X-58 Classified 3 - Ethernet port Issue LFH

Author
Lan019
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 295
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 2
2021/03/07 15:25:36 (permalink)
Hey all, I'm having a bit of a issue that I can't find a fix for and was wondering if I could get a hand here.

I own a X-58 Classified 3 141-GT-E770 motherboard and I've recently moved. My PC was working just perfectly minutes before I broke it down and put it in my car. Now by broke it down. I mean unplugged the Keyboard, Mouse , Surround sound, and power/monitor cables. I didn't completely take the PC apart and pack parts. Just put the case in the back seat of the car. I haven't change any settings , downloaded anything new, or changed Bios or Windows 10 System settings at all.

My setup before from my Old IPS was a router with a short 2 foot cable hooked to my PC from the Router, then my larger cable hooked from the house into the back of the Router. At the new place it has all the internet connection setup in the laundry room and Ethernet ports all through out the house. I took my longer ethernet cable and hooked it into my PC Port directly to the Wall Port and it won't read it being connected now. Now the weird thing is that USB Tethering with my Phone Works. A Ethernet to USB adapter works using the same longer Ethernet Cable from the wall. But without the Adapter It won't read the same longer Ethernet Cable. The Ethernet Cable plug on the Motherboard power Green Light is on. But once the Ethernet Cable is plugged in There is no Data Transfer with the Orange light.

I'm really confused on what Is wrong. I can't seem to find anything on the net on what the issue is.

Any help here would be great, Thanks alot

10 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30974
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: X-58 Classified 3 - Ethernet port Issue LFH 2021/03/08 06:38:16 (permalink)
    Not sure I followed all of that ?

Test at the router  .... the wires run through the home may be damaged or improperly terminated

If it works at the router, test with a different cable at your wall outlet or a different room

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102241
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: X-58 Classified 3 - Ethernet port Issue LFH 2021/03/08 06:43:22 (permalink)
    I'm not sure if I followed this either but make sure you reload the ethernet drivers from your X-58 cd rom or USB stick. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

Lan019
    iCX Member
    Re: X-58 Classified 3 - Ethernet port Issue LFH 2021/03/08 11:07:49 (permalink)
    Okay lets see if some pictures will help, https://imgur.com/a/j6gdhw8..

My issue is that everything was working fine before the move and this should really just be a plug and play solution. But for some reason my Ethernet port wont read the same cable I've been using for years at my old place. But the same cable works completely fine on other devices. I just can't seem to find out the problem.

The Old ISP setup was as Such, House Ethernet Line to > Router Ethernet Line to > PC Ethernet Port..

New ISP Setup.

Not working v  v ( Internet Off )
    Router Box in Laundry room to > Cables to Rooms to > Ethernet Port in Living Room > To long Ethernet Cable to PC Ethernet Port

Working  v  v ( Internet On )
    Router Box in Laundry room to > Cables to Rooms to > Ethernet Port in Living Room > To long Ethernet Cable > to USB Ethernet Adaptor > to USB port

@Cool GTX 
    Cool GTX

Test at the router  .... the wires run through the home may be damaged or improperly terminated

If it works at the router, test with a different cable at your wall outlet or a different room

Yes, We considered that and we used the same cable on another PC and laptop worked just fine. Both from the Wall port in the living room and the Box itself. Everything seems to be in working order. With the exception of my Ethernet Port on MY PC not reading the Ethernet Cable.

@rjohnson11
    rjohnson11
    I'm not sure if I followed this either but make sure you reload the ethernet drivers from your X-58 cd rom or USB stick. 

I'll have to look on the EVGA website for that I never had or lost a CD with drivers on it. I hope I'm explaining this better, Let me know if you need anymore information. I've have a workaround that seems to be holding up atm. But I'd prefer to get this back to normal working order asap. 

Thanks for the help so far

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102241
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: X-58 Classified 3 - Ethernet port Issue LFH 2021/03/08 11:15:04 (permalink)
    Drivers for old and new motherboards can be found here:

EVGA - Download Center

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

wmmills
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5679
    • Ribbons : 40
    Re: X-58 Classified 3 - Ethernet port Issue LFH 2021/03/08 13:38:06 (permalink)
    Lan019

My issue is that everything was working fine before the move and this should really just be a plug and play solution. But for some reason my Ethernet port wont read the same cable I've been using for years at my old place. But the same cable works completely fine on other devices. I just can't seem to find out the problem.

The Old ISP setup was as Such, House Ethernet Line to > Router Ethernet Line to > PC Ethernet Port..

New ISP Setup.

Router Box in Laundry room to > Cables to Rooms to > Ethernet Port in Living Room > To long Ethernet Cable to PC Ethernet Port

Router Box in Laundry room to > Cables to Rooms to > Ethernet Port in Living Room > To long Ethernet Cable > to USB Ethernet Adaptor > to USB port

@Cool GTX 
    Cool GTX

Yes, We considered that and we used the same cable on another PC and laptop worked just fine. Both from the Wall port in the living room and the Box itself. Everything seems to be in working order. With the exception of my Ethernet Port on MY PC not reading the Ethernet Cable.

@rjohnson11
    rjohnson11

I'll have to look on the EVGA website for that I never had or lost a CD with drivers on it. I hope I'm explaining this better, Let me know if you need anymore information. I've have a workaround that seems to be holding up atm. But I'd prefer to get this back to normal working order asap. 

Did you check in device manager for issues and in the event viewer logs for issues in the last hour or 24 hours? Check the bios settings? Dont you have a second port on that board, if so did you try that one? Did you disable any networking or other services or use a optimizer program?

MOBO: EVGA x299 Dark, CPU: I9 10900X, RAM: Patriot Viper RGB 3600 32gb, SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, M2: Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB, PSU: CoolerMaster M2 1500, CPU HSF: EVGA 240 CLC HSF~ P/P EK Furious Vardar, G-CARD:EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming w/Hybrid kit and Noctua IPPC 3000 P/P, CASE: LIAN-LI PC-V2010B w/ Window mod, OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, MON: Alienware AW3821DW

New EVGA product? Register it NOW with this link:
    http://www.evga.com/register/default.asp?affiliatecode=4QFQRAMOII
     Help Our Vets From K-2!
    [link=https://strongholdfreedom
    Lan019
    iCX Member
    Re: X-58 Classified 3 - Ethernet port Issue LFH 2021/03/08 14:07:23 (permalink)
    wmmills
    Lan019

New ISP Setup.

@Cool GTX 
    Cool GTX

@rjohnson11
    rjohnson11

Did you check in device manager for issues and in the event viewer logs for issues in the last hour or 24 hours? Check the bios settings? Dont you have a second port on that board, if so did you try that one? Did you disable any networking or other services or use a optimizer program?

There are no issue in the Device manager or event viewer logs, Bio's haven't been altered in at least a year. I do have a 2nd Port on the Motherboard But its covered by the IO shield. I'll try to remove it without having to take the motherboard out and test that. I didn't alter, add, or use any other services or programs before or currently. 

HeavyHemi
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 15665
    • Ribbons : 135
    Re: X-58 Classified 3 - Ethernet port Issue LFH 2021/03/08 17:00:31 (permalink)
    Lan019
    wmmills
    Lan019

New ISP Setup.

@Cool GTX 
    Cool GTX

@rjohnson11
    rjohnson11

There are no issue in the Device manager or event viewer logs, Bio's haven't been altered in at least a year. I do have a 2nd Port on the Motherboard But its covered by the IO shield. I'll try to remove it without having to take the motherboard out and test that. I didn't alter, add, or use any other services or programs before or currently. 

Does it work with a different ethernet cable? If you download the driver package from intel for your NIC model it contains utilities to test the NIC and the cable.
    Unless I am missing something your issue is a cable that doesn't work when plugged in directly from the PC to the ethernet jack. It could be the ethernet jack is wired incorrectly with  the TX and RX reversed. If so some devices will sense that and auto correct. Which would explain why using a dongle would work.  Make sure the jack wiring is correct.

EVGA X99 FTWK / i7 6850K @ 4.5ghz / RTX 3080Ti FTW Ultra / 32GB Corsair LPX 3600mhz / Samsung 850Pro 256GB / Be Quiet BN516 Straight Power 12-1000w 80 Plus Platinum / Window 10 Pro

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30974
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: X-58 Classified 3 - Ethernet port Issue LFH 2021/03/09 07:34:50 (permalink)
    MB, network port does not function correctly - after moving PC

- check that MB backplate ground tabs "fingers" are not where they should not be - inside of a port & in the way

- check for dust bunny, damaged pins or some other foreign object preventing correct contact with cable (spider, beetle, plastic ...)

- replace cable

- test with Network card - bypass the MB connection

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

xenkw0n
    • Total Posts : 44
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: X-58 Classified 3 - Ethernet port Issue LFH 2021/03/09 23:02:00 (permalink)
    Almost sounds like it just failed.  If the cable is confirmed working and the config on the PC itself hasn't changed (BIOS/Windows) then you're looking at either a bad port or what Cool GTX was trying to allude to, physical issues effecting the port.
    HeavyHemi
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 15665
    • Ribbons : 135
    Re: X-58 Classified 3 - Ethernet port Issue LFH 2021/03/10 17:54:50 (permalink)
    Lan019
    wmmills
    Lan019

New ISP Setup.

@Cool GTX 
    Cool GTX

@rjohnson11
    rjohnson11

This is abnormal. Somehow or another your IO shield is misaligned. if the IO shield is misaligned that means it's possible your motherboard shifted in the case. You might want to inspect things a bit more closely since the move.

EVGA X99 FTWK / i7 6850K @ 4.5ghz / RTX 3080Ti FTW Ultra / 32GB Corsair LPX 3600mhz / Samsung 850Pro 256GB / Be Quiet BN516 Straight Power 12-1000w 80 Plus Platinum / Window 10 Pro

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile