EVGA

EVGA rtx 3080 ftw3 ultra weird fan issues

Author
Dch5110
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2024/04/13 12:57:02 (permalink)
Hi everyone, I just bought a used EVGA RTX3080 FTW3 ULTRA to upgrade my pc, I installed it and have it up and running. On normal vbios switch setting at first all three fans wouldnt respond to any input, so I installed the updates from precision x1 and rebooted. Now the only fan that responds to all inputs seems to be fan 3. Fans 1 and 2 respond to inputs above 33% but when trying to go below they stay stuck at 33%. When switched over to the OC vbios setting all three 3 fans don't turn at all. In precision x1 only fans 1 and 2 show up and they do not respond to input.
I've tried everything that I could think of and everything that I've researched which includes: 
-having 3 separate power cables going from psu to card
-turned off fast boot and made changes in mobo bios for re-bar (which is active according to precision x1)
-uninstalled all msi afterburner and rivatuner stuff
-uninstalled and reinstalled precision x1 multiple times
-used DDU to uninstall and reinstall drivers multiple times
-used precision x1 to update the card

Throughout my research I've certainly come across lots of people having fan problems with these. Is the card fixable? Or should I make arrangements for a possible return? I'm about burnt out on this thing already. Any help is greatly appreciated.

4 Replies Related Threads

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49181
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: EVGA rtx 3080 ftw3 ultra weird fan issues 2024/04/13 13:20:22 (permalink)
    Rma it.
    DBaer8
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 114
    Re: EVGA rtx 3080 ftw3 ultra weird fan issues 2024/04/13 13:27:15 (permalink)
    I had the same issue. In fact I am frankly about done with the complexity of the newer GPUs and with Win 11, way to much garbage that you have to spend loads of time on figuring out how and why.
    Anyway, I was able to get all three fans running by playing with the Presicion XI page 1. I have all three fans set to run at 63%
    Just way more crapola to have to deal with than is fun any more.

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X
    Cooling: Corsair AIO
    MOBO: X570
    Memory: 32 Gb Dominator
    GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA
    Displays: Dell 48" 4K and a Dell 34" 2560 X 1440 curved
    PSU: Corsair AX1200I
    Sound: SB
    Storage: Boot.. Gygabyte NVME 1 TB, Storage/Programs 970EVO Pro 
    Custom case and
    Other  stuff.
    Dch5110
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: EVGA rtx 3080 ftw3 ultra weird fan issues 2024/04/13 14:09:08 (permalink)
    I bought it from ebay used and understand the evga warranty transfers to secondhand owners. I'm not sure if it would still be under warranty or not. Is it worth registering it and trying to go through the rma process or should I just return to seller?
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31036
    • Ribbons : 123
    Re: EVGA rtx 3080 ftw3 ultra weird fan issues 2024/04/13 15:49:58 (permalink)
    Dch5110
    I bought it from ebay used and understand the evga warranty transfers to secondhand owners. I'm not sure if it would still be under warranty or not. Is it worth registering it and trying to go through the rma process or should I just return to seller?

Enter a valid serial number to check the warranty status of the product
    This tool checks the warranty status based on the ship date from EVGA*

Just a few suggestions on your trouble shooting:

When sliding the GPU's BIOS switch - you should do a full power down of the PC, this includes unplugging from power source (then hold start button 20 seconds to discharge the capacitors) - as "Windows Off mode" = a "soft off" with power still supplied to MB

1) Shut down Windows  HOLD the Shift key Down, then select shutdown for Windows --> Keep the shift key down until the PC is fully powered down ... this prevents Windows on restart from starting by loading "last good configuration file" .... Make Windows take inventory of all Hardware & Drivers on next Startup.

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile