EVGA

Windows 11 24H2 update apparently gives a substantial performance increase for AMD's Ryzen

Author
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 30693
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 123
2024/08/27 18:10:06 (permalink)
Windows 11 Update Brings Performance Boost to Ryzen CPUs

(excerpt - BOLD added)

Microsoft's upcoming Windows 11 24H2 update apparently gives a substantial performance increase for AMD's Ryzen CPUs. This is particularly true for the older Zen 4 and newer Zen 5 Ryzen CPUs, as multiple tests have seen as much as 10 percent increase in performance.

According to hardware testing conducted by Hardware Unboxed and KitGuru, the 24H2 update gives an average performance improvement of 10 percent for the older Ryzen 7 7700X and 11 percent for the latest Ryzen 9700X.

Even the Ryzen 9 7950X, a previous generation flagship seen in our best CPUs list, sees noticeable performance gains with the new update.

Another newer processer that saw improvement was the AMD 7800X3D. It showed an increase when tested in certain games and is a great example of the Zen 4 and Zen 5 architecture receiving upgrades from this update.

Good to see MS make some code improvements for the AMD CPU

I might actually finally make the switch from W10 over to W11, now that my AMD 5950X CPU Rigs, will get better performance

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

Older RIG projects RTX Project  Nibbler

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile