EVGA

Hot!Why doesn't EVGA switch to AMD and/or Intel graphics cards?

Author
Nelly.
  • Total Posts : 8
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2023/05/14 11:04:21 (permalink)
Genuine question, why don't EVGA just switch over to manufacturing AMD and/or Intel graphics cards? People will buy them because of EVGAs reputation for quality customer service.  Numerous other manufacturers provide a terrible service when it comes to after care, I won't mention names but its true.

Come on EVGA! Switch over and get producing GPUs again.  People show your support for this, lets show EVGA that they are still needed in the GPU sector!

? ? ? AMD Ryzen 5 7600 Kingston 2x16GB 5600C36
EVGA GTX 1070 Corsair HX 750 PSU
Samsung 980 Pro 2TB Creative ZxR Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120
NEC 24WMGX3 24" TFT Fractal Design Define S Win 11 Pro / Linux

15 Replies Related Threads

bill1024
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 11105
    • Ribbons : 65
    Re: Why doesn't EVGA switch to AMD and/or Intel graphics cards? 2023/05/14 12:03:45 (permalink)
    EVGA is a privately owned company and the owner is getting older and ready to retire. He wanted to spend more time with family and slow things down some. I take it he didn't/doesn't want to sell the business for what ever reason. Quit while ahead, maybe?
    The GPU market was tough with supply issues and profit margin issues, queues, backlogs, no products, enraged customers.
    Made more profit with less percent of the business with mice, PSUs, keyboards and so on than with GPUs with the headaches. 

I wish him well and a big thanks for all that EVGA has done for the gaming, folding and crunching communities. 
    My guess is EVGA will close down in the next couple/few years after the warranties expire and he is more and more ready to close shop and retire it for good. But who knows what the future will bring. Things could go a different way but not looking like it.

Thank you.
    Bill

Life is too short to carry a cheap pocket knife

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102323
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: Why doesn't EVGA switch to AMD and/or Intel graphics cards? 2023/05/20 01:05:07 (permalink)
    bill1024
    EVGA is a privately owned company and the owner is getting older and ready to retire. He wanted to spend more time with family and slow things down some. I take it he didn't/doesn't want to sell the business for what ever reason. Quit while ahead, maybe?
    The GPU market was tough with supply issues and profit margin issues, queues, backlogs, no products, enraged customers.
    Made more profit with less percent of the business with mice, PSUs, keyboards and so on than with GPUs with the headaches. 

I wish him well and a big thanks for all that EVGA has done for the gaming, folding and crunching communities. 
    My guess is EVGA will close down in the next couple/few years after the warranties expire and he is more and more ready to close shop and retire it for good. But who knows what the future will bring. Things could go a different way but not looking like it.

Thank you.
    Bill

I am hoping the current owner will sell EVGA and then he can retire with a good amount of cash for him and his family. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10103
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Why doesn't EVGA switch to AMD and/or Intel graphics cards? 2023/05/20 03:05:34 (permalink)
    rjohnson11
    bill1024

Thank you.
    Bill

I am hoping the current owner will sell EVGA and then he can retire with a good amount of cash for him and his family. 

I agree with this fully. I think Gamers Nexus said it best though when they said the industry moves quickly and the EVGA brand name is something that gamers love right now. If they moved right now on to Intel or AMD the industry would be excited about it but if it takes 2-3 years from now the EVGA brand name in graphics card wouldn't be as well recognized.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14686
    • Ribbons : 38
    Re: Why doesn't EVGA switch to AMD and/or Intel graphics cards? 2023/05/20 16:20:22 (permalink)
    I think EVGA keeping the lights on until all the graphic cards and motherboards warranty expire. Once that happens, a skeleton crew can handle RMA's and selling power supplies and gaming peripherals. 

If you already had enough money in the bank to enjoy life. Would you sell your company for even more money in the bank or slowly retire the brand to avoid it's reputation from being ran into the ground.

troy8d
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2815
    • Ribbons : 10
    Re: Why doesn't EVGA switch to AMD and/or Intel graphics cards? 2023/05/20 16:45:49 (permalink)
    MSim
    I think EVGA keeping the lights on until all the graphic cards and motherboards warranty expire. Once that happens, a skeleton crew can handle RMA's and selling power supplies and gaming peripherals. 

If you already had enough money in the bank to enjoy life. Would you sell your company for even more money in the bank or slowly retire the brand to avoid it's reputation from being ran into the ground.

I would mentor a successor to carry on the business in a manner consistent with the company culture and business ethics that built the reputation in the first place.  I'm sure there are/were people at the company capable of maintaining EVGA's standards of excellence.  Selling to a soulless corporation is not the only option.

ASSOCIATE CODE : N3OP4FX27BEO113 (3-10% off EVGA.com purchases)   |   AFFILIATE/REWARDS CODE: K2LS6QIN0Y (EVGA product registration)
    kongfra
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 135
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Why doesn't EVGA switch to AMD and/or Intel graphics cards? 2023/05/20 16:52:15 (permalink)
    MSim

if it were me I would sell, and take that money, at that point I can careless about reputation , EVGA was great for its cards, but other then the PC gaming industry most won't care , it not like we are talking about amazon or apple

3080 TI XC3, i9-10850K, Noctua NH-D15S, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite, Crucial Ballistix 32 GB Ram DDR4-3200 CL16 , EVGA Supernova G6 1000W 80+ Gold, Windows 10 Pro,  LG 27GP83B-B with Dual Dell S2716DG Monitor, 2 TB Crucial MX500 SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case
    B0baganoosh
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2366
    • Ribbons : 39
    Re: Why doesn't EVGA switch to AMD and/or Intel graphics cards? 2023/05/21 05:16:36 (permalink)
    I think the problem with the current trajectory is that it doesn't avoid the reputation being ran into the ground. It actually forces it to some extent. The only way to avoid it would have been to spend the time finding someone to take over that truly cares about the brand, the people, and the products involved and let them take over. I wish we could convince him of that, but I doubt anybody can.

6Q6CPFHPBPCU691 is a discount code anyone can use.

i9 13900k - EVGA Z690 Classy - Nvidia RTX 4090 FE - G.Skill 32GB DDR5-6000  - WD SN850 2TB NVMe Gen4 - Be Quiet! Straight Power 12 1200W - Be Quiet! Dark Base 900 Pro. MO-RA3 420 Pro. Dark Palimpsest MODS RIGS post for build notes.
    transdogmifier
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6116
    • Ribbons : 17
    Re: Why doesn't EVGA switch to AMD and/or Intel graphics cards? 2023/05/21 05:46:06 (permalink)
    B0baganoosh
    I think the problem with the current trajectory is that it doesn't avoid the reputation being ran into the ground. It actually forces it to some extent. The only way to avoid it would have been to spend the time finding someone to take over that truly cares about the brand, the people, and the products involved and let them take over. I wish we could convince him of that, but I doubt anybody can.

probably not..I see him as a pretty selfish individual. *shrug* but it's his company.

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
    Deepcool LT720
    Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
    eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
    Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
    eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
    32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
    Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
    Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
    Phanteks P500A Case

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10103
    Re: Why doesn't EVGA switch to AMD and/or Intel graphics cards? 2023/05/21 09:10:20 (permalink)
    troy8d
    MSim

I would mentor a successor to carry on the business in a manner consistent with the company culture and business ethics that built the reputation in the first place.  I'm sure there are/were people at the company capable of maintaining EVGA's standards of excellence.  Selling to a soulless corporation is not the only option.

If a company is successful then it doesn’t need to be sold to a soulless corporation.

We talk about the owner having money to retire comfortably. That money is proof that you can run a business that cares and still make a profit.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

troy8d
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: Why doesn't EVGA switch to AMD and/or Intel graphics cards? 2023/05/21 09:45:07 (permalink)
    transdogmifier
    B0baganoosh

probably not..I see him as a pretty selfish individual. *shrug* but it's his company.

I was thinking more egotistical than selfish, but certainly along the same lines.  I also agree that the way things were handled was very unprofessional and tarnishes EVGA's reputation.  Unfortunately there is not much that anyone can do about it.

ASSOCIATE CODE : N3OP4FX27BEO113 (3-10% off EVGA.com purchases)   |   AFFILIATE/REWARDS CODE: K2LS6QIN0Y (EVGA product registration)
    troy8d
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: Why doesn't EVGA switch to AMD and/or Intel graphics cards? 2023/05/21 09:49:44 (permalink)
    Hoggle
    troy8d
    MSim

If a company is successful then it doesn’t need to be sold to a soulless corporation.

We talk about the owner having money to retire comfortably. That money is proof that you can run a business that cares and still make a profit.

I think you may have misunderstood what I was trying to say.  No one is arguing that EVGA was unsuccessful or that it was anything short of excellent it terms of caring for and supporting its customers. 

I was pointing out that mentoring a successor would allow the company to continue doing this rather than exiting the market (which in my opinion ultimately undermines everything EVGA stood for).

Flybye
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1169
    Re: Why doesn't EVGA switch to AMD and/or Intel graphics cards? 2023/05/27 05:23:05 (permalink)
    Selling it to a soulless corp that will run the name into the ground or running it into the ground yourself.  Hmm. I suppose slowly running it into the ground than someone else bastardizing the brand is the better way to go. It is understandable why they don't release long-term plans, but I feel like it is an injustice to those that have repeatedly purchased their products. Heck, I wouldn't mind paying $50 or $100 for the info with a disclaimer stating if I tell anyone I'll get sued lol. Being in the dark just plain sucks, and it's the perfect way to slowly have people go.

Gaming thing
    i9-12900KF @ 5.20GHz
    EVGA: Z690 Classified - RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra - Supernova 1200w P3 - DG-75
    32GBs Corsair Dominator DDR5 @ 6800 - Seagate: .5TB, 1TB M.2s, HD 4TB
    Sony CRT 24" GDM-FW900 16:10 - DangerDen (RIP) Goodies: 2x120mm Rad & D5 + Primochill stuff
    Brad_Hawthorne
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 23174
    • Ribbons : 39
    Re: Why doesn't EVGA switch to AMD and/or Intel graphics cards? 2023/06/23 08:47:10 (permalink)
    Flybye
    Selling it to a soulless corp that will run the name into the ground or running it into the ground yourself.  Hmm. I suppose slowly running it into the ground than someone else bastardizing the brand is the better way to go. It is understandable why they don't release long-term plans, but I feel like it is an injustice to those that have repeatedly purchased their products. Heck, I wouldn't mind paying $50 or $100 for the info with a disclaimer stating if I tell anyone I'll get sued lol. Being in the dark just plain sucks, and it's the perfect way to slowly have people go.

From personal experience, selling out and being beholden to another entity never ends well. You become relegated to middle man status and eventually are seen as the problem, not the solution for the direction of a company. Even if a brand gets driven into the ground, it's still better to be at the helm of the steering wheel than become the victim of someone else's intent. I lost the product line I ran because of a sellout situation in 2018. I've still not recovered my original intent in a replacement since then.
    Chrome-M-Dragon
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 7806
    • Ribbons : 30
    Re: Why doesn't EVGA switch to AMD and/or Intel graphics cards? 2023/06/24 08:33:04 (permalink)
    Honestly, I'd love something like an AMA with Han. See what he had to say in real time to some real questions. Doubt it would ever happen. Why would you want to spend a bit of time talking to those that have supported your business for all those years?/s

People are, well, only Human. We know that. The rule of law is borne out in identifying, condemning, and punishing those who violate the standards on which we all agree. This is exactly what we do in america. -James Inhofe

Use any of the codes below for a free hug and a high five! Much love to all you wonderful nerds!
    Associate: 5L1LJB5JQ94H892 Affiliate Code: QRXQKO8ZJS

ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 21174
    • Ribbons : 270
    Re: Why doesn't EVGA switch to AMD and/or Intel graphics cards? 2023/06/24 19:32:59 (permalink)
    Unless there is a surprise change, it's only a matter of time before this forum community is suddenly nuked.

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
    My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile