EVGA

RTX TRIPLE THREAT

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
TheCerri
  • Total Posts : 9
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: RTX TRIPLE THREAT 2019/04/13 08:03:24 (permalink)
That's a bit of a stretch, friend. EVGA is a solid company. It's clearly stated that supplies are limited. The fact that you didn't read that or the details on how to obtain your code is not their fault but your own.
swank121
  • Total Posts : 6
Re: RTX TRIPLE THREAT 2019/04/13 08:20:49 (permalink)
This was poorly handled by any measure. I'm happy you got your codes. A company that falls back on fine print is not one that will see future business from me.
TheCerri
  • Total Posts : 9
Re: RTX TRIPLE THREAT 2019/04/13 08:27:28 (permalink)
You'll soon run out of companies if that's your stance. I wish you luck in your search.

For what it's worth EVGA would still have my business even if I didn't get the codes. For me the games were a bonus, not a deciding factor to purchase the card.
transdogmifier
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6116
  • Ribbons : 17
Re: RTX TRIPLE THREAT 2019/04/13 08:36:23 (permalink)
swank121
This was poorly handled by any measure. I'm happy you got your codes. A company that falls back on fine print is not one that will see future business from me.

Seriously, you blame eVGA for your oversight?  The codes are from NV and are subject to a limited amount as well.

Either way this isn't eVGAs fault.

Have a nice day

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
Deepcool LT720
Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
Phanteks P500A Case

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18915
  • Ribbons : 58
Re: RTX TRIPLE THREAT 2019/04/13 09:31:50 (permalink)
swank121

As others have said, the promotion is run by NVidia, not EVGA, and NVidia determine how many codes are available and the terms & conditions that go with the deal, so feel free to go to the NVidia forums and make your complaint instead of sitting here blaming the wrong party in their own forums, even after being made aware of your error.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

swank121
Re: RTX TRIPLE THREAT 2019/04/13 09:58:30 (permalink)
Yikes, looks like I poked the fanboy nest.

I'm complaining as a customer of EVGA (the retailer) who advertised a promotion that was a factor in my purchasing decision. I'm not going to shrug my shoulders and say "oh well" when EVGA reaps the benefits of the promotion while failing to deliver and shifting blame to another party. As was mentioned in this thread, Newegg handles promotions in a different way and they will get my business next time (as a retailer - this has nothing to do with the hardware itself).

If the promotion is run by nVidia, and EVGA has no say in it, then EVGA has no business advertising it. Truth is it's a partnership and EVGA is responsible as a retailer. Fact are, game codes that were advertised to me when I made my purchase are not being delivered. This is deceptive marketing at best. I have every right to be upset and vent on the forum of the retailer who gladly took my money and offered no other remediation for failing to deliver.

EVGATech_AdamB explained two days ago that "The game codes would be provided from the original participating place of purchase, not the manufacturer."

He also asked for anyone who was eligible and didn't receive codes to email webmaster@evga.com. I did so and got this reply:
"Hello,
Unfortunately this promotion is only available wile supplies last as records show this promotion is now closed with all inventory for this promotion being completely exhausted. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this matter has caused.

Regards,
EVGA"

Yes, if I had registered the card the day I received it then this wouldn't have happened (to me, who knows how many others are expecting codes and won't get them).  I would have bought the card whether the games came with it or not, but that's not the point. EVGA should not be excused for poor customer service, and this will be my last purchase from them.
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: RTX TRIPLE THREAT 2019/04/14 10:08:53 (permalink)
swank121
Yes, if I had registered the card the day I received it then this wouldn't have happened (to me, who knows how many others are expecting codes and won't get them).  I would have bought the card whether the games came with it or not, but that's not the point. EVGA should not be excused for poor customer service, and this will be my last purchase from them.

Your attack on EVGA and accusations of poor customer service because of your failings to read and understand the conditions of the promotion is why many are reacting against you rather than sympathizing with you (including myself). It's not so much 'fanboyism' as it is a sense of speaking out against an unfair accusation. Again, it is a promotion by NVidia, and they determine how many codes are available and when it ends, EVGA have zero control over that, and EVGA also have zero control of when you decide to get around to registering a product. Accusing EVGA of poor customer service as a result is simply false. "I would have bought the card whether the games came with it or not, but that's not the point." It kind of is the point, now you've said it. Your complaint just reeks of entitlement as a result, rather than reason. If EVGA could work something out for you, believe me, they would try, and maybe they are still trying (despite your accusations), but if your attitude remains as it is, then personally I'd consider you never being a customer again as a positive - but I'm not EVGA, they are better than that. Good luck with your future purchases with another reseller, you'll need it.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

swank121
Re: RTX TRIPLE THREAT 2019/04/14 12:58:23 (permalink)
The accusation is not unfair, and this thread shows I'm not the only one making it. I contacted EVGA before posting at all to give them a chance to make it right, after seeing that they had done so for other customers in this thread. I was denied and decided to make that known in the relevant thread for the benefit of others and to potentially spur some positive action. The backlash I'm getting here is unproductive and frankly embarrassing.

I've bought more than 20 graphics cards going back to the 3dfx days. I've never had to register a card to receive a promotion before. It's not a customer friendly policy, especially considering I bought the card directly from EVGA. And it's not like I'm trying to redeem a month or more after ordering. It's been just over a week, which is a reasonable amount of time to allow for parts to arrive and the system built.

I'm sure EVGA has their reasons. Fortunately they also understand that the measure of great customer service is not defined by business decree or forum posts from enthusiastic supporters. It's defined by listening to your customers and making things right.

After filing a complaint through the support portal, EVGA came through and sent the codes via email this morning. The message explained "Though we did deplete all available codes, Nvidia has been kind enough to recently provide us with a few extras" So if you have been denied before, it may be worth trying again now. Kudos to EVGA for supporting their customers when it would be easier not to.  I hope everyone else expecting codes will get them too.
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: RTX TRIPLE THREAT 2019/04/14 18:21:42 (permalink)
swank121
The accusation is not unfair, and this thread shows I'm not the only one making it. I contacted EVGA before posting at all to give them a chance to make it right, after seeing that they had done so for other customers in this thread. I was denied and decided to make that known in the relevant thread for the benefit of others and to potentially spur some positive action. The backlash I'm getting here is unproductive and frankly embarrassing.

I've bought more than 20 graphics cards going back to the 3dfx days. I've never had to register a card to receive a promotion before. It's not a customer friendly policy, especially considering I bought the card directly from EVGA. And it's not like I'm trying to redeem a month or more after ordering. It's been just over a week, which is a reasonable amount of time to allow for parts to arrive and the system built.

I'm sure EVGA has their reasons. Fortunately they also understand that the measure of great customer service is not defined by business decree or forum posts from enthusiastic supporters. It's defined by listening to your customers and making things right.

After filing a complaint through the support portal, EVGA came through and sent the codes via email this morning. The message explained "Though we did deplete all available codes, Nvidia has been kind enough to recently provide us with a few extras" So if you have been denied before, it may be worth trying again now. Kudos to EVGA for supporting their customers when it would be easier not to.  I hope everyone else expecting codes will get them too.

ONCE AGAIN EVGA CUSTOMER SERVICE GOES THAT EXTRA MILE. Well done EVGA, as always.

So there you go Swank121.. the horrid EVGA customer service managed to get your codes despite you trashing EVGA because NVidia limited the supply. Like I said; if EVGA could work something out for you, they would try - and they did. THAT is good service. Maybe an apology to EVGA for being an asshat about it and trashing them?

kitchokits
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: RTX TRIPLE THREAT 2019/04/19 07:34:18 (permalink)
hello.. so i purchase RTX 2080 ti on april 2.. and I just registered my gpu today and I didn't get anycode and it says promotion close... can i still get the games? tia
XrayMan
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 73000
  • Ribbons : 115
Re: RTX TRIPLE THREAT 2019/04/19 20:02:36 (permalink)
kitchokits
hello.. so i purchase RTX 2080 ti on april 2.. and I just registered my gpu today and I didn't get anycode and it says promotion close... can i still get the games? tia

You may have waited too long. The codes are limited in supply.

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
kitchokits
Re: RTX TRIPLE THREAT 2019/04/20 01:04:03 (permalink)
wait.. so i am not able to get the game for free anymore?
czd358121692
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: RTX TRIPLE THREAT 2019/04/21 19:24:59 (permalink)
Damn.. Shall we ask EVGA to stock more codes?
XrayMan
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 73000
  • Ribbons : 115
Re: RTX TRIPLE THREAT 2019/04/21 20:29:00 (permalink)
czd358121692
Damn.. Shall we ask EVGA to stock more codes?

Yes. You call them and tell them to do that. Let us know how it goes.

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
kitchokits
Re: RTX TRIPLE THREAT 2019/04/30 19:32:13 (permalink)
please help me get a code.. I purchase a RTX 2080 ti but never get a code.. I need a game to play!
EVGATech_DanielM
EVGA Tech Support
  • Total Posts : 1132
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: RTX TRIPLE THREAT 2019/04/30 20:27:36 (permalink)
kitchokits
please help me get a code.. I purchase a RTX 2080 ti but never get a code.. I need a game to play!

I do apologize but we have exhausted the amount of codes provided by NVIDIA. Once we have reached the threshold we unfortunately are unable to provide any more as we simply do not have them. 
Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile