EVGA

Who's going 1080Ti on water? Founder's + EK block or HydroCopper?

Page: << < ..2122 > Showing page 21 of 22
Author
GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10323
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 48
Re: Who's going 1080Ti on water? Founder's + EK block or HydroCopper? 2017/05/11 20:40:03 (permalink)
Looks like it's become the showroom for BC's countless rigs, as usual. 

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
  • Total Posts : 38977
  • Ribbons : 282
Re: Who's going 1080Ti on water? Founder's + EK block or HydroCopper? 2017/05/11 21:07:27 (permalink)
GTXJackBauer

OK I Delete all my Posts and Images from this Thread and all for you GTXJackBauer The Stalker of the Forums.
Have a Nice Day

P.S Let me know if their are any other Threads you would like me to clean up.
post edited by bcavnaugh - 2017/05/11 21:48:18

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

AngryAce
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 867
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: Who's going 1080Ti on water? Founder's + EK block or HydroCopper? 2017/05/11 21:52:33 (permalink)
bcavnaugh
GTXJackBauer

OK I Delete all my Posts and Images from this Thread and all for you GTXJackBauer The Stalker of the Forums.
Have a Nice Day

Why do you let this guy get under your skin?

Seinilol
  • Total Posts : 6
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Who's going 1080Ti on water? Founder's + EK block or HydroCopper? 2017/05/12 05:54:15 (permalink)
Hi,

I have a question.

I want the 1080Ti, and I was waiting for the FTW3 (Since i don't want to wait months until the Hydro Copper may be announced & released.)

I'll buy a waterblock anyway, but should I get a basic FE or the FTW ?

And another question, about the waterblock, EKWB or is there some better blocks on the market ?

Thanks for your answer, sorry for my bad english :)

Greetings.
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1190
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: Who's going 1080Ti on water? Founder's + EK block or HydroCopper? 2017/05/12 14:26:47 (permalink)
GTXJackBauer

U know i was wondering the same thing!!! Then i started question my wife and life, why i cant have a show room like that. I barely get away with one rig!!!! Every time i need to buy something i tell my wife well bcavnaugh has several of these i only need one. Then i throw in there "he has like 10 machines better than i have".
Systom
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 289
Re: Who's going 1080Ti on water? Founder's + EK block or HydroCopper? 2017/05/12 14:47:01 (permalink)
DRY_ICE
In the interest of finding out how this would work myself I flipped my top 360 rad to switch it from exhaust to intake. I figured if this intake fresh air theory had merit it would be exaggerated having 3x vs 1x intake. My initial testing shows very similar thermal results during stress testing - though it seems a bit hotter with the 360 as intake. Notable is the higher noise/pitch my fans make being on the outside of the rad in the intake position.

I'm sure there's someone who can explain away what my tests show but so far it looks like having top or top/back intake rad is slightly worse than exhaust. I'll be interested to see what your tests show if you still perform them systom.

There's a lot of tests regarding push/pull and it's been shown to be within a couple of C differences if even depending--but I haven't come across tests regarding custom loops with multiple rads and how heat may or may not affect temps, plus in special regards to my cases lack of airflow. I'll know soon enough though in my case.

Seinilol
Hi,
I have a question.
I want the 1080Ti, and I was waiting for the FTW3 (Since i don't want to wait months until the Hydro Copper may be announced & released.)
I'll buy a waterblock anyway, but should I get a basic FE or the FTW ?
And another question, about the waterblock, EKWB or is there some better blocks on the market ?
Thanks for your answer, sorry for my bad english :)
Greetings.

It's been well known for Pascal architecture that custom cards don't make a huge difference, it really comes down to the cooler on them to give a slight edge at holding higher clocks and sound differences, beyond that, aesthetics. but once you put them under water, it's been proven that FE cards can hit the same mhz if not more, just proving it's all silicon lottery at this point.

tl;dr it really doesn't matter in my opinion...I used to be all about going with the custom board cards/hybrids etc, this time around because I chose to build a custom loop, I just went with the FE version, that, and, for it's single slot bracket...I have it OC'd stable at 2075mhz and I have not even tried to push it any further just yet. As for different blocks, I'm not sure, I'm new to this and chose to go with EK, but I doubt there's a huge difference to most of the known brands, besides aesthetic differences.

CPU & GPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X / Nvidia RTX 3080 FE (Both EK Water Blocks)
MB & PSU: ROG Crosshair VIII Formula X570 / EVGA T2 Titanium 1000w
SSD & RAM: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB & Western Digital Black SN850 1TB / G.Skill Trident Z Neo C14 3600MHz 4x8GB (32GB) 
Case & Fans: Lian Li O11 Dynamic / x9 EK-Vardar X3M
Rads: Black Ice Nemesis 360GTX 360mm x 54mm / Magicool 360S G2 Ultra 360mm x 45mm

GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Who's going 1080Ti on water? Founder's + EK block or HydroCopper? 2017/05/12 14:53:28 (permalink)
AngryAce
bcavnaugh
GTXJackBauer

Have a Nice Day

Why do you let this guy get under your skin?

Not trying to get under no ones skin. Just stating the obvious.  There are sections specifically made for showing off your rigs as well as modrigs.

skarface
GTXJackBauer

U know i was wondering the same thing!!! Then i started question my wife and life, why i cant have a show room like that. I barely get away with one rig!!!! Every time i need to buy something i tell my wife well bcavnaugh has several of these i only need one. Then i throw in there "he has like 10 machines better than i have".

post edited by GTXJackBauer - 2017/05/12 15:31:46

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
Systom
iCX Member
Re: Who's going 1080Ti on water? Founder's + EK block or HydroCopper? 2017/05/13 06:07:52 (permalink)
Results are in.

Flipping my rear exhaust to intake...made things 1C-2C hotter.
Went back to exhaust, removed all fan grills and...it made things 1C-2C cooler.

That said, the results I got are practically marginal, so I put all the grills back on.

I'll see soon if vented PCI brackets do anything.

SSD & RAM: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB & Western Digital Black SN850 1TB / G.Skill Trident Z Neo C14 3600MHz 4x8GB (32GB) 
Rads: Black Ice Nemesis 360GTX 360mm x 54mm / Magicool 360S G2 Ultra 360mm x 45mm

GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Who's going 1080Ti on water? Founder's + EK block or HydroCopper? 2017/05/13 11:47:35 (permalink)
Systom
Results are in.

Flipping my rear exhaust to intake...made things 1C-2C hotter.
Went back to exhaust, removed all fan grills and...it made things 1C-2C cooler.

That said, the results I got are practically marginal, so I put all the grills back on.

I'll see soon if vented PCI brackets do anything.

I was rooting for you till you said you put the grills back on.  I would have left them off and ran your fans @ 100%.  Test and bench for 30+ mins to see where you stand.  I think you would have gotten maybe more out of it.  I hope you're measuring this by delta-temps versus component temperature since your ambient temp can change on a dime and result in different temps elsewhere.

LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
Systom
iCX Member
Re: Who's going 1080Ti on water? Founder's + EK block or HydroCopper? 2017/05/13 12:05:19 (permalink)
GTXJackBauer
I was rooting for you till you said you put the grills back on.  I would have left them off and ran your fans @ 100%.  Test and bench for 30+ mins to see where you stand.  I think you would have gotten maybe more out of it.  I hope you're measuring this by delta-temps versus component temperature since your ambient temp can change on a dime and result in different temps elsewhere.

I made sure everything was as close as possible regarding ambient temps, window on, and my fans getting to around 2000RPM near 100%. I gamed on each test for over an hour with Ghost Recon: Wildlands, very intensive game, as well as some benching...between the normal way I had it, rear fan in intake versus exhaust, and then back to exhaust with all grills removed, it really only fluctuated by 1-2C, and that's not enough for me to drop the aesthetic.

In conclusion, regarding my specific case, did it make a difference? Yes, by that tiny margin, good and bad both ways. But overall? I'm kinda surprised, I thought I'd see a bigger difference, but that proves it.

Now to decide if I mod the case or not to add x2 120mm fans at the top and if so, then play around with intake/exhaust to see differences.
post edited by Systom - 2017/05/13 12:19:49

GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Who's going 1080Ti on water? Founder's + EK block or HydroCopper? 2017/05/13 12:45:30 (permalink)
I hear that.  I guess since you have adequate rad surface for a CPU and GPU only loop, the grills aren't much of an issue.

Up to you if you wanna hack your case but to me personally, I don't have the guts to gut any case above a $75-$100 price point.

LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
FTW Member
Re: Who's going 1080Ti on water? Founder's + EK block or HydroCopper? 2017/05/13 13:41:13 (permalink)
Systom
GTXJackBauer

I made sure everything was as close as possible regarding ambient temps, window on, and my fans getting to around 2000RPM near 100%. I gamed on each test for over an hour with Ghost Recon: Wildlands, very intensive game, as well as some benching...between the normal way I had it, rear fan in intake versus exhaust, and then back to exhaust with all grills removed, it really only fluctuated by 1-2C, and that's not enough for me to drop the aesthetic.

In conclusion, regarding my specific case, did it make a difference? Yes, by that tiny margin, good and bad both ways. But overall? I'm kinda surprised, I thought I'd see a bigger difference, but that proves it.

Now to decide if I mod the case or not to add x2 120mm fans at the top and if so, then play around with intake/exhaust to see differences.

I agree for 1-2c thats not enough imo either if it was like 5c drop idle yea. Also if the drop was only in benchmarking and u mostly game without a doubt i wouldnt of hesitated putting them back on.
TheWizardMan
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 211
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Who's going 1080Ti on water? Founder's + EK block or HydroCopper? 2017/05/13 15:34:50 (permalink)
Except, if you're able to find 1-2 degrees in a few places you may get enough to prevent throttling

| Asus Maximus IX Formula | Intel 6700K @ 4.8GHz | EVGA 1080 Ti w/ EKWB WBs (x2) | Phanteks Luxe TG | Custom Loop | 
| 32GB G.Skill Trident Z 3733 MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 500 GB M.2 Drive | Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB SSD | Cablemods Sleeved Cable Kit |
GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Who's going 1080Ti on water? Founder's + EK block or HydroCopper? 2017/05/13 18:31:54 (permalink)
TheWizardMan
Except, if you're able to find 1-2 degrees in a few places you may get enough to prevent throttling

+1  True

LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
Seinilol
Re: Who's going 1080Ti on water? Founder's + EK block or HydroCopper? 2017/05/14 14:57:13 (permalink)
Systom

It's been well known for Pascal architecture that custom cards don't make a huge difference, it really comes down to the cooler on them to give a slight edge at holding higher clocks and sound differences, beyond that, aesthetics. but once you put them under water, it's been proven that FE cards can hit the same mhz if not more, just proving it's all silicon lottery at this point.

tl;dr it really doesn't matter in my opinion...I used to be all about going with the custom board cards/hybrids etc, this time around because I chose to build a custom loop, I just went with the FE version, that, and, for it's single slot bracket...I have it OC'd stable at 2075mhz and I have not even tried to push it any further just yet. As for different blocks, I'm not sure, I'm new to this and chose to go with EK, but I doubt there's a huge difference to most of the known brands, besides aesthetic differences.

Hi, thanks for your reply :)

I have just one more question about the difference between FE & Customs, it's about the PCB. Is there any point to get, by example, a Superclocked, rather than a FE, just because of the PCB ?

Anyway, the FTW3 doesn't fit in my case  So I was wondering about getting another model.

Systom
iCX Member
Re: Who's going 1080Ti on water? Founder's + EK block or HydroCopper? 2017/05/14 15:47:57 (permalink)
Seinilol
I have just one more question about the difference between FE & Customs, it's about the PCB. Is there any point to get, by example, a Superclocked, rather than a FE, just because of the PCB ?
Anyway, the FTW3 doesn't fit in my case  So I was wondering about getting another model.

The few primary differences are: the cooler of course, any other version of the card, probably being cooler/more silent over the FE version.
Most of the non-FE cards chose to add the DVI port that the FE version does not have, which forces you into a dual slot card.
Custom PCB boards, like the superclocked, tend to have out of the box higher clock speeds, which is great I guess if you do not overclock. However, with nvidia's GPU boost 3.0, chances are it'll go beyond what's stated on the box regardless.

ipkha
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2308
  • Ribbons : 6
Re: Who's going 1080Ti on water? Founder's + EK block or HydroCopper? 2017/05/14 16:40:32 (permalink)
Seinilol
Systom

The SC2 is the only real cards with a pcb difference. It's about the same length as a founders card but has the extra sensors for temp monitoring. Realistically card would be fine given how Pascal behaves for overclocking. Just preference for type of cooler would seal any deal.

Seinilol
Re: Who's going 1080Ti on water? Founder's + EK block or HydroCopper? 2017/05/15 01:05:32 (permalink)
Well, thank you guys for  your answers, I understand the difference now. 

I'll make my choice easier now :)

Have a good day !
DRY_ICE
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 160
Re: Who's going 1080Ti on water? Founder's + EK block or HydroCopper? 2017/05/15 23:36:49 (permalink)
bcavnaugh
GTXJackBauer

Have a Nice Day

I didn't know you have a showroom of pcs. I think you should post them all w/ specs!

I'm pretty jealous I thought I was a baller with my ~3.5 pcs and assorted tablets/laptops.

109below.com
bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
  • Total Posts : 38977
  • Ribbons : 282
Re: Who's going 1080Ti on water? Founder's + EK block or HydroCopper? 2017/05/16 10:39:13 (permalink)
You can see them here http://www.modsrigs.com/search.aspx
Please accept my apologies for Posting in this Thread.
post edited by bcavnaugh - 2017/05/16 10:41:56

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

Systom
iCX Member
Re: Who's going 1080Ti on water? Founder's + EK block or HydroCopper? 2017/05/16 12:59:27 (permalink)
Update: Vented PCI brackets did nothing, no change to temps.

Moving forward with the mod of the upper case to add x2 120mm fans, will test intake & exhaust, or maybe 1 intake/1 exhaust, and see how it fairs.

GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Who's going 1080Ti on water? Founder's + EK block or HydroCopper? 2017/05/16 18:21:03 (permalink)
Systom

Moving forward with the mod of the upper case to add x2 120mm fans, will test intake & exhaust, or maybe 1 intake/1 exhaust, and see how it fairs.

The problem with having two fans in intake and exhaust next to each other is that they'll be cycling each other's air.  You'll want to either set as intake for both or exhaust.  Other than that, I think its a great idea to test and see what differences you'll get with either intake or exhaust.

LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
Systom
iCX Member
Re: Who's going 1080Ti on water? Founder's + EK block or HydroCopper? 2017/05/16 18:26:01 (permalink)
GTXJackBauer
The problem with having two fans in intake and exhaust next to each other is that they'll be cycling each other's air.  You'll want to either set as intake for both or exhaust.  Other than that, I think its a great idea to test and see what differences you'll get with either intake or exhaust.

Yeah, I'm aware of that and it does make sense, but at this point, if I'm going that far and I think I am, I'm gonna throw on the white coat and test it anyway, purely out of curiosity.

bcavnaugh

Unrelated, but I'm gonna try Thermal Grizzly thermal pads applied to GPU/EK waterblock, sizes 0.5/1.0mm as stated by EK's instructions, will report back once I get this done as well.

DRY_ICE
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 160
Re: Who's going 1080Ti on water? Founder's + EK block or HydroCopper? 2017/05/16 22:58:01 (permalink)
bcavnaugh

I think you should post them all here.

Also, what the hell. Get me a job where you're working that you can afford all that!

109below.com
Systom
iCX Member
Re: Who's going 1080Ti on water? Founder's + EK block or HydroCopper? 2017/05/19 15:09:50 (permalink)
Alrighty then, this will be my final post regarding my tests here, my apology for the unrelated posts/topic.
The upper case mod to add x2 120mm fans is...complete.
I also applied Thermal Grizzly thermal pads to the GPU/block.
Now, because I did not test either of these things separately, I'm not sure what's accounting for the difference, maybe both?

I'm now seeing a 7-10C lower difference in temps on both CPU/GPU, same tests.
This test was done with the new upper fans in exhaust, and I don't have the energy anymore to tear stuff down again to flip the fans as intake to test, so I think I'm done for now, may test it sometime down the road.

FTW Member
Re: Who's going 1080Ti on water? Founder's + EK block or HydroCopper? 2017/05/19 18:55:38 (permalink)
@Systom

Good job man looks great too! I too just got done building a new machine then i had to redo stuff cause the ti came out. Waited awhile till they were in stock. Once i got it i couldnt find any water blocks for it so i had to wait till they were being produced. I didnt want to use a titan block so i was forced to wait and then i got an nvme drive in the mix all seperate so it seems like i havent stoped working on my machine the past 2 months but ive finally pretty much hit the end and i too am getting tired of working on it now! This is my last little project but its easy to do/ install etc.

https://forums.evga.com/A...rlay-mod-m2671680.aspx

Systom
iCX Member
Re: Who's going 1080Ti on water? Founder's + EK block or HydroCopper? 2017/05/21 13:47:51 (permalink)
skarface
@Systom
Good job man looks great too! I too just got done building a new machine then i had to redo stuff cause the ti came out. Waited awhile till they were in stock. Once i got it i couldnt find any water blocks for it so i had to wait till they were being produced. I didnt want to use a titan block so i was forced to wait and then i got an nvme drive in the mix all seperate so it seems like i havent stoped working on my machine the past 2 months but ive finally pretty much hit the end and i too am getting tired of working on it now! This is my last little project but its easy to do/ install etc.
https://forums.evga.com/A...rlay-mod-m2671680.aspx

Pretty cool stuff, that's the only thing I'd like, some kinda lighting on the GPU's front as it's pretty standard nowadays--though EK says their kit will be out later this year I think.

Category 5
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 148
Re: Who's going 1080Ti on water? Founder's + EK block or HydroCopper? 2017/05/21 21:15:37 (permalink)
So EK has lighting planned?  I was almost considering the amazing looking phanteks glacier block, but wonder if the quality is as good as EK.
TheWizardMan
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 211
Re: Who's going 1080Ti on water? Founder's + EK block or HydroCopper? 2017/05/21 21:22:15 (permalink)
I asked the folks at EK and lighting isn't a sure thing. They've left it as a possibility but they aren't necessarily going to go ahead with it.

| Asus Maximus IX Formula | Intel 6700K @ 4.8GHz | EVGA 1080 Ti w/ EKWB WBs (x2) | Phanteks Luxe TG | Custom Loop | 
| 32GB G.Skill Trident Z 3733 MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 500 GB M.2 Drive | Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB SSD | Cablemods Sleeved Cable Kit |
Spartanjet
  • Total Posts : 64
Re: Who's going 1080Ti on water? Founder's + EK block or HydroCopper? 2017/05/21 21:40:18 (permalink)
Category 5
So EK has lighting planned?  I was almost considering the amazing looking phanteks glacier block, but wonder if the quality is as good as EK.

I have the phanteks block I posted a pic in another thread its really nice.  I havent used the 1080ti EK block but I have used EK blocks in the past I'd say the quality is right up there.  My temps are great.

SpartanJet's Rig:
5930k @ 4.75 / EVGA 1080 Ti FE / 32GB g.skill 3200  / Asus Rampage V Extreme 10

Page: << < ..2122 > Showing page 21 of 22
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile