.
post edited by Brad_Hawthorne - 2016/06/19 12:58:31
knightsilver
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 9430
  • Ribbons : 14
Re: alligator attack at disney resort in fl 2016/06/19 16:17:04 (permalink)
Crap happens, dont push your luck, just because you're an educated dummy doesn't mean Mother Nature cant see you!
post edited by Scarlet-Tech - 2016/06/21 07:50:23
stalinx20
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4977
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: alligator attack at disney resort in fl 2016/06/21 01:06:24 (permalink)
nateman_doo
Children have no concept of how the animal kingdom really works, which is kill or be killed.

This is why parents need to supervise and be by their children at all times. Resort or no resort, Walmart or at Payless; watch your kids. I shouldn't need a sign to keep my children by me and to remind me to watch my children. It's sort of pathetic and insulting IMO. Please understand, I'm not trying to be disrespectful to anyone. Just speaking that if I were at an area I was unfamiliar with, my kids would be right at my side., and there would be nothing that would be needed to remind me to watch my kids, especially a sign.

Bruno747

This is what I'm getting at as well.

atfrico

Of course massa, i'll let you know the moment your common sense comes back to you

Everyone should have common sense in watching their kids; it's called taking precautions. you are never safe no matter where you are.

post edited by stalinx20 - 2016/06/21 01:39:01

EVGA X79 Dark
2080 Black edition
EVGA 1000 gold PSU (Gold)
4820K CPU
16x G-skill
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 14686
  • Ribbons : 38
Re: alligator attack at disney resort in fl 2016/06/21 07:25:28 (permalink)
The parents do need to keep an eye on their kids. That doesn't mean Disney is not liable for anything that happens on Disney property. They built the lagoon. They can't use the excuse it's a natural waterway, were not responsible for anything that happens.

Disney will need to make some changes to that man made lagoon if they want people to feel safe coming to that resort after this tragedy.

transdogmifier
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6116
  • Ribbons : 17
Re: alligator attack at disney resort in fl 2016/06/21 08:31:33 (permalink)
new sign in a doctors office at birth of babies:

"Caution: Life may cause death."

Just to be covered, you know...

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
Deepcool LT720
Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
Phanteks P500A Case

Chrome-M-Dragon
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 7806
  • Ribbons : 30
Re: alligator attack at disney resort in fl 2016/06/21 09:00:21 (permalink)
Poor kid... Parents need to take parenting classes and learn how to keep a better eye on their kids in the future. I'm in Ohio and I know there are gators in the waters, ALL waters. If I ever visit there I assume there are gators in any puddle of water. I went to cali aware there are sharks in the water and still made the decision to swim in the ocean.... If I seen my nieces anywhere near a puddle of water i'd get em away. Buggers (gators) can get anywhere they want. Regardless of signs, I agree, common sense comes in handy. As I was once told, Ignorance nor lack of knowledge is NOT an excuse. The parents know when they are not being parents. It's when they stopped watching their kid.

People are, well, only Human. We know that. The rule of law is borne out in identifying, condemning, and punishing those who violate the standards on which we all agree. This is exactly what we do in america. -James Inhofe

Use any of the codes below for a free hug and a high five! Much love to all you wonderful nerds!
Associate: 5L1LJB5JQ94H892 Affiliate Code: QRXQKO8ZJS

kaninja
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 8755
Re: alligator attack at disney resort in fl 2016/06/21 11:02:43 (permalink)
Parenting classes? Come on man. It is terrible what happened. An alligator ate their 2 year old at DISNEY LAND. How do you prepare for that. They were obviously watching if the Dad jumped in to try and save the child. Everyone can be a perfect armchair parent after the fact and point fingers at the parents. Sometimes terrible things happen in life. A wild creature killed this child at a theme park catering to children.....it's just sad.

Corsair 650D   -  i5 3570K @ 4.6GHz  -  Corsair H80i  -  MSI Z77 M-Power  -  16GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator Platinum
WD 1TB Caviar Black x2  -  OCZ 120GB Vertex2 SSD  -  Corsair HX620  -  GTX285 SSC  -  Samsung T240  -  DIR-655

stalinx20
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4977
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: alligator attack at disney resort in fl 2016/06/21 19:32:44 (permalink)
kaninja
Parenting classes? Come on man. It is terrible what happened. An alligator ate their 2 year old at DISNEY LAND. How do you prepare for that. They were obviously watching if the Dad jumped in to try and save the child. Everyone can be a perfect armchair parent after the fact and point fingers at the parents. Sometimes terrible things happen in life. A wild creature killed this child at a theme park catering to children.....it's just sad.

Sorry, I'm not sure if this was directed at me or not, because I said something totally like it. I'm not trying to blame anybody at all for this. It is very devastating, and especially at Disney World; that's a child's life playground.

I didn't watch the video or watch the news video, just the headline on here . Did the Dad jump in the water after the fact, "Hearing the splashes" as he saw his child go into the water? Or did he see the alligator coming and saw what was about to happen? Both questions have different outcomes. I was only stating that they should have had their child "closer" to them, especially around water.

EVGA X79 Dark
2080 Black edition
EVGA 1000 gold PSU (Gold)
4820K CPU
16x G-skill
evilmustang66
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1598
Re: alligator attack at disney resort in fl 2016/07/01 04:05:44 (permalink)
Disney removes all references of crocs and gators from it parks

http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=81289  

z97 evga z97 classy 32gb ddr3 corsair evga g2 1300 psu 1tb ssd etc x2 titan x 3sli with 980 hybrid coolers lian li pc desk

evilmustang66
FTW Member
Re: alligator attack at disney resort in fl 2016/07/01 04:05:46 (permalink)

z97 evga z97 classy 32gb ddr3 corsair evga g2 1300 psu 1tb ssd etc x2 titan x 3sli with 980 hybrid coolers lian li pc desk

evilmustang66
FTW Member
Re: alligator attack at disney resort in fl 2016/07/01 04:07:26 (permalink)

XrayMan
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 73000
  • Ribbons : 115
Re: alligator attack at disney resort in fl 2016/07/01 23:04:14 (permalink)

After 2-Year-Old's Death, Disney World Removes All References to Alligators and Crocodiles

https://www.yahoo.com/news/2-olds-death-disney-world-214000363.html

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: alligator attack at disney resort in fl 2016/07/01 23:10:26 (permalink)
Mustang didn't post a link, but he beat you by 19 hours, lol ;-)

evilmustang66

XrayMan

After 2-Year-Old's Death, Disney World Removes All References to Alligators and Crocodiles

XrayMan
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 73000
  • Ribbons : 115
Re: alligator attack at disney resort in fl 2016/07/01 23:20:31 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech
Mustang didn't post a link, but he beat you by 19 hours, lol ;-)

evilmustang66

XrayMan

Well then we can just say that I added the link for him.    ;)

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 14686
  • Ribbons : 38
Re: alligator attack at disney resort in fl 2016/07/02 09:13:35 (permalink)
evilmustang66

They can remove all references for crocs and gators they want, that won't stop them from being held libel, the next time someone kid is killed or hurt by crocs/alligators in Disney man made lagoon.

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile