ProbeIt monitoring display project

Author
micfogas
  • Total Posts : 52
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/11/08 02:31:40 (permalink)
Hi all,

I have a z390 dark motherboard, and I(extremely randomly) had the idea of "wouldn't it be cool to make a nice little display inside my computer that shows all of the ProbeIt outputs in real time?" So I came up with this project idea. I understand that theres not much benefit to this other than for-show factor, but I like the idea enough to do it. I picked up an Arduino ATMega 2560 (it has 16 analog inputs) and a 3.5" tft display for it. I found an stl model for a bezel for the display (which I've already printed), and I plan to run the ProbeIt wires behind the motherboard, into the 2560, with only the display visible. I have a CM H500M case, so I plan to put the display on the vertical SSD mounts. It looks great in my head anyway.

I'm just wondering if anyone has done this or something similar before? I'm also open to creative ideas or suggestions, or details I might have overlooked. I can set the AREF off a 5v line from a sata or molex connector, run through a regulator to keep it as accurate and stable as possible. I'll have to use resistors to drop the 12v line but if I cut it down by 1/3, that will keep it well within the 5v limit on the adc inputs and is easy enough to multiply by 3 to convert it back up with minimal accuracy loss. I can even possibly expand it's function at a later time to be an argb controller too. But I don't want to get too far ahead of myself.

Anyway, would appreciate some feedback on this. If there's interest, I'll create an instructable for it afterward. Again, I'm aware that the usefulness is minimal to nonexistent for most people, but it gives me a fun project to work on.

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile