EVGA

z690 Classified can't finish installing Windows because no network drivers (Solution)

Author
Johntasticus
  • Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2022/09/30 19:19:25 (permalink)
I just finished with my build and when it came time to sign in to my account there was no network drivers to continue and I didn't have an older NIC card to install to continue, downloaded drivers from EVGA and they did not work. Looked everywhere for a solution but NOTHING worked... Here's what I did to fix it:

#1 On another PC download the generic network drivers from intel, just google intel network drivers. (the hyperlink was removed)

#2 Extract drivers on a usb drive, make sure the .inf files are on the root of the usb drive and restart PC

#3 Install WiFi antenna included with motherboard

#4 At the windows login screen to continue installation hit Shift+F10 and CLICK at the command prompt to start typing, enter the following WITHOUT quotation marks:
   1. "diskpart" <hit enter>
   2. "pnputil/add-driver d:/*.inf" <hit enter> (if you have more than one hard drive installed type "list volume" to see what drive letter is assigned to your USB drive)
If done correctly you will see drivers added 

#5 Restart your PC, don't bother with scanning devices it doesn't help

You should be able to connect to you WiFi network and continue from there. After that as normal install all network drivers. The funny thing is I installed the LAN drivers from the EVGA downloads section and the ethernet card still did not work... Just go into your device manager and automatically search for drivers. 
Worked for me, hopefully it works for you as well.

OR, if you haven't gotten that far yet, do yourself a favor and make a Windows boot USB with the installers version of windows and it will not ask you to login and you can just continue installing.
post edited by Johntasticus - 2022/09/30 19:24:52

4 Replies Related Threads

bombdig
    • Total Posts : 6
    Re: z690 Classified can't finish installing Windows because no network drivers (Solution) 2022/10/01 03:31:03 (permalink)
    Alternate path: Disable Win11 Network Requirement

When at the "connect to network" page:
    Shift + F10 to bring up CMD.
    type: OOBE\BYPASSNRO
    Hit enter.

The Windows11 installer should restart, but now wont require a network connection to finish.
    Once at desktop, transfer LAN or Wifi driver by USB stick. Enjoy!

Johntasticus
    • Total Posts : 5
    Re: z690 Classified can't finish installing Windows because no network drivers (Solution) 2022/10/01 07:22:13 (permalink)
    Well that would have been helpful, I really didn't want to sign into my Microsoft account. From what I understand it's quite invasive... That's good info for the future, thanks!
    Black_Hawx1
    • Total Posts : 65
    Re: z690 Classified can't finish installing Windows because no network drivers (Solution) 2022/10/02 21:22:14 (permalink)
    my fix for this trouble was:
    1-connect the little usb that came inside your z690 box, it comes with the drivers.
    2- press Shift + F10 (a cmd pop up should appear)
    3-in the cmd window type: explorer or explorer.exe
    4- once the explorer is open go to your usb key and press the setup.exe
    5- press auto install all motherboard drivers (u dont need to reboot)
    6- once is done u will see the lan and wifi conections available for setting your account.

MONITOR: MSI 27" IPS MAG274R2 G-Sync 165Hz 1080P
    CASE: EVGA DG 77 BLACK -MODDED
    MB: EVGA Z690 CLASSIFIED (BIOS 2.12)
    CPU: i5 12400 5.3 GHZ overclocked via BCLK
    AIO: Asus ROG Ryuo 120 -MODDED
    RAM: 32 Gb ram Corsair DOMINATOR DDR5 5200 Mhz
    SSD NVMe: WD SN850 NVMe 500 Gb 7000 mb/s (+500 x2 SATA3 SSD)
    GPU: EVGA RTX 3060 12 Gbs XC
    PSU: EVGA P6 SUPERNOVA 1000W PLATINUM 
    MOUSE: G Pro X Superlight
    KEYBOARD: G915

build: https://i.imgur.com/s56ZcCq.jpeg

Xhiril
    • Total Posts : 6
    Re: z690 Classified can't finish installing Windows because no network drivers (Solution) 2022/12/09 16:31:30 (permalink)
    When you are doing the windows install, and you pick your drive to choose to install windows on, there is an "Install Driver" option in the lower left, do that, point it to the USB drive that came with your motherboard, and browse to the LAN folder for Windows 11 or 10.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile