EVGA

Precision X1 v1.3.7.0 not starting - Lenovo Laptop (multiple nVidia devices)

Author
cjs.500
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2022/11/27 10:23:27 (permalink)
Hi all, this is more an FYI for some that might have issues with starting Precision X1 on some hardware setups, especially if you have a setup like mine. I was getting a .NET error and the stack output shows it is a hardware sub class. I found that disabling other video cards that are nVidia types cleared my issues. 

I recently had 2x desktop screens + laptop screen with docking station and changed to 3x screens and closing the lid on the laptop only using onboard video when mobile. While it works fine with nVidia driver manager etc, the Precision X1 did not like the Quadro P2000 video card so disabling it in the device manager allows precision to open so I can adjust settings on the discrete card settings.

I had gone through many forum and posts for VC redist, .NET versions, clean installs, permissions etc. There didn't seem to be a workaround for this. 

Hope this helps some out there if running into the same type of error and relatively the same configuration. 

I'm running the following:
Lenovo P72 which has a nVidia Quadro P2000
Razer Core X eGPU
eVGA RTX 3070 Ti FTW or eVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW (any eVGA I have tried in this config)
Windows 11 22H2, .NET 4.8.1, VC redist 2015-2022

.NET error:
Application: PrecisionX_x64.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(System.ExceptionArgument, System.ExceptionResource)
at PX18.ViewModel.HWMonitorVM.addMenus(System.Collections.Generic.List`1<PX18.Model.Monitor>)
at PX18.ViewModel.HWMonitorVM.set_MonitorView(System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.UniformGrid)
at PX18.View.HWMonitorUC.UserControl_Loaded(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs)
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs, Boolean)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(System.Windows.DependencyObject, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs)
at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastEvent(System.Windows.DependencyObject, System.Windows.RoutedEvent)
at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastLoadedEvent(System.Object)
at MS.Internal.LoadedOrUnloadedOperation.DoWork()
at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireLoadedPendingCallbacks()
at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireInvokeOnRenderCallbacks()
at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandlerCore(System.Object)
at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandler(System.Object)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.OnResize()
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.HandleMessage(MS.Internal.Interop.WindowMessage, IntPtr, IntPtr)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.HwndTargetFilterMessage(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile