EVGA

*Solved* P55 Sli - Boot Issues, randomly posts. Debug Codes b8, bc, ff, d0.

Author
Daonlyhoboman
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2010/05/22 20:29:47 (permalink)
*bangs head agaisnt wall*

Suprised im still sane at the moment, but after a very frustrating day and half searching forums for possible solutions and almost trying everything I can.

Now I bought a Intel i7 860, P55 Sli Mobo, Geil 8gb Black Dragon 1600mhz C9 Kit (Possible cause) & Coolermaster 1000W PSU, running with a evga GTS 250 1gb. Now i built the baby and reinstalled windows 7 64 bit no problems what so ever! It posted first time every reboot and had no dramas, even installed all my drivers etc with reboots, and it was fine. I then went on and installed bad company 2, went to play and got into the game play for 30secs then it just froze! hmm ok have to do a hard reset at this point, turn the computer back on and it doesnt post. I get a b8 debug code, so i clear the cmos, i get an ff code, no post. I turn the power off at the psu, unplug the chord for 5 secs, replug in and power up. No post, displays b8 code again. Do a cmos clear in the loop, i then get a bc code, no post.

Then i walk away start browsing the web for possible solutions, come back to my computer and boot up, then wat happens!? It posts!! So i take that oppurtinuty to set my ram timings rather than auto (which hadnt done previously) i manage to get into windows and everything seems fine, i then start playin some bc2 everything maxed out i get about 30mins play in, then it freezes. Hard reset. Back at square 1, I rinse and repeat, nothing. I go to bed, over the problem, wake up, boot up, and look at that it posts!! I get into windows, i start searching forums again. Then bang it freezes. Hmm ok, so i try 1 ram dimm, i try 2, i try swithing them around. Nothing again. I come on here and browse some more, go back to it and boot up, look at that it posts! I get into the bios, then it freezes in bios!! and i cant get any further then this point now. It just seem to keep gettin a b8, bc, FF, d0 codes with b8 being the most common, but it really seems to be random.

Now this just seems so bizzare!? ive tried almost everything, im not sure what bios version (would be stock) im running but i cant even really update it cause of the issues im having. The only thing I can seem to point it to is the ram, as its pretty much a new system besides the hard drives & video card and it doesnt make sense that I installed windows all my programs and it posted every time fine, now its its just weird. Does anyone also know what these codes mean? Any help or troubleshoot questions would be greatly appreciated.

About to put my fist through the board.
post edited by Daonlyhoboman - 2010/05/25 20:00:38

4 Replies Related Threads

vipervin
    • Total Posts : 14
    Re:P55 Sli - Boot Issues, randomly posts. Debug Codes b8, bc, ff, d0. Just Plain Bizzare. 2010/05/22 21:11:14 (permalink)
    Daonlyhoboman

*bangs head agaisnt wall*

I know how you feel.  Last 48 hours have been an absolute nightmare for me.  Finally up and running with the help of this forum.

I get into the bios, then it freezes in bios!!

Wow, never seen this happen.  Few things I've learned in the past few days that may help you out.

1) Run memtest86+ to check your memory.
    2) Update your BIOS if you can get back into Windows or create a bootable USB with the latest firmware.
    3) Swap components out one at a time to narrow things down.
    rmmil978
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 446
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re:P55 Sli - Boot Issues, randomly posts. Debug Codes b8, bc, ff, d0. Just Plain Bizzare. 2010/05/23 15:03:52 (permalink)
    Daonlyhoboman

Haha its ridiculous! Cheers though.

Well i cant try a memtest or bios update, unplugged all the hardware just does same issue so cant be that. Now all its doing is just powering up, no post... first it was displaying nothing on the debug screen, then either FF. Now after just rebootin it just powers up does nothing and displays b8, bc.. once it did b2, or d0, and rinse and repeat! Im not sure wat else to do.. lol sigh

I would say it's time to call EVGA's tech support line, and then begin the RMA process, that sounds like a seriously bad MB problem.  Something besides the MB might be the issue, like the memory, but it wouldn't hurt to call them and get some suggestions.

RIG #1                                   

i7-7700K (Stock, 4.2 GHZ)             
    Gigabyte Gaming - 8
    EVGA GTX 1080 TI FE           
    32 GB RAM @ 3000 Mhz       
    http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=73018
    Daonlyhoboman
    Re:P55 Sli - Boot Issues, randomly posts. Debug Codes b8, bc, ff, d0. Just Plain Bizzare. 2010/05/23 16:31:47 (permalink)
    rmmil i think your right, im going to give them a call today and see how i go. That seems like could be the only issue, not sure whether to go through the computer store i bought from or straight through evga.
    Daonlyhoboman
    Re:P55 Sli - Boot Issues, randomly posts. Debug Codes b8, bc, ff, d0. Just Plain Bizzare. 2010/05/25 19:59:57 (permalink)
    SOLVED!!

Incompatible ram. Don't get the kit i got :P, got some kingston and its working like a treat.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile