AnsweredFallout 4

Page: << < ..7677787980.. > >> Showing page 80 of 89
Author
Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 13061
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 34
Re: Fallout 4 2016/09/11 09:46:41 (permalink)
Dukman
Last playthrough I had multiple settlements  with 30+ whiners... I mean settlers.    Keep in mind, Im modded and it was one of my mods making that possible.   If I recall correctly, the typical settlement max should be your charisma +10.  So max would be 21.    Not sure if that's changed due to the DLC's.

God mode?   That's no fun.   

I like dying over and over and over and over and over and over and over because I stumbled across a bunch of supermutant Overlords packing 20mm cannons.

Zuhl, I envision something a bit less... imposing and more sprawling for my Spectacle Island Fortress of Duk.     Im still working on Vault 88.  The main part, whiner quarters and what not are done.  Just adding the rest of the infrastructure.

I can't get the hang of that Vault building mode. I did get a nice group of beds in a decent sized module I attached to a set of stairs just down the slope from where Granny the Overseer sits. Other than that small project, I can't figure out how to snap the modules together. I keep remembering what the other Vaults looked like on the inside and there is no way I can build something as large and complex as that no matter how hard I tried. I already had a bunch of new settlers just standing around under some basketball hoop staring into space. Too bad I can't find them a basketball just to see if they know what to do with one or if they're any good. I could start my very own "Commonwealth Basketball League" and play some road games against the "Raider Basketball League". Think of all the caps I can make scalping tickets for these events.

Dukman
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1478
  • Ribbons : 6
Re: Fallout 4 2016/09/11 09:56:48 (permalink)
It took me a few tries before I got the hang of it.     Plus there are parts and pieces that you see in the other vaults that aren't available and vice versa.   

I need to expand out a bit more to add a hydroponics bay.   People keep insisting that they want to eat.

Heatware

whiskers54
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1688
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: Fallout 4 2016/09/11 10:14:31 (permalink)
Zuhl3156
Tee-hee-heeee! That's my secret weapon. You take no damage and you use no ammo. You still use Fusion Cores in your Power Armor though. Just hit the tilde key, '~', then type tgm and hit [Enter] then hit the tilde key again to exit the Console. Now you are back in the game, out of the Console, and unbeatable.  

Based on the stat numbers I saw that come with "God mode" I can see why you would be unbeatable. What I want to know is while in this mode can you disable it or is it a 1 and done and forever present? I enjoy the regular play with no assistance other than the mod to expand the settlement cap.
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/09/11 10:17:28 (permalink)
Dukman
Last playthrough I had multiple settlements  with 30+ whiners... I mean settlers.    Keep in mind, Im modded and it was one of my mods making that possible.   If I recall correctly, the typical settlement max should be your charisma +10.  So max would be 21.    Not sure if that's changed due to the DLC's.

I like dying over and over and over and over and over and over and over because I stumbled across a bunch of supermutant Overlords packing 20mm cannons.

Zuhl, I envision something a bit less... imposing and more sprawling for my Spectacle Island Fortress of Duk.     Im still working on Vault 88.  The main part, whiner quarters and what not are done.  Just adding the rest of the infrastructure.

Did you bottle them?  

What specific mod is it that you have that allows for the increase in settlement population? Also, does it play nice with that other mod you told me about? 

Note: I'm referring to the settlement cap mod. No others installed at this time.
post edited by whiskers54 - 2016/09/11 10:22:46
Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Fallout 4 2016/09/11 10:18:32 (permalink)
Dukman
It took me a few tries before I got the hang of it.     Plus there are parts and pieces that you see in the other vaults that aren't available and vice versa.   

I need to expand out a bit more to add a hydroponics bay.   People keep insisting that they want to eat.

I put some dirt plots down and planted some of those Mutfruit trees. I haven't looked at all of the options for building this Vault but a hydroponics lab would make a lot of settlers happy. I am positive that they just ate yesterday. I hope they're not going to make a habit out of this eating nonsense.
Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Fallout 4 2016/09/11 10:23:30 (permalink)
whiskers54

Based on the stat numbers I saw that come with "God mode" I can see why you would be unbeatable. What I want to know is while in this mode can you disable it or is it a 1 and done and forever present? I enjoy the regular play with no assistance other than the mod to expand the settlement cap.

You can go in and out of God Mode anytime you want. There is another console command that comes in handy when you get stuck between a chair and a desk. It is called tcl for 'toggle collision'. If you get stuck just use 'tcl' to disable collision and when you are free use 'tcl' again to enable collision. tgm stands for 'toggle god mode'. You can 'toggle' in and out whenever you want.
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/09/11 10:29:26 (permalink)
Zuhl3156
whiskers54

You can go in and out of God Mode anytime you want. There is another console command that comes in handy when you get stuck between a chair and a desk. It is called tcl for 'toggle collision'. If you get stuck just use 'tcl' to disable collision and when you are free use 'tcl' again to enable collision. tgm stands for 'toggle god mode'. You can 'toggle' in and out whenever you want.

Have you noticed a high population in your settlements when in "God Mode"?

Also, is this mode stable?
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/09/11 10:31:27 (permalink)
Do you also lose the ring that comes with "God Mode" when leaving this mod?

Dukman
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1478
  • Ribbons : 6
Re: Fallout 4 2016/09/11 11:32:45 (permalink)
whiskers54
Dukman

Did you bottle them?  

What specific mod is it that you have that allows for the increase in settlement population? Also, does it play nice with that other mod you told me about? 

Note: I'm referring to the settlement cap mod. No others installed at this time.

The beauty with that cap mod is that that there isn't anything that conflicts with it.   

I can't remember what mod it was.  I know it was one of the settlement mods I was running back then.  

I think that the mod that allowed for more settlers is/was Build High. It expands the buildable/scrappable areas of certain settlements But I no longer use the mod as it hasn't been supported in months, so without someone going in to update it, the newer settlements are not addressed.

Heatware

Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Fallout 4 2016/09/12 08:19:11 (permalink)
I thought one of you complained about some update or patch earlier this week. I just opened Steam on my backup/Folding exclusive PC and I didn't get any updates or patches for Fallout 4. This is an identical System Image I extracted from my main PC last week and I just got it up and running a few days ago. When exactly did you get this problem causing update?

I got a real stumper on my hands here. If either of you or anyone else has ever seen this and has a fix for it let me know. It's not causing any problems, it's just some kind of a 'ghost' image stuck in my Steam app. It's even on this PC that only has a single 980 ti Classified. If you look closely you'll see my clock rates, voltage and temps from my dual 980 PC. It only appears in my Games Library panel.

whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/09/12 10:25:20 (permalink)
Zuhl3156
I thought one of you complained about some update or patch earlier this week. I just opened Steam on my backup/Folding exclusive PC and I didn't get any updates or patches for Fallout 4. This is an identical System Image I extracted from my main PC last week and I just got it up and running a few days ago. When exactly did you get this problem causing update?

I got a real stumper on my hands here. If either of you or anyone else has ever seen this and has a fix for it let me know. It's not causing any problems, it's just some kind of a 'ghost' image stuck in my Steam app. It's even on this PC that only has a single 980 ti Classified. If you look closely you'll see my clock rates, voltage and temps from my dual 980 PC. It only appears in my Games Library panel.

I saw something regarding "ghosting" but did not follow it through. The download I was referring to was a lag issue but that's not to say that it may also cause ghosting. It may depend on your system and how it is configured. If you haven't done so, I would power that system completely down, then press the power button to start it up. You may have to redo your Steam download to insure you didn't get anything to corrupt it.

I do know that when on the Fallout 4 selection in your library there will be some screen shots of it in the back ground. Maybe this is causing an issue also.
Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Fallout 4 2016/09/12 13:49:19 (permalink)
whiskers54

I saw something regarding "ghosting" but did not follow it through. The download I was referring to was a lag issue but that's not to say that it may also cause ghosting. It may depend on your system and how it is configured. If you haven't done so, I would power that system completely down, then press the power button to start it up. You may have to redo your Steam download to insure you didn't get anything to corrupt it.

I do know that when on the Fallout 4 selection in your library there will be some screen shots of it in the back ground. Maybe this is causing an issue also.

Yep, you nailed it with the Screenshot ghosting through the Steam Client. I had to restart Steam after I deleted the copies. It was the online copy causing me issues. I deleted the local copy in my Steam folder and still had the image after closing and restarting Steam. Here is the little nuisance that did it:

whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/09/12 16:43:06 (permalink)
Zuhl3156
whiskers54

Yep, you nailed it with the Screenshot ghosting through the Steam Client. I had to restart Steam after I deleted the copies. It was the online copy causing me issues. I deleted the local copy in my Steam folder and still had the image after closing and restarting Steam. Here is the little nuisance that did it:

Awesome!!!!

Wait! What's that music in the background? You hear it? It, it sounds like (wait for it) .......... Who you gonna call? Ghost Busters.  LOL
Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Fallout 4 2016/09/12 18:08:25 (permalink)
I was comparing it to when you would burn an image into one of those old CRT monitors. You're not playing with that old Proton Pack you had laying around in the garage, are you?
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/09/14 18:06:52 (permalink)
Zuhl,

You said that you have used the "God mode" a few times. My question to you is: Have you noticed your settlement population numbers when using it? From what I have seen the stats are maxed out during the "God mode" usage and charisma is needed to raise the population numbers.
Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Fallout 4 2016/09/14 18:36:41 (permalink)
whiskers54
Zuhl,

You said that you have used the "God mode" a few times. My question to you is: Have you noticed your settlement population numbers when using it? From what I have seen the stats are maxed out during the "God mode" usage and charisma is needed to raise the population numbers.

I didn't notice any change in my stats. It's just that I don't have to reload and my health is maxed out.
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/09/15 17:22:52 (permalink)
Zuhl3156
whiskers54
Zuhl,

I didn't notice any change in my stats. It's just that I don't have to reload and my health is maxed out.

From what I saw in some videos, when in "God mode" all your stats are maxed out. That's why I was wondering about the charisma and your settlement population.

As far as reloading, I have a .45 CAL that has unlimited ammo. It doesn't work when Cait uses it. So now I just buy shotgun shells and .45 ammo.
Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Fallout 4 2016/09/16 09:57:33 (permalink)
Which 'stats' are you asking about? Perks? Special? Here are two screenshots with Godmode enabled and disabled:

agent8
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 8248
  • Ribbons : 20
Re: Fallout 4 2016/09/16 12:47:10 (permalink)
The fastest way to ruin a game is "godmode" imo. I gave myself ammo when I was using an exploding mini gun but even then, things were almost too easy. I didn't think god mode had anything to do with your perks and such.
Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Fallout 4 2016/09/16 13:43:08 (permalink)
I never used it before and was even offended when someone suggested that I use it when I was having a difficult time with a game as I considered it to be hacking. That was six years ago and my reflexes have diminished considerably since then. After suffering a heart attack and then a minor stroke that crippled the middle fingers of my right hand things are different now. It's only in Single Player and doesn't affect anyone else's game so what does it matter? If it weren't for 'godmode' being a Console Command, playing this game would be impossible for me and not the least bit enjoyable to say the least.
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/09/16 15:01:54 (permalink)
Zuhl3156
Which 'stats' are you asking about? Perks? Special? Here are two screenshots with Godmode enabled and disabled:

It's the specials. In particular your CHARISMA stat. Settlement population is based on Charisma. The more you have, the higher the population in your settlements. In theory anyway. What I am trying to find out is when, in "God Mode", with the Charisma special maxed, if this allows the population in the settlements to continue beyond the standard setting. 
post edited by whiskers54 - 2016/09/16 15:15:56
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/09/16 15:08:57 (permalink)
Zuhl3156
I never used it before and was even offended when someone suggested that I use it when I was having a difficult time with a game as I considered it to be hacking. That was six years ago and my reflexes have diminished considerably since then. After suffering a heart attack and then a minor stroke that crippled the middle fingers of my right hand things are different now. It's only in Single Player and doesn't affect anyone else's game so what does it matter? If it weren't for 'godmode' being a Console Command, playing this game would be impossible for me and not the least bit enjoyable to say the least.

It's about the enjoyment of this game that matters and if you have a condition that requires you to use "God Mode" to achieve this, Rock On. It's your enjoyment, so enjoy!!!!
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/09/16 15:14:54 (permalink)
agent8
The fastest way to ruin a game is "godmode" imo. I gave myself ammo when I was using an exploding mini gun but even then, things were almost too easy. I didn't think god mode had anything to do with your perks and such.

I was watching some videos regarding "God Mode" and all of them showed the Specials at their respective maxed status while in "God Mode". And this is what I am trying to find out, as to the effect, if any, on the Specials while in it.
Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Fallout 4 2016/09/16 16:15:24 (permalink)
whiskers54
Zuhl3156

It's the specials. In particular your CHARISMA stat. Settlement population is based on Charisma. The more you have, the higher the population in your settlements. In theory anyway. What I am trying to find out is when, in "God Mode", with the Charisma special maxed, if this allows the population in the settlements to continue beyond the standard setting. 

OK, I'll look into those next time I play. Remember those Provisioners and Brahmin that were stuck on that roof about 3 weeks ago? That's right, you guessed it. They were still stuck up there so I made them a ladder. It actually took them a while to figure it out but they slowly began making their way back to ground level. If they weren't so darn pathetic I would be laughing right now but if I didn't come along and rescue them they would have starved to death.

whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/09/16 16:58:50 (permalink)
Zuhl3156
whiskers54
Zuhl3156

OK, I'll look into those next time I play. Remember those Provisioners and Brahmin that were stuck on that roof about 3 weeks ago? That's right, you guessed it. They were still stuck up there so I made them a ladder. It actually took them a while to figure it out but they slowly began making their way back to ground level. If they weren't so darn pathetic I would be laughing right now but if I didn't come along and rescue them they would have starved to death.

I appreciate that.

I remember that. I had the same problem before that. I ended up laying a floor bridge across the building side to the rocks and that took care of the problem. You'll have to leave it there for those future idiots that venture in. LOL
agent8
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 8248
  • Ribbons : 20
Re: Fallout 4 2016/09/16 17:59:16 (permalink)
I didn't mean any offense to anyone that uses Godmode at all. Just ruins it for me personally. I understand having limitations, believe me. I severed a tendon in my hand a few years ago and my left thumb can not give the "thumbs up" it just stays to the side or goes forward. Additionally, I have a very hard time playing on a standard keyboard. I think I am getting used to this new Razer gaming key pad thing but it really hurts and I have to play in short sessions.
For me, it's not so much that being invincible or having a ton of weapons and ammo, it's being able to watch the enemies A.I. and seeing how stupid they really are. Kinda like when you learn how to clip on older games by peaking around the corner. That's all. That's why new games are so much fun for me, to see if an enemy will search or change tactics or something.
Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Fallout 4 2016/09/16 18:28:00 (permalink)
No changes in 'Special' stats or anything else. BTW, Colette is still dead but someone keeps putting clothes back on her corpse. I guess that's why nobody would date her?

whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/09/18 05:01:26 (permalink)
Zuhl3156
No changes in 'Special' stats or anything else. BTW, Colette is still dead but someone keeps putting clothes back on her corpse. I guess that's why nobody would date her?

A few videos that I have watched showed that, when in "God Mode", there was an item called the "God Ring". Is that an item that is in your possession? 
stalinx20
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4977
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Fallout 4 2016/09/18 05:17:48 (permalink)

EVGA X79 Dark
2080 Black edition
EVGA 1000 gold PSU (Gold)
4820K CPU
16x G-skill
stalinx20
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4977
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Fallout 4 2016/09/18 05:28:12 (permalink)

EVGA X79 Dark
2080 Black edition
EVGA 1000 gold PSU (Gold)
4820K CPU
16x G-skill
Page: << < ..7677787980.. > >> Showing page 80 of 89
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile