EVGA

X99 flashing lights

Author
th0rshammer
  • Total Posts : 12
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2017/04/16 18:21:47 (permalink)
Hi I have an x99 classified with 6850 intel 32gig of cosair vengence a 1200 w psu a dg87 case m2 samsung 650ssd . Some time in jan my psu pop causing smoke to come out of the controle panel of the case  evga sent me out a new front panel they also sent out a new psu plus a new mb. Let me state here E.V.G.A. has treated me fairly and I have no complaints. That being said im terrified to turn of the system because once I do I get the flashing  lights. Ive read on forums that in the bois their is a setting that say on power lost do not power on I believe this to b the problem with this board and al the other flashing lights symptoms.  The problem is to change this you need to be in the sytem witch I can not do. I turn it off yeterday at 11pm to add anther 1070ftw in sli since then ive been having flashing lights ive cycled the sytem left it totaly off for an hour put it on for an hr with flashing lights nothi g. Sometimes this works it will just come back. Evga sent me psu cables I havent done this but I will tommorrow since it Easter and I didnt feel like getting aggravated again to tell the truth this is the best looking sytem ive ever build very clean beautiful cable mangment I bought anther x99 classified sitting in a box might swap that out im just baffled and could use some input.

1 Reply Related Threads

th0rshammer
    • Total Posts : 12
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: X99 flashing lights 2017/04/22 10:43:14 (permalink)
    Found the fix for this it was the 3.0 usb header cable when I remove cable from the mb the board powers on normally ty Josh evga help desk kudos also put a line conditioner on the power
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile