AnsweredFallout 4

Page: << < ..1112131415.. > >> Showing page 12 of 89
Author
Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 13061
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 34
Re: Fallout 4 2015/12/26 10:55:00 (permalink)
I haven't tried the Laser turrets yet but they are on my bucket list. I just got a never before seen error and failed Work Unit on my Folding client so if Stanford isn't going to play nice I am going to take all of my toys and play some Fallout 4 until they learn some manners!
whiskers54
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1688
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: Fallout 4 2015/12/27 05:16:23 (permalink)
I'm going to try that missile launcher turret also. We'll see how much bang for the cap I get out of that. Combined with lasers it should be a great light show.

Treat Stanford like a Fallout 4 baddie. LOL

Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Fallout 4 2015/12/27 05:27:27 (permalink)
whiskers54
I'm going to try that missile launcher turret also. We'll see how much bang for the cap I get out of that. Combined with lasers it should be a great light show.

I saw a video on YouTube where the guy made a three tier building with different turrets on each floor. I'm gonna give that a try some time soon just for kicks. I am Folding on my secondary board right now without any problems yet. Nothing in my Action Center but 9 errors in my Event Viewer that I'd never seen before. The only references I can find about these types of errors only apply to Linux so I am baffled at the moment. I think it was Stanford's servers that caused the Event ID 13 errors. I had Afterburner open and the drivers didn't TDR. The Core Clock just dropped to idle and that was the end of that Work Unit. I did change my PhysX to CPU instead of Auto-Select in case something I was doing somehow taxed the folding video board in some way.
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2015/12/27 05:28:46 (permalink)
I was doing some exploring and ran across the super mutant big boy. The Beometh (spelling). So I engaged it with my missile launcher and it engaged me with rocks. Huge rocks! And what I saw was that the rocks it was throwing must be guided because I would move after they were thrown and they followed me.
Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Fallout 4 2015/12/27 05:34:32 (permalink)
whiskers54
I was doing some exploring and ran across the super mutant big boy. The Beometh (spelling). So I engaged it with my missile launcher and it engaged me with rocks. Huge rocks! And what I saw was that the rocks it was throwing must be guided because I would move after they were thrown and they followed me.

Wow! Enhanced targeting-assisted rocks. What a concept! I know which Behemoth you're talking about. I was in a BOS helicopter gunship and made little work of him with a chaingun. I would hate to have run into him on the ground with or without a companion.
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2015/12/27 05:39:44 (permalink)
Zuhl3156
whiskers54

I saw a video on YouTube where the guy made a three tier building with different turrets on each floor. I'm gonna give that a try some time soon just for kicks.

I'm doing that tier stuff also. In some cases you aren't given a choice due to the limited space and that is why I did the Trump move and built skyscrapers. Looking at it from a distance it looks impressive. One reason to go with the tier setup is that you can place the power sources on the top level and reduce the risk of getting them damaged.
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2015/12/27 05:46:19 (permalink)
Zuhl3156
whiskers54

Wow! Enhanced targeting-assisted rocks. What a concept! I know which Behemoth you're talking about. I was in a BOS helicopter gunship and made little work of him with a chaingun. I would hate to have run into him on the ground with or without a companion.

Go figure, right. I got lucky with that situation. I was in a position that it couldn't climb and my legs can move quickly if needed. LOL Besides it was down at the river with very little wiggle room so I couldn't pass up the opportunity. With the exception of those "guided" rocks, I was in a good spot. And to the victor went the spoils. LOL
Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Fallout 4 2015/12/27 05:51:26 (permalink)
I'm going to try some weapons mods by taking some of the specialty items off of some of my Legendary Weapons if possible. I am still disappointed with the Alien Blaster which seems a lot less effective than what it was in Fallout 3.
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2015/12/27 06:00:03 (permalink)
Zuhl3156
I'm going to try some weapons mods by taking some of the specialty items off of some of my Legendary Weapons if possible. I am still disappointed with the Alien Blaster which seems a lot less effective than what it was in Fallout 3.

Have you tried any armor mods yet? I tried some and found out that in this case I could not stack the mods. A little tip: SAVE your game before you attempt the mod. If it fails you will lose your item resources and for me some of the resources are used in other building of certain settlement projects.
Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Fallout 4 2015/12/27 06:13:01 (permalink)
I did some Power Armor mods including giving myself a 'flames' paint job and a jetpack. I just gave Cait/Fiona a jetpack for her Power Armor so she can follow me onto roofs if she can ever figure out how to use it.
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2015/12/27 16:37:32 (permalink)
Well, it's official. I am selling most of my low budget, self-powered, lead launching turrets and replacing the majority with the heavy laser variety.

This is too funny. I installed a couple of heavy lasers alongside the low budget lead launchers at a settlement. Time passed and I dropped in to check things out and I noticed in the distance there were 3 Super Mutants running across the field. Why not I thought and took a couple of shots at them and got their attention. In true Cavalry form they charged the settlement. I could of sworn that I heard a bugle. What I didn't know was one of them was a suicide bomber. Now here is the good part. The bomber was doing a full charge while his 2 companions moved slower. The turrets concentrated on the bomber as he was the closest. It stopped the bomber in his tracks like he hit a brick wall. Then every time a beam hit it the bomber staggered backward. Then it blew up. After seeing that light show I thought Merry Christmas and a Happy 4th of July. LOL

Whoever put that kind of time in the programming did a hell of a job.

Tip:
Keep tabs on the energy that is being used. If it exceeds that of the output of the generators the citizens move to unhappy very fast.

Tip:
Keep an eye on the junk drawer at the station. There was a little over 2000 caps in there that wasn't there before. I do have the mega stores in a couple of settlements that do have an above average population.
Brad_Hawthorne
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 23174
  • Ribbons : 39
Re: Fallout 4 2015/12/27 17:02:20 (permalink)
whiskers54
stalinx20
If anyone rushes through this game and just does the main story, that's a lot of material and money blown.

This is what I don't understand and can only chalk it up to being bored when gamers rush through a huge game like this. When I spend money like I did for Fallout 4 I'll take my time and enjoy it... all of it. Take that same 60.00 that was paid for the game and spend it on other things of entertainment value and see how long that lasts. A lot of bang for the Cap here.

Some people are compulsive min/maxers that are incapable of enjoying any game. One would wonder why they'd buy any sandbox game at all though if that was their playing style. Sandbox games are meant to be wandered around in and explored in an organic, non-linear manner.
post edited by Brad_Hawthorne - 2015/12/27 17:08:08
Vlada011
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10257
  • Ribbons : 11
Re: Fallout 4 2015/12/28 03:55:22 (permalink)
How demanding is Fallout 4?
Very or not so.

i7-5820K 4.5GHz/RVE10-EK Monoblock/Dominator Platinum 2666/ASUS GTX1080Ti Poseidon/SBZxR /Samsung 970 EVO PLus 1TB/850 EVO 1TB /EVGA 1200P2/Lian Li PC-O11WXC/EK XRES D5 Revo 100 Glass/Coolstream PE360-Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM x3
http://www.evga.com
http://www.intel.com
http://www.nvidia.com
https://watercool.de
http://www.lian-li.com
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHMun5xiRe0

https://xdevs.com/guide/2080ti_kpe/#intro
https://www.evga.com/articles/01386/evga-sr-3-dark/

Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Fallout 4 2015/12/28 04:01:21 (permalink)
Vlada011
Very or not so.

I don't think it's demanding at all. My frame rate is capped at 72 FPS by the game and I can only disable the frame limiter through the game's config file. There is no need for me to use SLI. All settings are maxed at 1920x1080 144 Hz and never dip below 72 FPS for me on a single board.
Vlada011
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10257
  • Ribbons : 11
Re: Fallout 4 2015/12/28 07:26:06 (permalink)
OK, thanks, and how much video memory?

i7-5820K 4.5GHz/RVE10-EK Monoblock/Dominator Platinum 2666/ASUS GTX1080Ti Poseidon/SBZxR /Samsung 970 EVO PLus 1TB/850 EVO 1TB /EVGA 1200P2/Lian Li PC-O11WXC/EK XRES D5 Revo 100 Glass/Coolstream PE360-Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM x3
http://www.evga.com
http://www.intel.com
http://www.nvidia.com
https://watercool.de
http://www.lian-li.com
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHMun5xiRe0

https://xdevs.com/guide/2080ti_kpe/#intro
https://www.evga.com/articles/01386/evga-sr-3-dark/

Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Fallout 4 2015/12/28 08:04:46 (permalink)
Vlada011
OK, thanks, and how much video memory?

Sorry for the delay but having 4 GB of VRAM at my disposal, this is one thing that I never bothered monitoring before. I just played a few minutes and on the OSD my Memory usage averaged 1600 MB and peaked around 2042 MB. All graphics settings are as high as they can go for me. The Memory usage might go higher but with the 4 GB available using a GTX-980 I don't see any problems with maxing out your VRAM. Good luck, Vlada011. This is a pretty fun game for me once I got used to the interaction and the pace of the game. I have a lot of things left to do and many area left to explore and I already have 4 days of gameplay according to the ingame stats.
delta7
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 457
Re: Fallout 4 2015/12/29 14:25:54 (permalink)
Nm, wrong game . lol
post edited by delta7 - 2015/12/29 14:30:12

El-Dubya
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 262
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Fallout 4 2015/12/29 14:29:33 (permalink)
Well, 270 hours in and I still haven't finished the story or explored everything lol. The game looks great (the lighting/weather effects really make a huge difference imo) and obviously I'm enjoying it. There's just some features I feel that would have made this perfect to me:
  • Custom Ammo (like in New Vegas)
  • Legendary weapons...really? Borderlands anyone? Why not put awesome weapons at the end of awesome quests or really hard to pick/hack locks/terminals like the previous 2 games? This random "mutated" legendary stuff I was really surprised by seeing in a Fallout game, and not really a good surprised either considering there's nothing but the same ammo/chems/pipe weapon in every container no matter the lock pick/hack skill required. 
  • Saving the high end armor/weapons until a later part of the game so you felt like you've "earned" them by then instead of just shoving them in your face and saying "oh by the way...fusion cores!" 
  • Yes, I actually do miss the repair skill/option on weapons and all armor. It made you give them that extra bit of attention (although I can see how annoying that could be to some). I also miss using skill points wherever I saw fit alongside perks. I guess it just felt as though dispersing skill points gave me more control over how I wanted to develop my character across different areas at one time rather than choosing just one perk, in one skill area, at a specified character level.    
  • Lastly, unless I'm missing something, I feel the speech checks should change their color coordination based on your current success of passing them. In the previous games you knew exactly if you were going to pass these checks or not, but in this one even a character with "only" 10 charisma can still fail these checks leaving you wondering what exactly does it take?
Alright, I think at this point I'm just going to charge through the story line and come back to finish it all up later because I have Just Cause 3 loaded and waiting for me since it released. Not to mention I haven't really even touched Anno 2205 since it released either all thanks to this game haha. 

post edited by El-Dubya - 2015/12/29 14:34:00
Killmur
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5311
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: Fallout 4 2015/12/29 14:33:46 (permalink)
El-Dubya
Well, 270 hours in and I still haven't finished the story or explored everything lol. The game looks great (the lighting/weather effects really make a huge difference imo) and obviously I'm enjoying it. There's just some features I feel that would have made this perfect to me:
  • Custom Ammo (like in New Vegas)
  • Saving the high end armor/weapons until a later part of the game so you felt like you've "earned" them by then instead of just shoving them in your face and saying "oh by the way...fusion cores!" 
  • Yes, I actually do miss the repair skill/option on weapons and all armor. It made you give them that extra bit of attention (although I can see how annoying that could be to some). I also miss using skill points wherever I saw fit alongside perks. I guess it just felt as though dispersing skill points gave me more control over how I wanted to develop my character across different areas at one time rather than choosing just one perk, in one skill area, at a specified character level.    
  • Lastly, unless I'm missing something, I feel the speech checks should change their color coordination based on your current success of passing them. In the previous games you knew exactly if you were going to pass these checks or not, but in this one even a character with "only" 10 charisma can still fail these checks leaving you wondering what exactly does it take?
Alright, I think at this point I'm just going to charge through the story line and come back to finish it all up later because I have Just Cause 3 loaded and waiting for me since it released. Not to mention I haven't really even touched Anno 2205 since it released either all thanks to this game haha. 

These are reasons why I'm waiting till Obsidian releases a Fallout game and one ups BethSoft again. I always preferred NV over Fo3 cause it felt a bit more right. I guess that's the proper term to use. Plus from watching Twitch streams of the game and hearing\reading on websites like here issues with Fo4 I can't see myself justifying the 60 dollar price tag plus the 30 dollar charge for the season pass. I just can't afford blowing money on a game that might not really give me the fun I expect.

whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2015/12/31 04:07:23 (permalink)
Zuhl3156
I did some Power Armor mods including giving myself a 'flames' paint job and a jetpack. I just gave Cait/Fiona a jetpack for her Power Armor so she can follow me onto roofs if she can ever figure out how to use it.

You gave Cait a jet pack after you threatened to leave her??? Can you say Dog Fight? LOL
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2015/12/31 04:12:31 (permalink)
Brad_Hawthorne
whiskers54
stalinx20
If anyone rushes through this game and just does the main story, that's a lot of material and money blown.

This is what I don't understand and can only chalk it up to being bored when gamers rush through a huge game like this. When I spend money like I did for Fallout 4 I'll take my time and enjoy it... all of it. Take that same 60.00 that was paid for the game and spend it on other things of entertainment value and see how long that lasts. A lot of bang for the Cap here.

Some people are compulsive min/maxers that are incapable of enjoying any game. One would wonder why they'd buy any sandbox game at all though if that was their playing style. Sandbox games are meant to be wandered around in and explored in an organic, non-linear manner.

And let's not forget enjoyed.

While not all of these "compulsive min/maxers" do this but I do believe they do complain a lot about the game(s) because of it.
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2015/12/31 04:21:58 (permalink)
Vlada011
Very or not so.

Fallout 4 is very demanding. It demands that you buy and play it. LOL

Demanding equals resolution gaming will occur at and what card you are using. I had a 770 classy that was at 2560 1440 resolution and at max settings it got pushed around a lot. I reduced some of the settings and that took care of that. I did buy a 980 TI SC and cranked the setting back up. The 980 holds her ground. V-Sync on it holds steady at 60 and I don't notice any dropping from that. Makes the game very enjoyable.
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2015/12/31 04:28:05 (permalink)
El-Dubya
Well, 270 hours in and I still haven't finished the story or explored everything lol. The game looks great (the lighting/weather effects really make a huge difference imo) and obviously I'm enjoying it.

+1
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2015/12/31 05:08:51 (permalink)
Killmur

These are reasons why I'm waiting till Obsidian releases a Fallout game and one ups BethSoft again. I always preferred NV over Fo3 cause it felt a bit more right. I guess that's the proper term to use. Plus from watching Twitch streams of the game and hearing\reading on websites like here issues with Fo4 I can't see myself justifying the 60 dollar price tag plus the 30 dollar charge for the season pass. I just can't afford blowing money on a game that might not really give me the fun I expect.

I broke into this series with FO 3 and I was amazed with it even though it did have issues with Win 7. The INI patch took care of that problem. And yes, FO 3 still had issues where as FO 4 not so much. I don't think you will find any game that doesn't have issues and to be honest Skyrim was a serious improvement over Bethesda's past and I love Skyrim. But FO 4 is a huge improvement over Skyrim and I am still playing it. Just not since the FO 4 release. LOL

I did FO Nevada and I find myself not completing it....... yet. I like it but it just isn't the top of my list. I did however do FO 3 a couple of times and would probably do it over again, just differently.

I had a rule not to pre-buy games until they were tested and refined. I read too many reviews on games that made me take this approach. Plus I could wait it out for the price drop. But when it was released that FO 4 was to be released I broke that rule and pre-bought it. Paid full price and did so only because I really enjoyed Bethesda's previous release Skyrim. I have no regrets about that either as I am being entertained and for me, that's what matters.

whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2015/12/31 05:12:20 (permalink)
Anyone doing any Fall Out 4 mods yet? If so, which ones?
rsxownes
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 293
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Fallout 4 2015/12/31 07:16:19 (permalink)
whiskers54
Anyone doing any Fall Out 4 mods yet? If so, which ones?

The one that lets you craft bullets, 4K pip-boy texture, lower weapon while just walking around, the full dialog mod. Those are the ones I can think off the top of my head right now. I'll have to check while I'm home.

Current RIG
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo black case
CPU: Intel I9-13900K
MB: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB DDR5 5600
PS: EVGA 80 PLUS Platinum 1000 W
SSD: Kingston KC3000 4TB PCIe 4.0 x4 NVMe
GPU: Nvidia 4090

Heatware: https://heatware.com/eval.php?id=100702

Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Fallout 4 2015/12/31 07:43:03 (permalink)
whiskers54
Zuhl3156

You gave Cait a jet pack after you threatened to leave her??? Can you say Dog Fight? LOL

I never threatened to leave her I was just thinking about it so I could do the side quest with Piper, that's all. I hope you meant catfight, right? You wouldn't be calling my babe a dog, would you because she got game and she'll whoop your butt if she hears you talking about her like that! LOL
NazcaC2
EGC Admin
  • Total Posts : 7420
  • Ribbons : 38
Re: Fallout 4 2016/01/01 11:13:44 (permalink)
I'm reposting a link to my other thread here in case any of you have ideas. And, because there are more people here who visit this part of the forum, and my subject shares both. Thanks.

http://forums.evga.com/Ne...nstances-m2429886.aspx
post edited by NazcaC2 - 2016/01/01 11:33:50

Intel i9-12900K
ASUS Prime Z690-A
Corsair 850W RM850x
Windows 11 Professional
Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 A-RGB
Corsair Dominator 32GB DDR5 5200MHz
EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 ULTRA GAMING
4x Samsung 2TB 980 Pro SSD + 1x ADATA 512GB SU800
Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB SIGNATURE SERIES Mid-Tower - Neon Night
Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Fallout 4 2016/01/01 11:28:47 (permalink)
NazcaC2
I'm reposting a link to my other thread here in case any of you have ideas. And, because there are more people here who visit this part of the forum, and my subject shares both. Thanks.

http://forums.evga.com/m/..aspx?m=2429886&fp=1

But it sends me to the mobile site and looks yucky on my monitor. Blech!
NazcaC2
EGC Admin
  • Total Posts : 7420
  • Ribbons : 38
Re: Fallout 4 2016/01/01 11:33:28 (permalink)
Ok lol.

Fixed.

Intel i9-12900K
ASUS Prime Z690-A
Corsair 850W RM850x
Windows 11 Professional
Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 A-RGB
Corsair Dominator 32GB DDR5 5200MHz
EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 ULTRA GAMING
4x Samsung 2TB 980 Pro SSD + 1x ADATA 512GB SU800
Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB SIGNATURE SERIES Mid-Tower - Neon Night
Page: << < ..1112131415.. > >> Showing page 12 of 89