EVGA

Precision x1 not launched after splash screen

Author
CRViper
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/07/03 04:56:01 (permalink)
Hope to be able to get some help here. Previously the software was working and i was able to update bios etc to enable resizable bar. That has worked fine.

Didnt use it for awhile and wanted to start changing the LED profile on the 3080 FTW3 and suddenly the Precision x1 software was not able to launch. Only got the splash screen and nothing else. Have tried following various threads on uninstalling, rebooting, removing all files from program files, user appdata reboot and reinstalling the latest version. 

None of that helped. Tried both standalone and steam version and faced the same issue. Even tried with various version and all the same. Appreciate if somebody can guide/point me in the right direction how to troubleshoot this to get it working again.

Card: 3080 FTW3

TIA guys.

9 Replies Related Threads

CRViper
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: Precision x1 not launched after splash screen 2021/07/03 17:43:05 (permalink)
    Just like to update that I found the solution posted on  seems to help.

Managed to get 1.1.3 working for me. All other versions basically only gives a splash screen and doesn't load. Anybody has advice in future if there is a need to upgrade to a new updated version, whats the best way to do the upgrade?
    ThaWhistle
    • Total Posts : 76
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Precision x1 not launched after splash screen 2021/07/08 09:54:22 (permalink)
    I'm having the same exact issue. deleting all related files, reinstalling, trying older versions that worked, shutting down all other hardware tracking software(HWinfo, RSS, or Corsiar ICue) doesnt make a difference. Precision just will not open. The PRecision logo flashes and the cursor spins, but thats it.
    bob16314
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8048
    • Ribbons : 761
    Re: Precision x1 not launched after splash screen 2021/07/08 12:42:38 (permalink)
    The PrecisionX_x64.exe (CONFIG File) is located in the C:\Program Files\EVGA\Precision X1 folder..You can edit the .cfg file to stop the Splash Screen from loading to see if that's the problem.

Open the PrecisionX_x64.exe (CONFIG File) with Notepad..Then find the entry
    <setting name="General_SplashScreen" serializeAs="String">
    <value>True</value>
    and change the True value to False..Close Notepad and Save the edited .cfg file to Desktop..Then Cut/Paste it from Desktop into the C:\Program Files\EVGA\Precision X1 folder and replace the original one.

That will stop the Splash Screen from loading.

You can change Check Updates from the default On Startup Daily to Never, find
    <setting name="General_UpdateType" serializeAs="String">
    <value>2</value>
    and change the value from 2 to 0 to see if that might matter too.

* Corsair Obsidian 450D Mid-Tower - Airflow Edition * ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) * Intel i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz * 16GB G.SKILL Trident Z 4133MHz * Sabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 SSD * WD Black 500 GB HDD * Seasonic M12 II 750W * Corsair H115i Elite Capellix 280mm * EVGA GTX 760 SC * Win7 Home/Win10 Home * 

"Whatever it takes, as long as it works" - Me

IronV666
    • Total Posts : 3
    Re: Precision x1 not launched after splash screen 2021/07/18 20:39:42 (permalink)
    I get the same problem. After I installed 1.2.2.0 and ran the installer, it updated the firmware of my card. That succeeded but the px1 wont launch past the splash screen. Windows event viewer error:

Log Name: Application
    Source: .NET Runtime
    Date: 2021-07-18 11:30:27 PM
    Event ID: 1026
    Task Category: None
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: DESKTOP-VCKC7VP
    Description:
    Application: PrecisionX_x64.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.ArithmeticException
    Exception Info: System.OverflowException
    at System.Windows.Media.Imaging.ColorConvertedBitmap.FinalizeCreation()
    at System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapSource.CreateCachedBitmap(System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapFrame, System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapSourceSafeMILHandle, System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapCreateOptions, System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapCacheOption, System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapPalette)
    at System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapFrameDecode.FinalizeCreation()
    at System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapDecoder.SetupFrames(System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapDecoder, System.Collections.ObjectModel.ReadOnlyCollection`1<System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapFrame>)
    at System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapDecoder.get_Frames()
    at System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapFrame.CreateFromUriOrStream(System.Uri, System.Uri, System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapCreateOptions, System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapCacheOption, System.Net.Cache.RequestCachePolicy)
    at System.Windows.Media.ImageSourceConverter.ConvertFrom(System.ComponentModel.ITypeDescriptorContext, System.Globalization.CultureInfo, System.Object)
    at MS.Internal.Xaml.Runtime.ClrObjectRuntime.CallProvideValue(System.Windows.Markup.MarkupExtension, System.IServiceProvider)
    Exception Info: System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException
    at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.RewrapException(System.Exception, System.Xaml.IXamlLineInfo, System.Uri)
    at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(System.Xaml.XamlReader, System.Xaml.IXamlObjectWriterFactory, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriterSettings, System.Uri)
    at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(System.Xaml.XamlReader, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.Permissions.XamlAccessLevel, System.Uri)
    at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext, System.Object, Boolean)
    at PX18.View.MainWindow..ctor()
    at PX18.App.App_Startup(System.Object, System.Windows.StartupEventArgs)
    at System.Windows.Application.OnStartup(System.Windows.StartupEventArgs)
    at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(System.Object)
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
    at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
    at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.CallbackWrapper(System.Object)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
    at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
    at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
    at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
    at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
    at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
    at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
    at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
    at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
    at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
    at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
    at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
    at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
    at PX18.App.Main()
    at PX18.Program.Main()

Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name=".NET Runtime" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1026</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2021-07-19T03:30:27.4180520Z" />
    <EventRecordID>43039</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>DESKTOP-VCKC7VP</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data>Application: PrecisionX_x64.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.ArithmeticException
    Exception Info: System.OverflowException
    at System.Windows.Media.Imaging.ColorConvertedBitmap.FinalizeCreation()
    at System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapSource.CreateCachedBitmap(System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapFrame, System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapSourceSafeMILHandle, System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapCreateOptions, System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapCacheOption, System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapPalette)
    at System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapFrameDecode.FinalizeCreation()
    at System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapDecoder.SetupFrames(System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapDecoder, System.Collections.ObjectModel.ReadOnlyCollection`1&lt;System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapFrame&gt;)
    at System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapDecoder.get_Frames()
    at System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapFrame.CreateFromUriOrStream(System.Uri, System.Uri, System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapCreateOptions, System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapCacheOption, System.Net.Cache.RequestCachePolicy)
    at System.Windows.Media.ImageSourceConverter.ConvertFrom(System.ComponentModel.ITypeDescriptorContext, System.Globalization.CultureInfo, System.Object)
    at MS.Internal.Xaml.Runtime.ClrObjectRuntime.CallProvideValue(System.Windows.Markup.MarkupExtension, System.IServiceProvider)
    Exception Info: System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException
    at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.RewrapException(System.Exception, System.Xaml.IXamlLineInfo, System.Uri)
    at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(System.Xaml.XamlReader, System.Xaml.IXamlObjectWriterFactory, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriterSettings, System.Uri)
    at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(System.Xaml.XamlReader, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.Permissions.XamlAccessLevel, System.Uri)
    at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext, System.Object, Boolean)
    at PX18.View.MainWindow..ctor()
    at PX18.App.App_Startup(System.Object, System.Windows.StartupEventArgs)
    at System.Windows.Application.OnStartup(System.Windows.StartupEventArgs)
    at System.Windows.Application.&lt;.ctor&gt;b__1_0(System.Object)
    at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
    at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.CallbackWrapper(System.Object)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
    at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
    at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
    at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
    at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
    at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
    at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
    at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
    at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
    at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
    at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
    at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
    at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
    at PX18.App.Main()
    at PX18.Program.Main()
    </Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>
    BizSAR
    EGC Lead Admin / EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 1712
    Re: Precision x1 not launched after splash screen 2021/07/19 11:14:25 (permalink)
    Have you all tried the troubleshooting steps stickied in this sub-forum yet?
    post edited by BizSAR - 2021/07/19 11:18:34

BizSAR
    EVGA 3090Ti FTW3 Ultra / ZOTAC 4070Ti Trinity OC - ASUS ROG PG279QM
    IronV666
    Re: Precision x1 not launched after splash screen 2021/07/19 11:51:11 (permalink)
    BizSAR
    Have you all tried the stickied in this sub-forum yet?

Yes I have. There's quite a few people across the forums that run into this issue. Version up to 1.1.7 works fine. I have this issue with 1.1.8+.
    Maybe it requires a specific .NET patch from Windows.
    IronV666
    Re: Precision x1 not launched after splash screen 2021/07/19 13:12:58 (permalink)
    Reinstalling Windows 10 fixed it.
    himoshifu
    Re: Precision x1 not launched after splash screen 2021/07/28 05:57:00 (permalink)
    Try install/reinstall Visual C++ Redistributable 2013-2019 x86 and then x64.  Seems like I have to do that all the time for just this software.  I just had to this this morning after I noticed my auto fan curves were not applying for god knows how long.

I installed/repaired Visual C++ 2013 x86 then x64
    Then installed/repaired Visual C++ 2015-2019 x86/x64

After that, I could get into Precision X1.  Still didn't fix my fan curve not applying and I'm working on manual fan speed to keep temps down.

Appears I can't link directly to Microsoft's Visual C++ page.  Just google "The latest supported Visual C++ downloads" and you'll find it up top.

post edited by himoshifu - 2021/07/28 06:01:40
    RjBass3
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: Precision x1 not launched after splash screen 2021/07/28 08:28:47 (permalink)
    I was running into the same issue and I tried multiple versions of Precision X1, none of them worked.  Then, on a fluke I found the answer to what was causing my issue.  
    I run two GPU's in my system for a 6 monitor setup.  An EVGA RTX 3070 ti FTW3 (runs four of my screens) and a MSI GT 710 (handles the other two).  When trying to launch PX1 it would crash after the splash screen, but if I disable the GT 710 in the device manager, PX1 loads just fine.  

I know not many people run two GPU's anymore, but from this result I can only assume that PX1 won't launch if it detects a GPU in your systems that isn't an EVGA GPU.  In this case, even though I have an EVGA GPU in my system, the MSI GPU overrode it.  

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile