EVGA

RTX TRIPLE THREAT

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Author
speedycake
  • Total Posts : 9
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: RTX TRIPLE THREAT 2019/04/04 11:16:35 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one
speedycake
I just purchased a 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid on 4/3 trying to squeeze in right before the promotion ending, the promotion appears to have ended today and I'm not sure if I'm going to be getting the promotion codes.

The terms and conditions set by Nvidia say that the promotion goes into May. The “promotion is closed” banner May show up for a few different reasons, to include that you have not registered your card yet. Once you receive and register your card, check the promotion page again. Also, did you order directly from EVGA or from an Authorized Dealer? Just want to make sure, to make everything easier for you later.

Ordered directly off EVGA's store and that's a relief to hear. Would hate to miss out on near $150 worth of games.
alex4r
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: RTX TRIPLE THREAT 2019/04/06 17:49:20 (permalink)
I purchased direct from EVGA as well, registered the card Thursday and I still get the "This Promotion is Closed" message.
fenix793
Re: RTX TRIPLE THREAT 2019/04/06 17:59:37 (permalink)
speedycake
the_Scarlet_one
speedycake
I just purchased a 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid on 4/3 trying to squeeze in right before the promotion ending, the promotion appears to have ended today and I'm not sure if I'm going to be getting the promotion codes.

The terms and conditions set by Nvidia say that the promotion goes into May. The “promotion is closed” banner May show up for a few different reasons, to include that you have not registered your card yet. Once you receive and register your card, check the promotion page again. Also, did you order directly from EVGA or from an Authorized Dealer? Just want to make sure, to make everything easier for you later.

Ordered directly off EVGA's store and that's a relief to hear. Would hate to miss out on near $150 worth of games.

Were you able to redeem your code? I registered my card and under the code part it just says 'The promotion is closed.' My 2080 Ti purchased on 3/30 only arrived yesterday.
alex4r
Re: RTX TRIPLE THREAT 2019/04/06 18:02:42 (permalink)
No, it hasn't displayed a code for me either. I bought mine on 3/30 too.
fenix793
Re: RTX TRIPLE THREAT 2019/04/06 18:09:27 (permalink)
Yea this is pretty messed up. When I order off Newegg or B&H they usually send the codes after order confirmation. Dunno why EVGA has you register the card to get the code. They should have sent it after the order was placed.
speedycake
Re: RTX TRIPLE THREAT 2019/04/06 18:54:03 (permalink)
fenix793
speedycake
the_Scarlet_one
speedycake

Were you able to redeem your code? I registered my card and under the code part it just says 'The promotion is closed.' My 2080 Ti purchased on 3/30 only arrived yesterday.

I contacted support to see if they could forward me the codes on their end, they provided them but since the card is still in transit to me (4/10 delivery estimate) GeForce Experience is not letting me redeem until the card is installed. I'll report back when I have the card installed and see if the promotion redemption works. This whole process has been very frustrating.
Hoggle
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 10102
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: RTX TRIPLE THREAT 2019/04/06 18:59:09 (permalink)
fenix793
Yea this is pretty messed up. When I order off Newegg or B&H they usually send the codes after order confirmation. Dunno why EVGA has you register the card to get the code. They should have sent it after the order was placed.

I would be surprised if other sites offered the code right away since it's through the NVIDIA site. In the past that might have been the case but with people selling them online it now can go as far as to make sure the video card is installed on the system that is trying to redeem the code to get the CD key.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

fenix793
Re: RTX TRIPLE THREAT 2019/04/06 19:58:19 (permalink)
speedycake
fenix793
speedycake
the_Scarlet_one
speedycake

I contacted support to see if they could forward me the codes on their end, they provided them but since the card is still in transit to me (4/10 delivery estimate) GeForce Experience is not letting me redeem until the card is installed. I'll report back when I have the card installed and see if the promotion redemption works. This whole process has been very frustrating.

Just curious when did you contact support? I tried a little while ago and they said they were out of codes and basically there's not much to be done about it. Pretty lame of them to not have enough codes to cover all their sales until the end of the promotion and pretty smart of you to call in advance of delivery.
fenix793
Re: RTX TRIPLE THREAT 2019/04/06 20:44:58 (permalink)
Hoggle
fenix793

I would be surprised if other sites offered the code right away since it's through the NVIDIA site. In the past that might have been the case but with people selling them online it now can go as far as to make sure the video card is installed on the system that is trying to redeem the code to get the CD key.

Reading around it seems Newegg and B&H do in fact send the promo code in an email shortly after purchase. Amazon also sends the code via email after the card ships. It's only EVGA that makes you register the card to get the code. Regardless of who you buy from you will need the card to actually use the code but it's nice to know you have it ready to go. That being said it seems people are having trouble actually redeeming the code and getting actual game keys. Seems this whole promo is a bit of a mess.
XrayMan
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 73000
  • Ribbons : 115
Re: RTX TRIPLE THREAT 2019/04/07 12:57:14 (permalink)

Have to have GFE even if you don't want it. Guess Nvidia trying to get more people to install it.

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: RTX TRIPLE THREAT 2019/04/07 13:42:17 (permalink)
fenix793

Reading around it seems Newegg and B&H do in fact send the promo code in an email shortly after purchase. Amazon also sends the code via email after the card ships. It's only EVGA that makes you register the card to get the code. Regardless of who you buy from you will need the card to actually use the code but it's nice to know you have it ready to go. That being said it seems people are having trouble actually redeeming the code and getting actual game keys. Seems this whole promo is a bit of a mess.

"Reading around" is different than real life situations sometimes.

NewEgg is very smart about their promotional handling lately.  Many users LOVED to order the product, wait for the codes, and then immediately cancel the order once they had redeemed the codes or had a chance to sell the codes.

NewEgg outsmarted the people that were foolish enough to ruin it for everyone else.  NewEgg discounts the product, and then charges for the promotional item.. When users return the product, they lose the entire cost of the promotional codes.. In the end, the user pays retail for the games if they return the card, and there is nothing they can do to avoid that. So yeah, they do deliver the code instantly, but you are also paying for the code directly after getting a discount for the GPU.

Also note: you can view the triple threat promotion on NewEgg's page here: https://www.newegg.com/triple_threat

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18926
  • Ribbons : 58
Re: RTX TRIPLE THREAT 2019/04/07 17:52:44 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one
NewEgg outsmarted the people that were foolish enough to ruin it for everyone else.  NewEgg discounts the product, and then charges for the promotional item.. When users return the product, they lose the entire cost of the promotional codes.. In the end, the user pays retail for the games if they return the card, and there is nothing they can do to avoid that.

Best way to do it for sure, although I don't like that it seems you have to install GFE to redeem.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

TheCerri
Re: RTX TRIPLE THREAT 2019/04/08 10:50:07 (permalink)
I foolishly forgot to redeem during that one month window and now it says the promotion is closed. Is there no way to get the codes?

What's this about redeeming through GeForce Experience? Does it require a hardware ID to redeeem? I can't give the code to a friend?
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: RTX TRIPLE THREAT 2019/04/08 11:41:51 (permalink)
TheCerri
I foolishly forgot to redeem during that one month window and now it says the promotion is closed. Is there no way to get the codes?

What's this about redeeming through GeForce Experience? Does it require a hardware ID to redeeem? I can't give the code to a friend?

You can not. It requires a Turing card to redeem through GFE. Nvidia requires both to verify the GPU was actually purchased.
fenix793
Re: RTX TRIPLE THREAT 2019/04/08 16:28:13 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one
fenix793

"Reading around" is different than real life situations sometimes.

NewEgg is very smart about their promotional handling lately.  Many users LOVED to order the product, wait for the codes, and then immediately cancel the order once they had redeemed the codes or had a chance to sell the codes.

NewEgg outsmarted the people that were foolish enough to ruin it for everyone else.  NewEgg discounts the product, and then charges for the promotional item.. When users return the product, they lose the entire cost of the promotional codes.. In the end, the user pays retail for the games if they return the card, and there is nothing they can do to avoid that. So yeah, they do deliver the code instantly, but you are also paying for the code directly after getting a discount for the GPU.

Also note: you can view the triple threat promotion on NewEgg's page here: 

I agree reading around is not the same as real life as I have had zero problems returning to Newegg and getting a full refund even when promo codes were involved ;). To be fair I have a long history of ordering from them and they probably know I'm not doing it to just get the codes.
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: RTX TRIPLE THREAT 2019/04/08 16:32:29 (permalink)
fenix793
I agree reading around is not the same as real life as I have had zero problems returning to Newegg and getting a full refund even when promo codes were involved ;). To be fair I have a long history of ordering from them and they probably know I'm not doing it to just get the codes.

Have you already ordered and returned a Turing Card after redeeming the promotion codes?

Also, did you look at the promotion from Newegg and read the Terms and Conditions on their site yet?
post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2019/04/08 16:34:03
fenix793
Re: RTX TRIPLE THREAT 2019/04/08 16:33:51 (permalink)
alex4r

TheCerri

I was able to get in touch with EVGA Jacob on Twitter and after giving him my order info and serial numbers he was able to get me the codes. I also let him know others are having issues and he said he's addressing the issue and moving forward they should be able to support. Hope you guys see this and get your codes!
fenix793
Re: RTX TRIPLE THREAT 2019/04/08 17:13:06 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one
fenix793

Have you already ordered and returned a Turing Card after redeeming the promotion codes?

Also, did you look at the promotion from Newegg and read the Terms and Conditions on their site yet?

No and no. Just saying in the past when I needed to return a card that had a promo code associated with it it wasn't a problem. If their way of handling it helps reduce fraud all the better. At any rate I was able to get my codes so at least for me the issue has been resolved hopefully others see this and are able to get theirs as well.
UnfairOrb
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: RTX TRIPLE THREAT 2019/04/09 13:19:30 (permalink)
I’ve purchased a qualifying card within the specified date range, registered, etc. Well over 5 days have passed and regretfully have not received any codes. Sorry EVGA, but what gives?
fenix793
Re: RTX TRIPLE THREAT 2019/04/09 14:24:07 (permalink)
UnfairOrb
I’ve purchased a qualifying card within the specified date range, registered, etc. Well over 5 days have passed and regretfully have not received any codes. Sorry EVGA, but what gives?

Check out my post above. If you didn't get the codes immediately on the website then they probably aren't coming and you will need to contact EVGA to get them.
cjremshaw
Re: RTX TRIPLE THREAT 2019/04/09 14:24:31 (permalink)
Yea just called today as it gave me the same message (Promotion is closed) and was told they are out of codes. They might(?) get more in but who knows. Unfortunately I'm out $100+ if I were to return it. Next time I'll check for the promo code before I open the box.
fenix793
Re: RTX TRIPLE THREAT 2019/04/09 14:40:30 (permalink)
cjremshaw
Yea just called today as it gave me the same message (Promotion is closed) and was told they are out of codes. They might(?) get more in but who knows. Unfortunately I'm out $100+ if I were to return it. Next time I'll check for the promo code before I open the box.

Try tweeting or emailing EVGA Jacob. He should be able to help and he's aware of the issue.
cjremshaw
Re: RTX TRIPLE THREAT 2019/04/10 13:48:00 (permalink)
Just got my promo codes a few moments ago via email after inquiring about their status yesterday, so very happy to see that! Hopefully others have experienced similar results.
EVGATech_AdamB
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1930
Re: RTX TRIPLE THREAT 2019/04/10 17:36:48 (permalink)
Hello all! Please keep in mind that for the RTX Triple Threat game promotion, as per the terms and conditions of the promotion it is while supplies last. Earlier this week the supply of game codes were exhausted but we were able to work with NVIDIA to obtain a small amount of codes to assist as many customers as possible. If you purchased from EVGA.com or our EVGA_Official eBay store and have not received a game code, please first ensure that your product is registered at EVGA.com and double-check if you can request a code at the link here: https://www.evga.com/articles/01312/rtx-triple-threat/. You will want to scroll down toward the bottom-half of the page and you should see your serial number and a gray "Request" button if codes are still available.

For any purchases from an authorized re-seller you will need to contact their support team on if they are able to provide you with a game code. The game codes would be provided from the original participating place of purchase, not the manufacturer.

If anyone has any problems with requesting or redeeming a code, please e-mail us at webmaster@evga.com so we can assist you.

Like our service? Please provide feedback for us at the link HERE
EVGATech_AdamB
FTW Member
Re: RTX TRIPLE THREAT 2019/04/10 17:38:39 (permalink)
UnfairOrb

Hello UnfairOrb! I have looked into your registration and it looks like you would need to contact our Taiwan team in regards to your promotional game code request. Please e-mail us at supportTW@evga.com so we can assist you further.

EVGATech_AdamB
FTW Member
Re: RTX TRIPLE THREAT 2019/04/10 17:48:59 (permalink)
TheCerri

I have looked up your order information and do see that your purchase qualified for the game promotion. You now should have received an e-mail in reference to your game code request. You can also login to EVGA.com and visit the link here: https://www.evga.com/articles/01312/rtx-triple-threat/default.asp to find your game codes and redemption instructions. The codes and redemption instructions would be located at the bottom-half of that page.

EVGATech_AdamB
FTW Member
Re: RTX TRIPLE THREAT 2019/04/10 17:54:33 (permalink)
speedycake

I have looked up your order information and your promotional game codes have been requested. Please login to EVGA.com and then follow the link here: https://www.evga.com/articles/01312/rtx-triple-threat/default.asp. Your codes and redemption instructions would be located at the bottom-half of that page. Please keep in mind that you would need to have the graphics card installed in order to redeem through Geforce Experience, but now that you have the codes you should still be able to redeem them up until May 2, 2019.

EVGATech_DavidR
EVGA Tech Support
  • Total Posts : 318
Re: RTX TRIPLE THREAT 2019/04/10 19:00:26 (permalink)
alex4r

Hi Alex, It looks like the promo is closed on the site for now. I will be reaching out to you via email to assist.

TheCerri
Re: RTX TRIPLE THREAT 2019/04/11 13:02:48 (permalink)
I got an email this morning and I see the code on the page. Thanks folks!
swank121
  • Total Posts : 6
Re: RTX TRIPLE THREAT 2019/04/13 07:57:13 (permalink)
Very disappointed here. This is my first card from EVGA. I've gotten promotions from other retailers where the code is in the box. I ordered on 4/2. Waited for an email not realizing the card had to be registered first.
Now support says no codes are available. How can they advertise a promotion then not deliver? Then blame limited supplies? Feels like bait and switch.
Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile