2016/12/21 10:46:50 (permalink)
This past summer I had Upgraded my computer to the following:

EVGA X99 FTW K
2x EVGA 1080 FTW in SLI
EVGA 1000 PS PSU
(4x8GB) Ripsaw 4 DDR4 Ram
Intel 5930K CPU
Cooler Master HAF X Case
Western Digital 1TB hard drive (from my old build)

Running at stock specs, the computer ran perfectly fine for roughly 3 months without issue, then in October it would not boot up at all from either the case or mobo power buttons. I initially thought its was a PSU issue, so I had that RMA'd. The computer did end up turning on after it was replaced, but it did not solve the problem as any time the computer went into sleep mode or was shut off I could not get it to turn back on using either the case or mobo power buttons. The only solution I did find to get the computer to turn on was once the computer was turned off or in sleep mode turn off the PSU and wait an hour or 2 before turning the PSU back on and powering up the computer. EVGA tech support then decided that the mobo should be RMA'd. The replacement mobo ended up doing the exact same thing, so I took my computer to a repair shop where its been bench tested, GPU's, RAM and CPU swapped and tested, yet the mobo would just not power on consistently. The shop recommended I RMA that mobo as well. Now I'm on my 3rd mobo and the issue still persists. The tech at the shop believes there is a defect with the power button. Has anyone else had this issue or any recommendations because I'm at a complete loss and I just want a working computer.

Thanks

59 Replies Related Threads

GTXJackBauer
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10323
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 48
    Re: X99 FTW K not powering on consistantly 2016/12/21 10:49:55 (permalink)
    Running out of options here, it could be the case itself or a USB input from the case.  Could be bad wiring or what not.  Can't say from this end.  Do you have an extra case or at least try using the PC outside of a case?

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
    LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
    TheDude935
    • Total Posts : 22
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: X99 FTW K not powering on consistantly 2016/12/21 11:15:49 (permalink)
    When the issue first arose back in October, I was actually using an ANTEC 1200 case which was from my first computer. I ended up buying the Cooler Master around the time I had my first mobo RMA'd because I was having space issues. I'm not sure its a wiring issue because when the computer does turn on it runs perfectly fine and as far as I'm aware the computer was outside the case when bench tests were being done by the tech and they still had issues trying to get the mobo powered on using the power button on the mobo.

The tech initially though that one of my peripherals (webcam, wireless adapter, etc.) was causing a short and that's why is wasn't booting up, but when I took my computer home to test that theory, I couldn't get the computer on even with nothing plugged in. I'm also pretty sure the tech has checked the case as well for any shorts if I can remember correctly. I love EVGA, but this experience has left a really bad taste in my mouth and is costing me way more money than I ever intended on spending for a new computer.
    post edited by TheDude935 - 2016/12/21 11:23:29
    GTXJackBauer
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: X99 FTW K not powering on consistantly 2016/12/21 12:49:57 (permalink)
    It does seem like a short is causing this or a bad PSU or MB again.  I mean you can pin point the issue again if you have extra parts laying around.  It's possible the same part was sent back to you by accident or deliberate in many of ASUS's cases or so I hear. 

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
    LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
    HeavyHemi
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 15665
    • Ribbons : 135
    Re: X99 FTW K not powering on consistantly 2016/12/21 13:30:04 (permalink)
    TheDude935
    This past summer I had Upgraded my computer to the following:

EVGA X99 FTW K
    2x EVGA 1080 FTW in SLI
    EVGA 1000 PS PSU
    (4x8GB) Ripsaw 4 DDR4 Ram
    Intel 5930K CPU
    Cooler Master HAF X Case
    Western Digital 1TB hard drive (from my old build)

Running at stock specs, the computer ran perfectly fine for roughly 3 months without issue, then in October it would not boot up at all from either the case or mobo power buttons. I initially thought its was a PSU issue, so I had that RMA'd. The computer did end up turning on after it was replaced, but it did not solve the problem as any time the computer went into sleep mode or was shut off I could not get it to turn back on using either the case or mobo power buttons. The only solution I did find to get the computer to turn on was once the computer was turned off or in sleep mode turn off the PSU and wait an hour or 2 before turning the PSU back on and powering up the computer. EVGA tech support then decided that the mobo should be RMA'd. The replacement mobo ended up doing the exact same thing, so I took my computer to a repair shop where its been bench tested, GPU's, RAM and CPU swapped and tested, yet the mobo would just not power on consistently. The shop recommended I RMA that mobo as well. Now I'm on my 3rd mobo and the issue still persists. The tech at the shop believes there is a defect with the power button. Has anyone else had this issue or any recommendations because I'm at a complete loss and I just want a working computer.

Thanks

The only way to really resolve this is to remove the board from the case set it on a non-conductive surface, (cardboard works fine) and see if you can duplicate the problem. Start with only the CPU installed and the PSU connected to the 24 pin board connector and the 8 pin CPU power. That is all you should need to see if the system will power on. If it does, keep adding your peripherals, until you can duplicate it. If you cannot duplicate it outside of the case, something in your case is shorting the board. Check all the standoffs underneath the board. An E-ATX board, uses different standoffs, than the ones for a normal sized ATX board. Check the IO shield around the connectors on the rear of the board. Someone recently had a short in the USB 3.1 socket.

EVGA X99 FTWK / i7 6850K @ 4.5ghz / RTX 3080Ti FTW Ultra / 32GB Corsair LPX 3600mhz / Samsung 850Pro 256GB / Be Quiet BN516 Straight Power 12-1000w 80 Plus Platinum / Window 10 Pro

GarrettL
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 157
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: X99 FTW K not powering on consistantly 2016/12/21 15:00:52 (permalink)
    Have seen that some PSUs will trip a fail safe (sometimes from detecting an actual power issue, sometimes it is a false positive reading) but this will not reset until the power is fully drained from there unit; and this sometimes takes 10 minutes to a few hours. 

If you try the jumper test once the unit shuts down, before you disconnect the AC power, you might be able to replicate the issue. I do find it strange that the shop didn't swap out the PSU though when testing the system. You might want to verify that this was done since it should easily rule out one component or the other.

I don't know if bench testing it is completely necessary since you mentioned that it does work normally until you shut it down or put it to sleep (at least that's how I read it)

edit: I would add here to test with the jumper and let the unit run for a few minutes and then disconnect it to see if it also becomes unresponsive. If it is still detecting any voltage issue or enough fluctuations to trip the failsafe, then it would either be internal or related to the cable and we could also rule out the mobo.
    post edited by EVGATech_GarrettL - 2016/12/21 18:55:07
    HeavyHemi
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: X99 FTW K not powering on consistantly 2016/12/21 17:17:48 (permalink)
    EVGATech_GarrettL
    Have seen that some PSUs will trip a fail safe (sometimes from detecting an actual power issue, sometimes it is a false positive reading) but this will not reset until the power is fully drained from there unit; and this sometimes takes 10 minutes to a few hours. 

If you try the jumper test once the unit shuts down, before you disconnect the AC power, you might be able to replicate the issue. I do find it strange that the shop didn't swap out the PSU though when testing the system. You might want to verify that this was done since it should easily rule out one component or the other.

I don't know if bench testing it is completely necessary since you mentioned that it does work normally until you shut it down or put it to sleep (at least that's how I read it)

One of the first things he did was replace the PSU.

EVGA X99 FTWK / i7 6850K @ 4.5ghz / RTX 3080Ti FTW Ultra / 32GB Corsair LPX 3600mhz / Samsung 850Pro 256GB / Be Quiet BN516 Straight Power 12-1000w 80 Plus Platinum / Window 10 Pro

GarrettL
    EVGA Alumni
    Re: X99 FTW K not powering on consistantly 2016/12/21 18:51:27 (permalink)
    HeavyHemi

One of the first things he did was replace the PSU.

True, but it could be an issue with the 24 pin cable since we likely didn't replace that and hopefully the jumper test would help this (though it is pretty uncommon) since we at least know these wires have continuity. What color are the contacts on the cable?

If we've already swapped everything out it makes it pretty hard to isolate the issue, and I agree that it does appear to be mobo or PSU related since there really isn't much else to cause these symptoms but 3 boards and 2 PSUs in a row is more than I can swallow unless there is something happening with assembling the system (especially since everything has passed testing at this point from what I can see) or some very unlikely event is occurring.

What I would like to know before we get any further into obscure issues is what codes the board is actually reporting. Even though it's possible it could be the button on this particular board, I hardly ever see this issue, and this can easily be bypassed by using a jumper/screwdriver on the power button header to start it up. 

Honestly at this point, instead of wasting more time replacing units over and over since it doesn't seem to be going anywhere I would recommend getting this other tech involved (as much as I hate to suggest this) and having him switch out this PSU specifically as this would isolate the two primary suspects.
    TheDude935
    Re: X99 FTW K not powering on consistantly 2016/12/22 08:07:39 (permalink)
    Swapping the 24 and 8 pin connectors to the mobo, as well as the AC plug for the PSU is honestly the only thing I'm not sure the tech has done in testing (I will be calling later today to find that out, and if the mobo is repairable). As for post codes, I couldn't tell you what codes the mobo cycles though, but I can tell you that with the first and second mobo's, if I could get it to turn on the boot up process seemed completely normal. With the second mobo, in my attempts to trouble shoot the peripherals, I ended up getting a post code hangup on 68 which would prevent the computer from booting up. According to the manual this was PCI initialization. When I took it to the tech, he was able to fix it saying it was caused by a corrupted BIOS, but once that was fixed the computer would not power on consistently with either the case or mobo power buttons, just like with the first mobo. With the 3rd mobo, I brought it directly to the tech and what he has told me is that the mobo is simply not powering up consistently just like the previous 2 mobo's.

The only other thing I forgot to mention with the first 2 mobo's (not sure if it makes any difference or matters), is after the computer was shut down or put to sleep the power button on the mobo would only sometimes light up (from my understanding it should be solid green when the computer is not on). Regardless of whether the light was on or off though, if I didn't turn off the PSU and wait the computer would not power back on. The BIOS LED and 5SVD would also stay on when the computer was not turned on, so as far as I know, there was power running into the mobo.

Update: I Just talked to the tech, he will be swapping the PSU as well as 24 and 8 pin connectors, so I just gotta wait out and see what happens.
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31005
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: X99 FTW K not powering on consistantly 2016/12/23 18:30:57 (permalink)
    Instead of waiting hour(s) for the PSU capacitors to drain;  pull the plug and then press and hold the power button for about 8 to 10 seconds.

Yes, all modern MB have power even when the PC is "off"

Also, you should Never add or remove anything from the MB, unless you have unplugged the PC and allowed the PSU to discharge.

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

TheDude935
    Re: X99 FTW K not powering on consistantly 2016/12/27 09:40:22 (permalink)
    So after over a month in the repair shop, I'm finally getting my computer back. the tech did the swap outs but he said it made no difference. He did manage to get the computer to boot up consistently with one catch. Once the computer is off I have to wait at least 30 seconds before attempting to turn it on again or it wont boot up. (I'm not sure what he did to get that far, I will ask when I pick it up). I'm still really disappointed in the trouble and added expense the FTW K has caused me.
    GarrettL
    EVGA Alumni
    Re: X99 FTW K not powering on consistantly 2016/12/27 10:53:35 (permalink)
    This isn't unusual from what I've seen, though 30 seconds seems a bit longer than I would expect. The x58 FTW3 I use takes about that long, but my Micro2 is usually closer to 15-20 seconds (I haven't actually timed it precisely); I have never had any issues with it not booting outside of this.

Hopefully this is only limited to cold boots and hard restarts since I can't imagine having to wait 30 seconds every time I adjusted something in the BIOS (the overclocking nightmares....) 

Let us know what the tech says about his testing so we can all see what was going on 
    HeavyHemi
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: X99 FTW K not powering on consistantly 2016/12/27 15:28:11 (permalink)
    EVGATech_GarrettL
    This isn't unusual from what I've seen, though 30 seconds seems a bit longer than I would expect. The x58 FTW3 I use takes about that long, but my Micro2 is usually closer to 15-20 seconds (I haven't actually timed it precisely); I have never had any issues with it not booting outside of this.

Hopefully this is only limited to cold boots and hard restarts since I can't imagine having to wait 30 seconds every time I adjusted something in the BIOS (the overclocking nightmares....) 

Let us know what the tech says about his testing so we can all see what was going on 

I'd say a board that requires you wait 30 seconds after shutting it down prior to attempting a cold start is highly unusual.  I wonder is there is a short in one of the connectors on the case. Power button, reset audio...USB. Something isn't right based on it occurring on more than one board.

GarrettL
    EVGA Alumni
    Re: X99 FTW K not powering on consistantly 2016/12/27 15:40:50 (permalink)
    HeavyHemi

I'd say a board that requires you wait 30 seconds after shutting it down prior to attempting a cold start is highly unusual.  I wonder is there is a short in one of the connectors on the case. Power button, reset audio...USB. Something isn't right based on it occurring on more than one board.

That FTW3 is old and I have 5 different mismatched DIMMs  in it so I expect that Frankenboard to be slow, but I do agree that 30 seconds is a long time 

Idk if he's actually bench tested it, but he did mention swapping cases so I would expect that to rule out some of that stuff.
    HeavyHemi
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: X99 FTW K not powering on consistantly 2016/12/27 18:45:59 (permalink)
    EVGATech_GarrettL
    HeavyHemi

That FTW3 is old and I have 5 different mismatched DIMMs  in it so I expect that Frankenboard to be slow, but I do agree that 30 seconds is a long time 

Idk if he's actually bench tested it, but he did mention swapping cases so I would expect that to rule out some of that stuff.

True...I had to go back through and he has done some things with the case. Still, being on the third board with the same unusual restart issue, leads one to the conclusion that it is something added to the board hardware or peripheral. My  E758 board (both actually) used to hang prior to loading the BIOS for 15-20 seconds no matter what you had connected to it. Never had to wait in between cold boots though.

TheDude935
    Re: X99 FTW K not powering on consistantly 2016/12/27 20:49:31 (permalink)
    So I finally took my computer home today. I put the computer into sleep mode because the tech said there shouldn't be an issue. When I attempted to turn the computer back on it didn't boot up. I then tried the power button on the case and that didn't work either. So I then held the power button down to discharge the remaining power in the mobo and on the next attempt the computer turned on, but hung up on the X99 FTW K Screen with a post code of 64. I hit the reset on the case, and then the computer booted up properly. It seems with this mobo I can only have the computer either completely on or completely off. and sleep mode is completely out of the question now. As annoying as this is, its sadly an improvement from when I first brought my comp in for repair. The tech explained that in order to get it this stable he had to try out multiple BIOS drivers, and find the most stable and consistent one. I'm not sure which one he used because the store was about to close and was pretty hectic in there so he didn't get into specifics. He also mentioned he had to do some specific configuring for the BIOS, again, not sure on the specifics because of the time constraints. Hopefully the EVGA techs can maybe identify or replicate this issue and address it, but I am honestly extremely disappointed in this mobo. At this point I wish I could get a refund and go with a different brand or a free upgrade to the classified and attempt to give EVGA mobo's one last try. 

My previous computer ran a EVGA P55 Classified 200 and still run's flawlessly today (My brother is using my old comp). This still just absolutely blows my mind.
    post edited by TheDude935 - 2016/12/27 21:25:14
    GTXJackBauer
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: X99 FTW K not powering on consistantly 2016/12/27 22:00:38 (permalink)
    Don't be too disappointed since custom computer building can have its own problematic territory.  I went flawless for years until a blowout but dealt with it and all is fine now.  With not too much info from the tech, not sure exactly what he's done which then limits my recommendations.  

When I looked up your MB's manual, this is what came up.

This tell's me it's possibly related to your CPU and MB's CPU socket.  Are you sure the CPU's been swapped for another or is the original CPU being used?
    post edited by GTXJackBauer - 2016/12/27 22:03:40

LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
    TheDude935
    Re: X99 FTW K not powering on consistantly 2016/12/28 05:22:33 (permalink)
    Well Im back to having to use my phone. Turned off my computer last night. Tried to turn it on this morning and nothing. Even if I hold the power button down to discharge the mobo and try again it won't power on. I also turned off the psu for a couple hours and when I turned it back on I got hung up on post code 68. A normal reset doesn't work (I would have to reset the CMOS) and If I turn off the computer I can't get it back on without turning off the psu and waiting. Mad doesn't even begin to describe how I'm feeling right now.

To recap, this is everything I know that's been done to troubleshoot this issue and at best the tech was only able to power the computer on consistently, but required a 30 second wait from the time the computer turned off before he could turn it back on. This was achieved by downgrading the BIOS. However, that didn't work at all once I got my computer home.

-RMA'd PSU
    -RMA'd 2 MOBO's
    -Swapped RAM, CPU, GPU, PSU with different models and was tested
    -Swapped the 24 and 8 pin power cables to the MOBO
    -Upgraded and downgraded the BIOS
    -Tested the case for any faulty wiring/grounds and ensured the standoffs were sufficient
    -Tested all of the above with the MOBO outside the case

My build consists of:
    -EVGA X99 FTW K
    -2x EVGA 1080 FTW in SLI
    -EVGA 1000 PS PSU
    -(4x8GB) Ripsaw 4 DDR4 Ram
    -Intel 5930K CPU
    -Cooler Master HAF X Case
    -Western Digital 1TB hard drive
    -Corsair Hydro Series H100i V2
    -Asus 24x DVD Burner
    -Asus 24" Monitor (DVI connected)
    -ACER 24" Monitor (HDMI connected)

Peripherals Connected:
    -XBox 1 Elite Controller
    -Logictech 910C Webcam
    -Seagate 1TB Portable External Hard Drive
    -Rosewill Duel Band Wireless AC1200 Adapter
    -Logitech G400 Mouse
    -Microsoft PS/2 Wired Keyboard
    -Logitech S-220 17 Watt speaker system

Outside of RMAing the PSU and MOBO again. I am completely out of ideas on what is causing this issue and what can be done to solve it.
    post edited by TheDude935 - 2016/12/28 08:47:30
    arestavo
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6916
    • Ribbons : 76
    Re: X99 FTW K not powering on consistantly 2016/12/28 11:13:08 (permalink)
    Any chance that you have a buddy that would loan you their (compatible) RAM and CPU?

If not the RAM, then just a CPU and test one stick of RAM at a time with only the video card installed and only a keyboard and mouse plugged in (no USB hubs either)?

If no CPU or RAM can be lent, have you tried a minimal setup to see if that works consistently? Only a boot drive plugged in, only a single GPU plugged in the PCIE slots (no other PCIE devices), only a keyboard and mouse in the USB 2 ports (no hubs), only 1 stick of RAM. Load Optimal Defaults in BIOS and save. If that works consistently for booting, add one thing back at a time and test each and every thing you add on one at a time.
    post edited by arestavo - 2016/12/28 11:17:10
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49168
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: X99 FTW K not powering on consistantly 2016/12/28 12:39:02 (permalink)
    I'd be trying a completely different board at this point.
    HeavyHemi
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: X99 FTW K not powering on consistantly 2016/12/28 13:25:12 (permalink)
    Sajin

Strange issue. The odds of three boards exhibiting the same identical error mode, astronomical given this is the only report I've seen of this particular error. I have the same board. This is something in common with all three board assemblies that is causing this issue. Which is why I would take it down to the bare essentials of CPU and power. Then keep adding hardware until you can replicate the issue.

TheDude935
    Re: X99 FTW K not powering on consistantly 2016/12/28 13:48:41 (permalink)
    arestavo
    Any chance that you have a buddy that would loan you their (compatible) RAM and CPU?

If not the RAM, then just a CPU and test one stick of RAM at a time with only the video card installed and only a keyboard and mouse plugged in (no USB hubs either)?

If no CPU or RAM can be lent, have you tried a minimal setup to see if that works consistently? Only a boot drive plugged in, only a single GPU plugged in the PCIE slots (no other PCIE devices), only a keyboard and mouse in the USB 2 ports (no hubs), only 1 stick of RAM. Load Optimal Defaults in BIOS and save. If that works consistently for booting, add one thing back at a time and test each and every thing you add on one at a time.

All done by the computer repair tech, made no difference
    GTXJackBauer
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: X99 FTW K not powering on consistantly 2016/12/28 13:51:40 (permalink)
    Make sure you go down back to bare minimums as everyone has echo'd and go from there.  You do have lots of things going on in that system so anything is possible at this point.

Edit:  We must've posted at the same time OP.  I would personally swap with another CPU.  I highly doubt it would be a MB issue after a 3rd time.

LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
    TheDude935
    Re: X99 FTW K not powering on consistantly 2016/12/29 10:11:36 (permalink)
    HeavyHemi
    Sajin

Strange issue. The odds of three boards exhibiting the same identical error mode, astronomical given this is the only report I've seen of this particular error. I have the same board. This is something in common with all three board assemblies that is causing this issue. Which is why I would take it down to the bare essentials of CPU and power. Then keep adding hardware until you can replicate the issue.

I was able to replicate the issue with virtually nothing plugged in. I'm thinking there is a flaw in the batch of MOBO's because all the MOBO's I've recieved the serial number's weren't too far off from each other and we've literally tested everything that could be tested
    HeavyHemi
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: X99 FTW K not powering on consistantly 2016/12/29 12:52:09 (permalink)
    TheDude935
    HeavyHemi
    Sajin

I was able to replicate the issue with virtually nothing plugged in. I'm thinking there is a flaw in the batch of MOBO's because all the MOBO's I've recieved the serial number's weren't too far off from each other and we've literally tested everything that could be tested

I'd say that is pretty unlikely. By virtually nothing, what do you mean? You can test this by having only the 24 pin, the 8 pin CPU power and just the CPU installed. No memory, no hard drives, no keyboard. Nothing but power and CPU. It if STILL does it, then it is probably your CPU.

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49168
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: X99 FTW K not powering on consistantly 2016/12/29 13:05:12 (permalink)
    I highly doubt this is cpu related if the OP is able to use the computer all day without any problems.
    GTXJackBauer
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: X99 FTW K not powering on consistantly 2016/12/29 13:06:31 (permalink)
    And let me throw this in there in case it hasn't been done.  Hold the little red button down for a few seconds to reset the BIOS to default just in case.

LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
    HeavyHemi
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: X99 FTW K not powering on consistantly 2016/12/29 14:25:04 (permalink)
    Sajin
    I highly doubt this is cpu related if the OP is able to use the computer all day without any problems.

Well, do you doubt it more than three motherboards having the exact same cold boot issue? We are down to only a few common items being in play. If he takes the board down to just power and CPU, what else is left? I've actually had an issue similar to this where it was the CPU causing a 'double pump' during a cold boot. It ran perfectly fine other than that. These unusual problems always boil down to a process of elimination.

TheDude935
    Re: X99 FTW K not powering on consistantly 2016/12/29 15:42:55 (permalink)
    HeavyHemi
    Sajin

Well, do you doubt it more than three motherboards having the exact same cold boot issue? We are down to only a few common items being in play. If he takes the board down to just power and CPU, what else is left? I've actually had an issue similar to this where it was the CPU causing a 'double pump' during a cold boot. It ran perfectly fine other than that. These unusual problems always boil down to a process of elimination.

I had my CPU swapped out with a completely different one in the shop, and boot up issue still continued
    HeavyHemi
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: X99 FTW K not powering on consistantly 2016/12/29 17:09:30 (permalink)
    TheDude935
    HeavyHemi
    Sajin

I had my CPU swapped out with a completely different one in the shop, and boot up issue still continued

Okay. So we are left with what other things are still in common for all three boards. Have you taken the board down to just CPU and power? No drives, no keyboard, no memory, display etc etc...nothing else plugged in at all.

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile