EVGA

RMA Shipment Lost/Missing

Author
AngelGraves13
  • Total Posts : 78
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2017/02/27 00:54:08 (permalink)
ups delivered to wrong address. Recovered package from another building across the street.
post edited by AngelGraves13 - 2017/02/27 13:43:36

11 Replies Related Threads

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: RMA Shipment Lost/Missing 2017/02/27 00:58:14 (permalink)
    Again, please contact evga after they open tomorrow. Support techs may not be able to get the information that EVGA can get.

At 1 am, on a weekend, EVGA offices are closed.

UPS should update the weight of the package when they pick it up, as I stated in the other threads.

UPS has been showing amazon packages delivered upnto 72 hours before they are actually delivered. Evga cant fix that, as that is 100% UPS doing something wrong.

Trying to consolidate all your threads so we arent chasing you around the forums trying to answer posts in multiple threads. Stick to this one from now on please, or your questions in other threads may not be answered in a timely manner.

No, you can request a will-call pickup. Evga already has that on the site, so "driving down and picking it up or dropping off" isn't an option.
    post edited by Scarlet-Tech - 2017/02/27 01:04:48
    EddieH
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 2016
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: RMA Shipment Lost/Missing 2017/02/27 08:37:42 (permalink)
    AngelGraves13
    Ok, so I'm going to post my most recent experience with eVGA RMA regarding the ICX upgrade.

I paid $108.74 on 02/17 for the ICX upgrade and shipped my like new 1080 GTX FTW on 02/21, which they received and approved on 02/22

I then received an email from UPS with a tracking number on the 02/23 for a "1 LB" package that would be delivered on 02/24. I waited all day for UPS, they never showed, and then I received a notification that the package was delivered to "front door." I checked my front door and the rest of the apartment building, and nothing. No package. I asked my neighbors if they saw or heard a UPS truck, and I was told "no."

I call UPS and let them know that they didn't deliver my package and to return to where they delivered to find it. I let eVGA know I didn't get my package, and they tell me that UPS has to do an 8-10 business day investigation, and then when it's completed, they'll let me if they're going to send me another card. The word "if" hit me like a punch in the gut. Does this mean I spent $800 on a 1080 GTX and $100 more for an ICX upgrade and will have absolutely nothing to show for it?

I ask eVGA if my card has shipped out, and why it still says "pending shipment" under RMA status. The new card has also not been added to My Products. Tech Support over the phone says that's odd and manually adds the 1080 GTX FTW2 to My Products, but shipping information still says the same thing, even today.

I start reading the ICX upgrade thread, where others are asking about the odd "1 LB" package. It's obvious to anyone who shipped their 1080 GTX FTW to eVGA that the card weighs 4 LBS, not 1. There's mention that it may actually be the free "t-shirt" and I'm told that shipping information should be provided under RMA, but according to eVGA site, my product hasn't even shipped.

It's Sunday, and I have no graphics card, so I end up going to Fry's in Burbank and picking up a cheap 1060 GTX SC for $280. I'm writing this sad tale from my once great gaming machine, that's now been reduced to a 1060 GTX.

If you haven't done the RMA yet, I'd strongly suggest NOT doing it, as now I'm left without a video card.

Hello AngelGraves13,
    We do appreciate you contacting us over the weekend to let us know of the current situation.  We did in fact set up an investigation with UPS, and will have to wait until it is completed before we can provide an update.  We will also follow up with our RMA department,  since it was the weekend when you contacted us, that department was closed.  We will make sure to do all we can to resolved the this issues for you as soon as possible.  We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding.

_Eddie
    AngelGraves13
    Re: RMA Shipment Lost/Missing 2017/02/27 11:22:29 (permalink)
    Seems others are saying their video card was in the 1 lb package, so I guess I'm screwed.

Still no UPS... trying to catch them when they're here to talk to driver about the package and find out who delivered it and where.
    wmmills
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5679
    • Ribbons : 40
    Re: RMA Shipment Lost/Missing 2017/02/27 12:41:06 (permalink)
    Does EVGa require a signature for delivery on RMA's also?

MOBO: EVGA x299 Dark, CPU: I9 10900X, RAM: Patriot Viper RGB 3600 32gb, SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, M2: Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB, PSU: CoolerMaster M2 1500, CPU HSF: EVGA 240 CLC HSF~ P/P EK Furious Vardar, G-CARD:EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming w/Hybrid kit and Noctua IPPC 3000 P/P, CASE: LIAN-LI PC-V2010B w/ Window mod, OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, MON: Alienware AW3821DW

New EVGA product? Register it NOW with this link:
    http://www.evga.com/register/default.asp?affiliatecode=4QFQRAMOII
     Help Our Vets From K-2!
    [link=https://strongholdfreedom
    AngelGraves13
    Re: RMA Shipment Lost/Missing 2017/02/27 13:24:55 (permalink)
    Update:

Got a call from someone I didn't recognize. Said they had my package and it was delivered to an incorrect address. Met up with the guy and recovered the missing package.

It was the video card and t shirt in a giant box that probably weighs 4 lbs.

Good to know there's still honest people out there.

Ups delivered to building 333 while I live in 336. Both buildings have matching apartment numbers.

I already called both parties to let them know I received the package and told ups to be more careful next time.
    AngelGraves13
    Re: RMA Shipment Lost/Missing 2017/02/27 13:27:57 (permalink)
    wmmills
    Does EVGa require a signature for delivery on RMA's also?

No
    Bobmitch
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8329
    • Ribbons : 47
    Re: RMA Shipment Lost/Missing 2017/02/27 13:28:43 (permalink)
    AngelGraves13

Update:

Got a call from someone I didn't recognize. Said they had my package and it was delivered to an incorrect address. Met up with the guy and recovered the missing package.

Ups delivered to building 333 while I live in 336. Both buildings have matching apartment numbers.

I already called both parties to let them know I received the package and told ups to be more careful next time.

Glad you recovered it.  You can let your heart beat a little slower, now.  Enjoy the card...
    post edited by EVGATech_EddieH - 2017/02/27 13:44:59

MSI MAG X670-E Tomahawk;  Ryzen 7 7800X3D; Asus TUF RTX 4070 TI OC; Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 PSU; 32 GB  Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 RGB; Corsair iCue Link H150i RGB 360MM AIO; 2-Western Digital Black 4 TB SN850X NVMe; Creative SoundBlaster Z;  Lian Li Lancool III; EVGA Z15 Keyboard; Razer Viper 8K Mouse

Heatware:  http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=72402    Affiliate code: 1L2RV0BNQ6                                          
    Associate Code:  UD82LJP3Y1FIQPR

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: RMA Shipment Lost/Missing 2017/02/27 13:37:43 (permalink)
    AngelGraves13
    Update:

Glad to hear the package was recovered. Sorry that UPS put you through the ringer over the weekend. Please make sure your new card is registered. If not, please conract support@evga.com with the new serial number and ask them to register it for you, so they can get all of the new information properly updated in the system.
    EddieH
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 2016
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: RMA Shipment Lost/Missing 2017/02/27 13:48:28 (permalink)
    AngelGraves13
    Update:

AngleGrave13,
    We do appreciate the update.  Glad that you were able to receive you package.  We contacted UPS and cancelled the investigation, and provided them with the information above.  Enjoy your new iCX graphics card!

_Eddie
    AngelGraves13
    Re: RMA Shipment Lost/Missing 2017/03/03 12:49:21 (permalink)
    BTW, UPS didn't do any investigation. I called several times while the package was missing and they had no updates. I found my package, not them. All they had to do was send the guy who delivered it back to the place he dropped it off and reclaim it, and they couldn't do that.

If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself.
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: RMA Shipment Lost/Missing 2017/03/03 12:51:12 (permalink)
    AngelGraves13
    BTW, UPS didn't do any investigation. I called several times while the package was missing and they had no updates. I found my package, not them. All they had to do was send the guy who delivered it back to the place he dropped it off and reclaim it, and they couldn't do that.

If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself.

I experienced the same thing when a package was sent to my old address. The post office had no idea where it had gone.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile