AnsweredTitan X and 980 hybrid cooler official thread

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 2 of 28
Author
Avenger411
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 632
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2015/04/26 06:17:03 (permalink)
Hey

Thank you very much for your time and patience MJS. I have all the info i need to make a clear decision. I think this thread is going to benefit a bunch of people. Just saw your previous post about the pump. I should really stop cross reading -_-

Thanks again

Max
Greasy Bacon
  • Total Posts : 6
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2015/04/26 10:14:43 (permalink)
Hello everyone! I've been looking very deeply into this topic as of recently as I want to have a AIO setup myself, one for GPU and CPU while keeping load sound quiet (for convenience and smaller amount of space in my itx case).

So lets take a look at these pictures shall we?

So what do we got here?
It's a Japanese OEM that used a Asetek aio cooler (i'm assuming) because of the angle of the pump where the tubes come out are identical to .
The reason why this image is significant is because it's still using the reference cooler to cool the VRAM, dimms, etc.

They've done it to both Titan X and EVGA 980 If that's so, the brackets must be similar right? I don't know for sure, but I feel like they are since the reference cooler is practically the same.

Now lets take a look at the Titan X with the shroud take off as well as only the main GPU heat sink.

The pictures of the Titan X were posted on the guru3d review here: 

Now this is why I'm curious wanting to know if that AIO cooler from EVGA can fit on a titan x as is, because the only thing stopping it would be that top plate for the liquid tubes (and possibly fittings as well, but i can't be sure, cause i haven't tried it).

So why go with the EVGA solution instead of just getting the Asetek one? The EVGA has the fan header and pump all incoperated and powered within the card. Simple as that. I don't have to plug my fans and pump into the motherboard and the EVGA solution will simplify all of that, hence boosting my curiosity to see if it works (unless of course the Asetek 740n does this as well).

I'd be curious to see anyone that has access to the EVGA hybrid kit can try to fit it onto any reference style cooler with any success. I'd be curious to find out. 
CoercionShaman
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1788
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2015/04/26 10:43:48 (permalink)
The problem is you would be modifying the shroud to accommodate the lines.  With the EVGA, you can simply use the 980 shroud with the cutouts.  If you modify the shroud on the Titan, I don't think you can RMA the card.

Someone with more knowledge please chime in.

What use is knowledge if there is no understanding?~Stobaeus
Greasy Bacon
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2015/04/26 11:51:24 (permalink)
Yes you would need to modify the shroud, I don't know anything about the warranty depending on that. However, you can probably orientate it to the left instead of up like the Japanese OEM did. The mounting bracket seems perfectly square so you can probably rotate it. and mount it a different direction. There's a little hole where they put the tubes through, not sure if it came off via screws or through modifying the shroud.
bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
  • Total Posts : 38977
  • Ribbons : 282
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2015/04/26 12:07:23 (permalink)
Greasy Bacon
Yes you would need to modify the shroud, I don't know anything about the warranty depending on that. However, you can probably orientate it to the left instead of up like the Japanese OEM did. The mounting bracket seems perfectly square so you can probably rotate it. and mount it a different direction. There's a little hole where they put the tubes through, not sure if it came off via screws or through modifying the shroud.

Do you by chance have an image or a link to the Japanese OEM version?
I think at this point the HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Part Number: 400-HY-H980-B1  has proven its self as a great AIO Cooler.

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

Greasy Bacon
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2015/04/26 12:15:43 (permalink)
bcavnaugh

(I'm being prevented from linking due to spam prevention to link anything)
Anywho you can look up "Japanese OEM replace GTX Titan X" and probably find it.

The japanese OEM is simply a company that sells computers that builds computer's mind you, the AIO cooler is from Asetek I believe. the "Asetek 740n" is my guess. 

bcavnaugh

I think at this point the  Part Number: 400-HY-H980-B1  has proven its self as a great AIO Cooler.

Also yes, I agree. I want the 980 hybrid to work for these because I ultimately interested in buying the 980 hybrid. But what if I can use that cooler and mount it on future reference coolers? 

Anywho, the whole point of this is that the 980 hybrid kit might work with a Titan X. But I don't know for sure.
post edited by Greasy Bacon - 2015/04/26 12:20:31
mjs85
  • Total Posts : 24
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2015/04/26 12:28:46 (permalink)
There is also an option to not use any shroud. It would not look too great but VRM and memory cooling may be even better (standard EVGA plastic shroud prevents blower from blowing at that heatsink part on rear of the card). On the other hand EVGA shroud should be compatible with future reference coolers based on NVTTM design, you just need to accept that it says you have an old GTX980 ;)

BTW The great thing about EVGA Hybrid is that it uses smaller copper base which perfectly fits GPU with no need to remove MEM/VRM cooling part. To do so with AIO designed primary for CPU you need an additional copper shim that obviously increses thermal resistance.
post edited by mjs85 - 2015/04/26 12:44:41
Avenger411
SSC Member
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2015/04/26 13:48:34 (permalink)
Greasy Bacon
bcavnaugh

The japanese OEM is simply a company that sells computers that builds computer's mind you, the AIO cooler is from Asetek I believe. the "Asetek 740n" is my guess. 

bcavnaugh

I think at this point the  Part Number: 400-HY-H980-B1  has proven its self as a great AIO Cooler.

Also yes, I agree. I want the 980 hybrid to work for these because I ultimately interested in buying the 980 hybrid. But what if I can use that cooler and mount it on future reference coolers? 

Anywho, the whole point of this is that the 980 hybrid kit might work with a Titan X. But I don't know for sure.

Hey

At this point it would be really nice if somebody with a titan X and a hybrid AiO came here and told us, here guys that how it looks etc and talk about fitting... EVGA_Jacob said it fitted and he didn't mention anything else about it so my guess is that it all fits well beside that the shroud says 980 :D. If i end up using this shroud, i'll just paint it another color (heat resistant paint) like all black or all green dunno. If i ever do it i'll post pics etc here.

Max
bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2015/04/26 13:57:32 (permalink)
mjs85
There is also an option to not use any shroud. It would not look too great but VRM and memory cooling may be even better (standard EVGA plastic shroud prevents blower from blowing at that heatsink part on rear of the card). On the other hand EVGA shroud should be compatible with future reference coolers based on NVTTM design, you just need to accept that it says you have an old GTX980 ;)

BTW The great thing about EVGA Hybrid is that it uses smaller copper base which perfectly fits GPU with no need to remove MEM/VRM cooling part. To do so with AIO designed primary for CPU you need an additional copper shim that obviously increses thermal resistance.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/338100-japanese-oem-replace-gtx-titan-x-heatsink-for-aio-liquid-cooler-with-noctua-fans/
But that is not the OEM Company that is doing it, I would like a link to the OEM Company for the real deal and not hear say web sites.

bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2015/04/26 14:01:01 (permalink)
Avenger411
Greasy Bacon
bcavnaugh

bcavnaugh

Hey

At this point it would be really nice if somebody with a titan X and a hybrid AiO came here and told us, here guys that how it looks etc and talk about fitting... EVGA_Jacob said it fitted and he didn't mention anything else about it so my guess is that it all fits well beside that the shroud says 980 :D. If i end up using this shroud, i'll just paint it another color (heat resistant paint) like all black or all green dunno. If i ever do it i'll post pics etc here.

Max

If and when you do yours do some before and after images.
I hope that you are going to do some kind of custom paint job on the shroud that will look Awesome!

Greasy Bacon
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2015/04/26 14:26:57 (permalink)
The very first link in that Linus forum post has the link for it.

And yes, If I were to re-purpose that EVGA cooler on another card, i'd definitely customize the shroud!
post edited by Greasy Bacon - 2015/04/26 14:31:20
Avenger411
SSC Member
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2015/04/26 14:59:42 (permalink)
Hey

i had already seen the japanese version which i find awesome and i don't know why nvidia haven't got this first. They're probably keeping it locked and tight until we see some competition from amd and then BAM slam the market with the Titan X Ultra Watercooled. Anywho, can't find stock for the 980 Hybrid Cooler, amazon and ncix are all out. Will have to wait -_______-

Max
CoercionShaman
FTW Member
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2015/04/26 15:15:38 (permalink)
Avenger411
Greasy Bacon
bcavnaugh

bcavnaugh

Hey

Max

There are photos of the AIO coolers on Titan X in the thread for HYBRID! already.

Avenger411
SSC Member
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2015/04/26 16:05:13 (permalink)
Hey

yes that i know, but i might be the first to get a pro paint job on it :) still think about the design. Plus will the paint restrict heat dissipation ?

Max
CoercionShaman
FTW Member
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2015/04/26 16:15:32 (permalink)
Avenger411
Hey

i had already seen the japanese version which i find awesome and i don't know why nvidia haven't got this first. They're probably keeping it locked and tight until we see some competition from amd and then BAM slam the market with the Titan X Ultra Watercooled. Anywho, can't find stock for the 980 Hybrid Cooler, amazon and ncix are all out. Will have to wait -_______-

Max

I agree.  I was just talking about this in another thread, actually.  Maybe at that point we could pick up an official kit with a preformed shroud.

Greasy Bacon
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2015/04/27 10:15:43 (permalink)
I really hope a kit like this can somehow be universal to all future nvidia cards. That'd be really sweet to be able to use a hybrid setup for each new card you get down the line
CoercionShaman
FTW Member
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2015/04/27 10:38:33 (permalink)
Greasy Bacon
I really hope a kit like this can somehow be universal to all future nvidia cards. That'd be really sweet to be able to use a hybrid setup for each new card you get down the line

The AIO coolers still have a lifespan to consider.  They aren't infallible by any means.

bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2015/04/27 11:02:25 (permalink)
CoercionShaman
Greasy Bacon

The AIO coolers still have a lifespan to consider.  They aren't infallible by any means.

No Computer Hardware is infallible or to common user "never failing; always effective" So your point is not really Valid.
I have a Warranty Period: Extended Warranty 10 Years on my card.
post edited by bcavnaugh - 2015/04/27 11:05:24

CoercionShaman
FTW Member
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2015/04/27 11:42:14 (permalink)
bcavnaugh
CoercionShaman
Greasy Bacon

No Computer Hardware is infallible or to common user "never failing; always effective" So your point is not really Valid.
I have a Warranty Period: Extended Warranty 10 Years on my card.

My comment was, as I stated, in regard to the AIO coolers having a lifespan.  If one was intending to reuse the cooler because it was universal, it can only perform for so long.  I never mentioned the graphics card.

My point was quite valid.

Avenger411
SSC Member
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2015/04/27 13:35:58 (permalink)
No need for shenanigans in this thread. BTW any EVGA employe care to comment on an update to a possible TITAN X hybrid cooler version AND ETA on 980 hybrid cooler?

That would be supa dupa sweet!

Max
EVGA_JacobF
EVGA Alumni
  • Total Posts : 16946
  • Ribbons : 26
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2015/04/27 13:46:32 (permalink)
The existing Hybrid cooler fits perfectly fine on a TITAN X, even the shroud fits, it just says GTX 980 on it.

Regarding an "official" Hybrid cooler for TITANX, this is something in the works.

EVGA_JacobF
EVGA Alumni
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2015/04/27 15:59:38 (permalink)

Nitemare3219
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 797
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2015/04/27 16:07:54 (permalink)
Not showing in stock :/. Called and apparently already out of stock? I checked within a minute of getting the email and you posting on the forums. Gahhh.
post edited by Nitemare3219 - 2015/04/27 16:15:45

MSI X570 Tomahawk | Ryzen 5800X | Samsung 980 Pro | 32GB Trident Z Neo | RTX 3090
 Obsidian 5000D | SuperNOVA 1000 P2 | 48" C1 4K LG OLED | Naga | G915 TKL | Sennheiser HD 800 S | Grace m9XX
EVGA_JacobF
EVGA Alumni
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2015/04/27 16:13:54 (permalink)
Going back up in a few minutes...

EVGA_JacobF
EVGA Alumni
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2015/04/27 16:19:28 (permalink)
Ok its back, sorry about that!

Nitemare3219
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 797
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2015/04/27 16:29:40 (permalink)
Snagged two, thankfully. Rep said there was decent stock... get 'em while you can guys!

Jacob, is the TITAN X version going to be functionally different at all? Or just a new shroud. I'd hate to buy a "worse" cooler than intended for my card.

MSI X570 Tomahawk | Ryzen 5800X | Samsung 980 Pro | 32GB Trident Z Neo | RTX 3090
 Obsidian 5000D | SuperNOVA 1000 P2 | 48" C1 4K LG OLED | Naga | G915 TKL | Sennheiser HD 800 S | Grace m9XX
EVGA_JacobF
EVGA Alumni
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2015/04/27 16:32:02 (permalink)
Just a new shroud.

CoercionShaman
FTW Member
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2015/04/27 16:36:31 (permalink)
Then I guess I wait for the Titan set up.  In the time it took me to get home and log in it is already gone anyway.

These are quite popular.

EVGA_JacobF
EVGA Alumni
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2015/04/27 16:37:30 (permalink)
Well that went rather quick... more are on the way to other etailers right now.
post edited by EVGA_JacobF - 2015/04/27 16:40:10

Avenger411
SSC Member
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2015/04/27 16:45:33 (permalink)
Jesus i saw the freakin mail and went there and it was already out GOD DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.

Max :(
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 2 of 28
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile