2012/12/24 07:22:33
Halo_003
Xaeik

$150 I can do. I already have my sights set on a different full-size case.

What case are you looking for? I have a few I could trade ya for it. 

HAF-XM
Storm Scout 2
Storm Stryker 
2013/01/22 19:14:21
radorix
Shot in the dark does anyone know if you can buy the internal bridges anywhere im still having trouble with mine now its throwing the no VGA code motherboard beeps while still having the green light and no red light and EVGA told me months ago they wouldnt warrenty the card. I mean i bought an Asus 680 GTX Top for my main rig its more I just hate having something this preety just sitting around and my backup/travel rig looks so good with this card in it.
2013/02/11 03:46:34
Gold Leader
Well my advice is to grab a defective GTX 295 or 9800 GX2  off ebay, these have the Internal SLI ribbon cables you are seeking and it's probably the cheapest and easiest way to obtain them too and oh you have a PM
2013/02/13 01:41:56
manuelg_nvidia
Interesting.  I never knew this card existed.  Looks nice.
@radorix - PM me your mailing address.  I'll see if I can find an extra 9800GX2 card I can send ya where you can pull off the internal SLI ribbon.  If you choose to buy one yourself off of Ebay, remember the GTX 295 came in single PCB and dual PCB versions.  You need the dual PCB version.
2013/02/13 03:17:12
Gold Leader
Yeah I think he knows what version to seek, the EVGA GeForce GTX 295 Red Edition was only made in the Dual PCB variant.

They were sold worldwide and about 500 were made as Sir Jacob Freeman told me via a PM after I asked him about these ultra rares, hereby they also out rare them ASUS MARS & ARES things, which makes them even harder to find and obtain.

They are to me the utmost beautiful GeForce cards ever made and they also gave me the best Quad SLI experience since I beta tested the 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP 128Mb Rev.A 3700:

My EVGA GTX 295 Red Edition Quad SLI setup was also built as a tradition to Quad SLI it's self and also to my Voodoo5 6000 I once worked with, after finding out about the GTX 295 Red Edition here:
http://www.techpowerup.co...X-295-Red-Edition.html

Due to that it was a Silent release, many people these days have not heard of it, so after reading that, I started looking for them back in 2009.
Here my first Quad SLI GTX 295 Red Edition set:
Here the build log of Blue-Leader SMP 2009, the main system I still use today, where the GTX 295 RE's were meant for and used with:
http://forums.evga.com/fb.ashx?m=143879
IAfter having them for about a year in service, I sold these to a good friend that lives in Western Australia for a good deal and about 2 years later I grabbed this set off ebay of 320 EUR incl shipping , since the US Boxes are extremely rare here in Europe, this was a find that is even worth more than platinum to me!

Here the topic where you can see these two in action and reunited with my main system:
http://forums.evga.com/fb.ashx?m=1433223

These cards made me happier than ever, I also did a GTX 295 Maintenance run with them which you can read here:
http://forums.evga.com/fb.ashx?m=1613434

And after I got my EVGA GeForce GTX 680 SuperClocked Signature Editions, this is the final resting place for my EVGA GeForce GTX 295 Red Editions:

here the Decoration added on it:

And with this topic I hope to find and gather more EVGA GeForce GTX 295 Red Edition users and add them in the EVGA GeForce GTX 295 Red Editions Owners List:
http://forums.evga.com/fb.ashx?m=1773275
2013/02/13 04:33:52
manuelg_nvidia
Thanks for the info. 

As a side note, my coworker who sits next to me also owns a 3DFX Voodoo 5 6000.  I used to bug him to sell it on Ebay cause at the time those fetched a pretty penny but he did not want to let it go. 

I hear you about the boxes.  Wife doesn't understand why I keep the boxes to a lot of my gadgets. 

Most of the cards that I get for testing at NVIDIA have CPU looking coolers so they aren't necessarily lookers but since the launch of the Geforce GTX 680, we have made it a priority to make the GPU housing look amazing, something gamers/customers would be proud to show off.  Maybe something you would want to add to your museum someday :)
2013/02/13 04:51:59
Gold Leader
Ahh very nice many thanks, that would be interesting indeed!

Also I have been looking for an Engineering Sample of the GTX 480 that has the GeForce Led Logo's and 512 Fermi CUDA Cores enabled, so far no luck, but yeah if you know where I could get something like this please let me know

As for that Voodooo5 6000 if your friend needs help with it I can greatly apply all the help he needs, since we are still getting new drivers for Voodoo5 6000 users, I highly recommend him using the latest SFFT drivers  from 3dfxzone.it which he can grab here:
http://www.3dfxzone.it/di...t/sfft_software_suite/

Here my 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 & 5000 research page,It's a backup of my original work on my own website.
http://dtaskforce.forumot...4-5-vga-cards-research

The main topic ran @ x-3dfx.com, but since that place in under construction I saved it and posted it there xD
If he wants to play DXX-Rebirth with Descent 1 &2 with his Voodoo5 6000 that is no problem he will need SFFT Alpha 41 Modified by ps47, ps47 is an old 3dfx freind of mine he and I made it possible to run OpenGL ES based games of all VSA-100 products xD Since DXX-Rebirth uses OpenGL ES 1.2, a minor driver modification was needed, ps47 applied the minor mod to SFFT Alpha 41 and it still works fine under Win2K Pro & XP Pro.

My most interesting 3dfx Engineering Samples were these; click them thumbs to enter their galliers, lots of high res pics that hold a wonderful memory, they were also my most faved cards of my old 3dfx VGA card collection, I had to sell them due to money need sadly 

3dfx Velocity 200 AGP 16MB Rev.A0 2699

3dfx Voodoo5 5000 AGP 32MB Rev.A0 3700 [First card]

3dfx Voodoo5 5000 AGP 32MB Rev.A0 3700 [Second card]

3dfx Voodoo5 5000 PCI 32MB Rev.A1 0900

3dfx Voodoo5 5500 PCI + DVI 64MB Rev.A1 2900 with PC Bios 1.11_LCD Beta From 3dfx Apple Group

3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP 128MB Rev.A 3700

The Velocity 200, The Voodoo5 5000's and the Voodoo5 6000 were never released on the market
2013/02/13 09:58:53
rjohnson11
Man those 3DFX cards bring back some fond memories
2013/02/13 10:51:30
Gold Leader
rjohnson11

Man those 3DFX cards bring back some fond memories

Hehe well that were my Engineering Samples I had back then, most of them never reached the market, but tech wise they were very innovative creations, after NVIDIA bought 3dfx Tech and their assets, it's still being used for their VGA cards we have today.

3dfx created T-Buffer which had these techs:
Rotated Grid FSAA
Motion Blur
Depth of Field Blur
Soft Shadows
Soft Reflections

And their M-Buffer also passed along Multi-Sampled Anti Aliasing with improved versions of the tech T-Buffer had.
The funny part is that 3dfx created and used these techs back in Late 1999 as where today these techs are still being used widely in titles of today.

2013/02/13 18:18:33
manuelg_nvidia
Man you are bringing back so many memories from college. :)  I had the original Voodoo card, Voodoo II SLI 12MB (paired with NVIDIA Riva TNT), Voodoo 3 3000.  I still have the reviewers box from the Voodoo 3 3000 in my cube since I loved the art on it:

I'll pass along the 3dfx info to my coworker.  Thanks for the memories again :)

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account