EVGA

Helpful ReplyRequesting a better overclocking bios for at least the EVGA Dark.

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
PINKTULIP
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1158
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: Requesting a better overclocking bios for at least the EVGA Dark. 2019/01/22 09:07:57 (permalink)
bcavnaugh
xeebra
Bump for the relevant parts of this request. Not the bs conversation people are injecting in here about other irrelevant ****. Would love bios improvements. 

EVGA Forums Terms of Use
Posting Guidelines 

Members are free to post any topic on the forums, provided it is not prohibited by the TOS.  All topics must be placed in the correct section, or a Moderator may move the thread to the appropriate area without warning.  All information regarding hardware and software news should be posted to the Hardware/Software News section - link.  All hardware questions that do not fit in the other categories belong in the General Hardware section - link - while all software questions that do not fit in the other categories belong in the General Software section -  link.  All other topics that are not covered by an existing section should go in the General Discussion section - link.  If you accidentally post in the wrong section, please PM a Moderator or create a ticket so that a Moderator can move the thread to the correct section. 

When making a post, please use common courtesy.  Do not post in all Caps, as this is "Shouting," and is considered rude.  Moreover, do not hijack a member's thread by creating an off-topic post by asking for help with your own issue in another's thread, even if you have a similar issue.  Create your own thread and topic for your issue, and you will receive help from the EVGA Community.  Likewise, once you've created your thread, do not "Bump" your thread by creating successive posts to keep it at the top of the post list.  Your thread will be answered in due time, and continually bumping your thread will earn a warning.  Furthermore, do not make off-topic posts, such as “in before lock,” or other comments suggesting a thread or member requires moderation (except as defined in the EVGA Marketplace rules for the Marketplace section).  Such off-topic posts serve only to derail a topic.  If you feel such a post/thread requires moderation, please PM/email a moderator or report the post without communicating this in the thread.

Hmm but true

MOBO :EVGA X299 DARK 151-SX-E299-KR  BIOS :1.29 CPU : Intel Core i9-10900X Skylake-X 10-Core 3.7 GHz  LCR :Corsair Hydro Series H80i V2 GPU :SAPPHIRE NITRO+ RX 6900 XT SE MEMORY: CORSAIR Dominator Platinum SE Torque 32GB (4 x 8GB) CMD32GX4M4C3200C14T SSD 01: SAMSUNG 970 PRO M.2 1TB NVMe SSD 02: SAMSUNG 860 PRO 256GBX2 Raid 0 PSU : Seosonic Prime Titanium SSR-1000TR 1000 Watts CASE :Thermaltake (Armor+) VH6000SWA SC :Creative Sound Blaster AE-9 5.1 Channels Monitor  Acer XR382CQK  IPS 3840x1600 @ 75HZ BD [/
bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
  • Total Posts : 38977
  • Ribbons : 282
Re: Requesting a better overclocking bios for at least the EVGA Dark. 2019/01/22 11:58:09 (permalink)
PINKTULIP
bcavnaugh
xeebra
Bump for the relevant parts of this request. Not the bs conversation people are injecting in here about other irrelevant ****. Would love bios improvements. 

EVGA Forums Terms of Use
Posting Guidelines 

Members are free to post any topic on the forums, provided it is not prohibited by the TOS.  All topics must be placed in the correct section, or a Moderator may move the thread to the appropriate area without warning.  All information regarding hardware and software news should be posted to the Hardware/Software News section - link.  All hardware questions that do not fit in the other categories belong in the General Hardware section - link - while all software questions that do not fit in the other categories belong in the General Software section -  link.  All other topics that are not covered by an existing section should go in the General Discussion section - link.  If you accidentally post in the wrong section, please PM a Moderator or create a ticket so that a Moderator can move the thread to the correct section. 

When making a post, please use common courtesy.  Do not post in all Caps, as this is "Shouting," and is considered rude.  Moreover, do not hijack a member's thread by creating an off-topic post by asking for help with your own issue in another's thread, even if you have a similar issue.  Create your own thread and topic for your issue, and you will receive help from the EVGA Community.  Likewise, once you've created your thread, do not "Bump" your thread by creating successive posts to keep it at the top of the post list.  Your thread will be answered in due time, and continually bumping your thread will earn a warning.  Furthermore, do not make off-topic posts, such as “in before lock,” or other comments suggesting a thread or member requires moderation (except as defined in the EVGA Marketplace rules for the Marketplace section).  Such off-topic posts serve only to derail a topic.  If you feel such a post/thread requires moderation, please PM/email a moderator or report the post without communicating this in the thread.

Hmm but true

I do one Better, it was marked Helpful.

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

Mr. Fox
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 252
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: Requesting a better overclocking bios for at least the EVGA Dark. 2019/01/24 12:45:22 (permalink)
valzero
I have been buying the evga classified for a few generations and I was wondering if we can get a bios that is not lacking features. Anyone else with needs please post them here. This is a list of bios features not found on my old x99 classified:

Ability to change Turbo mode parameters:

Ability to view current used voltage values:

Ability to start bios on safe mode if the overclock had a problem. 

Thanks for your time, here's to hoping something full featured. 

I agree. I recently replaced my ASUS ROG Rampage VI Apex with the X299 Dark and the lack of BIOS options is a bit disappointing. I have not lost any overclocking abilities with the CPU or RAM, but there are many settings that I prefer to control manually. I was also disappointed with the lack of features like the Memory OK and BIOS Retry buttons. When I got the Rampage VI Apex replacement from ASUS, I had to really stop and think about which one to keep and which one to sell. It was a difficult decision. The X299 Dark lacks nothing in terms of build/durability. I ultimately kept the X299 Dark because ASUS warranty service sucks compared to EVGA. EVGA is awesome in that area. It took 5 weeks to get a replacement board from ASUS. The reason I purchased the X299 Dark in the first place is because I had already experienced ASUS' painfully slow warranty service once before and was expecting a slow ride. Little did I know it would take them more than a month to resolve, and that totally unacceptable cycle time was ultimately the deciding factor for me. 

The BIOS menu options on the ASUS enthusiast motherboards is elaborate, extensive and granular, and I used all of them on the Maximus and Rampage boards. Would be nice to at least have things like the power and current limit control and LLC. Most of these settings are managed automatically by the EVGA firmware, and it does a nice job of it. No complaint in that regard, I just prefer have the ability to control it all, and those buttons we are missing were extremely useful. It was nice being able to boot in a "safe mode" to tweak just one setting instead of having to start over from scratch after clearing the CMOS. I've adapted to the lack of them by saving profiles as I go about the tuning, then overwriting them with my final settings. 
post edited by Mr. Fox - 2019/01/24 12:51:21

Wraith // EVGA Z690 Dark K|NGP|N | 13900K | MSI 4090 Suprim X | 32GB DDR5 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 P2 | HC-500A Chiller | MO-RA3 360 D5*3 || EVGA DG-86
Banshee // ASUS Z690 Apex | 13900KF | ASROCK 6900 XT OC Formula | 32GB DDR5 | Corsair RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova D5*2 || Corsair 5000D Airflow
Half-Breed // Precision 17 7720 | 7920HQ (BGA filth) | Quadro P5000 16GB (MXM) | 32GB DDR4 || Grade A Off-Lease Refurb

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile