EVGA

There will never be GPU’s available until something changes.

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
Maxxgold
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/09/17 12:07:04 (permalink)
Scalpers have made so much money that there will be no way to keep them from just buying up all the stock..Face it, even in the best of times, you don’t find stock numbers so high that every card could not get purchased. Even your local BestBuy or PC store only has 10 or so in stock, and even if that number was a 100, scalpers are going to continue to buy them. 

Manufacturer’s are going to have to come up with a better way to combat scalping. Waiting lists should already be the standard way to buy a GPU in this environment. You pay for you card and get put in line and when it’s your turn, you get your card. This is the way I got my first Oculus Rift. Oculus took everyone’s order, and you received your headset based on who ordered first. Very simple and easy. 

I’ve been on this waiting list since it was available, and guess what, no notification. At this point I think it’s just a scam to make people think they can get a card. They could simply take everyone’s order and solve this whole issue, easily. 

47 Replies Related Threads

transdogmifier
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6116
    • Ribbons : 17
    Re: There will never be GPU’s available until something changes. 2021/09/17 12:25:47 (permalink)
    Scalpers aren't the problem. The people that buy from them are.

If people would let the scalpers eat the stock...it wouldn't be an issue.

But no, impatient people can't do that.

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
    Deepcool LT720
    Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
    eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
    Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
    eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
    32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
    Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
    Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
    Phanteks P500A Case

Iraq lobster
    • Total Posts : 6
    Re: There will never be GPU’s available until something changes. 2021/09/17 12:31:23 (permalink)
    You are woried about scalpers? HAA Ha HAa my local retailers sells gpu not based on msrp but on prices that ar on ebay and amazon = scalpers. Just they get their deliveries direct from factories.
    4 months and still waiting.
    Mrostom
    • Total Posts : 94
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: There will never be GPU’s available until something changes. 2021/09/17 12:33:07 (permalink)
    I agree with both of you, its scalpers and buyers that use scalpers. But also manufacture that allow scalpers to get cards. I see people on FB market place with 30 - 40 cards that they are selling, I think somehow they managed to get the card from the manufacture as a retailer.
    Also keep in mind that the USA is a free market place, meaning demand increase the price or in other word the value is determined based on the need of the item. So yes the buyer from scalpers are benefiting the scalpers and negatively effect us the normal consumers.
    The bigger problem in my opinion, is that manufactures have already increased their prices %10-%20, and that means that the next gen GPU will be more expensive. the same thing happened with the 10th Gen GPU and than the 20th Gen came out more expensive hint the 2080ti with minimal increase in performance it almost increased by %80 vs the 1080ti.

if we as the normal people can do something I'm all for that! 

flg2010
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 316
    Re: There will never be GPU’s available until something changes. 2021/09/17 13:23:53 (permalink)

This is the new normal and it has been slowly developing into this for years.  I stopped building a rig and using it for gaming back in 09 and started laptop gaming since it was at the time cost effective.  Got back into building in '19.. and things seemed even worse.  I think the rigs I have right now may be the last ones I will build next time I need an upgrade its back to laptops.

Why?  Its too expensive to build a decent rig and the games I see myself playing play well enough on laptops.  

One more hobby I am priced out of.

---Main Rig Build ---
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X, CPU Cooler: NZXT X73 360, GPU: EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra, MB: ASUS CH VIII Formula, RAM: 64GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3600, Storage:  2TB Adata M.2, 2TB WD SSD, 500GB WD SSD, Case:  Thermaltake ARGB View51
    KingEngineRevUp
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1030
    • Ribbons : 9
    Re: There will never be GPU’s available until something changes. 2021/09/17 14:01:57 (permalink)
    Have you seen mining farms? Scalpers are a issue yes, but mining farms that write the bots to buy 1000s of GPU are the bigger problem. 

kraade
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2369
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: There will never be GPU’s available until something changes. 2021/09/17 15:00:09 (permalink)
    Used pre LHR 3080s are going for 2k used because mining is still a thing, when ETh changes it might bring some relief but profitability is way down on ebay for the new cards , lots of 0 bids , but we need more .
    Ebay is taking 15% so if the bids stay below Selling price plus tax plus shipping x 1.15 = people will quit trying to flip these cards.
    Chabster
    • Total Posts : 79
    Re: There will never be GPU’s available until something changes. 2021/09/17 15:08:19 (permalink)
    You can't enjoy capitalism achievements and at the same time blame it for consequences. Manufacturers are not supposed to combat scalping, their job is to produce GPUs.
    bavor
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 994
    • Ribbons : 6
    Re: There will never be GPU’s available until something changes. 2021/09/17 15:13:32 (permalink)
    kraade
    Used pre LHR 3080s are going for 2k used because mining is still a thing, when ETh changes it might bring some relief but profitability is way down on ebay for the new cards , lots of 0 bids , but we need more .

There are plenty of other cryptocurrency algorithms that the LHR cards don't have an effect on.  So if ETH becomes unmineable after changes or if everyone only sells LHR cards, they will just switch to other currencies.
    rangerscott
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 343
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: There will never be GPU’s available until something changes. 2021/09/17 15:38:00 (permalink)
    Scalping has always existed. Its just hitting us hard because electronics are what is in demand right now.

Beanie babies were scalped at craaaaazy prices.

I've been able to get four 30 series cards. Luck and patience is what worked for me. These items are nothing needed to live off of so Im good. Now when we've fully over populated to the point we cant feed outselves which will happen, then you need to worry.

Z690 Dark
    Evga 3090 Hybrid
    32gb Trident z5 @ 6000
    Corsair RM1000X psu

rawalshree
    • Total Posts : 100
    Re: There will never be GPU’s available until something changes. 2021/09/17 15:41:43 (permalink)
    Preventing just scalpers will not change anything. As another member mentioned here mining farms are equally responsible too. The sheer amount of GPU's required for a mining farms is just too many. 
    The situation won't change unless we have an alternative for miners, this way the miners can buy cards specifically designed for mining and that would leave us gamers with at least enough stock so that the queues are moving faster than the current rate. 

And for scalpers, I guess the only solution is for people to be stop being impatient and buy from scalpers. Let them sit on their cards until the production is back to speed and at that point they have to sell them at the MSRP. 

Just my thoughts
    post edited by rawalshree - 2021/09/17 15:44:18
    z1nonly
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 244
    Re: There will never be GPU’s available until something changes. 2021/09/17 15:53:22 (permalink)
    bavor
    kraade

There are plenty of other cryptocurrency algorithms that the LHR cards don't have an effect on.  So if ETH becomes unmineable after changes or if everyone only sells LHR cards, they will just switch to other currencies.

Nothing is as profitable as Ethereum. The few other tokens that are somewhat profitable now are only profitable because the difficulty is relatively low (because there's not a lot of GPU hash power on the other networks). If everyone jumps ship from Ethereum and onto the next coin, the difficulty for that coin will skyrocket and the profits will tank.

Something may yet come along that offers the profitability of Ethereum for all the miners currently mining Ethereum, but nothing could absorb Ethereum's hash power right now. 
    kraade
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2369
    Re: There will never be GPU’s available until something changes. 2021/09/17 16:21:51 (permalink)
    z1nonly
    bavor
    kraade

Nothing is as profitable as Ethereum. The few other tokens that are somewhat profitable now are only profitable because the difficulty is relatively low (because there's not a lot of GPU hash power on the other networks). If everyone jumps ship from Ethereum and onto the next coin, the difficulty for that coin will skyrocket and the profits will tank.

Something may yet come along that offers the profitability of Ethereum for all the miners currently mining Ethereum, but nothing could absorb Ethereum's hash power right now. 

Its been said the Eth would move from PoW to PoS in October of this year , we shall see . also people are stupid so who knows , I watch Ebay daily and picked up 2 3080s and a Kingpin block I know they took a loss on , I guess just needed to get them gone I guess unless they were one of the elite spinners. The other thing that might be fueling this is the independent builders who are passing inflated costs on to their customers, but it does see far from over for now. The prices on the NE Scruffle amaze me, they are higher than ebay yet lined up everyday.
    Panterra HB
    • Total Posts : 4
    Re: There will never be GPU’s available until something changes. 2021/09/17 16:25:59 (permalink)
    z1nonly
    bavor
    kraade

I hope you are right.

Governments have to be nervous about a few virtual monopoly companies being able to make these kind of insane profits. Right now crypto is fringe. But it is still 2.3 Trillion in value. Control over the money supply is shifting. We may be leaving a Petrodollar system unless profits from mining reduces.

Companies that are shielded from competition making 199 % profit margins on a consumer product will imbalance the market. Something has to happen, or a government has to step in.

Pugio in adverso belli
    ObscureEmpyre
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 972
    Re: There will never be GPU’s available until something changes. 2021/09/17 16:29:33 (permalink)
    rawalshree
    Preventing just scalpers will not change anything. As another member mentioned here mining farms are equally responsible too. The sheer amount of GPU's required for a mining farms is just too many. 
    The situation won't change unless we have an alternative for miners, this way the miners can buy cards specifically designed for mining and that would leave us gamers with at least enough stock so that the queues are moving faster than the current rate. 

And for scalpers, I guess the only solution is for people to be stop being impatient and buy from scalpers. Let them sit on their cards until the production is back to speed and at that point they have to sell them at the MSRP. 

Just my thoughts

This, but I’d take it a step further. GPU manufacturers have already taken a step towards curbing mining by introducing LHR cards. What they need to do is develop a card that isn’t capable of mining at all. Now, regardless of whether that means creating a mining-capable GPU and non-mining variant or just doing away with mining capability altogether, something more has to be done.

People have a knack for ingenuity and innovation, which can be a good thing. Repurposing GPUs for mining may have seemed ingenious, but it’s had its repercussions. It’s led to stressing power grids in some parts of the world, and its alienated GPU core audiences. Of course, GPU companies don’t care. They’re getting the money for the cards one way or another. That’s capitalism in a nutshell. Want a GPU at a fair price? Stop buying from scalpers.

As far as mining altogether is concerned, I wish people would come up with new technology for it. Then again, production of any electronics technology is currently constrained. Bottom line: unless supply ever again meets demand, enjoy the <expletive> show.

rawalshree
    Re: There will never be GPU’s available until something changes. 2021/09/17 16:47:10 (permalink)
    ObscureEmpyre
    This, but I’d take it a step further. GPU manufacturers have already taken a step towards curbing mining by introducing LHR cards. What they need to do is develop a card that isn’t capable of mining at all. Now, regardless of whether that means creating a mining-capable GPU and non-mining variant or just doing away with mining capability altogether, something more has to be done.

People have a knack for ingenuity and innovation, which can be a good thing. Repurposing GPUs for mining may have seemed ingenious, but it’s had its repercussions. It’s led to stressing power grids in some parts of the world, and its alienated GPU core audiences. Of course, GPU companies don’t care. They’re getting the money for the cards one way or another. That’s capitalism in a nutshell. Want a GPU at a fair price? Stop buying from scalpers.

As far as mining altogether is concerned, I wish people would come up with new technology for it. Then again, production of any electronics technology is currently constrained. Bottom line: unless supply ever again meets demand, enjoy the <expletive> show.

Agreed. Not only the GPU market but other industries have been affected too like you mentioned with the power grid overload. 
    A good new for us gamers is that Nvidia has already announced a dedicated GPU for miners, I think it's called CMP HX series. The bad news, it won't be available anytime soon.  Another topic of debate would be if the miners would what it move their current setup and mining practices. 
    I like the idea for cards that don't have any mining capabilities at all, but again this doesn't seem possible looking at the core chip shortage.
    Nozler
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2043
    Re: There will never be GPU’s available until something changes. 2021/09/17 17:36:17 (permalink)
    It's bots find a solution to that issues and your reflexes won't need to be millisecond quick.
    I suggested a solution in the the EVGA queue suggestion questions, but alas I'm just a cog that's
    not even in a wheel.

heatware

jaredbyoung
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 465
    Re: There will never be GPU’s available until something changes. 2021/09/17 17:50:12 (permalink)
    kraade

Its been said the Eth would move from PoW to PoS in October of this year , we shall see . also people are stupid so who knows , I watch Ebay daily and picked up 2 3080s and a Kingpin block I know they took a loss on , I guess just needed to get them gone I guess unless they were one of the elite spinners. The other thing that might be fueling this is the independent builders who are passing inflated costs on to their customers, but it does see far from over for now. The prices on the NE Scruffle amaze me, they are higher than ebay yet lined up everyday.

It has been confirmed by the Ethereum devs that ETH 2.0 (AKA going PoS) is NOT going to happen in 2021. They said a while ago that if they couldn't switch before the holiday season then they would push the switch into 2022, which is exactly what ended up happening. They have been pushing back the switch for years. Maybe they are getting close... maybe they aren't. If I had money to put on it (and indirectly I do) I'd say they don't hit that Q1 2022 target, either. 

rawalshree

ObscureEmpyre

Agreed. Not only the GPU market but other industries have been affected too like you mentioned with the power grid overload. 
    A good new for us gamers is that Nvidia has already announced a dedicated GPU for miners, I think it's called CMP HX series. The bad news, it won't be available anytime soon.  Another topic of debate would be if the miners would what it move their current setup and mining practices. 
    I like the idea for cards that don't have any mining capabilities at all, but again this doesn't seem possible looking at the core chip shortage.

There are some major issues with the CMP card release. Let me see where to even start.

First, CMP cards are NOT good for gamers, and I don't mean that the cards themselves aren't good for gaming on. I mean they don't do much for getting GPUs into your hands. Why? Well because no one wants them. I mean some people might buy them to supplement their farms, but if given the choice they'd take a full-feature GPU any day of the week. The CMP cards are just junk that couldn't cut it as a gaming GPU that they then build without video outputs. There is no mining optimization done, nothing done to reduce power draw, nothing that increases hash rate. Just crappy cards that are sold for MORE than those cards can be had by miners as full-featured GPUs. Oh and the real kick in the pants? Have you seen these CMP cards for sale? Yeah, with very few exceptions, neither have I. These are not being sold to small to medium scale miners. The only people these are even available to are the huge mega farms.

Second, CMP cards are junk once they aren't viable for mining for whatever reason. This means that if CMP were to be embraced by the mining community, once they were no longer profitable they go in the garbage can, NOT into the hands of gamers at fantastic prices. This is bad for the environment, bad for gamers and bad for miners. Miners factor in the ability to resale cards once they are no longer making money on them. Before you say anything about mining destroying cards, do a little research, it isn't true.

Third, you're making the assumption that there are two separate groups, miners and gamers. That is completely incorrect. Many if not most small to medium miners are gamers. That is exactly what got a lot of these people into mining in the first place. The LHR thing is hurting gamers. If you want to game and then mine part time then this is hurting you. This isn't hurting the bigger mining farms. This is hurting the people who are both miners and gamers. This is also possibly hurting people who use GPUs for research as it is possible that this will limit the algorithms they can use as their use could easily look like mining to an LHR system.

Anyway, I think it is fair to say that the LHR thing once again hurts the little guy, doesn't do what it claims to do and doesn't slow the big boys down even a little bit.
    jaredbyoung
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 465
    Re: There will never be GPU’s available until something changes. 2021/09/17 17:58:27 (permalink)
    KingEngineRevUp
    Have you seen mining farms? Scalpers are a issue yes, but mining farms that write the bots to buy 1000s of GPU are the bigger problem. 

Yeah, I've seen mining farms

I bet you 90% of them are like this or smaller.

rawalshree
    Re: There will never be GPU’s available until something changes. 2021/09/17 18:29:06 (permalink)
    jaredbyoung
    First, CMP cards are NOT good for gamers, and I don't mean that the cards themselves aren't good for gaming on. I mean they don't do much for getting GPUs into your hands. Why? Well because no one wants them. I mean some people might buy them to supplement their farms, but if given the choice they'd take a full-feature GPU any day of the week. The CMP cards are just junk that couldn't cut it as a gaming GPU that they then build without video outputs. There is no mining optimization done, nothing done to reduce power draw, nothing that increases hash rate. Just crappy cards that are sold for MORE than those cards can be had by miners as full-featured GPUs. Oh and the real kick in the pants? Have you seen these CMP cards for sale? Yeah, with very few exceptions, neither have I. These are not being sold to small to medium scale miners. The only people these are even available to are the huge mega farms.

Second, CMP cards are junk once they aren't viable for mining for whatever reason. This means that if CMP were to be embraced by the mining community, once they were no longer profitable they go in the garbage can, NOT into the hands of gamers at fantastic prices. This is bad for the environment, bad for gamers and bad for miners. Miners factor in the ability to resale cards once they are no longer making money on them. Before you say anything about mining destroying cards, do a little research, it isn't true.

Third, you're making the assumption that there are two separate groups, miners and gamers. That is completely incorrect. Many if not most small to medium miners are gamers. That is exactly what got a lot of these people into mining in the first place. The LHR thing is hurting gamers. If you want to game and then mine part time then this is hurting you. This isn't hurting the bigger mining farms. This is hurting the people who are both miners and gamers. This is also possibly hurting people who use GPUs for research as it is possible that this will limit the algorithms they can use as their use could easily look like mining to an LHR system.

Anyway, I think it is fair to say that the LHR thing once again hurts the little guy, doesn't do what it claims to do and doesn't slow the big boys down even a little bit.

I don't think anyone here said miners are destroying cards. The discussion here is about, most of the gamers who only wants a single card aren't able to get even that because of miners and scalpers. 

When you say many miners are gamers, Although that might be true. It still doesn't change the fact that they need more GPU for mining rather than gaming. So it's not Apples to Apples comparison. The reason I say this is because most gamers like me here need only one cards for their PC, but a miner, irrespective of whether they are gamer or not, need way more cards. 

There might be some issues with current CMP cards but over time they'll get better. 
    kevinc313
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5004
    • Ribbons : 22
    Re: There will never be GPU’s available until something changes. 2021/09/17 19:31:20 (permalink)
    Mrostom the same thing happened with the 10th Gen GPU and than the 20th Gen came out more expensive hint the 2080ti with minimal increase in performance it almost increased by %80 vs the 1080ti.

I've reviewed this myth before, a good 2080 Ti is about 50% more powerful than a good 1080ti.  Good 3080 Ti is about 30% more powerful than a good 2080 Ti.  The real value in Ampere was the 3070 and 3080, the original prices were WAY too low, it was inevitable AIB's would eventually raise prices.

Of course, crypto is the root of current price inflation.  Cards sell for 250 to 350 times their daily mining revenue on the secondary market.  The savvy small time miners are snapping up any local deal they can find.  The bigger guys are using pro-level bots at a large scale on any major website or buying direct.  Smaller scalpers with bots even have a hard time getting cards online, that's why you see them camping Best Buy etc with multiple people.
    post edited by kevinc313 - 2021/09/17 20:13:43
    kevinc313
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: There will never be GPU’s available until something changes. 2021/09/17 19:41:12 (permalink)
    rawalshree most of the gamers who only wants a single card aren't able to get even that because of miners and scalpers. 

The people who can't get a card are dumb and don't know what they are doing.  Cards do come up through the usual channels.  You can buy a 3080 Ti FTW3 on Stock-X for under $1800 and recoup part of the card cost by mining at $6-7 per day.
    kevinc313
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: There will never be GPU’s available until something changes. 2021/09/17 19:44:31 (permalink)
    rawalshree

A good new for us gamers is that Nvidia has already announced a dedicated GPU for miners, I think it's called CMP HX series. The bad news, it won't be available anytime soon.

There are plenty of CMP cards around, but they are being sold directly on pallets to medium-large mining operations by the AIB's producing them.
    rawalshree
    Re: There will never be GPU’s available until something changes. 2021/09/17 19:50:31 (permalink)
    kevinc313
    The people who can't get a card are dumb and don't know what they are doing.  Cards do come up through the usual channels.  You can buy a 3080 Ti FTW3 on Stock-X for under $1800 and recoup part of the card cost by mining at $6-7 per day.

Of course big guy. I'm pretty sure you know everything about all things. Kudos to you. 

I'm not interested in Mining and neither will I buy any overpriced cards from Stock-X. You can enjoy all the cards from there, I don't care a bit. If it's so easy then why don't all the miners go buy from there, why hog up the MSRP cards from website like EVGA.

rawalshree
    Re: There will never be GPU’s available until something changes. 2021/09/17 19:52:34 (permalink)
    kevinc313
    rawalshree

A good new for us gamers is that Nvidia has already announced a dedicated GPU for miners, I think it's called CMP HX series. The bad news, it won't be available anytime soon.

There are plenty of CMP cards around, but they are being sold directly on pallets to medium-large mining operations by the AIB's producing them.

If you say Stock-X is so great to find a card. You can easily get a CMP card there lol.
    Nozler
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2043
    Re: There will never be GPU’s available until something changes. 2021/09/17 19:55:55 (permalink)
    Bots go ahead and deflect from what is the circumstance

heatware

kevinc313
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: There will never be GPU’s available until something changes. 2021/09/17 20:05:12 (permalink)
    rawalshree
    kevinc313

Of course big guy. I'm pretty sure you know everything about all things. Kudos to you. 

I'm not interested in Mining and neither will I buy any overpriced cards from Stock-X. You can enjoy all the cards from there, I don't care a bit. If it's so easy then why don't all the miners go buy from there, why hog up the MSRP cards from website like EVGA.

If you don't want to buy from a scalper/reseller, you can check your local Facebook marketplace, Craigslist or Reddit hardware swap to find virtually any used card, it will be at market value but less than ebay or stock-x.  If you're not picky, you can enter Newegg Shuffle every day for a month or so, you'll eventually get picked for a marginal deal.  Or you can camp BB or MC if you want a straight card at MSRP.  All these things are what the small time miners are doing to get Nvidia cards.  There are AMD 6700XT's and 6900XT's all over the place, but spendy.
    post edited by kevinc313 - 2021/09/17 20:10:24
    rawalshree
    Re: There will never be GPU’s available until something changes. 2021/09/17 20:31:45 (permalink)
    kevinc313
    If you don't want to buy from a scalper/reseller, you can check your local Facebook marketplace, Craigslist or Reddit hardware swap to find virtually any used card, it will be at market value but less than ebay or stock-x.  If you're not picky, you can enter Newegg Shuffle every day for a month or so, you'll eventually get picked for a marginal deal.  Or you can camp BB or MC if you want a straight card at MSRP.  All these things are what the small time miners are doing to get Nvidia cards.  There are AMD 6700XT's and 6900XT's all over the place, but spendy.

Yeah I've been trying all over those places, but still no luck. I want to buy a 3090 ultra, and most listing I see on FB marketplace has a price of like $2700 or $2800, which is absurdly high. Not interested in AMD cards TBH, also for Newegg shuffles been doing that and haven't been selected so far. 

Most of the cards for Newegg shuffles have Gigabyte cards which are not that great with customer service TBH so not inclined in any way to buy them even if I get selected. Not worth the hassle of dealing with their customer support in case I have anu issue with the card.
    kevinc313
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: There will never be GPU’s available until something changes. 2021/09/17 21:02:41 (permalink)
    rawalshree
    kevinc313

Yeah I've been trying all over those places, but still no luck. I want to buy a 3090 ultra, and most listing I see on FB marketplace has a price of like $2700 or $2800, which is absurdly high. Not interested in AMD cards TBH, also for Newegg shuffles been doing that and haven't been selected so far. 

Most of the cards for Newegg shuffles have Gigabyte cards which are not that great with customer service TBH so not inclined in any way to buy them even if I get selected. Not worth the hassle of dealing with their customer support in case I have anu issue with the card.

Yeah 3090's are pretty much out of reach at this point because they sell for at least 20% more than a non-LHR 3080.  If you don't care about mining payback and want a top tier card, I can recommend this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0966YJGLT

Spendy, but a top performer for sure and tons of potential with the hybrid cooler.

https://youtu.be/vWXGJZ59rd8?t=599
    post edited by kevinc313 - 2021/09/17 21:07:16
    rawalshree
    Re: There will never be GPU’s available until something changes. 2021/09/17 23:55:59 (permalink)
    kevinc313
    Yeah 3090's are pretty much out of reach at this point because they sell for at least 20% more than a non-LHR 3080.  If you don't care about mining payback and want a top tier card, I can recommend this:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0966YJGLTquote
    Spendy, but a top performer for sure and tons of potential with the hybrid cooler.
    https://youtu.be/vWXGJZ59rd8?t=599

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll check it out. 
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile