EVGA

AnsweredTitan X and 980 hybrid cooler official thread

Page: << < ..262728 Showing page 28 of 28
Author
neel7
  • Total Posts : 22
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2016/01/09 11:22:48 (permalink)
chizow
voozers

Whoa that looks sweet!!!

Just a few more questions, did you have to cut or modify the shroud in any way outside of removing the glass/acrylic? Also did you end up using a Corsair cooler (like Shadow Yuna) or just the EVGA hybrid cooler?

Thanks!  Yeah I'm really happy with the results, the big Air 540 window is the reason I was so happy to come across Shadow Yuna's mod because I didn't want to give up the awesome ref cooler's looks for much better cooling. 

I didn't have to modify the shroud at all, just remove the acrylic and set aside the 4 screws.  Remove the vapor chamber block and set it aside.  You will need to remove most of the shroud for ease of installation the first time then its really just assembling it like a sandwich and taking some care. 

1) Thread the copper block through the space occupied by the acrylic cover, by turning the block sideways and threading it through.  Connect all the power cables.  Try to route so they don't get caught on the stock fan.
2) The tubes on the block/pump should face the "front" of the card, the side with the display outputs (opposite of the fan) and lay on top of the "Titan" embossed logo instead of the "top" of the card as you would use with the provided shroud.  Leave this shroud loose until you secure the pump/block to the card.
3) carefully secure the pump to the shroud, securing the screws alternately and diagonally just a few torques at a time.  This is to ensure you have good contact with the GPU die.  Once fully secure pull the shroud down.  It will take a little bit of force and will have a little tension but I've seen no adverse affects of it.

I didn't use a Corsair cooler but if you have one that would be ideal since they come off the block at a 90 degree angle instead of coming off horizontally like the EVGA.  I know ShadowYuna and some others have complained the EVGA block is noisy, but both of mine don't have any problems with noise. 

If you have a reference GM200 card, the AIO is the way to go imo, the ability to run this card 30-40C lower under load while being much quieter is simply amazing.  Oh, also, the concern for mounting these AIO are a bit overstated imo.  I just set those on top of each other, they are not secured at all.  There's enough weight and tension to hold them perfectly in place against the front intake 140mm fans. 

1) Will this work on my reference Nvidia Gtx 970 gpu?  (Looks exactly like the reference gtx 980 & 980Ti's but I don't have the knowledge to know if it's the same build inside of it).
2) Can i use a Corsair H100i with it or I must use something else?
3) If it does work with the h100i, do i need some sort of special bracket to make it fit inside the bracket of the gpu?
4) Do I make the pipes come out the middle where the acrylic window of the gpu is? or from somewhere else?I'm very confused about this part as there have been multiple ways shows and describes on this thread/forum.
5) Any modification I need to do?

Thanks!
darksideautosports
  • Total Posts : 7
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2016/01/10 13:20:59 (permalink)
Hey everybody. I recently purchase two of the evga hybrid coolers. One for my 980 to and one for a 780. I got the first one installed with my reference cooler intact like some of the other guys here have done. I like the reference cooler much better than the evga one. I removed the plexi window to route the hoses and cables through. I really had to put some force on the hoses and the cover to slide it back in to place. I did not plug the unit in to the stock fan connector on the gpu. I made an adapter that powers the pump off a 12v molex and the I put a corsair sp120 fan on the rad and its plugged in to my corsair commander mini fan controller. Both the gpu fan and the pump fan have custom curves so they barely ramp up until about 60°c. Peak temps on the gpu are 62-63°c. I have an infrared thermometer and the backside of the board where the vram are located reach about 140-145°f at the hottest point. Now that everything is kosher I'm going to do the same thing on my 780.
darksideautosports
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2016/01/10 13:41:51 (permalink)
neel7
chizow
voozers

Whoa that looks sweet!!!

Just a few more questions, did you have to cut or modify the shroud in any way outside of removing the glass/acrylic? Also did you end up using a Corsair cooler (like Shadow Yuna) or just the EVGA hybrid cooler?

Thanks!  Yeah I'm really happy with the results, the big Air 540 window is the reason I was so happy to come across Shadow Yuna's mod because I didn't want to give up the awesome ref cooler's looks for much better cooling. 

I didn't have to modify the shroud at all, just remove the acrylic and set aside the 4 screws.  Remove the vapor chamber block and set it aside.  You will need to remove most of the shroud for ease of installation the first time then its really just assembling it like a sandwich and taking some care. 

1) Thread the copper block through the space occupied by the acrylic cover, by turning the block sideways and threading it through.  Connect all the power cables.  Try to route so they don't get caught on the stock fan.
2) The tubes on the block/pump should face the "front" of the card, the side with the display outputs (opposite of the fan) and lay on top of the "Titan" embossed logo instead of the "top" of the card as you would use with the provided shroud.  Leave this shroud loose until you secure the pump/block to the card.
3) carefully secure the pump to the shroud, securing the screws alternately and diagonally just a few torques at a time.  This is to ensure you have good contact with the GPU die.  Once fully secure pull the shroud down.  It will take a little bit of force and will have a little tension but I've seen no adverse affects of it.

I didn't use a Corsair cooler but if you have one that would be ideal since they come off the block at a 90 degree angle instead of coming off horizontally like the EVGA.  I know ShadowYuna and some others have complained the EVGA block is noisy, but both of mine don't have any problems with noise. 

If you have a reference GM200 card, the AIO is the way to go imo, the ability to run this card 30-40C lower under load while being much quieter is simply amazing.  Oh, also, the concern for mounting these AIO are a bit overstated imo.  I just set those on top of each other, they are not secured at all.  There's enough weight and tension to hold them perfectly in place against the front intake 140mm fans. 

1) Will this work on my reference Nvidia Gtx 970 gpu?  (Looks exactly like the reference gtx 980 & 980Ti's but I don't have the knowledge to know if it's the same build inside of it).
2) Can i use a Corsair H100i with it or I must use something else?
3) If it does work with the h100i, do i need some sort of special bracket to make it fit inside the bracket of the gpu?
4) Do I make the pipes come out the middle where the acrylic window of the gpu is? or from somewhere else?I'm very confused about this part as there have been multiple ways shows and describes on this thread/forum.
5) Any modification I need to do?

Thanks!

I wouldn't recommend buying the hybrid cooler if you want to use an h100 with it. The evga unit is perfectly adequate. If you want to use the h100 I would recommend that you buy the nzxt g10 kit and just cut the mounting plate down to fit inside the reference cover. Another problem is the evga unit has a different copper plate with a thicker pad on it. To use the h100 you'd have to swap that copper plate and that might not go over well with fluid and air bubbles and what not. Best to just stick with the evga unit and cover or evga unit with modded reference cover or remove everything and install nzxt g10 bracket with h100.
CoercionShaman
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1788
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2016/01/11 09:00:23 (permalink)
So, is yours showing a high temperature causing it to run at the high RPM?  Or is it running at a high RPM but showing a 'normal' temperature?

Anything like this?

http://forums.evga.com/FindPost/2429522

What use is knowledge if there is no understanding?~Stobaeus
cmoney408
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 150
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2016/03/03 11:16:53 (permalink)
evga should sell the evga velcro straps. i want some more. but it would only make sense if they offered usps shipping along with them. since paying UPS prices for dollar items is crazy.
ikjadoon
  • Total Posts : 8
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2016/07/24 12:11:26 (permalink)
Sorry to bump this thread. Just curious: will these AIOs work if we get GTX 1080 or 1070 cards? Or, this one isn't compatible and we need to buy the new AIO that's specifically designed for the GTX 1070/1080? I know it's better to buy that one, but if we already have this one...
SemTeX-67
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2016/08/03 02:41:06 (permalink)
The hybrid-cooler of the 980Ti / Titan will also fit on a GTX 1070 / 1080.

Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" Retina (Early 2015) | 16GB DDR3-1866 | PCIe-SSD 256GB
Workstation: Intel Core i7-6800K | EVGA X99 Micro2 | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FE | Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Cougar CMD 600 | LG 34UM95-P | PHANTEKS Evolv mATX
Heimnetz: Sophos UTM 425 | HP ProCurve 1810G-24 | Synology RT1900ac | Synology DS1815+ | APC Smart-UPS 750 RM + AP9617 Network Management Card

ikjadoon
  • Total Posts : 8
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2016/08/03 12:19:03 (permalink)
Thanks, mate. :)
djimty
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2016/08/30 02:06:28 (permalink)
Hi guys,

I hope I can pick your brains. I'm thinking of purchasing a AIO Cooler for my Reference 980 SC which always hits 80c under load and something I wish to lower to a reasonable level.

What do you guys recommend? I was initially looking at the EVGA Hybrid but I read somewhere it does not cool the VRM? And the Corsair n980 unit does not have the best of reviews.

Forgive me for the noobish questions but any help in the right direction will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
post edited by djimty - 2016/08/30 02:34:48
cmoney408
Superclocked Member
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2016/08/30 09:18:04 (permalink)
djimty
Hi guys,

I hope I can pick your brains. I'm thinking of purchasing a AIO Cooler for my Reference 980 SC which always hits 80c under load and something I wish to lower to a reasonable level.

What do you guys recommend? I was initially looking at the EVGA Hybrid but I read somewhere it does not cool the VRM? And the Corsair n980 unit does not have the best of reviews.

Forgive me for the noobish questions but any help in the right direction will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

get the hybrid cooler. there are three "different" models. one for the 980, the 980ti and the titan. but they are all the same, as in, they all will fit. the only difference will be what the shroud looks like. so you can go for matching, the one that looks better, or whichever you find cheapest. i found 2 titan x hybrid coolers for $80 bucks on craigslist and stuck them on my 980ti's.

they work in conjunction with the stock reference blower (they dont replace it). so, when you open msi afterburner or evga precesion x, you can now adjust the fan to never go beyond 45% or even lower. i just set it to 45 since its the highest setting where i cant hear it. but i have ran it at 20% as well (without OC). at this point the blower fan is only there to cool vrm, so it doesnt need to be running passed 45% anyways. 

the fan connected to the rad is controlled by the card, you cannot control it with afterburner/precision. i read on forums that the rad fan is set to run at 100% all the time. though, its not loud at all.

if you want to take it an extra step, replace the stock rad fan with a higher quality noctua nf-f12 (made for rads), then connect the noctua directly to your mobo. you can then control it manually. i usually have it run at like 30% when just browsing the web/movies. then i use fan software (asus ai suite fan expert) to set it to 100% before i game. 
Dr.Death
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1011
  • Ribbons : 9
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2016/08/30 15:28:51 (permalink)
sad thing is these cards aint that old but yet evga don't sell them  anymore ??      don't know if the 10 series kit would work  ?  looks all the same  but maybe the shroud  ?  [evga wound respond on any of that  series cross fitting  out side it your own risk to try  ??]  some  900 hybrid kits are still listed on there EU site ?? 

I just hate to have to go ebay for that myself 

cmoney408
Superclocked Member
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2016/08/30 15:44:56 (permalink)
i believe it will fit. i have seen multiple threads where people put 900 series coolers on 1000 series gpu's. so as far as the block fitting on a stock reference (FE) card that will work. though, you may need to modify the stock shroud as a worst case scenario.
Dr.Death
FTW Member
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2016/08/31 08:08:52 (permalink)
I recll seeing all that as well but asked here and got the you try it at own risk  so evga is not going to back that up  it seems  ??    I just don't get why they dropped the correct 900 coolers  so soon/quickly  from there store  ??   a few asked why on that  as well   maybe evga just washed there hands of any 900 series   so you better feell to buy the new 10 series  [then you wonder if they will get dropped as fast when the next series comes out ?? ]   or wht still available in the EU but not in the U.S.A store  ??

listed but no add to cart ?

http://eu.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=400-HY-0996-B1
cmoney408
Superclocked Member
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2016/08/31 08:30:45 (permalink)
they always do that with last years accessories. i remember joking last year, forget stocks, buy as many evga accessories as you can when their cheap, you will sometimes quadruple your money on ebay a year later. 
djimty
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2016/08/31 08:39:05 (permalink)
cmoney408
djimty
Hi guys,

Thanks,

get the hybrid cooler. there are three "different" models. one for the 980, the 980ti and the titan. but they are all the same, as in, they all will fit. the only difference will be what the shroud looks like. so you can go for matching, the one that looks better, or whichever you find cheapest. i found 2 titan x hybrid coolers for $80 bucks on craigslist and stuck them on my 980ti's.

they work in conjunction with the stock reference blower (they dont replace it). so, when you open msi afterburner or evga precesion x, you can now adjust the fan to never go beyond 45% or even lower. i just set it to 45 since its the highest setting where i cant hear it. but i have ran it at 20% as well (without OC). at this point the blower fan is only there to cool vrm, so it doesnt need to be running passed 45% anyways. 

the fan connected to the rad is controlled by the card, you cannot control it with afterburner/precision. i read on forums that the rad fan is set to run at 100% all the time. though, its not loud at all.

if you want to take it an extra step, replace the stock rad fan with a higher quality noctua nf-f12 (made for rads), then connect the noctua directly to your mobo. you can then control it manually. i usually have it run at like 30% when just browsing the web/movies. then i use fan software (asus ai suite fan expert) to set it to 100% before i game. 

I've gone ahead with your recommendation and purchased the EVGA Hybrid Cooler from the EVGA EU store, unfortunately I could not find any stores in the UK that is stocking them so I may have to wait a while for delivery.

I've also purchased the Corsair ML120 LED Red to replace the stock fan mainly because I have a red theme going on in the case, I would have gone with the Noctua fan colours would have have clashed.
djimty
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2016/09/02 04:27:18 (permalink)
Are EVGA EU really that slow is responding to emails? My order is still 'pending' after two days. I'm worried they may not have it in stock so may have to grab the Corsair Unit instead.
Dr.Death
FTW Member
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2016/09/02 07:54:38 (permalink)
well in that link from the EU  site on the parts  there listed but theres no add to card  tab ?    maybe that means there gone and not for sale but just not removed the page ??

maybe just stuck with the corsair  solution  for the hybrid set up ? same parts used on the MSI seahawk [ ?? ]

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/hydro-series-hg10-n980-gpu-liquid-cooling-bracket

seems they don't mind keeping them in stock and ready to buy ??
post edited by Dr.Death - 2016/09/02 08:26:18
MontNoir
  • Total Posts : 100
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2016/09/05 11:41:30 (permalink)
I'm sure its been asked before, but any thermal and acoustic differences between the "turbine" (or "blower") fan vs the propeller blade of the 980 Ti Hybrid? Some reviews show the former and retail outlets show the later?

vs

Mont Blanc 2.0: i7 6700K, GA-Z170X-Gaming G1, Thermaltake View 71 Blk (diy Snow Ed.), EVGA 1300G2, Corsair H105, 13x Corsair SP120L PWM fans
Dr.Death
FTW Member
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2016/09/05 16:56:41 (permalink)
 well as far as I know the blower type is older first revision  of the card   the fan type in the latest    unless there selling some old stock cards   you should get the fan blade type with the new led shroud  ??    

the newer led shroud type does have a ''improved '' cooling plate in it  ??   theres a thread here that shows the 2    and you can see that difference .    i'll see if I can dig that up

well how bout this  ?/

''Can you spot the difference? You can see that they've added pins to the heatsink plate and changed the fan''

https://hardforum.com/threads/new-evga-980-ti-hybrid-revision.1892483/

I got the  led shroud model  and seems nice to me  ?   I don't see more noise the my old air card at its fans at  temp ?? then my ears may not be as good as a 20 year old  anymore ?? maybe luck of the draw ?    I average 46c max   I got a  screen shot of running valley and gpu-z render test at the same time and looped it 3 or 4 times  page 2 ?

http://forums.evga.com/GTX-980ti-Hybrid-70c-m2522976-p2.aspx

so far I feel I got a little better then I expected  , so I'm happy with that 
post edited by Dr.Death - 2016/09/05 17:08:19
djimty
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2016/09/10 03:05:28 (permalink)
Well the wait (just over a week) was worth it. Got it yesterday and installed right-away. Removed the stock fan with a Corsair ML120 and connected the fan to my NZXT Grid+. Idles around 31c which is not bad. Fired up Witcher 3 where I used to get 80c under full load and now i'm getting 42c under full load. I am shocked to say the least! I wasn't expecting that much of a drop. Very very impressed with the Hybrid. Only issue I have now is the ML120 is creating some sort of 'whining' noise and the stock fan is a bit too loud for my liking so I'm going to try the Noctua NF-F12 after work. All in all very happy and impressed with the product, I should have bought this sooner!
Page: << < ..262728 Showing page 28 of 28
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile