EVGA

Hot!XR1 lite Firmware Update (6/14/2022)

Author
EVGA_Lee
  • Total Posts : 4247
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 14
2022/06/14 16:06:05 (permalink)
Hello, we have a new firmware to address audio delay issues on the XR1 lite:

Please visit our Download page at https://www.evga.com/support/download/ and select "Other Products" -> "Capture Device" -> "All" -> "Firmware for XR1 lite".

Firmware Update for XR1 lite:
  • USB firmware: v01.04.06.06.0501
  • MCU firmware: v09.0D
Release Notes:
  • Fixes issue on OBS where the capture card sometimes cuts to the top of the screen and places it underneath when Alt-Tabbing in a full-screen application.
  • Fixes issue where the screen would unexpectedly split when switching full screen on/off with "The Microsoft Movies & TV" Windows App.

Please let us know if you have any questions or issues after using this firmware!

7 Replies Related Threads

r-dub
    • Total Posts : 2
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: XR1 lite Firmware Update (6/14/2022) 2022/06/23 15:16:58 (permalink)
    Hi EVGATech_LeeM, 

I've downloaded the latest firmware, but I didn't see a checksum to verify the initial .zip download, and the .exe isn't signed. How is the download supposed to be verified? Is there normally a signed installer?

If there's some other way to install this that would obviate the need for the above, my apologies, and could you please point it out?

Thanks! 
    EVGA_Lee
    • Total Posts : 4247
    • Ribbons : 14
    Re: XR1 lite Firmware Update (6/14/2022) 2022/06/24 17:38:45 (permalink)
    r-dub
    Hi EVGATech_LeeM, 

I've downloaded the latest firmware, but I didn't see a checksum to verify the initial .zip download, and the .exe isn't signed. How is the download supposed to be verified? Is there normally a signed installer?

If there's some other way to install this that would obviate the need for the above, my apologies, and could you please point it out?

Thanks! 

Thanks for noticing.  I replaced the upload with a new signed version.  Please download the file again.  You might need to clear your cache first or try a different browser if the new download isn't signed.
    r-dub
    • Total Posts : 2
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: XR1 lite Firmware Update (6/14/2022) 2022/06/25 07:06:24 (permalink)
    Hi EVGATech_LeeM,
    Thank you! The quick turnaround is much appreciated.

limea
    • Total Posts : 11
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: XR1 lite Firmware Update (6/14/2022) 2022/07/13 21:49:48 (permalink)
    This firmware update seems to oversaturate and make the colors look weird with no amount of color correction on OBS helping. The image looked more like it's supposed to on the previous firmwares. The image controls under configure video have also gone missing since the previous firmware update leaving only camera controls there. The audio delay seems to still be present when using YUY2 and whilst not actually being delayed with NV12, it does some weird audio cuts sometimes presumably to not get delayed, which is a little annoying. These audio delay issues don't seem to appear when using the capture cards' audio separately through Audio Input Capture source on OBS so I don't understand why it has these issues when using the audio through Video Capture Device source. Also for some reason the color seems to be noticeably different between NV12 and YUY2 video formats and it's been like that since the first firmware version. Maybe that's the way it supposed to be, but I don't have another card that does both YUY2 and NV12 to confirm with and from my experience YUY2 on this card seems to look worse than NV12 despite YUY2 being less compressed than NV12, although on the latest firmware YUY2 looked more normal than NV12 did, but still not like it's supposed to. I'd appreciate it a lot if you could look into getting these issues, especially the audio delay, fixed.
    AtSymbolKnight
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: XR1 lite Firmware Update (6/14/2022) 2023/02/05 20:20:29 (permalink)
    I don't see a way to get the USB Firmware to update, the tool reports an older version than the website and it doesn't seem to try to update it. Windows doesn't recognize any of the files in the folder as a driver for the device, so Idk what else to try.
    sqwerchy
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: XR1 lite Firmware Update (6/14/2022) 2023/12/30 12:41:30 (permalink)
    EVGA_Lee
    Hello, we have a new firmware to address audio delay issues on the XR1 lite:

Please visit our Download page at and select "Other Products" -> "Capture Device" -> "All" -> "Firmware for XR1 lite".

Firmware Update for XR1 lite:
    • USB firmware: v01.04.06.06.0501
    • MCU firmware: v09.0D
    Release Notes:
    • Fixes issue on OBS where the capture card sometimes cuts to the top of the screen and places it underneath when Alt-Tabbing in a full-screen application.
    • Fixes issue where the screen would unexpectedly split when switching full screen on/off with "The Microsoft Movies & TV" Windows App.

Please let us know if you have any questions or issues after using this firmware!

Hi EVGA_Lee. I am in the same boat as the guy above me. The MCU updated just fine, but the USB firmware for mine still shows current firmware as 01.04.03.00.0002 and it will not update. How do we fix this?
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30983
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: XR1 lite Firmware Update (6/14/2022) 2023/12/31 14:37:16 (permalink)
    Make sure you uncheck the box for "Show latest Driver" to see all driver update options

Please confirm your downloading the file for your OS as W10 & W11 have different files

EVGA support team is available through email at Support@EVGA.com

Please also take note of our holiday schedule: EVGA - Holiday Schedule 2023/2024

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile