AnsweredFallout 4

Page: << < ..1112131415.. > >> Showing page 13 of 89
Author
NazcaC2
EGC Admin
  • Total Posts : 7420
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 38
Re: Fallout 4 2016/01/01 11:45:45 (permalink)
It seems like a bad case of ghosting / stuttering most of the time.  No issues / ghosting in Dirt 3 as said before though.

Intel i9-12900K
ASUS Prime Z690-A
Corsair 850W RM850x
Windows 11 Professional
Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 A-RGB
Corsair Dominator 32GB DDR5 5200MHz
EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 ULTRA GAMING
4x Samsung 2TB 980 Pro SSD + 1x ADATA 512GB SU800
Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB SIGNATURE SERIES Mid-Tower - Neon Night
whiskers54
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1688
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: Fallout 4 2016/01/02 04:34:33 (permalink)
Zuhl3156

I never threatened to leave her I was just thinking about it so I could do the side quest with Piper, that's all. I hope you meant catfight, right? You wouldn't be calling my babe a dog, would you because she got game and she'll whoop your butt if she hears you talking about her like that! LOL

Now I see why you get in trouble with Cait. LOL
Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 13061
  • Ribbons : 34
Re: Fallout 4 2016/01/02 06:20:26 (permalink)
whiskers54

I tried to ditch her by teleporting into The Institute once and then fast travelling to somewhere other than Sanctuary where I left her and as soon as I materialized she was standing right behind me! That girl can be scary at times. That must be what they mean when they talk about 'woman's intuition'. Cait/Fiona knows everything I am thinking and it is down right spooky.
cneuhauser
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1334
  • Ribbons : 5
Re: Fallout 4 2016/01/02 16:23:34 (permalink)
FYI on a couple posts on the previous page:

Fallout 4 isn't very taxing at all; I was running it on 2x GTX 680's and it was smooth (74fps) with almost everything maxed.

Regarding who's using what mods, I'm thinking about the "Tool/Gun Rack" mod whereby you can hang your guns on the wall... much easier to pick out what I want to use at my base this way, rather than going through an inventory list o O (Just hoping that the settlers aren't gun rack savy, or I'll start to see blank spots on the wall, and have to eliminate any...ummm... thieves that decide to help themselves"

Entho Evolv Anthracite Grey
ASUS ROG E-Gaming X299
i7 9800x 4.8ghz on water (Cuplex Vision block) 
EVGA RTX 2080 XC Ultra / Water / EK Block
GSkill Trident Z - 32gig
2x Samsung 1TB SSD Evo
Intel SSD 730 Series 240GB 
Windows 10 Ultimate  
EVGA 1600 SuperNova T2 
Samsung G7 Faker 32" 240hz monitor
Asus ROG Swift PG329Q 175hz monitor
SteelSeries Arctis Pro+DAC
B&W 801s, Driven by Sumo Amp via DAC
Afterburner
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 25794
  • Ribbons : 110
Re: Fallout 4 2016/01/03 07:10:34 (permalink)
Well... I finished it... *Possible spoiler*

My path...
Created every settlement with excess bedding, complete fencing, excess food/water, multiple full rotating guns, two lasers and two rocket launchers. Once I did this the amount of times they got attacked was nearly zero. I did most of this game in wondering mode. Depending on my mood. Sometimes I ran just jobs. But during the jobs I would explore. Other times I just explored. 

My goal was to see if I could complete the game with everyone at peace. I was not able to find a path to do that. Kind of sucked. I tried multiple conversation tactics and job selections. 

Then ran all the work that the Railroad asked me to do. Only stopped when I had to decide who I wanted to make my enemy.

Then I did all the Institute stuff, till the same decision point.

Then I joined the Brotherhood, killed the railroad and institute. Now I am just wondering, need to start a new character...

Total time 8 days 15 hours (Keep in mind, each time you go back to a save and try a different tact, the timer does go backwards with you, the time is the path/game time, not total gaming time).

Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Fallout 4 2016/01/03 07:23:38 (permalink)
Another spoiler alert: The BOS mission to kill the Railroad is where I went back to a previous save. There were only two BOS techs at the Railroad and I should have vaporized both of them with my Alien Blaster instead of killing my Railroad pals. This game is a trainwreck waiting to happen no matter which path you take. I ponder whether I can just waste the captain of the Prydwen and take over the BOS. It's on my to-do list. 
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/01/03 10:49:28 (permalink)
Afterburner
Well... I finished it... *Possible spoiler*

My path...
Created every settlement with excess bedding, complete fencing, excess food/water, multiple full rotating guns, two lasers and two rocket launchers. Once I did this the amount of times they got attacked was nearly zero. I did most of this game in wondering mode. Depending on my mood. Sometimes I ran just jobs. But during the jobs I would explore. Other times I just explored. 

My goal was to see if I could complete the game with everyone at peace. I was not able to find a path to do that. Kind of sucked. I tried multiple conversation tactics and job selections. 

Then ran all the work that the Railroad asked me to do. Only stopped when I had to decide who I wanted to make my enemy.

Then I did all the Institute stuff, till the same decision point.

Then I joined the Brotherhood, killed the railroad and institute. Now I am just wondering, need to start a new character...

Total time 8 days 15 hours (Keep in mind, each time you go back to a save and try a different tact, the timer does go backwards with you, the time is the path/game time, not total gaming time).

I'm trying the peace method also. So far the BOS are friendly. No contact with the Railroad as of yet and same with the Institute. The Synths however are a PITA. My attitude with them is: They shot first.

The settlement building is what I am doing also. Lasers and rockets. One settlement has a defense rating of 170 with a lot more room to grow and a couple others are a little over 100. I have seen the lasers light up the enemy but as of yet nothing with the missile defense. Work in progress there. LOL

Regarding the time played. How many hours are on the Steam stat info?
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/01/03 10:57:36 (permalink)
Zuhl3156
Another spoiler alert: The BOS mission to kill the Railroad is where I went back to a previous save. There were only two BOS techs at the Railroad and I should have vaporized both of them with my Alien Blaster instead of killing my Railroad pals. This game is a trainwreck waiting to happen no matter which path you take. I ponder whether I can just waste the captain of the Prydwen and take over the BOS. It's on my to-do list. 

Why stop with just wasting the Capt.? The more enemy you have the more loot you get. LOL

The train wreck is just Bethesda's way of giving you more options to go another round. The what if I did this instead scenario. I can see myself giving this another go.
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/01/03 11:09:47 (permalink)
Has anyone figured out the mysterious XP's that you seem to get credit for? I got those a lot and never figured it out, at least until now. I was at a settlement and saw what appeared to be a caravan in the distance. All of a sudden there was a gun battle there. Beamed weapons all over the place. Then I get some XP's and the gun battle stopped. I think it was a Provisoner (or however they label them) that I assigned to a trade route.

Has anyone been able to link the workbench at Home Plate to the main supply line that you start? I have a lot of items that I have to move if I can't.
Dukman
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1478
  • Ribbons : 6
Re: Fallout 4 2016/01/03 11:11:01 (permalink)
Well Im coming into this thread way late, but I've been playing the game since release day.  I honestly can't make up my mind how I feel about this game.   Got some serious dichotomy going on here at my house due to this game.   

Anyway, I keep getting sidetracked by settlement building.   Typically Bethesda games side track me with exploration, but with Fallout 4 it's settlements.

I'm avoiding the other posts so that I don't see the progess and hints towards things to come.   As for my game, I need to go to the glowing sea, but keeping getting off track with all the other pointless tasks that that annoying Preston Garvey keeps going on and on about.  That reminds, me.  I need to banish him to the most distant settlement I have.   That way I don't have to talk to him anymore.

Heatware

Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Fallout 4 2016/01/03 11:42:12 (permalink)
There are some settlers in Sanctuary that I can't assign a task. They just walk around while I can assign a bed and tasks to other settlers. I think Preston Garvey is one of those 'holier than thou' people that I can't boss around. Maybe I'll just hose him with a Plasma weapon. Problem solved!
Dukman
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1478
  • Ribbons : 6
Re: Fallout 4 2016/01/03 12:11:29 (permalink)
The original settlers that you brought in with Preston to settle Sanctuary can't really be assigned a task.   And I don't think you can send them elsewhere either. (will research this)  Between that whiney guy and his "pleasant" wife, Im thinking of putting the Sandman perk to use.   Except that they're essential,  But hey,  at least I could get the satisfaction of knifing them in their sleep over and over.  

Preston... Im sending him to Jamaica Plains. Let him deal with that mess.  

And I routinely use him and the other annoying originals to test new weapons. 

Heatware

Afterburner
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 25794
  • Ribbons : 110
Re: Fallout 4 2016/01/03 12:25:25 (permalink)
whiskers54
Has anyone figured out the mysterious XP's that you seem to get credit for? I got those a lot and never figured it out, at least until now. I was at a settlement and saw what appeared to be a caravan in the distance. All of a sudden there was a gun battle there. Beamed weapons all over the place. Then I get some XP's and the gun battle stopped. I think it was a Provisoner (or however they label them) that I assigned to a trade route.

Has anyone been able to link the workbench at Home Plate to the main supply line that you start? I have a lot of items that I have to move if I can't.

I "Assume" this is for any clay mines you laid around and robots you activated that are now keeping the area clear of enemies. Not to mention those from time to time you shot at, but they ran, only to die later for one reason or another.

*Spoiler*

I really like the "Infrared" helmet feature. I get on top of building/bridges at night and rocket/sniper things to death from a far... MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/01/03 14:44:50 (permalink)
Afterburner

I "Assume" this is for any (A)clay mines you laid around and (B)robots you activated that are now keeping the area clear of enemies. (C)Not to mention those from time to time you shot at, but they ran, only to die later for one reason or another.

*Spoiler*

I really like the "Infrared" helmet feature. I get on top of building/bridges at night and rocket/sniper things to death from a far... MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

In order of your assumptions:
A) Nope
B) Nope
C) Nope

These are random. I never really paid attention to them other than hearing the accompanied sort of combat actions like shooting being performed. I get a few points and the shooting stops unless there are more targets.

SPOILER
I found the quad missile launcher and used it on an Assaultron. That WILL use missiles very fast so you NEED a lot of them. LOL I'm a Gun then Roses guy myself. Plop and plant. 
stalinx20
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4977
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Fallout 4 2016/01/07 10:34:38 (permalink)
I have mastered in the bolt action, and rifles, but I have no points into the perk that stabilizes the use of sniper rifles. Does that have any benefit to your hits with rifles (other than to stabilize the drifting of the rifle)? Because I have noticed that sniper rifles have a minimal impacts on super mutants, even with headshots. if I get "closer" with a regular bolt-action rifle (no scope), they mostly become one shot kills.

post edited by stalinx20 - 2016/01/07 10:40:09

EVGA X79 Dark
2080 Black edition
EVGA 1000 gold PSU (Gold)
4820K CPU
16x G-skill
stalinx20
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/01/07 10:42:28 (permalink)
whiskers54
Zuhl3156

I never threatened to leave her I was just thinking about it so I could do the side quest with Piper, that's all. I hope you meant catfight, right? You wouldn't be calling my babe a dog, would you because she got game and she'll whoop your butt if she hears you talking about her like that! LOL

I gotta say, I'm stuck with Cait too. And the downfall too (SPOIL ALERT) ------------------ I cleansed her with that machine in Vault 75(???). So now, every time I take any drugs, she dislikes it....

EVGA X79 Dark
2080 Black edition
4820K CPU
16x G-skill
Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Fallout 4 2016/01/07 11:32:47 (permalink)
stalinx20

I gotta say, I'm stuck with Cait too. And the downfall too (SPOIL ALERT) ------------------ I cleansed her with that machine in Vault 75(???). So now, every time I take any drugs, she dislikes it....

I just snatch all of the Psycho so she doesn't have a relapse. LOL
I found a vid on how to get a secret Sniper rifle. I haven't tried to get it yet.

stalinx20
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/01/07 12:32:06 (permalink)
Zuhl3156
stalinx20

I found a vid on how to get a secret Sniper rifle. I haven't tried to get it yet.

Hmm curious. I will definitely take a look at this.

EVGA X79 Dark
2080 Black edition
4820K CPU
16x G-skill
Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Fallout 4 2016/01/07 13:05:43 (permalink)
I just went and got it and it isn't anything special to me. It is .308 cal and fire rate is only 3. I found a better one that is silenced with a fire rate of 47 at the shack on the western edge of the map near the top of the Glowing Sea. It is hidden in a bunker under the floor.
stalinx20
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/01/07 13:09:24 (permalink)
Zuhl3156
I just went and got it and it isn't anything special to me. It is .308 cal and fire rate is only 3. I found a better one that is silenced with a fire rate of 47 at the shack on the western edge of the map near the top of the Glowing Sea. It is hidden in a bunker under the floor.

while i'm pro in the rifle perk, I know the dps is going to really high, especially if I mod it with a .50. however, my rifle I have now already fires a secondary shot, which makes the damage rate to 180+, so i'm not sure if I necessarily need the one you found unless the additional mod it has is much better. Can you tell me what it does?

EDIT : One add-on that I would like Bethesda to add is the ability to mod the feat that is added on your weapon/mod. God yes...
post edited by stalinx20 - 2016/01/07 13:12:00

EVGA X79 Dark
2080 Black edition
4820K CPU
16x G-skill
Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Fallout 4 2016/01/07 13:17:25 (permalink)
The damage for both rifles is 102 plus it gets doubled when I am crouched. It's the fire rate of 3 that kills it for me. The range and accuracy is close if not the same. I need to mod mine to fire the .50 cal round. I don't remember if I tried or didn't know how to do it. For some reason I am still firing .308 rounds. I can't find the workbench at Boston Airport. I know it has one somewhere. I need to send one of my settlers back to Sanctuary. I hit the wrong button and sent him there permanently instead of as a caravan. Poor guy is out there all by his lonesome except for some BOS recruits.
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/01/08 11:50:02 (permalink)
stalinx20
whiskers54
Zuhl3156

Vault 75???? WOW, I have a lot of exploring to do. LOL

I don't think my companion can get hooked on any of that because I have not found any doggie treats.
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/01/08 11:54:24 (permalink)
Anyone having completed the game or still playing it run into any game breaking quests?
Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Fallout 4 2016/01/08 12:09:02 (permalink)
I am finding more and more of my Power Armor totally stripped hidden behind buildings in Sanctuary. I'm going to have to frisk every settler to find my parts and if I can't find them I will build a jail for them thieving scum.
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/01/08 12:16:50 (permalink)
Zuhl3156
I am finding more and more of my Power Armor totally stripped hidden behind buildings in Sanctuary. I'm going to have to frisk every settler to find my parts and if I can't find them I will build a jail for them thieving scum.

France had a better method in the olden days. LOL

I'm still monitoring all the power armor I have stored at Market City and so far it is staying in place.
donta1979
Primarch
  • Total Posts : 15896
  • Ribbons : 72
Re: Fallout 4 2016/01/08 12:32:37 (permalink)
stalinx20
Zuhl3156
stalinx20

Not the best in game, best against the sea creatures though... the best one is a random drop off of a legendary mod and thats random, normally the two shots... or those that increase damage on limbs.

Heatware   

Retired from AAA Game Industry
Jeep Wranglers, English Bulldog Rescue
USAF, USANG, US ARMY Combat Veteran
My Build
Intel Core I9 13900K@6.1ghz, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 ARGB, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 7200mhz CL34 DDR5, ASUS Rog Strix Z790-E, ASUS Rog Strix OC 4090, ASUS ROG Wingwall Graphics Card Holder, Seagate limited Edition Cyberpunk 2077 m.2, 2x Samsung 980 m.2 1TB's, 980 & 990 Pro m.2 2TB's, ASUS ROG Hyperion GR701, ASUS ROG Thor 1200W Platinum II, Cablemod RT-Series Pro ModMesh Sleeved 12VHPWR Carbon, ASUS Rog Swift PG35VQ 35", Acer EI342CKR Pbmiippx 34", ROG Harpe Ace Aim Lab Edition mouse, Rog Claymore II keyboard, TCL home entertainment Sound Bar w/Wireless Sub, Steelseries Johnny Silverhand Headset Microsoft Cyberpunk 2077 Xbox controller
Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Fallout 4 2016/01/08 15:24:09 (permalink)
I just done with Vault 75. No big deal. One bobblehead and one comic book.
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/01/09 04:11:10 (permalink)
I'm concentrating on settlement security. Maybe, by doing this, I can then go about other things without the annoying "You Failed" message appearing because I didn't see it as I was participating in a butt whacking scene.

I did manage to see my missile defense at work against some Mierluks. Move over Red Lobster. I also lost 2 settlers in that fight and I don't know what or who killed them.
Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Fallout 4 2016/01/09 04:28:01 (permalink)
Preston Garvey finally ran out of things for me to do so I am going around and fixing up my settlements and assigning supply line duties. The last time I was at The Castle I found a corpse lying there so IDK what happened. Last night I got a message that my quest to defend The Castle has failed so I guess I will find some more dead settlers there. I didn't even get a notice that The Castle was under attack. It is heavily defended with Maching Gun and Laser turrets so I have to conclude that the population there is a bunch of idiots and I didn't need them anyway. R.I.P. Castle settlers. LOL
post edited by Zuhl3156 - 2016/01/09 04:30:02
seta8967
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1813
Re: Fallout 4 2016/01/09 05:54:21 (permalink)
donta1979
stalinx20
Zuhl3156
stalinx20

Not the best in game, best against the sea creatures though... the best one is a random drop off of a legendary mod and thats random, normally the two shots... or those that increase damage on limbs.

got a sniper rifle that does double damage if out of combat, though maybe the two shots are better...
Page: << < ..1112131415.. > >> Showing page 13 of 89
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile