Razer Naga High-Pitched Whine

Author
ObscureEmpyre
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 972
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 7
2022/05/23 07:50:22 (permalink)
Have any of you experienced a high-pitched whine when clicking with your Razer Naga mouse (or any other mouse)? It’s been a very long time since I’ve experienced any kind of auditory feedback from a mouse but alas, my roughly 2-year old Naga decided to start with this kind of shenanigans. It seems like I need to replace Naga mice once every 1-2 years for various reasons, usually one of the buttons misbehaving. Beginning to think I should try a different brand. Anyone have any recommendations?

3 Replies Related Threads

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: Razer Naga High-Pitched Whine 2022/05/23 09:14:53 (permalink)
    What is razer’s name warranty like?

I switched away from Razer back over to Logitech recently, because I wasn’t super happy with the razer performance.
    yaymz
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 736
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Razer Naga High-Pitched Whine 2022/05/23 11:24:11 (permalink)
    I've used Razer Naga's for about 10 years now.  Never heard any sort of unexplained auditory noise.  For me, they have a good 3-5 year life span, I believe the laser was what went out on mine.

cpu: Intel 12900k-EK Quantum Magnitude waterblock
    mobo: Asus z690 Apex
    ram: G.skill DDR5 @ 6000+.
    gpu: MSI 4090 Suprim Liq x on EK-Quantum Vector² Trio ABP waterblock
    ssd: Samsung m.2 980 Pro 2TB (x2)
    psu: beQuiet Dark Power Pro 1500w
    case: Lian-li o11d xl
    monitor: Asus ROG Swift 27" 1440p @240hz (PG279QM).[/
    ObscureEmpyre
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 972
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: Razer Naga High-Pitched Whine 2022/05/23 11:34:05 (permalink)
    the_Scarlet_one
    What is razer’s name warranty like?

I switched away from Razer back over to Logitech recently, because I wasn’t super happy with the razer performance.

Razer states two years for mice. Problem is, I’d be without a thumb-button mouse if I sent it in for warranty replacement. Plus, shipping & packing supplies would probably be around $25. That’s roughly half of what it cost me to order a new mouse the other night. Kind of not worth. Then again, it’s kind of not worth it to keep having to buy a new mouse once every 1-2 years. That’s why I’m considering switching brands. Problem is my keyboard is also Razer, so I’d likely have to get another keyboard just so I don’t have to install numerous brands’ software.

yaymz
    I've used Razer Naga's for about 10 years now.  Never heard any sort of unexplained auditory noise.  For me, they have a good 3-5 year life span, I believe the laser was what went out on mine.

For me, it’s usually either the left-click or scroll wheel button that gets worn out. Left-click will start registering as a double-click half the time. The scroll wheel button I use for push-to-talk when in comms with other people, and that gets to the point that it requires a lot more force for the button press to register. Don’t think I’ve ever had a laser problem. As far as the whining sound, I discovered it after various steps of troubleshooting when I plugged in a cheap Dell mouse, and the sound went away. Plugged my Naga back in there was the sound again.

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile