EVGA

Helpful ReplyWhat are the EXTRA pins out the internal backplate on the 3070 TI FTW3 used for?

Author
quicksb
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2022/01/05 11:52:19 (permalink)
Can this be used to sync the RBG light on the card with my Mystic lighting or EVGA Z12 keyboard, or is it to output to external RGB fans?  would be nice to have a manual here for aux-fan and 5v/d/g uses.

Ideally it would be great to only have to run a single RGB software to control the motherboard ram/fan AND video card, let alone keyboard/mouse - I seem to need 3 installs: Mystic, EVGA Z12 and EVGA FTW3

see bottom right:

post edited by quicksb - 2022/01/07 14:16:37
Dwarfy
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 704
  • Ribbons : 5
Re: What are the EXTRA pins out the internal backplate on the 3070 TI FTW3 used for? 2022/01/08 08:38:42 (permalink)
I see that the literature doesn't mention it specifically that is true, but from what I recall reading somewhere is that it is an output.
It can be controlled via EVGA precision and you can also specify how many leds are connected at the far right bottom.

Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 30975
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: What are the EXTRA pins out the internal backplate on the 3070 TI FTW3 used for? 2022/01/08 10:16:18 (permalink)
quicksb
Can this be used to sync the RBG light on the card with my Mystic lighting or EVGA Z12 keyboard, or is it to output to external RGB fans?  would be nice to have a manual here for aux-fan and 5v/d/g uses.

Ideally it would be great to only have to run a single RGB software to control the motherboard ram/fan AND video card, let alone keyboard/mouse - I seem to need 3 installs: Mystic, EVGA Z12 and EVGA FTW3

see bottom right:

The card puts out its own A-RGB , letting you synchronize additional cooling and lighting with the card - with the X1 software

The auxiliary 4-pin PWM fan header, is just that. 

Maybe you want to connect a fan hub, so some case fans increase speed with the cards temp & still keep the load off of the card - as fan hubs usually have their own power sorce

Good review of 30 series card:  EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra Review | TechPowerUp
(excerpt) 

"Near the back of the card you'll find two pin headers. The first one is to provide an RGB signal to other components, so they can be synced with the graphics card RGB. The second one lets you connect a case fan to the graphics card, making it spin at the same rate as the GPU fans. Since the graphics card is the highest heat output in most computers, this makes a lot of sense—idle fan stop during browsing and productivity—fans running when gaming."

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 21171
  • Ribbons : 270
Re: What are the EXTRA pins out the internal backplate on the 3070 TI FTW3 used for? 2022/01/08 20:20:42 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Cool GTX 2022/01/09 09:11:05
Cool GTX

Unfortunately, it isn't. It isn't 4-pin PWM in any way. It is neutered, butchered, and broken.

Maybe you want to connect a fan hub, so some case fans increase speed with the cards temp & still keep the load off of the card - as fan hubs usually have their own power sorce

Good luck! It's broken.

EVGA decided to make the 12v wire an adjustable DC wire and made the PWM wire do nothing. It is broken and won't work properly with anything designed for 4-pin PWM. How did EVGA screw it up so badly? Who knows.

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 30975
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: What are the EXTRA pins out the internal backplate on the 3070 TI FTW3 used for? 2022/01/09 09:10:53 (permalink)
ty_ger07
Cool GTX

Unfortunately, it isn't. It isn't 4-pin PWM in any way. It is neutered, butchered, and broken.

Good luck! It's broken.

EVGA decided to make the 12v wire an adjustable DC wire and made the PWM wire do nothing. It is broken and won't work properly with anything designed for 4-pin PWM. How did EVGA screw it up so badly? Who knows.

Thanks for sharing .... it is Good to know those details 

I've not had the opportunity to play with it ... my post was based on the reviews I've read .... not any specific experience - hands-on testing of that port

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile