EVGA

AnsweredTitan X and 980 hybrid cooler official thread

Page: << < ..2122232425.. > >> Showing page 23 of 28
Author
1Scotty1
  • Total Posts : 59
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2015/07/07 11:09:42 (permalink)
Rogers Mockins
Canadian availability for this is also abysmal, don't think I've seen it anywhere else other than this website. My card's working ok but not being able to OC this 980ti while waiting for the cooler to become more available is killing me.

Exactly, and when it comes on stock, it is gone in 5 minutes :( and I dont want ACX cooler
ryancarnell
  • Total Posts : 39
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2015/07/07 13:10:52 (permalink)
I've been really trying to hold out for this, but I don't think I'm going to be able to wait much longer and if I can't get an AIO for my Titan X, I'm likely to move to a full loop for the computer from EVGA. It's about 5x the price and considering my CPU is already cooled by an NZXT AIO, it seems like a waste but I hate feeling like my card is constantly overheating when gaming at 4K. The temperature gets up to about 190 degrees Fahrenheit.
JynxLee
  • Total Posts : 14
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2015/07/07 20:05:44 (permalink)
I posted this in a different thread then found this thread, so in case this one is more appropriate I'm going to ask here (not trying to be annoying for anyone that see's both).
-
This may be a silly question but the the only AIO I have used is the Corsair H100i for my CPU.  With this as most probably know I power the radiator by plugging the AIO into a Sata power connector from my PSU.  I then plug my Noctua F12's into my motherboard as I don't use Corsair Link.

So with the EVGA Hybrid I was going to use another Noctua F12 PWM I have laying around on the radiator (so I can control the fan on the rad and not just the VRM fan) and tuck the GTX's cable away since it won't be running to the radiators stock fan (or I guess could take shroud off and remove the unused cable).  However I got to thinking, how is the pump itself powered?  Like with the H100i the unit plugs directly into the Sata power connector then I plug my fans in elsewhere.  

But of all the EVGA Hybrid kit's I've watched get installed online I never see anything plugged in from the actual GPU cooler/header.  All I ever see get plugged in is the stock radiator fan to the vid's PCB.
jerzeeloon
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 125
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2015/07/07 21:08:53 (permalink)
I'm in the US and they're pretty scarce here too. I've been on the email notifications for quite a while no word yet. Always sold out here amazon and neobits have them listed as backorder. And aholes are selling them for $300 on craigslist. Pretty soon the corsair hg10 n980 will be out its a $40 bracket that pairs with several aio cooling units. It may be a viable and possibly better alternative as I've heard some stories about the hybrid kits having noise problems and crappy quality

corsair 350D
Asus Maximus VI Gene
4770k @ 4.2ghz
8gb rip jaws X series 1600 888/24
500gb crucial m4 ssd
1tb wd caviar black
Corsair AX760
Gtx 1080ti 
Professor Cool
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2015/07/07 21:56:25 (permalink)
jerzeeloon
I'm in the US and they're pretty scarce here too. I've been on the email notifications for quite a while no word yet. Always sold out here amazon and neobits have them listed as backorder. And aholes are selling them for $300 on craigslist. Pretty soon the corsair hg10 n980 will be out its a $40 bracket that pairs with several aio cooling units. It may be a viable and possibly better alternative as I've heard some stories about the hybrid kits having noise problems and crappy quality

About them being sold out on Amazon;
I ordered my 980 TI hybrid on June 8... and there's still no ETA on it.

That should give you an idea of the situation.

XPS 420

8 GB DDR2 900 Mhz RAM...
Intel Core 2 Duo 8500?
Unknown AMD GPU(512 MB VRAM)
No name PSU(replaced my old, dead one)
2 500GB Hard Drives... unformatted for 7 years.
Windows Vista; installed W7(Vista didn't detect 8GB of RAM)
2 Disk Drives

So er, only 7 years old!
jerzeeloon
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 125
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2015/07/07 22:04:41 (permalink)
Yeah it says usually ships in 1 to 2 months but who knows they're at the mercy of the the same incompetent manufacturer that evga is using. Evga is loosing money hand over fist if they had them in stock they'd be selling like hot cakes. The fact that people are selling them for $300 on eBay and they're selling speaks volumes. People want a no maintenance aio water solution for their GPU's.they need to ramp up production. Corsair is going to take alot of potential customers from them
post edited by jerzeeloon - 2015/07/07 22:10:26

corsair 350D
Asus Maximus VI Gene
4770k @ 4.2ghz
8gb rip jaws X series 1600 888/24
500gb crucial m4 ssd
1tb wd caviar black
Corsair AX760
Gtx 1080ti 
1Scotty1
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2015/07/07 22:06:54 (permalink)
jerzeeloon
Yeah it says usually ships in 1 to 2 months but who knows they're at the mercy of the the same incompetent manufacturer that evga is using. Evga is loosing money hand over fist if they had them in stock they'd be selling like hot cakes. The fact that people are selling them for $300 on eBay and they're selling speaks volumes. People want a no maintenance aio water solution for there GPU's.they need to ramp up production. Corsair is going to take alot of potential customers from them

Exactly, I rather want a no maintenance AiO on my 980Ti for 120€ instead of a full loop which would cost well over 500€ ! :(
c0cllc
  • Total Posts : 4
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2015/07/08 03:31:10 (permalink)
Could someone please explain the inexplicable price policy of EVGA? All prices by EVGA:

In the USA the Hybrid Version is 100$ more expensive than the standard version. In Germany the difference is 190€!!! 

In the USA, if you buy the hybrid cooling solution (109$) + the standard EVGA Titan X (1000$), you pay 9€ more compared to buying the ready hybrid card (1100$). So it makes sense to buy the hybrid card and it's even overclocked.
In Germany if you buy the hybrid cooling solution (120€) + the standard EVGA Titan X (1179€), you pay 71€ less (!!!) compared to buying the ready hybrid card (1370€). So buying the hybrid card seems not to be, what EVGA wants you to do.

This is ridiculous.
post edited by c0cllc - 2015/07/08 03:41:04
1Scotty1
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2015/07/08 03:35:09 (permalink)
c0cllc
Could someone please explain the inexplicable price policy of EVGA? In the USA the Hybrid Version is (prices by EVGA) 100$ more expensive than the standard version.
In Germany the difference is 190€!!! 

In the USA, if you buy the hybrid cooling solution (109$) + the standard EVGA Titan X (1000$), you pay 9€ more compared to buying the ready hybrid card (1100$). So it makes sense to buy the hybrid card and it's even overclocked.
In Germany if you buy the hybrid cooling solution (120€) + the standard EVGA Titan X (1179€), you pay 71€ less (!!!) compared to buying the ready hybrid card (1370€).

This is ridiculous.

Correct me if I am wrong, but USA prices don't include VAT?
c0cllc
  • Total Posts : 4
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2015/07/08 03:38:29 (permalink)
VAT or no VAT is not my point - i'm not speaking about the overall higher prices in EU, this is normal. I'm speaking about something else, check my text again...
JynxLee
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2015/07/08 04:05:02 (permalink)
I kept a close eye on Newegg for the past couple of days and last night they went back in stock.  I placed my order very quickly and it wen't through.  I'm currently still sitting in the processing order phase.  I spoke to customer service this morning and they told me they typically make sure they ship the item to all order's that completed successfully.  I was concerned that they oversold and that really all I may have done is place myself in a waiting queue and really only saved myself the hassle of watching and ordering again when back in stock (I'm still worried I won't have an actual item ship soon), paid for overnight delivery so we'll see if I get an email today from Newegg telling me it's completed.
kaioshade
  • Total Posts : 21
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2015/07/08 06:43:45 (permalink)
JynxLee
I kept a close eye on Newegg for the past couple of days and last night they went back in stock.  I placed my order very quickly and it wen't through.  I'm currently still sitting in the processing order phase.  I spoke to customer service this morning and they told me they typically make sure they ship the item to all order's that completed successfully.  I was concerned that they oversold and that really all I may have done is place myself in a waiting queue and really only saved myself the hassle of watching and ordering again when back in stock (I'm still worried I won't have an actual item ship soon), paid for overnight delivery so we'll see if I get an email today from Newegg telling me it's completed.

The fact that someone has to sit at a website in the middle of the night frantically hitting f5 to give a company money is shameful. As soon as it becomes available, i will be giving corsair my money. Sorry EVGA, you lost a customer. I adore your products, half of my computer was products from you, but being a loyal customer and being treated like a second rate citizen does not sit well with me. I encourage others to do the same, until they get their act together.

The more people stop supporting them, then they will get the message for better communication, and better stock. 
JynxLee
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2015/07/08 06:46:36 (permalink)
kaioshade
JynxLee

The fact that someone has to sit at a website in the middle of the night frantically hitting f5 to give a company money is shameful. As soon as it becomes available, i will be giving corsair my money. Sorry EVGA, you lost a customer. I adore your products, half of my computer was products from you, but being a loyal customer and being treated like a second rate citizen does not sit well with me. I encourage others to do the same, until they get their act together.

The more people stop supporting them, then they will get the message for better communication, and better stock. 

I agree, luckily I just happen to go to the site and saw in stock and jumped on it, prior to that one single visit to the site I wasn't looking for the Hybrid at all.  I just got incredibly lucky.  But until I'm actually told my order finished and shipped I don't consider myself out of the woods yet.
kaioshade
  • Total Posts : 21
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2015/07/08 17:06:42 (permalink)
Until i actually see some reliable stock (and a 5 minute ordering window is NOT reliable), i am going to assume EVGA is purposely holding these back to generate an artificial demand. It is a fan, some tubing and a radiator. It has now been over a month. this should not be that difficult.
voozers
  • Total Posts : 6
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2015/07/08 17:26:21 (permalink)
chizow
Awesome thanks, I'll try it without cutting first, I just don't want to cut it if I can help it.  Also you mentioned needing an extension cable, was that for the pump header power cable or something?

I know this is a month old now, but how did your GPU cooling work out using the reference shroud?  I'm thinking about doing the same thing with a reference EVGA 980 Ti SC.

chizow
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5355
  • Ribbons : 30
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2015/07/11 18:52:37 (permalink)
voozers
chizow
Awesome thanks, I'll try it without cutting first, I just don't want to cut it if I can help it.  Also you mentioned needing an extension cable, was that for the pump header power cable or something?

I know this is a month old now, but how did your GPU cooling work out using the reference shroud?  I'm thinking about doing the same thing with a reference EVGA 980 Ti SC.

Worked out great, really happy with the results, thanks to ShadowYuna again for the idea.  Temps are 53C max at 1400/7500 with both rads blowing into the case.  I just didn't have enough mounting points in my case to have them expel hot air and the 140mm on the back exhausts a lot of hot air so I kept it in place.   The 2nd Titan X drops max overclocks a lot and also raises temps quite a bit (8-10C, same for CPU).  Single AIO Titan X can get to 1476-1500MHz without too much trouble.  SLI puts a lot more pressure on the video output card and raises temps and voltages of both cards, I couldn't even overclock the air cooled card past 1250MHz when it was the output until I put the AIO on it as it would shoot to 93C and throttle.  Same card did 1404MHz when it was by itself.

Intel Core i7 5930K @4.5GHz | Gigabyte X99 Gaming 5 | Win8.1 Pro x64 | Corsair H105 
2x Nvidia GeForce Titan X SLI | Asus ROG Swift 144Hz 3D Vision G-Sync LCD | 2xDell U2410 | 32GB Acer XPG DDR4 2800

Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | Samsung 840EVO 4x1TB RAID 0 | Seagate 2TB SSHD
Yamaha VSX-677 A/V Receiver | Polk Audio RM6880 7.1 | LG Super Multi Blu-Ray
Auzen X-Fi HT HD | Logitech G710/G502/G27/G930 | Corsair Air 540 | EVGA SuperNOVA P2 1200W 

Deus-Rex
  • Total Posts : 53
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2015/07/11 19:06:47 (permalink)
kaioshade
Until i actually see some reliable stock (and a 5 minute ordering window is NOT reliable), i am going to assume EVGA is purposely holding these back to generate an artificial demand. It is a fan, some tubing and a radiator. It has now been over a month. this should not be that difficult.

I'm going to apply the G1 980 Ti argument here. It took about three weeks and competition from EVGA/MSI aftermarket solutions before G1 980 Ti stock became semi-steady. Consider that EVGA has no competition for their 900 series AIO coolers, and it's no wonder even the 980 Hybrids still have supply issues.

And I'm not so sure the Cartmanland argument applies here. EVGA wants your money, and a bird told me MSI was working on an AIO 980 Ti of their own. It just wouldn't do to share more of the pie than necessary, unless by Nvidia mandate of course.
voozers
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2015/07/11 20:01:12 (permalink)
chizow
voozers
chizow

Worked out great, really happy with the results, thanks to ShadowYuna again for the idea.  Temps are 53C max at 1400/7500 with both rads blowing into the case.  I just didn't have enough mounting points in my case to have them expel hot air and the 140mm on the back exhausts a lot of hot air so I kept it in place.   The 2nd Titan X drops max overclocks a lot and also raises temps quite a bit (8-10C, same for CPU).  Single AIO Titan X can get to 1476-1500MHz without too much trouble.  SLI puts a lot more pressure on the video output card and raises temps and voltages of both cards, I couldn't even overclock the air cooled card past 1250MHz when it was the output until I put the AIO on it as it would shoot to 93C and throttle.  Same card did 1404MHz when it was by itself.

Whoa that looks sweet!!!

Just a few more questions, did you have to cut or modify the shroud in any way outside of removing the glass/acrylic? Also did you end up using a Corsair cooler (like Shadow Yuna) or just the EVGA hybrid cooler?
chizow
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2015/07/11 20:49:26 (permalink)
voozers

Whoa that looks sweet!!!

Just a few more questions, did you have to cut or modify the shroud in any way outside of removing the glass/acrylic? Also did you end up using a Corsair cooler (like Shadow Yuna) or just the EVGA hybrid cooler?

Thanks!  Yeah I'm really happy with the results, the big Air 540 window is the reason I was so happy to come across Shadow Yuna's mod because I didn't want to give up the awesome ref cooler's looks for much better cooling. 

I didn't have to modify the shroud at all, just remove the acrylic and set aside the 4 screws.  Remove the vapor chamber block and set it aside.  You will need to remove most of the shroud for ease of installation the first time then its really just assembling it like a sandwich and taking some care. 

1) Thread the copper block through the space occupied by the acrylic cover, by turning the block sideways and threading it through.  Connect all the power cables.  Try to route so they don't get caught on the stock fan.
2) The tubes on the block/pump should face the "front" of the card, the side with the display outputs (opposite of the fan) and lay on top of the "Titan" embossed logo instead of the "top" of the card as you would use with the provided shroud.  Leave this shroud loose until you secure the pump/block to the card.
3) carefully secure the pump to the shroud, securing the screws alternately and diagonally just a few torques at a time.  This is to ensure you have good contact with the GPU die.  Once fully secure pull the shroud down.  It will take a little bit of force and will have a little tension but I've seen no adverse affects of it.

I didn't use a Corsair cooler but if you have one that would be ideal since they come off the block at a 90 degree angle instead of coming off horizontally like the EVGA.  I know ShadowYuna and some others have complained the EVGA block is noisy, but both of mine don't have any problems with noise. 

If you have a reference GM200 card, the AIO is the way to go imo, the ability to run this card 30-40C lower under load while being much quieter is simply amazing.  Oh, also, the concern for mounting these AIO are a bit overstated imo.  I just set those on top of each other, they are not secured at all.  There's enough weight and tension to hold them perfectly in place against the front intake 140mm fans. 

Intel Core i7 5930K @4.5GHz | Gigabyte X99 Gaming 5 | Win8.1 Pro x64 | Corsair H105 
2x Nvidia GeForce Titan X SLI | Asus ROG Swift 144Hz 3D Vision G-Sync LCD | 2xDell U2410 | 32GB Acer XPG DDR4 2800

Auzen X-Fi HT HD | Logitech G710/G502/G27/G930 | Corsair Air 540 | EVGA SuperNOVA P2 1200W 

voozers
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2015/07/11 20:59:47 (permalink)
Thanks for the tips! I pretty much am doing the little brother to your build. I have a Corsair 240 and a single 980 Ti reference. It's great to know I don't have to physically modify the shroud. Now I just need to find out where to mount the GPU radiator (my front has my H105 and there is no clearance at the top due to my mATX mobo). Maybe in the empty fan mounts on the PSU side of the case?

I agree reference looks awesome! 
post edited by voozers - 2015/07/11 21:03:37
chizow
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2015/07/11 22:26:00 (permalink)
voozers
Thanks for the tips! I pretty much am doing the little brother to your build. I have a Corsair 240 and a single 980 Ti reference. It's great to know I don't have to physically modify the shroud. Now I just need to find out where to mount the GPU radiator (my front has my H105 and there is no clearance at the top due to my mATX mobo). Maybe in the empty fan mounts on the PSU side of the case?

Np!  Let me know if you have any more questions.  I will say that you will need allen wrench 1.5mm and 2mm heads to remove the shroud.  I can't say for sure where you can fit that rad, but anywhere it fits should be fine.  In front of the card against the h105 should be fine honestly.  The efficiency is in the rad itself and solid airflow through it, free hanging in the case is worth it for the massive cooling difference.

voozers
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2015/07/12 13:39:05 (permalink)
chizow
voozers

Np!  Let me know if you have any more questions.  I will say that you will need allen wrench 1.5mm and 2mm heads to remove the shroud.  I can't say for sure where you can fit that rad, but anywhere it fits should be fine.  In front of the card against the h105 should be fine honestly.  The efficiency is in the rad itself and solid airflow through it, free hanging in the case is worth it for the massive cooling difference.

Do you know the exact length of the hoses on the cooler? I want to see if it can reach from my GPU to the fan mounting placement on the PSU side of the Air 240. And the dimensions of the plate to see if it can fit through the rubber grommets haha.
ShadowYuna
  • Total Posts : 45
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2015/07/12 20:48:31 (permalink)
voozers
chizow
voozers

Do you know the exact length of the hoses on the cooler? I want to see if it can reach from my GPU to the fan mounting placement on the PSU side of the Air 240. And the dimensions of the plate to see if it can fit through the rubber grommets haha.

The exact length of the Hybrid Cooler is 14 inch. 

I have modded the Hybrid Cooler with Corsair H75 so I can keep the same reference looks but cool the GPU with AIO.

chizow have done exactly same as what I have done. I have modded little bit more due to annoying pump noise from AIO.

If you are OK with pump noise chizow's way is the best way to keep the same reference looks.

Attached Image(s)

CaveWaverider
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2015/07/16 22:29:21 (permalink)
According to UPS, my EVGA Titan X Hybrid AIO Cooler is going to arrive today (and not a day too soon, since it's supposed to be close to 40°C here today).

A couple of questions:

1. Should I use the stock thermal compound on the Hybrid cooler or would Gelid Extreme that I have a bucket of at home be a better choice?

2. Would it make more sense to connect the Radiator fan to the Mainboard or PSU instead of the video card? I'd assume that it could help with the power target a little bit.
post edited by CaveWaverider - 2015/07/16 23:17:04
voozers
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2015/07/16 22:35:26 (permalink)
Is there a stock update? They never seem to be in stock anywhere.
STR8_AN94BALLER
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 298
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2015/07/16 23:45:38 (permalink)
ShadowYuna
voozers
chizow
voozers

I have modded the Hybrid Cooler with Corsair H75 so I can keep the same reference looks but cool the GPU with AIO.

chizow have done exactly same as what I have done. I have modded little bit more due to annoying pump noise from AIO.

If you are OK with pump noise chizow's way is the best way to keep the same reference looks.

Yuna do you think this AIO have a compatible copper plate with the EVGA AIO?

http://www.overclock.net/...-oem-gen-2-premium-aio
CoercionShaman
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1788
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2015/07/17 06:12:42 (permalink)
CaveWaverider
According to UPS, my EVGA Titan X Hybrid AIO Cooler is going to arrive today (and not a day too soon, since it's supposed to be close to 40°C here today).

A couple of questions:

1. Should I use the stock thermal compound on the Hybrid cooler or would Gelid Extreme that I have a bucket of at home be a better choice?

2. Would it make more sense to connect the Radiator fan to the Mainboard or PSU instead of the video card? I'd assume that it could help with the power target a little bit.

I prefer Gelid as well and have some on hand.  I was going to use it on mine when I installed.  I went ahead and tried the stock compound first out of curiosity.  My idle sits at 27°C and I have yet to break 50°C when gaming and my card boosts over 1300MHz.  I don't think it is a big deal either way other than the simplicity of not having to clean off the compound and reapply the new.

Regarding the fan, unless you are going to keep it on a constant speed, connect it to the card.  If you connect it to the motherboard, you are running your curve of the CPU temp, as you already know.  On the assumption you want to run a constant speed, you will alleviate a very small amount of power draw on the card by going that route.  I have zero issue with mine connected to the card with the adapter.

What use is knowledge if there is no understanding?~Stobaeus
STR8_AN94BALLER
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 298
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2015/07/17 06:33:01 (permalink)
CoercionShaman
CaveWaverider

A couple of questions:

I prefer Gelid as well and have some on hand.  I was going to use it on mine when I installed.  I went ahead and tried the stock compound first out of curiosity.  My idle sits at 27°C and I have yet to break 50°C when gaming and my card boosts over 1300MHz.  I don't think it is a big deal either way other than the simplicity of not having to clean off the compound and reapply the new.

Regarding the fan, unless you are going to keep it on a constant speed, connect it to the card.  If you connect it to the motherboard, you are running your curve of the CPU temp, as you already know.  On the assumption you want to run a constant speed, you will alleviate a very small amount of power draw on the card by going that route.  I have zero issue with mine connected to the card with the adapter.

If you connect a pwm fan to the AIO wires will the fan be controlled by the card or run at a constant speed?

How about if I connect a 3 pin DC, will this type of can be controlled by the card also?
CoercionShaman
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1788
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2015/07/17 06:51:43 (permalink)
STR8_AN94BALLER

If you connect a pwm fan to the AIO wires will the fan be controlled by the card or run at a constant speed?

How about if I connect a 3 pin DC, will this type of can be controlled by the card also?

If you hook up to the AIO wires, it will be controlled by the card and card temperature as that runs off the splitter to the card fan.  I think you might need to get one of the adapters for a PWM, though.

What use is knowledge if there is no understanding?~Stobaeus
ShadowYuna
  • Total Posts : 45
Re: The Official Titan X and HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980 Thread 2015/07/19 19:11:40 (permalink)
STR8_AN94BALLER
ShadowYuna
voozers
chizow
voozers

Yuna do you think this AIO have a compatible copper plate with the EVGA AIO?

http://www.overclock.net/...-oem-gen-2-premium-aio

I think it looks compatible with Gen 2 AIO cooler on the link you provide.

Corsair H75 is used same copper plate that used on Gen2 AIO cooler
Page: << < ..2122232425.. > >> Showing page 23 of 28
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile