AnsweredFallout 4

Page: << < ..7677787980.. > >> Showing page 79 of 89
Author
whiskers54
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1688
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: Fallout 4 2016/09/09 16:20:56 (permalink)
Zuhl3156
whiskers54
donta1979
perks to one from an npc, another for building stuff, there might be one more for killing stuff not sure, if you do not play along with being a raider, thats it DLC over the end.

There is a segment in the beginning that the woman tells you to kill the other raiders and it will list their names. If you kill these named targets will that be the end of the DLC or does it continue?

I found a video about that earlier. If you want, I'll try to find it for you. There were a lot of ifs, ands, buts, and other options that came and went depending on your decision.

If you don't mind, post the video. I'm sure there are more people that will find it informative besides me.
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/09/09 16:24:51 (permalink)
Dukman
whiskers54

Also how do you tell if mods are or are not affected by updates from Bethesda?

When they don't work anymore.  

You basically have to take into account what the mod does or does not affect in the game world.   Most are not affected by updates or bug fixes.   Mods like Homemaker (a truly epic mod) will continue to function after and update, but will not affect or add more items until it's been updated to reflect the new content.   So the majority of the mods will continue to work just fine even though they are no longer being supported or updated by the mod author.

And to answer your first question, Locksmith is not affected by the version updates because it affects things that are already in the game.  It's possible that if new lockable objects are added it won't affect them.  But I don't think it works on and item by item basis.   I think it affects the lock/unlock situation that all lockable objects address.  

Don't quit your day or night time job. LOL

Homemaker? I'll have to look that up. Thanks.

Thanks for the info regarding the mods. Now I can look for more. 
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/09/09 16:29:13 (permalink)
Dukman
And I've been spending hours and hours in Vault 88 trying to build the ultimate stronghold.  I've torn things down and started rebuilding several times now.  

Truth be told, I kind of like the whole settlement building thing.  At least building the settlement and structures.  Babysitting the settlers constantly, not so much.

Still can't decide if I want to move my base of operations to Vault 88 or Spectacle Island.   But I'll have the infrastructure in place either way.  And Vault 88 is the first settlement that I've had to activate the workshop mod on so far.  

As do I. It allows for a lot of expansion and your imagination to run wild. I'm thinking about the Abernathy farm and all that territory that comes with it. Spectacle Island will be a challenge due to the vast area. I see a few fusion generators for that place.
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/09/09 16:31:11 (permalink)
stalinx20
whiskers54
stalinx20

"Issues", eh? I guess I'll have to see for myself.

What did you find out? I read the messages posted at the bottom and they weren't very positive. 

Nothing, I haven't bothered with it yet.

X-mas is just around the corner. 
Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 13061
  • Ribbons : 34
Re: Fallout 4 2016/09/09 16:44:07 (permalink)
I think that Spectacle Island is a good spot. Plenty of land and room for building anything you want especially canons and Laser turrets for killing Vertibirds. I have plenty going on at the Drive-In but I seem to have a sentimental attachment to Sanctuary Hills even though I have reached my building cap. I just can't seem to tear myself away from that place although if Cait and I want some privacy so we can have some 'quality time' I hole up inside Home Plate.

Oh yeah, here is that video. It's called "The Good Ending" or something but it does tell you what you're going to lose out on if you decide to be the 'Good Guy'. I even subscribed to his channel I was so impressed.

whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/09/09 20:56:49 (permalink)
Zuhl3156
I think that Spectacle Island is a good spot. Plenty of land and room for building anything you want especially canons and Laser turrets for killing Vertibirds. I have plenty going on at the Drive-In but I seem to have a sentimental attachment to Sanctuary Hills even though I have reached my building cap. I just can't seem to tear myself away from that place although if Cait and I want some privacy so we can have some 'quality time' I hole up inside Home Plate.

Oh yeah, here is that video. It's called "The Good Ending" or something but it does tell you what you're going to lose out on if you decide to be the 'Good Guy'. I even subscribed to his channel I was so impressed.

Spectacle Island will be a great spot as well as a challenge.

To do any of the settlements right you need to run that mod that lifts the cap on them. That opens a whole new ball game. For me, I am contemplating starting over but with the mod installed. That's just a thought though.

What was that weapon that she was using in the video? That looks like one butt kicking piece of hardware.

I don't know what to think about my settlements when under Raider control. I've placed too much time building them to allow Raider control over them. This will be a tough decision.
Dukman
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1478
  • Ribbons : 6
Re: Fallout 4 2016/09/09 21:51:59 (permalink)
I too seem to be overly fond of Sanctuary.   But there really isn't enough room there to build a large centralized Fortress of Duk like Im envisioning.   So either Spectacle or Vault 88.  

@Whiskery - If you haven't looked into it yet, Homemaker adds a metric tonne of craftable items.  Many of the nifty things that the DLC's added?   Had them long before the DLC's came about.  

Heatware

whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/09/10 03:41:13 (permalink)
Dukman
I too seem to be overly fond of Sanctuary.   But there really isn't enough room there to build a large centralized Fortress of Duk like Im envisioning.   So either Spectacle or Vault 88.  

@Whiskery - If you haven't looked into it yet, Homemaker adds a metric tonne of craftable items.  Many of the nifty things that the DLC's added?   Had them long before the DLC's came about.  

I'll look into that one as I am curious as to what the items are and more so what they look like. Is "Homemaker" what it's called?  
Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Fallout 4 2016/09/10 04:31:27 (permalink)
In the video she is using a Gauss Rifle.
Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Fallout 4 2016/09/10 07:05:49 (permalink)
I'll be looking into a mod today called "Settlement Management" for assiging settlers to tasks or unassigning them. I've been making sure that all of my settlers were keeping busy and assigned them all a task. Apparently you need to have unassigned settlers to scrounge around and earn you some caps. No wonder I haven't been getting any caps lately. I see a lot of caps in the workbenches of my settlements. Should I take them or leave them there for my settlers to use for buying and selling to Traders? Is there a cap limit? If I don't start taking some caps from the workbench does the settlement reach a cap limit and no more will be generated until I deplete their stash or will they keep piling up? Has anyone else even noticed these caps before?
Dukman
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/09/10 08:08:58 (permalink)
I thought the Vault-Tec DLC gave us the ability to do that already?    At least I read somewhere that it does.  I have yet to look into it yet.

Also, might want to take a look at this one as well.  Combine that mod with this mod.

Heatware

Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Fallout 4 2016/09/10 08:23:10 (permalink)
Dukman
I thought the Vault-Tec DLC gave us the ability to do that already?    At least I read somewhere that it does.  I have yet to look into it yet.

Also, might want to take a look at this one as well.  Combine that mod with this mod.

According to "Oxhorn", once you assign a task to one of your settlers, that settler will remain assigned to whatever task you assigned him/her to do even if you remove the asset in the assignment. Such as assigning a settler to guard duty and then scrapping the canon or guard post. Even though the canon and/or guard tower is gone, the settler is still assigned that task and won't do anything else like roaming around and generating income in the form of caps for you. According to good old Oxhorn, this mod allows you to remove a settler's assignment. Since he needs that mod for this I take it that it isn't available in the game's regular menu.

Here is a nice buildup of Spectacle Island that I had stored in my bookmarks. As far as I remember there is no foul language in it and I don't think he needed a mod to unlock the size cap.

whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/09/10 09:25:06 (permalink)
Zuhl3156
I'll be looking into a mod today called "Settlement Management" for assiging settlers to tasks or unassigning them. I've been making sure that all of my settlers were keeping busy and assigned them all a task. Apparently you need to have unassigned settlers to scrounge around and earn you some caps. No wonder I haven't been getting any caps lately. I see a lot of caps in the workbenches of my settlements. Should I take them or leave them there for my settlers to use for buying and selling to Traders? Is there a cap limit? If I don't start taking some caps from the workbench does the settlement reach a cap limit and no more will be generated until I deplete their stash or will they keep piling up? Has anyone else even noticed these caps before?

Your income derives from your shops. The Restaurant/Bar shop in particular. The caps they generate go into the workbench. You then take them out for whatever you want/need to do with them. The settlers don't fool with that. As far as I know there is no cap on cap storage/generation. Your salvage stations are used by assigned settlers to find "junk" for salvage. I don't know if that gets converted to caps or used as building material.

Take the caps if needed or leave them for when you do. I leave mine until I reach at least 1000 and then I remove them. I forgot about a few places and when I checked there were some with 5000.
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/09/10 09:29:15 (permalink)
Dukman

Bethesda did make that possible but I haven't used it yet. I was thinking about it however as sometimes it is very difficult to find any unassigned settlers as they appear to be missing. The pop count doesn't match the observed pop count.
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/09/10 09:32:43 (permalink)
Zuhl3156
Dukman

According to "Oxhorn", once you assign a task to one of your settlers, that settler will remain assigned to whatever task you assigned him/her to do even if you remove the asset in the assignment. Such as assigning a settler to guard duty and then scrapping the canon or guard post. Even though the canon and/or guard tower is gone, the settler is still assigned that task and won't do anything else like roaming around and generating income in the form of caps for you. According to good old Oxhorn, this mod allows you to remove a settler's assignment. Since he needs that mod for this I take it that it isn't available in the game's regular menu.

Here is a nice buildup of Spectacle Island that I had stored in my bookmarks. As far as I remember there is no foul language in it and I don't think he needed a mod to unlock the size cap.

I just went through this and that is incorrect. I ditched all of my stores for the newer design as well as a new location in the settlement and I had to go through reassigning them.
Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Fallout 4 2016/09/10 10:18:06 (permalink)
whiskers54

I just went through this and that is incorrect. I ditched all of my stores for the newer design as well as a new location in the settlement and I had to go through reassigning them.

It's a very old video. I just had it saved in my FO4 Walkthrough folder.
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/09/11 05:09:48 (permalink)
Zuhl3156
whiskers54

It's a very old video. I just had it saved in my FO4 Walkthrough folder.

For an old video, it has some nice tutorial building ideas.
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/09/11 05:18:34 (permalink)
Anyone figure out how to increase settlement population without using chems and clothing? My charisma is maxed and I believe I have the +1 Charisma Bobble Head. I still have a couple of those missing from the stand. There was a video (which I can't find) that showed settlement population that was way above in game numbers. I have a lot of empty beds to fill. LOL

I did run into a video where he was sending settlers from different settlement locations to a settlement but he didn't verify that they showed up at the destination settlement so I don't know if that works.
post edited by whiskers54 - 2016/09/11 05:25:26
Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Fallout 4 2016/09/11 05:23:16 (permalink)
whiskers54

Alas, I am a Warrior and NOT a Builder! Therefore I only keep these videos for amusement purposes to see how the other less fortunate members of society pass the time of day. 

There was a decent 'How to' for repairing the walls at The Castle but when I tried to do it I ran out of build space when I hit my settlement cap.
Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Fallout 4 2016/09/11 05:37:24 (permalink)
whiskers54
Anyone figure out how to increase settlement population without using chems and clothing? My charisma is maxed and I believe I have the +1 Charisma Bobble Head. I still have a couple of those missing from the stand. There was a video (which I can't find) that showed settlement population that was way above in game numbers. I have a lot of empty beds to fill. LOL

I did run into a video where he was sending settlers from different settlement locations to a settlement but he didn't verify that they showed up at the destination settlement so I don't know if that works.

I thought my settler limit was set at 20 but when Coastal Cottage was repopulated after I wiped them out I ended up with 32 new settlers whose very first words to me were complaints about the bed situation. Bunch of ingrates!

whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/09/11 05:39:32 (permalink)
Zuhl3156
whiskers54

Alas, I am a Warrior and NOT a Builder! Therefore I only keep these videos for amusement purposes to see how the other less fortunate members of society pass the time of day. 

There was a decent 'How to' for repairing the walls at The Castle but when I tried to do it I ran out of build space when I hit my settlement cap.

You need to get that mod that lifts the in game cap. I'm having a lot of fun with that.

I've noticed that when these videos come out I hear in a lot of them say that they are done on the PS4 and are not modded. Yet they can achieve the status that a mod would do. Do you know if they are tampering with the programming?

I saw a few "Castle Wall" videos also. They show some good ideas too.
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/09/11 05:42:43 (permalink)
Zuhl3156
whiskers54

I thought my settler limit was set at 20 but when Coastal Cottage was repopulated after I wiped them out I ended up with 32 new settlers whose very first words to me were complaints about the bed situation. Bunch of ingrates!

What did you do to get that many? There has to be something more than just wiping them out.
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/09/11 05:44:00 (permalink)
Are you wearing any clothing or taking any chems that increases your charisma? 

Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Fallout 4 2016/09/11 05:49:26 (permalink)
whiskers54

No chems but I am wearing the "Assault Marine Armor" I got from Dima. I don't even know if it has any Legendary effects to it. I haven't played in a week or so. I might play again around 10:00 am. First thing I have to do is scrap Cait and send her packing back to Sanctuary so I can get the perk from Porter Gage.
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/09/11 06:04:04 (permalink)
Zuhl3156
whiskers54

No chems but I am wearing the "Assault Marine Armor" I got from Dima. I don't even know if it has any Legendary effects to it. I haven't played in a week or so. I might play again around 10:00 am. First thing I have to do is scrap Cait and send her packing back to Sanctuary so I can get the perk from Porter Gage.

Based on what I just read about that armor, it does not have any charisma stats that go with it.
Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Fallout 4 2016/09/11 06:19:01 (permalink)
whiskers54

Based on what I just read about that armor, it does not have any charisma stats that go with it.

Maybe it's Cait? She does seem to be a real charmer at times.
Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Fallout 4 2016/09/11 06:21:04 (permalink)
I think I am wearing the Marine Wetsuit from Far Harbor underneath it. IDK if that has any stats for it. I had to put it on because with just the Assault Marine Armor my rump was showing through the gaps!
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/09/11 09:10:21 (permalink)
Anyone know anything about God mode? I stumbled across this while I was looking for ideas to increase settlement population. Watching the videos they showed the Specials having astronomically high stat numbers. Considering that charisma is used to increase population I was thinking that this could be used in my quest. Can this mod be turned on and off or by removing it ("God Ring") from the equipped/installed status? 
Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Fallout 4 2016/09/11 09:19:35 (permalink)
Tee-hee-heeee! That's my secret weapon. You take no damage and you use no ammo. You still use Fusion Cores in your Power Armor though. Just hit the tilde key, '~', then type tgm and hit [Enter] then hit the tilde key again to exit the Console. Now you are back in the game, out of the Console, and unbeatable.  
Dukman
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/09/11 09:27:53 (permalink)
Last playthrough I had multiple settlements  with 30+ whiners... I mean settlers.    Keep in mind, Im modded and it was one of my mods making that possible.   If I recall correctly, the typical settlement max should be your charisma +10.  So max would be 21.    Not sure if that's changed due to the DLC's.

God mode?   That's no fun.   

I like dying over and over and over and over and over and over and over because I stumbled across a bunch of supermutant Overlords packing 20mm cannons.

Zuhl, I envision something a bit less... imposing and more sprawling for my Spectacle Island Fortress of Duk.     Im still working on Vault 88.  The main part, whiner quarters and what not are done.  Just adding the rest of the infrastructure.
post edited by Dukman - 2016/09/11 09:30:47

Heatware

Page: << < ..7677787980.. > >> Showing page 79 of 89
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile