EVGA

What to use? Precision X1 or Eleet X1

Author
Jp508
  • Total Posts : 8
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2023/03/09 08:43:47 (permalink)
I'm not a gamer and have no need to overclock. I am a creator/photographer and edit multiple images per shot using Lr & Ps for blending images. My GPU is a GTX 1650 Super and I want to set a fan curve to cool my GPU. Which software is best for my application, Precision X1 or Eleet X1? Or can it be done using the Nvidia Control Panel? Don't have a lot of experience and could use some advise. I did download Precision X1 awhile back and had issues, made adjustments and must have clicked something I shouldn't have, pretty much screwed it up so I uninstalled it. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks Jp    

4 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30975
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: What to use? Precision X1 or Eleet X1 2023/03/09 09:25:25 (permalink)
     Precision X1

(EVGA ELEET X1, the next generation of motherboard tuning utilities & only works Exclusively with EVGA MB )

after you "create your fan profile" there is still more options (work) to select

USING PX1

To install PX1 ---> Stop All background software, go Offline & install as Admin for best results.  Next do a reboot & just to make sure Windows sees the software

Next do a shutdown --> While holding the Shift Key down ---> before you click shut down in Windows ---> Keep that Shift Key down until all power is off in your PC.  Now when Windows restarts, it will NOT just load the last saved startup file, but actually look at the hardware & drivers

(Fast Boot in MB BIOS & Fast Startup in Windows can cause many issues when you change hardware or drivers)

Now on restart you should be ready to use PX1

---> you must check the box to run the fan curve, click the "apply button" & then then profile number, then the "save button"

Select one of the PX1 profile numbers to the left & then save

---> After Any edits in PX1 - you Must click the "apply button" & then then profile number, then the "save button"

Note: You do not Need to have PX1 start with OS.  IN FACT you do not want it to while updating your OS -->OR, until you find a stable OC if that is what your after,; because, you do not want to load the settings that just crashed your PC, Right

FAQ 59762 - How Do I Troubleshoot Precision X1 Issues?

Your fan curve will probably not need to be this aggressive, I was running some benchmark software at the time I took this photo

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Jp508
    Re: What to use? Precision X1 or Eleet X1 2023/03/09 10:14:53 (permalink)
    Thanks for the help. I have no plans to overclock, besides my mb can't be overclocked anyway. My pc runs pretty fast at stock settings for my applications, very happy with the performance and quickness when applying blending techniques and masking multiple layers in Ps & Lumenzia. This is a new work pc. Went from atx build which is my other pc to sff for more desk space. Having a heat issue and need to set gpu fan curve instead of waiting for it to reach high temps before turning on. Also getting a heat sink for my M.2 to drop temps. Being a itx build and the components I purchased, things are a bit warm with heat centered in a relatively small area, not much real estate on a itx. I have 2 M.2's back to back and the GPU right below the M.2 plus the CPU. It's always something right? Thanks again for the help. 

ASUS B660i, i7-12700k, Corsair H100i Elite AIO, EVGA GTX 1650 Super, Dominator Platinum RGB DDR5 64GB 5200Mhz, Samsung 980 Pro PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD (C Drive)
    Samsung 980 Pro PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD (D Storage), PSU SF750

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10101
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: What to use? Precision X1 or Eleet X1 2023/03/09 22:31:50 (permalink)
    Jp508
    Thanks for the help. I have no plans to overclock, besides my mb can't be overclocked anyway. My pc runs pretty fast at stock settings for my applications, very happy with the performance and quickness when applying blending techniques and masking multiple layers in Ps & Lumenzia. This is a new work pc. Went from atx build which is my other pc to sff for more desk space. Having a heat issue and need to set gpu fan curve instead of waiting for it to reach high temps before turning on. Also getting a heat sink for my M.2 to drop temps. Being a itx build and the components I purchased, things are a bit warm with heat centered in a relatively small area, not much real estate on a itx. I have 2 M.2's back to back and the GPU right below the M.2 plus the CPU. It's always something right? Thanks again for the help. 

ASUS B660i, i7-12700k, Corsair H100i Elite AIO, EVGA GTX 1650 Super, Dominator Platinum RGB DDR5 64GB 5200Mhz, Samsung 980 Pro PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD (C Drive)
    Samsung 980 Pro PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD (D Storage), PSU SF750

The PX1 software can look for the optimal overclock automatically based on the temperature inside the case you are using. It could make things slightly faster for work but probably mostly for gaming. I would personally do it since it's pretty simple to run the test.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Jp508
    Re: What to use? Precision X1 or Eleet X1 2023/03/10 05:02:54 (permalink)
    Thanks for the tip Hoggle. 
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile