Author
Liyanlin
  • Total Posts : 6
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/12/02 02:13:27 (permalink)
Hello EVGA fans,

Problem:

I have my RTX 3080 card since early November, have been playing games for a while now, overall I have a good experience.
But today, it crashed I have to try to reboot, however, that did not solve the problem. Basically, the monitor doesn't have a signal display. And mouse and keyboard are not lighting up. The graphic card ran fine for the last two weeks, why it happened today, I wondering.

Methods I tried:

And I try to use a different PCI slot for another try, It did not work out.
Just check my build, I put on my oldest graphic GTX 750 ti, magic happens, the system successfully displays the login screen.
I was using the 850W power supply with I connect the graphic card with 3 x 8 Pin, one of them is a daisy chain. 
I have contact with the EVGA tech support team today, they said it might be the DP cable I was using. So I tried using HDMI, still the same problem.

Questions:

Should I try to change my power supply to the one with 3 individual 8 Pin slot ?

Any of you experiencing this problem?

Thank you for your answer.
Turdy99
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 136
Re: RTX 3080 Black Screen Windows 10 Wont start 2020/12/02 02:28:27 (permalink)
Worth a shot 
Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 49168
  • Ribbons : 199
Re: RTX 3080 Black Screen Windows 10 Wont start 2020/12/02 10:47:58 (permalink)
I’d try the card in another pc. Friends pc or local pc should do.
Cathanasselis
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: RTX 3080 Black Screen Windows 10 Wont start 2020/12/02 14:23:20 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Liyanlin 2020/12/02 14:29:38
Hello! I have had this same issue with my replacement 3080 after the first one died with the one red light above the left pcie cable.

I have tried 3 different PSU’s, all 850w gold rated. 2 of them were brand new and the problem still persisted. Waiting on my current RMA replacement. I’ve seen a lot of posts about black screens happening but the pc still running with these cards but never saw someone post about their keyboard and mouse losing connectivity like mine did. I will say that I did not daisy chain any of the cables and used all individual cables.

Wish I could offer advice or a workaround for you. I have tried every possible work around I’ve seen on the forums and still have the same problem. But my 1070ti works like a charm.
Liyanlin
Re: RTX 3080 Black Screen Windows 10 Wont start 2020/12/02 14:38:50 (permalink)
Cathanasselis
Hello! I have had this same issue with my replacement 3080 after the first one died with the one red light above the left pcie cable.

I have tried 3 different PSU’s, all 850w gold rated. 2 of them were brand new and the problem still persisted. Waiting on my current RMA replacement. I’ve seen a lot of posts about black screens happening but the pc still running with these cards but never saw someone post about their keyboard and mouse losing connectivity like mine did. I will say that I did not daisy chain any of the cables and used all individual cables.

Wish I could offer advice or a workaround for you. I have tried every possible work around I’ve seen on the forums and still have the same problem. But my 1070ti works like a charm.

Yea, I don't think is a power problem, I use my other graphic card and it is fine.
Anyway, I will try to use individual cable, but I dont expect too much result from it. However, I submit a ticket with EVGA, if the power did not solve the problem, I prob gonna asking for an RMA replacement.

What did they say about the problem?
Cathanasselis
Re: RTX 3080 Black Screen Windows 10 Wont start 2020/12/02 15:02:21 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Liyanlin 2020/12/16 07:34:45
Yeah unfortunately it seems like a common issue with some of these 3080’s sadly. I tried a brand new mobo as well as PSU and still ran into this exact problem. EVGA has been super helpful through all of this. They just asked if I used different PSU’s or cables and I let them know that I have used 3 different and 2 brand new 850w PSU’s with the same issue and I told them the troubleshooting I did. I even tried brand new display port cables that were mentioned on the forums and no dice. So then they opened an RMA for me. Hopefully 3rd cards a charm for me. 🤞 I’ve only been able to get like 20 min of gaming between the 2 cards.
Liyanlin
Re: RTX 3080 Black Screen Windows 10 Wont start 2020/12/02 18:26:01 (permalink)
Sajin
I’d try the card in another pc. Friends pc or local pc should do.

Turdy99
Worth a shot 

Yeah, I am going to try a new PSU tonight, lets find out what causing the problem
Liyanlin
Re: RTX 3080 Black Screen Windows 10 Wont start 2020/12/02 21:47:16 (permalink)
I Bought the EVGA 850W GA today, I tried it at home, the problem remains still. It seems it be a card problem.
Liyanlin
Re: RTX 3080 Black Screen Windows 10 Wont start 2020/12/03 15:18:04 (permalink)
Cathanasselis
Yeah unfortunately it seems like a common issue with some of these 3080’s sadly. I tried a brand new mobo as well as PSU and still ran into this exact problem. EVGA has been super helpful through all of this. They just asked if I used different PSU’s or cables and I let them know that I have used 3 different and 2 brand new 850w PSU’s with the same issue and I told them the troubleshooting I did. I even tried brand new display port cables that were mentioned on the forums and no dice. So then they opened an RMA for me. Hopefully 3rd cards a charm for me. 🤞 I’ve only been able to get like 20 min of gaming between the 2 cards.

I just got confirmation with my RMA replacement, I have a question, Did you return the original package? Are they give you a new brand new or something else?
leedhuevn
  • Total Posts : 5
Re: RTX 3080 Black Screen Windows 10 Wont start 2020/12/06 05:26:03 (permalink)
IDK If you have tried to clean uninstall driver using Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) . You should download the latest NVIDIA driver to a folder first Since NVIDIA team address this issue and seem to attempt to fix it with this new Driver. you need to disable your internet (windows tend to automatically install older NVIDIA drivers that you don't want) before going through the process. First, you should disable your internet then enter Safe Mode and use DDU to uninstall the driver once your computer restart makes sure the internet still disable then install the NVIDIA driver that you downloaded after installation finish then you can enable your internet again. Hopefully, this will fix your crash problem good luck!
post edited by leedhuevn - 2020/12/06 05:30:23
Coldblackice
  • Total Posts : 65
Re: RTX 3080 Black Screen Windows 10 Wont start 2020/12/06 19:35:56 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Liyanlin 2020/12/16 07:34:58
Liyanlin
Hello EVGA fans,

Problem:

I have my RTX 3080 card since early November, have been playing games for a while now, overall I have a good experience.
But today, it crashed I have to try to reboot, however, that did not solve the problem. Basically, the monitor doesn't have a signal display. And mouse and keyboard are not lighting up. The graphic card ran fine for the last two weeks, why it happened today, I wondering.

Methods I tried:

And I try to use a different PCI slot for another try, It did not work out.
Just check my build, I put on my oldest graphic GTX 750 ti, magic happens, the system successfully displays the login screen.
I was using the 850W power supply with I connect the graphic card with 3 x 8 Pin, one of them is a daisy chain. 
I have contact with the EVGA tech support team today, they said it might be the DP cable I was using. So I tried using HDMI, still the same problem.

Questions:

Should I try to change my power supply to the one with 3 individual 8 Pin slot ?

Any of you experiencing this problem?

Thank you for your answer.

Cathanasselis

Cathanasselis

I think I may know what this problem is, or at least where some of the black-screen issues may be stemming from. Some questions:
  1. When the black screens happen, do you still see hardware activity light on your case flashing? If you have any remote-desktop software, does your machine still appear as up and online? If you have another computer, try pinging your 3xxx computer, is there a response?
  2. Is this black screen constant, meaning you haven't been able to get any further display shown?
  3. If not constant, do these black screens only happen after a reboot, or do they also happen after a monitor goes to sleep after non-use?
  4. Does the BIOS/POST display on the screen when rebooting?
  5. What type of display connection are you using: Displayport or HDMI? Do you have more than one monitor?
  6. Around what date did you receive your card? Does it have the red lips?
It definitely appears there are cards that are flat-out dying, in which case that's a separate issue to my own black-screen experience, which seems to stem from a driver/firmware issue that isn't properly detecting displays as being in standby mode, and thus, not properly pulling the displays out of standby mode. If you see a single lit LED red light, however, that's an automatic RMA.
jankerson
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 901
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: RTX 3080 Black Screen Windows 10 Wont start 2020/12/06 20:26:00 (permalink)
Liyanlin
I Bought the EVGA 850W GA today, I tried it at home, the problem remains still. It seems it be a card problem.

The GA has issues with the 3000 series.

You need to try another PSU other than the GA>

i9 9900K @ 5.0 GHz, NH D15, 32 GB GSKILL Trident Z RGB, AORUS Z390 MASTER, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, Steel Series APEX PRO, Logitech Gaming Pro Mouse, CM Master Case 5, Corsair AXI 1600W.

i7 8086K, AORUS Z370 Gaming 5, 16GB GSKILL RJV 3200, EVGA 2080TI FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB, (2)SAMSUNG 860 EVO 500 GB, Acer Predator XB1 XB271HU, Corsair HXI 850W.

i7 8700K, AORUS Z370 Ultra Gaming, 16GB 16GB DDR4 3000, EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 960 EVO 250GB, Corsair HX 850W.
leedhuevn
Re: RTX 3080 Black Screen Windows 10 Wont start 2020/12/07 00:42:28 (permalink)
It seems like a driver problem best thing to do is clean install the lastest driver but a quick solution is try Hold Window+CTRL+Shift+B whenever you get black screen. For a permanent solution follow this 
I had the same problem with my RTX 3080 on the previous NVIDIA driver where the GPU would crash and restart my pc only during idle, surfing the web, or watching a youtube videos. After update to the newly released driver using clean uninstall driver using Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU)(also disable internet before the DDU process is very crucial first try without disabling my internet the crashing problem persist), it seems to fix the problem so far no crash for a couple of days. You should download the latest NVIDIA driver to a folder first Since the NVIDIA team address this issue and seem to attempt to fix it with this new Driver. you need to disable your internet (windows tend to automatically install older NVIDIA drivers that you don't want when your computer restart after DDU uninstall process) before going through the process. First, you should disable your internet then enter Safe Mode and use DDU to uninstall the driver once your computer restart makes sure the internet still disable then install the NVIDIA driver that you downloaded after installation finish then you can enable your internet again. Hopefully, this will fix your crash problem good luck! Also, there was a fix by switching from optimal power in NVIDIA control to maximum performance but after what I did above seems like the crash gone even on optimal power.
post edited by leedhuevn - 2020/12/07 16:28:06
ridesy
  • Total Posts : 54
Re: RTX 3080 Black Screen Windows 10 Wont start 2020/12/07 06:37:51 (permalink)
leedhuevn
It seems like a driver problem best thing to do is clean install the lastest driver but a quick solution is try Hold Alt+Window+CTRL+B whenever you get black screen. For a permanent solution follow this 

Hi Leed

Just to confirm the Windows 10 shortcut to reset graphics driver/restart display from black screen is actually:
Windows logo key  + Ctrl + Shift + B (not Alt). 
No idea if Alt would do anything (good or bad) and haven't tried, but Win+Ctrl+Shift+B is the reset graphics driver/restart display shortcut.
Ridesy

X79 Dark (2.09), 4820K @4.5Ghz, 1.225 vCore, 4 x 8Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133Mhz, 2 x GTX780 Classified Hydrocopper & HK3.0 CPU Watercool. DD5 Pump in XSPC bay Resevior.
leedhuevn
Re: RTX 3080 Black Screen Windows 10 Wont start 2020/12/07 16:29:37 (permalink)
yes sorry Windows logo key  + Ctrl + Shift + B  not Alt type it wrong i had fixed it 
Liyanlin
Re: RTX 3080 Black Screen Windows 10 Wont start 2020/12/16 07:40:32 (permalink)
leedhuevn
yes sorry Windows logo key  + Ctrl + Shift + B  not Alt type it wrong i had fixed it 

leedhuevn
It seems like a driver problem best thing to do is clean install the lastest driver but a quick solution is try Hold Window+CTRL+Shift+B whenever you get black screen. For a permanent solution follow this 
I had the same problem with my RTX 3080 on the previous NVIDIA driver where the GPU would crash and restart my pc only during idle, surfing the web, or watching a youtube videos. After update to the newly released driver using clean uninstall driver using Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU)(also disable internet before the DDU process is very crucial first try without disabling my internet the crashing problem persist), it seems to fix the problem so far no crash for a couple of days. You should download the latest NVIDIA driver to a folder first Since the NVIDIA team address this issue and seem to attempt to fix it with this new Driver. you need to disable your internet (windows tend to automatically install older NVIDIA drivers that you don't want when your computer restart after DDU uninstall process) before going through the process. First, you should disable your internet then enter Safe Mode and use DDU to uninstall the driver once your computer restart makes sure the internet still disable then install the NVIDIA driver that you downloaded after installation finish then you can enable your internet again. Hopefully, this will fix your crash problem good luck! Also, there was a fix by switching from optimal power in NVIDIA control to maximum performance but after what I did above seems like the crash gone even on optimal power.

jankerson
Liyanlin

The GA has issues with the 3000 series.

You need to try another PSU other than the GA>

Thank you everyone for being so helpful throughout this time. I got my replacement EVGA 3080 FTW from EVGA for about 5 days in total.
They did not mention the problem, but I updated the driver. Now no more problem with the card. And I wish everyone Merry Christmas. Cheer 

Cathanasselis
Re: RTX 3080 Black Screen Windows 10 Wont start 2020/12/16 08:32:11 (permalink)
My replacement card has been running perfectly with no black screen issues at all. So if you get constant black screen crashing problems and have tried DDU with clean drivers and other troubleshooting, I would definitely recommend RMA. It took two replacement cards for me to be able to enjoy my 3080. I have to give props to evga for the amazing customer support! I hope everyone has a great holidays.
ctn2mb
  • Total Posts : 99
Re: RTX 3080 Black Screen Windows 10 Wont start 2020/12/16 14:52:31 (permalink)
did you plug in all the power cables correctly? 
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile