EVGA

Problem with brand new EVGA 3070-ti FTW3 ULTRA

Author
the_real_zazza
  • Total Posts : 25
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/07/18 08:11:59 (permalink)
Hi guys, on my brand new 3070-ti FTW3 ULTRA on the led bar near the wording "TI", the led in that area start to flashing and it doesn't stay stable ... plus it has a hard time synchronizing with light colors. If I turn off the "precision" led bar, that led stays on anyway. The small illuminated writing "FTW3" in the corner does not light up. A disaster. I have not been able to ascertain if it is a firmwre problem because, as soon as it is mounted, the PC is switched on and "precision x1" is started, the firmware update to the final "F2" version has started. I changed the power supply cable set without solving anything, I removed the sleeves, changed the sleeves but nothing at all. I contacted evga on twitter, including Jacob and also the customer support via email, I requested the flashable firmware for a recovery attempt but they did not provide me with anything nor were they able to still provide me with a valid solution after 5 days. Anyone experiences with led bar issues on the 3000 FTW3 series and solved? I leave you a link to the twitter conversation to view the uploaded videos. Thanks so much so much

https://twitter.com/zazzi...15368465456697347?s=20

12 Replies Related Threads

jeffmd
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 173
    Re: Problem with brand new EVGA 3070-ti FTW3 ULTRA 2021/07/18 09:46:12 (permalink)
    Looks like a bad chip in the led. You will need to get it fixed under warranty but you may be able to convince EVGA they just need to send you a new shroud. Very easy to remove.
    atfrico
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 12753
    • Ribbons : 25
    Re: Problem with brand new EVGA 3070-ti FTW3 ULTRA 2021/07/18 10:38:51 (permalink)
    the led cable is loose probably? you might have to see it for yourself by dismantling the GPU.

Those who abuse power, are nothing but scumbags! The challenge of power is how to use it and not abuse it. The abuse of power that seems to create the most unhappiness is when a person uses personal power to get ahead without regards to the welfare of others, people are obsessed with it. You can take a nice person and turn them into a slob, into an insane being, craving power, destroying anything that stands in their way.

Affiliate Code: 3T15O1S07G
    jeffmd
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Problem with brand new EVGA 3070-ti FTW3 ULTRA 2021/07/18 21:18:41 (permalink)
    atfrico
    the led cable is loose probably? you might have to see it for yourself by dismantling the GPU.

So... addressable led strips do not work like that. A lose cable would just mean you get no lights. There are 3 wires. 2 power and one data. a break at any specific point would darken the lights from that point, down to the end of the strip. Addressable LEDs have a tiny microchip in each package, and it is common for these chips to go bad. Ask anyone who does Christmas pixel lights. -_-
    atfrico
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 12753
    • Ribbons : 25
    Re: Problem with brand new EVGA 3070-ti FTW3 ULTRA 2021/07/18 21:58:26 (permalink)
    jeffmd
    atfrico

So... addressable led strips do not work like that. A lose cable would just mean you get no lights. There are 3 wires. 2 power and one data. a break at any specific point would darken the lights from that point, down to the end of the strip. Addressable LEDs have a tiny microchip in each package, and it is common for these chips to go bad. Ask anyone who does Christmas pixel lights. -_-

😯 so that is how it works🤔 ty for the brief explanation of how led lights work😎👍

Those who abuse power, are nothing but scumbags! The challenge of power is how to use it and not abuse it. The abuse of power that seems to create the most unhappiness is when a person uses personal power to get ahead without regards to the welfare of others, people are obsessed with it. You can take a nice person and turn them into a slob, into an insane being, craving power, destroying anything that stands in their way.

Affiliate Code: 3T15O1S07G
    Gintama6888
    • Total Posts : 38
    Re: Problem with brand new EVGA 3070-ti FTW3 ULTRA 2021/07/19 00:56:11 (permalink)
    Maybe trying different PCI-E power cables for the card or swap them around and see if that helps.. much easier than doing RA n waiting for ages!!!!
    the_real_zazza
    Re: Problem with brand new EVGA 3070-ti FTW3 ULTRA 2021/07/21 02:29:55 (permalink)
    I tried, as also advised me by the support, to see if there were any connection losses. Since they were 7 screws (4 side and 3 on the fans) I disassembled it to check if there were any problems, without finding any. The cables that manage power supply and LEDs are 6 in total connected, soldered and covered with glue and they were all in place. I also tried a little cleaning but nothing. Once everything was reassembled perfectly, the offending LED or LEDs continued to malfunction as before. I think I'll proceed with an Advanced RMA to not run out of gpu again. There is a bit of bitterness because the problem occurred practically from the first second and not a subsequent use of the same. Currently, there are no replacement shrouds for the 3070-TI FTW3 ULTRA and it is necessary to proceed directly to the exchange under warranty. Aggiungo di aver sostituito anche l'alimentatore in garanzia pensando a un malfunzionamento dello stesso sul power delivery ma nulla.
    post edited by the_real_zazza - 2021/07/21 02:32:42

jeffmd
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Problem with brand new EVGA 3070-ti FTW3 ULTRA 2021/07/21 13:57:25 (permalink)
    It is just cosmetic so I would just inquire 6 months later. 
    the_real_zazza
    Re: Problem with brand new EVGA 3070-ti FTW3 ULTRA 2021/07/22 03:20:51 (permalink)
    jeffmd

Why? It's an RMA, I send it to them...then they are the ones who have to find a prompt solution to my problem

Ghawain86
    • Total Posts : 12
    Re: Problem with brand new EVGA 3070-ti FTW3 ULTRA 2021/07/22 08:53:46 (permalink)
    Hello there,

My 3080ti had this occur on the end ARGB EVGA logo. The light was flickering like a rave was going on inside. At first it was just for a short duration, then it just wouldn't stop, even when I turned the light off via software. I tried reseating the cable via opening the shroud, a complete reinstall of windows without controlling software for any ARGB and a few other tricks I saw off reddit, but it would still come back.

I eventually just cross ship RMA'd it. I think I got lucky because I received the new card within four days and my "defective" card is almost back in their hands. The collateral cost is insane for this though. 

These cards are so expensive these days, I think that all features should work, so my advice, RMA that thing as soon as possible, especially if you are within the 30 day period of purchasing it. You never know if that RGB issue is a symptom of something underlying that will spring up later. If it's just a simple RGB swap out, then it'll be a good reconditioned card for someone else.
    post edited by Ghawain86 - 2021/07/22 08:55:48
    the_real_zazza
    Re: Problem with brand new EVGA 3070-ti FTW3 ULTRA 2021/07/23 00:15:42 (permalink)
    Ghawain86
    Hello there,

My 3080ti had this occur on the end ARGB EVGA logo. The light was flickering like a rave was going on inside. At first it was just for a short duration, then it just wouldn't stop, even when I turned the light off via software. I tried reseating the cable via opening the shroud, a complete reinstall of windows without controlling software for any ARGB and a few other tricks I saw off reddit, but it would still come back.

I eventually just cross ship RMA'd it. I think I got lucky because I received the new card within four days and my "defective" card is almost back in their hands. The collateral cost is insane for this though. 

These cards are so expensive these days, I think that all features should work, so my advice, RMA that thing as soon as possible, especially if you are within the 30 day period of purchasing it. You never know if that RGB issue is a symptom of something underlying that will spring up later. If it's just a simple RGB swap out, then it'll be a good reconditioned card for someone else.

Same problem as yours....it flashes in rave party mode, then the "FTW3" LED stops working and then the LED next to it remains fixed. If I select dark colors I don't have the problem, but the "FTW3" LED doesn't work anyway. If I select light colors the party starts and the "FTW3" LED doesn't work anyway. I also proceeded to format the pc without any control software for rgb as you did but I did not solve the problem, I also tried with the repositioning of the cables but nothing.
    Initially I tried to make an Advanced RMA but the deposit was about 1.600 euros !!!
    So I proceeded with standard RMA. I also find it annoying and unacceptable that after paying a disproportionate sum to find faulty components. I would have accepted, perhaps, that the LED no longer works after some time but practically a malfunction right away no!

razor_pk
    • Total Posts : 100
    Re: Problem with brand new EVGA 3070-ti FTW3 ULTRA 2021/07/23 10:20:34 (permalink)
    jeffmd
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Problem with brand new EVGA 3070-ti FTW3 ULTRA 2021/07/23 21:31:10 (permalink)
    the_real_zazza
    jeffmd

Why? It's an RMA, I send it to them...then they are the ones who have to find a prompt solution to my problem

Because then you have to send the card away, and it may not be instant before they get a replacement for you. Also you know something.. if I get a card and it works great.. I usually thank the stars. Nothing sucks more than finding problems with it and then I HAVE to go through the rma process. I owned a 7800sc(agp) that after 3 replacements could still never hold its factory overclock and stay stable, and I had an 8800 ultra that was replaced as many times because the memory would always die. 

So you could keep your working card and then try and secure a new shroud 6 months down the line when supply should be much better, or you can roll the dice and take some time off while they send you a new card. It is all up to you. 
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile