EVGA

Issues with the 1080ti SC2 and RMA services ?.

Author
alexsunny123
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/04/15 23:09:57 (permalink)
Hello,

I originally purchased the card (during the mining craze). 9/3/2018 from Amazon. I paid 1000 euro for the card, from amazon directly, and not a 3rd party seller that uses amazon.
Card for the last 3-4 months was acting a bit strange, but was working, so i couldn't blame the card entirely on what happened. Card was never overclocked outside the parameters that XC1 allows. Usually just slide the power limit and temp target to max, and turn the fans to 100%. never even reached 75 degrees. 
Firstly, games, and mostly Dead by daylight started to crash, randomly. Sometimes in the lobby, sometimes during a game, sometimes after 2 games. So i couldnt say pinpoint the problem to the GPU. Dead by daylight isnt a very polished game, and with every patch the introduced problems instead of fixes so i really didnt know it was the card. Anyway, after reading on forums that many people had the same issue, i tried underclocking the card, and giving it just a bit more voltage to get it working. And indeed it was working like a charm. No issues, for months. Keep in mind i tried changine the drivers etc. 
Early 2021, the card suddenly, as i was playing a different game, suddenly black screens, fans go to 100% (and i mean all the fans of the PC and i was in a boot loop getting Error codes pointing to the GPU.) Tried using it in a different computer. with nearly identical hardware, nothing. Tried using is as a secondary GPU, windows could identify the card, but as soon as the nvidia driver tried to install it would crash. Didnt even want to get involved with custom bios (which worked for some people) and decided to RMA the product. (Up until that point i thought that RMA services from EVGA were, to say the least, legendary, without ever needing to use them). And thats where the issues began.

Started up a ticket, took days to get a reply, i wouldnt get an answer to the same ticket. I wanted the card to be replaced with the same model as i was sending back, and not get a 2060 as an ''upgrade''. And yes, i was told that on the phone. they consider a 2060-2070 to be a proper replacement for a 1080ti. Anyway, i asked for the card to be replaced with the same model i was sending back, which, they told me it was possible. I wanted a card with 11GB of VRAM, as i find myself needing that and not the extra FPS that i would get. Anyway the whole RTX experience on the 20 series cards isnt worth it imao, and i never felt the need to ''upgrade'' to the 20 series. 30 series is nowhere to be found so that wasnt an option either. 

thanks
alexsunny
post edited by alexsunny123 - 2021/06/07 06:30:49

3 Replies Related Threads

ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 21174
    • Ribbons : 270
    Re: Issues with the 1080ti SC2 and RMA services ?. 2021/04/16 05:00:28 (permalink)
    alexsunny123

I wanted the card to be replaced with the same model as i was sending back, and not get a 2060 as an ''upgrade''.

That's not something that you have control over.  If there aren't any of the same model available, EVGA will send you a replacement card of equal or greater performance, according to the terms of the warranty.

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
    My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102394
    • Ribbons : 85
    Re: Issues with the 1080ti SC2 and RMA services ?. 2021/04/16 05:07:27 (permalink)
    The terms of warranty are what EVGA can do for you. My suggestion is that you contact EVGA by phone.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

EVGATech_DanielM
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 1132
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Issues with the 1080ti SC2 and RMA services ?. 2021/04/16 17:27:59 (permalink)
    EVGA will always attempt to replace your product with the same part number and if that is not available we will send one of equal performance. I was not able to see any products registered to your account but I can confirm we would not speculate about the replacement until we have received the product. Not entirely sure who you spoke to but we would never confirm a part replacement until we have processed your RMA. Hope this helps!

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile